A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I must say I am very glad to the poster who agreed with me - sm

Posted: May 09, 2012

There are nothing but a bunch of highly hateful and bitter MTs on here.  Wow!!  I think you all need therapy!

bully - maybe its you who is hateful

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless we agree, we are hateful and bitter? Controlling much?

sm, you have got serious problems - try to help yourself

[ In Reply To ..]
So you are saying everyone who posted needs therapy except you and a poster who agreed with you? Do you see something wrong with this picture?

I do not see where anyone was hateful or bitter really, they just did not totally agree with you, and YOU really have a big problem with that, as well as having QA come down on you for a major mistake that was dangerous to patient care, calling it "absolutely ridiculous." That was not nit-picking my dear. And all the while, stating you want respect and more money!!

Perhaps you should reconsider just who needs that therapy prescription.

I have no idea what you are talking about - dontbehatin

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm neither bitter nor hateful. Momma always said, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

You're very welcome and you're right again... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of negative nellies who need to take a course on social interaction and how to express one's self with tact and class. I've said it before - if this wasn't an anonymous board, these people would approach commenting on posts with a lot more emphasis on being tactful instead of being condescending and holier-than-thou. Of course we can all agree to disagree - it's how you present yourself when you do it that makes a difference. What I post is what I would say to your face, the exact way I wrote. A lot of folks on here wouldn't. That's on them, not us :)

Cheers!

I agree, lots of unhappy people on here that want to just be mean. - kk

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

This is the last place to come for support, - IMHO. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

as a therapist - i would say

[ In Reply To ..]
you might want to work on the home front first, then undertake treatment of others.

I've been coming here a while, while there may be some, not - the majority IMHO

[ In Reply To ..]

You can't expect support on MTStars, unfortunately - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been reading MT Stars since early 2007 and it's always been bad, but slowly getting worse. My theory is that the negative people stayed while the rest moved on, because no discussion could ever really get going because of accusations and threats.

Also, not too long ago there was a thread here that was specifically about plotting to tell new MTs to quit so there would be more jobs for older MTs. Lots of people agreed. So that tells you where the mentality is right now.

Similar Messages:

NEWS!! An Attorney Has Agreed To Take This Case!
Mar 04, 2010

I wrote in to ask for help from a major radio broadcaster who is a lawer, ***** (not allowed to advertise other websites here).  I briefly and objectively explained our quandary.  A lawyer said Mr. H_____ asked him to "briefly respond to your case" and is stepping up to the bat.  He said he believes we could have a case by "wrongful termination by constructive discharge."    His name is *****.  I'll be calling him on my lunch break and getting back to yo ...

Agreed To Take A Position With Opti-Script
Jul 30, 2010

I have agreed to take a position with Opti-Script.  Can anyone provide any recent information about this company good or bad on what to expect with the Dictaphone Ex-Text platform?   Thanks. ...

To EHR Poster Below
Feb 24, 2012

I read the link.  The electronic medical record STILL is not the problem (my account with Q right now has EHR and I TRANSCRIBE the reports).  The problem according to the article is that the Clinicians are inputting the data -- be it typing it in or point and click or speech rec --- but that information STILL has to be put into that record somehow.  They are choosing to do it themselves and not pay transcriptionists, but the Electronic Medical Record only means that it is totally ...

To Poster Below About Amy, Sm
Mar 02, 2013

She just contacted my sister-in-law 2 days ago about a problem my sister-in-law complained about.  I left there in May but she (my sister-in-law) still works there unfortunately!  But Amy is definitely not gone. ...

Agree With Poster Below That With All The New And
Dec 20, 2011

technology poor sound quality of dictation should be a thing of the past; however, that is now my #1 problem.  I have put a notation in the QA notes several times lately of the poor audio quality.  I think dictating on a speaker phone or cell phone (I don't care where --- office, home, bathroom, ballgames, convertibles, motorcycles, airplanes, or outer space) should be MT-outlawed and if a dictator does it, the report should be trashed and he should have to dictate it over (y ...

To The Poster Below Regarding Audits
Jan 09, 2012

I am NOT going to read all those posts, but I just wanted to let you know that you are lucky you only get audited once a month.  I get audited DAILY, at least once a day.  Today I got audited twice, one 100% the other 99.75%.  If I can remember correctly, I got dinged for typing something like "Aorta was tortuous" instead of "The aorta was tortuous".  It was for an account that has a multitude of dictators - I swear there is a new one every day and no two on a consistent basi ...

Disagree With Poster Below
Dec 02, 2013

who said it makes no difference to MM's bottom line if they put us on 100% QA because it usually is not permanent.  Even if it is just for a month or two and they are lowering our salaries by half or more, multiply that by the number of hours worked and by the number of MTs on 100% QA.  They can lower their costs by many thousands per month - at least enough to throw themselves a huge party. ...

About Call Graph For The Poster Below
Nov 22, 2009

With the name of Rajiv Poddar would you think it was a USA company?  Just seeing that name in your post made me not want to read any further.  That should have been a clue that it was from India and nothing else made sense about the wages either.  ...

In Response To The 12% Pay Cut Poster Below, I Work For The Same
Aug 15, 2010

company and my pay was cut 23% at one time. You say good management-this company has a rep for this kind of stuff.  Do you think it is good management when accounts run out of work daily because they are only overflow (almost all accounts with this company are overflow) and are overstaffed to stay in TAT-I had 5 accounts and still didn't have enough work?  Do you like pulling teeth to get work and/or answers because there is only 1 (ONE) person dishing out work who has the persona ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

Looking For Poster Named FINGERS (sm)
Dec 17, 2010

I would like to contact you by email please.  ...

To Poster Promoting Instant TAT.
Jan 25, 2011

I was just reading an article on 98,000 annual deaths, and those were due to medical harm, like hospital-acquired infections, careless surgeries, and incorrect medication orders.  In that article there is only one mention that has to do with healthcare information technology, and it wasn't MT or VR.  It was about electronic prescription orders to prevent medication errors due to sloppy handwriting and harmful drug interactions.  Not once is it mentioned about deliquent charti ...

To The Poster Who Suggested Whole Foods
Nov 29, 2012

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I have had enough of the lack of work ethic in the transcription industry from the doctors and their myriad ways of making our life miserable and unprofitable. I will be moving to an area that has a Whole Foods, and even though they are outrageously priced, I believe in their mission statement more than the joke this industry has turned into. I can't wait to hang up my earphones. I appreciate your suggestion, and I am heeding it. ...

What Happened To Poster Busy MT'ing?
Jan 09, 2013

I remember she worked at Medquist and was on here a lot offering advice through all the changes. She shared how she worked through the first pay cuts in 2005 or around that time by working just three and a half days a week (lots of hours) and earning the highest production bonus possible. I believe she was also in school getting her MD? She was very informative, and wondered if anyone has heard from her, if she's here, still working at M-Modal or if she got her degree? ...

All Say Just Be Glad You Have A Job. Do Ya Think That Is What
Mar 04, 2011

rt ...

Glad To Be Gone....
Jun 20, 2012

I did my last ASR for MModal last Friday and started my new job today. My heart goes out to all of you trying to keep your heads above water with Mmodal. I've never seen such a mess of a company as this one is and from the posts on here, it just keeps getting worse. With the weight of ASR, crappy pay scale, NJA, dozen of accounts, working holidays and weekends off my shoulders, my stress level is almost nil. I cleared out my work station and had enough paperwork to throw away to b ...

So Glad I'm Gone
Jan 22, 2015

So I finally get my check.  I say finally because after many emails they admitted this week they held my training pay a payperiod.    So this check should've had my training pay, a full week and another half week's worth of work. Nope!  Came in waaaaaaaaaaaay under what it was supposed to be, and of course, I can't access the time card anymore.    So glad I left that dishonest company! ...

The Poster Below Stated Princess Meeting.
Jun 03, 2013

ALL-HANDS MEETING STATED:  Performance management will be done for greatness of work to raise the bar on every MT/ME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  This morning's email of trying to get us to be near 100% is bullcrap!  MM won.  I just hope and pray by moving this bar up that the company will fall.  After giving this company more than 2 decades of my service, I HOPE TO QUIT!  I am pulling money out of the 401K and finishing my schooling.  This company is great ...

Who Has Come Back To MQ And Glad They Did.
Oct 11, 2009

I am getting my foot back in the water on a PT basis.  Have tried about 4 other companies out there and didn't find a better fit yet. I know all companies have good and bad, but all the changes MQ made that enticed me to leave are now being instituted by other companies too.  It is like MQ was the leader of the pack and they all thought --- Hummm, if they can, so can we. ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...

Boy Am I Glad I Quit
Aug 19, 2010

Today is my last day with MQ (formerly Spheris) and I quit just in time.  I got the new MT Rewards Plan document and I don't know if everyone is affected the same but it would mean my pay would go down another 10%.  Are these folks just plain crazy or what? Good riddance to this whole company. ...

I Left WMX, And I'm Glad...
Sep 25, 2010

So... I worked for WMX for 3 years (after MQ for 7), then I left to work for the local school system for a year and a half. I got laid off due to state budget cuts. My former manager from WMX took me back but said I had to work third shift -- maybe not permanently -- no promises. I worked my *#% off for 6 months, almost to the day. It wrecked my sleep patterns, my personal life, everything... but I needed the money and benefits, so I did it. Finally, my account went through the ISR conversi ...

Glad I'm Not A Coder
Sep 12, 2011

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904103404576560742746021106.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Really Am Glad I Didn't
Jan 19, 2013

back in the day, I took the course at the junior college.  The cost was negligible.  I'd be really upset if I spent what these schools charge, only to get a job that pays minimum wage. ...

So Glad I Left
Dec 05, 2014

Can I confess to a guilty pleasure?  I left Nuance back in July and I confess that at the end of the day I love coming on this site and feeling like my decision to leave gets validated every time I do.  Honestly, it feels better than chocolate, and less calories.  I left with an "Anything would be better than this mentality," and actually it's been true.  I started working at a large DIY store, made way more money, but admittedly did find it pretty boring (I think becaus ...

I'm Glad I Found This Board
Mar 12, 2010

I am really glad I found this board.  I felt really alone.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks MQ is making a profit off of the MTs.  Being cut in pay for ASR was bad enough, but this first time right stuff is too much. I am going back to school and I'm getting out of the MT business.   ...

So Glad I Don't Work For MQ Anymore
Mar 20, 2010

I've been sitting here reading all the garbage about MQ and their "yET ONE MORE" great idea  HA.  I can't believe it....well, yes, I can.  They have come up with yet one more terrible idea (that won't last) and a way to "cheat" the transcriptionist/editor out of more money!!!!!!  "Right the first time" and docking 3 cpl if you send too many reports to QA....GOOD GRIEF!  I feel another class action suit about to be filed.  LOL LOL  Anyway, I ...

Wow, Glad I Proofed And Caught That One,
Mar 31, 2010

I had put that the patient had "intimate slurred speech" -- (that's what my ears heard!) -- but dictator had said "intermittent slurred speech".  SHEW!  Brain and ears must work together, always!! ...

So Glad To Escape MQ And The Industry!!!
Jul 31, 2010

After nearly 20 years in this industry, I am happy to say that I am free now!  Praise God! ...