A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

are we not allowed to put ('s) in the Nickname section? - question

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else?

it happens with me too - get the syntax error

[ In Reply To ..]
~ ~
{..}

thank you, good to know I am not alone! - :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Me, too. Most of my posts get syntax errors. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Yo, Monitors. Can The Apostrophe Thingie In The Mid Nickname Be
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

MONITORS: Using Apostrophes In The Nickname Line Blocks My Posts With
Jan 02, 2010

Also, how can I tell when I've run out of space to post in the subject or nickname fields? My posts get cut off a lot.   Just FYI, your message above is misspelled as "Swith" to Plain Text instead of "switch." :) ...

How Many F11's Are We Allowed?
Feb 02, 2011

x ...

Should It Be Allowed (they Just Did This To Me)
Feb 02, 2013

I sent a dictation to QC for blanks because the dictator was saying wrong words, and mis-speaking.  I just got about 7 major errors for things which the dictator changed mind, slurred, and that is why I put it in the pending with questions to begin with.  So, is this the correct policy. Put in the blanks, question certain words and then still get in trouble for this as major errors? I did not put through to client, questioned each, put difficult dictator in box, please help and then I ...

Uh Oh...we Were Allowed To
Dec 25, 2014

in case of NJA, which I did, but now I am not having NJA.  Will have to find out what to do.  All the new ideas seem to be bad ones, but then, what would one expect with MM. ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...

How Many Excused Absences Are You Allowed...
Jan 08, 2013

And what happens if you exceed that number? ...

What Have We Allowed To Happen To Our Profession?
May 22, 2014

Ladies and Gentleman MTs -- Twenty years ago I earned 7 cpl at my job as an IC MT, was treated fairly by my employer, paid weekend and holiday bonuses, as well as quan/qual bonuses.  Although hours were long, worked most holidays and weekends, I earned around $45,000/yr, about $35.00 an hour and was free to choose the hours that I worked.   Could we all just take some control over our professions, please?  Yes, being an MT is a profession.  How much specialized education, t ...

Are We Allowed To Use Downloaded Version
Oct 30, 2014

I guess you can no longer buy full licensed copies of MS Word on a disk ???  I see you can get MS Word 2013 in downloadable form, starting with a "trial" and then I guess you end up paying per year or month?  So, is this acceptable or do we HAVE to have it on disk? ...

More Blanks Allowed Before Sending To IQA
Jan 13, 2015

Ok, got E-mail about changing when we have to send reports to IQA and when we can just ship on. Increasing number of blanks, etc.  Anyone understand how this is going to impact our 10% or less criteria?  I may be crazy, but sounds like we might be getting a break here. Guess we have been shipping too much to IQA. When in doubt we don't want to lose money with a wrong guess. ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

Cardioscribes - India MTSO - Why Are They Allowed To Post? Sm
Mar 22, 2010

Their ad even boasts about offshore work.  "This position will include editing VR files, MT files, and offshore files - all through the same software. " See link. Surprised the moderators have not dumped the ad or is that all a thing of the past here at MTStars? http://forum.mtstars.com/207366.html ...

What Are Some Questions That You Guys Ask During Interview? (Am I Allowed To Ask This Moderator)- Sm
Feb 22, 2011

x ...

Am I Allowed To Change Font Size In Ebeyondtxt?
Apr 29, 2013

nm ...

Gyn - CS Section
Oct 12, 2010

s/l Lexus O retractor ??? ...

Anyone Know Why Semi-private Hospital Rooms Are Still Allowed Under HIPAA?
Oct 06, 2010

I work for one of the big MTSOs, take annual HIPAA training, and know I am subject to fines or discharge for disclosing someone else̢۪s medical info, either intentionally or accidentally such as via an incorrect C/C. I am therefore baffled as to why hospitals are still allowed to put patients in semiprivate rooms where HIPAA rules just seem to go out the window. For example, just yesterday I returned from a 23-hour overnight after an outpatient procedure at a well-regarded acute-care hos ...

Instant Text Moving Included Entries Is Not Allowed
Sep 05, 2012

Good morning all! I am trying to move an entry in Instant Text and I am getting this message -   Moving included entries is not allowed. To move entries of an included glossary, first open it into the Glossary Viewer.   Any ideas???   Thanks,   Cathy ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Name Of Retractor Used In C-section
Apr 12, 2010

In a C-section -- dictates:  the midline revealed the peritoneum which was entered, extended superiorly and inferiorly and a s/l leksus O retractor was placed.    Thanks ...

In Labs Section
Oct 07, 2010

Right after total bilirubin doc says what s/l t-time or t-timer 1446.   Thanks! ...

C-section Op Report
Jan 04, 2011

Pre adn post op diagnoses are:  A 38 week pregnancy. A previous cesarean section. Early labor.  There is also mention of cervical stenosis.  Dr. ESL and I am new so struggling with this paragraph. She has a significant history of having had a previous primary low transverse cesarean section in October, 2005 for ______ ( s/l  arrested descent) with labor and _______ (s/l  arrested debilitation) despite an extensive _____ ( s/l  trial) of labor. The ...

Pregnancy/c-section
Jan 24, 2011

s/l "Schwom of clear fluid..."   I'm stumped!! ...

Dr. Is Doing A Caesarean Section
Jun 01, 2011

Dr. is doing a Caesarean section.  I can't get get a good sound of type type of retractor - sounds like "biliary" ??  Thanks ...

C-section S/l Curr--any OB MTs Know This?
Feb 07, 2013

Doc says "repeat c-section s/l curr." Are there different techniques for C sections? I know there are different techniques for practically everything, but i rarely type OB reports so I'm not sure. Any OB expert who can help me out? ...

Landmark Frustrations - Aren't Allowed To Work On My Account Due To Low Volume
Feb 08, 2013

Once again, we aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume.  This is about the fifth time in the past week.  I've only been with Landmark for 6 or 7 months and I'm really starting to regret taking a position there.  It was great for the first few months, but then the work started disappearing.  Lucikly, I have a second interview next week with another company.  If I get hired, I'll probably just keep Landmark as a side job, because that's really all it� ...

Abbreviations In INDICATIONS SECTION
Nov 16, 2009

Hello.  I was just wondering, are abbreviations allowed in the INDICATIONS section of a surgical report?  Thank you!   ...

Physical Exam Section
Feb 10, 2010

S/l he is saying "scariotristic???? changes of the skin" ...

S/l P3 Rhom - Preg Pt To Have C-section
Dec 22, 2010

nm ...