A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did you see the posts below?? That is it! You - all need to just stop working

Posted: Jan 06, 2013

for about 2-3 days.  You all need to seriously call in sick for 2-3 days.  I have emails to about 1,000 MTs.  When and IF we get more work coming in, we need to seriously take off by stating we are sick and cannot work. 

Something has to be done and this is the only thing I can think of that might trigger something for the higherups to get a CLUE that we are human beings. 

I have stopped working, for 3 weeks - not by choice

[ In Reply To ..]
and now I have no food in my home. Do you know how it feels eating Ramen soup for 3 meals a day? Every other day I add a hard boiled egg to the mix. Woo Hoo.

Now you want me to take more days without pay? This is the most insane idea I have ever heard of.

stopped working - cat

[ In Reply To ..]
I saw your post and have been in the same situation. Have you tried any of the local churches around you? They have food banks or pantries and and if you go, they may have some food for you. More than what you got. I know it's charity but when you're hungry what the hay!

If you lived near me, I would take you in. - Company wants to treat us this way.

[ In Reply To ..]
What is insane is letting this company get away with it by treating you this way with no food. You have to get to the root of the problem. This is how this company WANTS to treat you.

Root of problem--crappy pay for crappy SR - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Try peanut butter and toast. There is more protein - and less salt

[ In Reply To ..]
than Ramen. Since I am now making minimum wage at MModal, living hand-to-mouth, these two have become my main staples.

Try applying for food stamps from your state - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, I have gotten temporary assistance from the state with food stamps. I didn't get much, but every little bit helps. Granted it's much easier if you have children, but it can be done. They like to see you are at least making an effort to work. I didn't feel the least bit guilty applying. I have been working full-time since I was 17 years old and am now 61 and have been paying into the system all of those years, so if I need help I feel I deserve it after supporting others for so long.

Did you see - MMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe the "higherups" will ever get a clue! I like the idea of calling in sick however, maybe I will be by the time there is really any work.

Why it won't work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There are thousands of MTs who work at home in isolation. Most of them have never heard of MTStars, and without some kind of majority, a sick-out (or whatever) would be a waste of time.

Here - we

[ In Reply To ..]
go again. There are a lot of people who see MTStars. Even if the ones that do come here, which some have friends and acquaintances they can let know, did it, it would work. You have to wait until work picks up after the holidays.
Im seriously thinking - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Anon is a plant of some sort..Every idea anyone comes up with she has a reason why it wont work.. If you dont like the idea, then dont participate and dont keep downing it. Let the people do what they want...

Get your hopes up! It would work and you know it. - Cost company money without TAT.

[ In Reply To ..]
It costs the company money when work is out of TAT because then the JCAHO gets involved and places fines to the hospitals.

Every company must know if you treat your bottom of the ladder employes like crap, MTs have power to do something. Because if it was not for MTs, this company would not exist. MTs just have been putting up with the crap for toooooo long. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

completely agree - swomie
[ In Reply To ..]
The problem is that MTs have been putting up with this, buying the company line that 7 or 8 cpl is the standard and that sometimes work is low....I had a job as an MT for 13 years with the same company and 5 years ago I was making 11 cpl! Unfortunately, they finally realized they could sell out to another company and pay more than 1/3 less!

A (semi)worldwide strike is the only way to cure this situation and have them pay us more. Of course, then they would probably go oversees.

I have no answer, but I do know that what we do matters significantly and even at 11 cpl, sometimes I wondered if it was worth it....Now I realize how spoiled I was!

2 or 3 days will only hurt the MTs... - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're suggesting a strike, it has to be a long-term walk-off, like weeks, and it has to be at least 90% of the MTs participating. THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. MTs cannot afford to go days w/o pay, let alone weeks. And if there's actually work for those 2 to 3 days, then there's no way MTs who've already suffered hours and possibly days with NJA are going to turn away from actual paying work, no matter how low the pay or how bad the work.

We cannot afford to fight them. No one is in our corner. No one is going to help us when the bank is repossessing our homes, cars, turning off our electricity, water, gas, and, of course, internet, let alone help us with the luxury of putting food on the table.

IT'S AHDI WHO NEEDS TO GET OFF ITS COLLECTIVE A***S AND SUPPORT ITS MTS.

You - are

[ In Reply To ..]
right in the fact that there is nobody to help us, that's why we need to help ourselves. I see people losing everything while working, so what's the difference? Face it, nobody with big money is going to help, so we have to do it ourselves. Wait a little bit until things pick up after the holidays and then do a walkout. What would be the difference between now and then.. You would have work temporarily until they send more to India and cut your wages even more. Since they want to have 75% of the work in India, why aren't they doing it now and why aren't they going for 100%? Because they need us, that's why. If we don't show up for work, it will hurt them. In the meantime, we need to get through to other MTs that a walkout is coming and make it when it will hurt them most, when it is busy. It won't make your life any worse by joining in, it's already bad enough. The ones who are doing well right now better think about it also because I had it good here too at one time, and so did most of the others, then it hits you out of the blue, whether you think so or not. The next time they get geared up to send more work over there, it may be you on here talking about how bad it is, so don't think just because you are doing good now, it will last, because it won't until we put a stop to it.

You're seriously going to use 1000 addies you got off a work-based e-mail? - Sounds like legal trouble to me.

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck. You're going to need it.

The real problem, is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that it is very hard to organize anything on a public forum, because the suits watch this place and then are prepared. Not sure how to accomplish it, but if anyone has a lawyer friend or hubby, I think that would be a more effective route..Also, need to find out the Indian holidays, cause I am sure they dont work like we do then

The thing we have in our favor is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a lot of AMERICAN transcription companies that will not send the work overseas, they have their own programs and they are good..Keystrokes is just one of them,,

No problem. I know exactly what to do. - and it is not illegal. No message below

[ In Reply To ..]
;-)

Well, hopefully you're familiar with anonymizers/proxies. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Years ago, Medquist had system failure. - Shut down for 2 days.

[ In Reply To ..]
Freaked them out. This news was posted in the newspapers. MTs had no work for 2-3 days because of system failure. Then when it was brought back up, company gave out major incentives to try and get the work back up to TAT. It costs the company money with out of turn around time and something to do with JCAHO.

Yes but they still shorted the MT on downtime pay - Been there done that

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember the shut down. They were supposed to pay us technical downtime for each day we were down which for me was 24 hours, 8 hours for 3 days. All I got was 8 hours because they CHANGED their policy to read maximum of 8 hours per episode. I was short 16 hours and then they had the audacity to authorize OT. If I was 16 hours short did they really think I would make up the 16 and then work OT? I ended up having to use PTO to cover that week.

Yes they freaked out but they still managed to short their employees at the same time. Don't think it won't happen again.

Yep, remember that well - My CCM

[ In Reply To ..]
at the time told me I should be grateful they paid any downtime at all for that incident?!?

So what if you did not get paid a total 8 hours. - That was for 2 days, this is for

[ In Reply To ..]
LIFE! We need to do something that will help us for life, the long run. Not for just a couple of silly days. We need to take a stand. Enough is enough. You will make more money in the long run.
you missed the point completely - company always wins
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually I didn't get paid for 16 hours but my point was that the company changed the policy to avoid paying out more than they had to. Taking a stand is fine, but be prepared to get kicked out on your behind and the door slammed behind you. The company always wins. Always.

This is what Company thinks if work not getting done. - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]

Failure of public power and backup generators, impairment of telecommunications lines, a “concerted denial of service cyber attack,” damage (environmental, accidental, intentional or pandemic) to the buildings, the equipment inside the buildings housing our data centers, the customer data contained therein and/or the personnel trained to operate such facilities could cause a disruption in operations and negatively impact customers who depend on us for data center and system support services.  Any interruption in operations at our data centers and/or customer support facilities could damage our reputation, cause us to lose existing clients, hurt our ability to obtain new customers, result in revenue loss, create potential liabilities for our customers and us and increase insurance and other operating costs.

but I don't care - get it?

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just a job, a stupid boring job. You all act like it's of such monumental importance that it must be saved. IT'S NOT. I've been doing this for 30 years so I know exactly what an insignificant little job this is. I've given up hope on ever getting out of it and now only hope to make it to retirement and kiss it goodbye.

To not care is selfish - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I too am close to retirement age, so it doesn't matter much for me either. But it's not just MT jobs going down the tubes, it's everyone's. I have a daughter who just graduated from college who cannot get a job. I have grandchildren who one day are going to need jobs. And where are all the jobs in the US? Overseas!! If everyone had your "I don't care" attitude, then this country is doomed.

I care about a lot of things - but not MT nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I'm with you, our caring is irrelevant. It won't change a thing. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
It would change things. - Company would freak.
[ In Reply To ..]
Because it would work. It would hit their deep pockets. They even stated it would hurt the company in their SEC.
we - know
[ In Reply To ..]
you don't care.

It - used

[ In Reply To ..]
to pay my bills. I guess all the manufacturing jobs in this country were stupid and boring cause they're gone too. Good for you and your retirement, but others in this country have to work and when all the stupid and boring jobs are gone, what do we do? We can't all afford to go to college and be doctors or lawyers and we can't all retire. What a lousy mindset you have.

Similar Messages:

Job Posts
Dec 30, 2009

Why is it, that when you apply for a job, the company doesn't have the decency to contact you back, after jumping through hoops to complete their testing? ...

Help Please, A Few Posts Down . . .
Apr 08, 2010

someone had the instructions for finding out about the STATUS on DocQManage.  I do not have the status.  Could someone walk me through this to see how to find out about the people working on my account?  Any help would be appreciated!!! ...

Where Did All The Posts
Jul 10, 2010

. ...

Wish We Could See All Posts In The
Jul 20, 2010

It would be nice if we could read all the posts in the current month.  Sometimes I want to follow a particular thread, but it falls off the bottom of the page and cannot be seen. Can this capability be enabled?   ...

Where Are All The Posts Between 8/1 And 8/8?
Aug 16, 2010

Posts missing for the week of 8/1 to 8/7 or 8/8.  hmmm.  Just wondering is all. ...

This Is What The Job Posts Lately Seem Like
Jan 19, 2011

Every time I look to see what's out there, as far as job requirements it seems to get worse and worse.  I just wanted to put something up here which is what this all reminds me of... thank you for putting up with my sick humor...  Here's what I think when I read jost postings: WANTED:  MT!!!!  This job is For YOU!  Why wait in the cold outside, freezing in your home which is a box under the highway when you can bask in the warmth of our SWEAT SHOP!!! Yes! We ...

The Posts About W2s. Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I am amazed at how many people ask the same question year after year about company after company.  Companies have until 1/31 to mail W2s.  The bigger the company, the longer it takes to finish up the previous year's books and have W2s ready to print.  It takes a lot of time to print, assemble, stuff, seal, stamp and mail an entire company's worth of W2s.  Smaller companies often take just as long because they don't have a large accounting department or the manp ...

Regarding All The Posts Below About Being On 100% QA----
Mar 21, 2012

First of all, it sickens me and I can't use the language I want to use about this or I'll get banned. A few weeks ago I failed an audit just under the 99%.  I started getting worried, and I confided in my CCM - told her I was worried about my pay being docked if I ended up on 100% QA.  I also told her why all of a sudden are they unhappy with my work when I have been here over 10 years and have always passed my audits.  The reasons for failing were ridiculous, and I tol ...

There have been a few times since I left MModal when I've wondered whether I did the right thing by leaving. I still come here to see what's going on, and seeing all the posts makes me know I did the right thing by leaving. Nothing seems to have changed for the good, and I doubt they ever will. God bless you each and every day for putting up with this company's mess and disrespect. ...

Why Can't I See Any Posts, Only Ads?
Aug 26, 2013

Every time I click on MModal, a blank page comes up and it only goes as far as the advertisement. ...

With All These Posts About Getting Out Of MT,
Sep 19, 2013

It seems like when someone comes on here to say that they are getting out of MT and studying coding or nursing or something, someone always has something negative to say about what they are pursuing.  Well, what jobs are "safe" or good career opportunities.  There has to be SOMETHING that can't be sent overseas or hires someone without experience, etc. Right?! ...

FN Posts Yet Another Ad
Apr 21, 2014

Yes, they do need help.  The work has gone from NJA to multiple notices of needing help on specific accounts. However, they are hiring for people to do speech recognition work on the M-Modal platform - their version of this platform.  See discussions below.  This platform is nonproductive and cumbersome.  If someone from this company can make as much money per hour on this M-Modal platform as they were on the previous speech recognition platform, please, by all means, step up ...

May's Posts
Jun 06, 2015

Hi.  Just wondering if there is a way to view all posts from May, or can you only do a subject search?  At the bottom it shows June, July, Aug but not the prior month of May, etc.  Thanks in advance. ...

How Do See Posts And Archives
Oct 18, 2009

Would appreciate any info on how to see messages on boards and in archives.  When I click on the Navigation menu at the left all I get are blank screens.  Thanks. ...

I Have Been Reading The Posts Below And Would Like To Say...
Nov 04, 2009

There are MT DIVAS and QA DIVAS... why couldn't the Lord have given me a voice like Whitney or Aretha, then I could have been a real DIVA and not worrying about making 7 cpl and paying house and car payments.  To be Mariah Carey wouldn't be bad either.  Which DIVA would you choose to be if you have the choice?  George Michael, Donna Summer?  I mean REAL DIVAS! ...

I Wonder Why, If All Of The Posts Below Are True,
Nov 14, 2009

that MQ sent out that stupid letter stating not to worry, we will still need MTs, and that off-shoring will remain one of many solutions (including VR).  I really have no idea whether we will still be here after the first of the year or not (although that's what a lot of people on this board thought LAST year and it didn't happen....but WHY would they waste their precious money sending that letter to everyone if they planned on nixing us all soon?  Doesn't make sense.&nb ...

Negative Posts
Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your ...

DISAPPEARING POSTS
Jun 17, 2010

Does anyone know why posts just disappear?  Posted something around midnight, and get up this morning and it's gone.  I was asking about relationship between *******, if any, who owns them.  Does this moderator get paid? Other posts about discrepency between pay of MTs and pay of management who have never transcribed have disappeared, top heavy company comments disappeared... What's up?   ...

Just Read Posts! So Sorry For MTs Let Go.
Sep 02, 2010

How do you think the head person of WEB started out?  I believe it was from learning the business from MQ.  Before WEB, it was Spheris.  Before Spheris, it was MQ who was previously known as MRC Group and Transcription Limited who joined and became MQ.  Previous to MRC Group, it was Secrephone/Medifax where some of the managers started out and became CEO/COO/board of directors.  All these CEO, COO, financial officers, board of members all know each other and used to wor ...

The Q Posts 34% Profit....
Nov 12, 2010

MedQuist sees 34% increase in Q3 revenue Published 12 November 2010 MedQuist has posted a net income of $8.97m in the third quarter 2010, or $0.24 per diluted share, compared to net income of $9.7m, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the comparable period in 2009. MedQuist is a provider of integrated clinical documentation solutions for the US healthcare industry. MedQuist's operating income was $13.29m, compared to $8.12m for the comparable period in 2009. The company has posted a ...

Posts Deleted.
Jan 19, 2011

I do not post that often; but lately I have noticed that anything I post disappears. What is happening. Could I be banned? ...

IC- 1099 Posts
Jan 28, 2011

I'm curious about all the posts regarding getting your 1099 if you're an IC. As an IC, a business person, you should already know what you've billed to clients (services).  You don't need to wait for a 1099 to file your income taxes if you've kept good records and already know what you billed out and what you received. I'm flabbergasted at how many of you are so clueless with how to BE an IC. ...

Saved By All These Posts
Mar 27, 2012

After reading all this, no thanks. I'm glad I don't work there. ...

Two Posts Now Deleted
May 24, 2012

Whatever company you work for, aside from this board, you need to let everyone know what is going on in this industry.  However you do that, write, phone calls, email, lawsuits, twitter, facebook.   Get the word out about what goes on at your company, in this industry, and how it has affected you.  ...

All Those Posts Who Are So HAPPY With This
Nov 05, 2012

Are you still happy when you have NO JOBS??? ...

Reading Through Posts And Would Like To Know Why
Nov 08, 2012

Why do people keep posting about being fired? I have read posts about some getting fired, but seems like a few of them were months ago, a year ago etc. Only a couple I have noticed were let go recently and they all said it was due to either not making minimum wage or not meeting line counts. Am I missing something here? Why does everyone seem to think we are all going to be fired? ...

No Posts In 2 Days?
Feb 06, 2013

What does it mean when your company "rolls over some of their clinic work to EMR?"   ...

Love The Posts!
May 14, 2013

I absolutely love seeing the posts of all the MTs obtaining their own clients!!! Please do not sell yourself short in pricing. It sells all of us short. It is very expensive to obtain and keep these, so do your homework and please do not accept work less than 11-12 cpls 60 cpl. If you will need to hire MTsto help you, you will need to charge more to pay for their salaries and QA'ing their work not to mention paying for dictatation system costs. You will also have to pay for any help out of ...

After Reading Through The Posts Here...
May 29, 2013

"If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude."-Maya AngelouJust wanted to share... ...

How Many Followers Do Your Posts Have?
Jul 01, 2013

The second I hit the post message button, boom 3 views!  How did I ever get so lucky?    ...