A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In response to the 12% pay cut poster below, I work for the same - Sickandtired

Posted: Aug 15, 2010

company and my pay was cut 23% at one time. You say good management-this company has a rep for this kind of stuff.  Do you think it is good management when accounts run out of work daily because they are only overflow (almost all accounts with this company are overflow) and are overstaffed to stay in TAT-I had 5 accounts and still didn't have enough work?  Do you like pulling teeth to get work and/or answers because there is only 1 (ONE) person dishing out work who has the personality of a dish towel. Do you like scrambling for work every day on a first come-first serve basis? Or, how about doing 6 hours worth of work in 12 hours because you had to wait around for it. I work for the same company and lost 23% of my pay this week via email, and that is no JOKE!  No phone call, just starting next payperiod so sorry.

In my opinion if a company has to lower everyone's pay this drastically VIA EMAIL, only has overflow work and runs out daily on almost all accounts, they are in trouble and it's time to look for another job, which I did immediately and have 2 new jobs starting next week-I am so out of there! If you want the name of the company, email me because you better run in the other direction fast-NICE DOESN'T PAY MY BILLS.

sickandtired - momx3

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently job-hunting. Would you be willing to share the name of this company or at least its initial? Lots of us are job-hunting and we need to know what's up with companies. Thank you.

The company initials are LM! - sickandtired

[ In Reply To ..]
Email me privately if you want-they do advertise on here and they have no work, just overflow and overstaffing.

sickandtired - momof3

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. That tells me all I need to go. I will apply at other companies.

Landmark? - ExLMer

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it Landmark cutting pay?

Yes-it is Landmark! I am not going to debate on this board, it is what it is, some - sickandtired

[ In Reply To ..]
had their pay cut for who knows what reason and I don't care-I left because no work anyway. I guess if you are friends with the disher you get work-whatever!

Really? - mtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
How can they lower your rate? As an IC, don't you have a contract? Is your work not up to par? Did they put you on VR? I don't get it. My guess is they probably want rid of you for some reason or another.

As usual, negative nancy-I am an at will employee, - sickandtired

[ In Reply To ..]
if you know what that means-they can do whatever they want basically, including change your pay and/or let you go without notice. You can't hide behind IC either, in fact, I think that is worse as far as rights go, but not sure. I am an excellent MT, always working when supposed to, do both VR and text, over 30 years exp. and they were NOT happy when I left. How do companies like MQ and KS cut our pay or just change our pay scales however they want to-easy, they just do it. My sentiments exactly "How can you cut my pay when I was hired for xxxx". Oops, breach of contract, oh yea, what's that in this business. The MTSOs think they can do whatever they want. Believe me, they can and did. By the way, there were several who had their pay cut, not just me, in their words "The high end MTs"-same story as MQ. Get rid of the experienced MTs that are costing money and hire in newbies cheap-to heck with quality. Do you not read the threads and see that this happens all the time.

Maybe that was the only way they could keep that account - Landmarker

[ In Reply To ..]
If it is indeed Landmark that she is talking about, then it's just that account that was affected. I work for them as an IC and have not had a pay cut. It's very possible that that particular account was up for renewal and the only way to keep the business was to lower the line rate because of a competing bid. I'm just speculating, as I don't know anything about it and the OP hasn't even confirmed that it was indeed Landmark.

you're calling me negative Nancy? - mtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just asking questions. No one else posted about getting their pay cut, so I was just asking if it could have been just you. Haven't worked at Q in years so don't keep up with that. Sorry if I offended you.
No problem-it is just emotional right now... - sickandtired
[ In Reply To ..]
there is a lot going on as people are losing their jobs or getting they pay cut drastically without notice, and the majority of us are good and loyal workers for LM, so we are a little touchy about suggestions that it might be our fault this is happening. Perhaps, we are just paying the price for THEIR problems. Just another example of an insensitive MTSO doing whatever they want to do. I apologize if my answer was flippant to you.
LM questions - Yellow66
[ In Reply To ..]
How many LM workers has this happened to? It does not seem to be too many.

Similar Messages:

To EHR Poster Below
Feb 24, 2012

I read the link.  The electronic medical record STILL is not the problem (my account with Q right now has EHR and I TRANSCRIBE the reports).  The problem according to the article is that the Clinicians are inputting the data -- be it typing it in or point and click or speech rec --- but that information STILL has to be put into that record somehow.  They are choosing to do it themselves and not pay transcriptionists, but the Electronic Medical Record only means that it is totally ...

To Poster Below About Amy, Sm
Mar 02, 2013

She just contacted my sister-in-law 2 days ago about a problem my sister-in-law complained about.  I left there in May but she (my sister-in-law) still works there unfortunately!  But Amy is definitely not gone. ...

Agree With Poster Below That With All The New And
Dec 20, 2011

technology poor sound quality of dictation should be a thing of the past; however, that is now my #1 problem.  I have put a notation in the QA notes several times lately of the poor audio quality.  I think dictating on a speaker phone or cell phone (I don't care where --- office, home, bathroom, ballgames, convertibles, motorcycles, airplanes, or outer space) should be MT-outlawed and if a dictator does it, the report should be trashed and he should have to dictate it over (y ...

To The Poster Below Regarding Audits
Jan 09, 2012

I am NOT going to read all those posts, but I just wanted to let you know that you are lucky you only get audited once a month.  I get audited DAILY, at least once a day.  Today I got audited twice, one 100% the other 99.75%.  If I can remember correctly, I got dinged for typing something like "Aorta was tortuous" instead of "The aorta was tortuous".  It was for an account that has a multitude of dictators - I swear there is a new one every day and no two on a consistent basi ...

Disagree With Poster Below
Dec 02, 2013

who said it makes no difference to MM's bottom line if they put us on 100% QA because it usually is not permanent.  Even if it is just for a month or two and they are lowering our salaries by half or more, multiply that by the number of hours worked and by the number of MTs on 100% QA.  They can lower their costs by many thousands per month - at least enough to throw themselves a huge party. ...

About Call Graph For The Poster Below
Nov 22, 2009

With the name of Rajiv Poddar would you think it was a USA company?  Just seeing that name in your post made me not want to read any further.  That should have been a clue that it was from India and nothing else made sense about the wages either.  ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

Looking For Poster Named FINGERS (sm)
Dec 17, 2010

I would like to contact you by email please.  ...

To Poster Promoting Instant TAT.
Jan 25, 2011

I was just reading an article on 98,000 annual deaths, and those were due to medical harm, like hospital-acquired infections, careless surgeries, and incorrect medication orders.  In that article there is only one mention that has to do with healthcare information technology, and it wasn't MT or VR.  It was about electronic prescription orders to prevent medication errors due to sloppy handwriting and harmful drug interactions.  Not once is it mentioned about deliquent charti ...

I Must Say I Am Very Glad To The Poster Who Agreed With Me
May 09, 2012

There are nothing but a bunch of highly hateful and bitter MTs on here.  Wow!!  I think you all need therapy! ...

To The Poster Who Suggested Whole Foods
Nov 29, 2012

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I have had enough of the lack of work ethic in the transcription industry from the doctors and their myriad ways of making our life miserable and unprofitable. I will be moving to an area that has a Whole Foods, and even though they are outrageously priced, I believe in their mission statement more than the joke this industry has turned into. I can't wait to hang up my earphones. I appreciate your suggestion, and I am heeding it. ...

What Happened To Poster Busy MT'ing?
Jan 09, 2013

I remember she worked at Medquist and was on here a lot offering advice through all the changes. She shared how she worked through the first pay cuts in 2005 or around that time by working just three and a half days a week (lots of hours) and earning the highest production bonus possible. I believe she was also in school getting her MD? She was very informative, and wondered if anyone has heard from her, if she's here, still working at M-Modal or if she got her degree? ...

The Poster Below Stated Princess Meeting.
Jun 03, 2013

ALL-HANDS MEETING STATED:  Performance management will be done for greatness of work to raise the bar on every MT/ME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  This morning's email of trying to get us to be near 100% is bullcrap!  MM won.  I just hope and pray by moving this bar up that the company will fall.  After giving this company more than 2 decades of my service, I HOPE TO QUIT!  I am pulling money out of the 401K and finishing my schooling.  This company is great ...

Can't Seem To Get A Response
Apr 01, 2010

I'm just curious if others are in the same boat as I am.  I have almost 10 years experience as an MT, both acute care and clinic, and I have been sending my resume to many of the job postings on this board.  I think I have received two replies out of probably 20 resumes sent.  Is this pretty much the way it is for others, or do I need to tweak my resume?  Thanks! ...

This Is A Response I Sent To An For A RAD IC
May 18, 2010

"You might want to consider re-wording your job posting and re-think your position as you can find yourself in serious trouble with the IRS regarding requiring an independent contractor to work a set schedule.  You are wanting an employee, not an independent contractor, if that contractor has to work a set schedule and 'has to work over.'  The IRS will come down pretty hard on you...especially if someone sends them a copy of your job posting.  So you understand ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get A Response From DIT?
Nov 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to get a response from DIT?  Please let me know because I certainly have not.  This place is the worst.  What is really terrible is that continue to keep hiring new MTs and promise them that everything is now okay.  They are just a bunch of people not telling the truth. ...

Response To Ads
Sep 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if they ever get a response when applying for positions?  I never seem to hear back from any of them.   ...

Response To
Mar 19, 2015

Just thought you all would like to read this response to a resume I recently sent out.... and what would your feelings be concerning what you read? Hello, Thank you for your interest in providing Transcription services for our company. I have received your resume. I have put some information in the body of the email as well as attached our templates and sample reports so you can see what the reports look like. I would like to mention to you a few things so you can make an info ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Getting A Response
Feb 05, 2010

I sent to emails and two voice mails, one marked urgent-no response.  Anyone have this issue? ...

Prompt Response
Jun 27, 2010

Does anyone out there have a suggestion as to what a "prompt" response should be for a resume that was sent out? I do not like waiting weeks or months to get a response. ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response From Oracle??
Oct 06, 2010

They have a job posting that I applied for.  Haven't heard anything back from them.  Has anyone else?  ...

Autotrophic Response?
Jan 06, 2011

"An exercise stress test was performed and she was able to exercise for approximately 8 minutes, utilizing a brief protocol, to a maximum heart rate of 156 per minute.  It was an appropriate (s/l anatropic or maybe autotrophic) response."  I am unsure what word he is dictating here. ...

Response To Resumes
Feb 04, 2011

Yeah for sure.  what goes does it do to send resumes to these jobs posted here, when you get NO response...  I realize they have more resumes than they can probably go through, but when they look at the top of your resume (where it should be) and see you have had over 25 years experience - you think they'd contact you first, yeah whatever.  Not sure, but know MT jobs are scarce!! ...

Allergic Response
Apr 02, 2011

Ibuprofen gives the patient s/l tranaphylaxis. Thanks in advance. ...

How Long Does It Take For A Response From Someone Here
Nov 17, 2011

about wage disputes?  I emailed two days ago about a payment I was supposed to receive the 15th (and still have not), and have not heard about any kind of resolution or anything and of course no pay still and no check in the mail. ...

LDMTS - No Response
Oct 29, 2012

I have sent my resume to Ldmts after checking their job posting but no response. Is there anyone with similar experience? ...

Will Be Interesting To See The Response To This
Nov 02, 2012

About to send off this e-mail to my ROM or whatever she's calling herself these days....Subject:  QA questions, just to be sure I have it straight.... We really, REALLY need to get a ruling from the client on this stuff. In writing.   In the last missive I got from QA, I was told that the only symbol allowed on ***** was the percent sign; thus, if they dictated 2+, I was to type 2 plus.   Aside from the fact that I've been typing plus signs on ***** reports for 4 ye ...

Response To MT To RN Post Below
Mar 08, 2013

Sorry...you had asked me a question but I've been away for a couple days.  Yes, Home Health/Hospice is more flexible as far as scheduling.  For the most part, we set up our own schedules, call the patients ourselves with times we expect to be there, and then if by some chance we get done early we aren't required to hang around to get our 8 hours in. That being said, it's a brutal job.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have some solid acute ca ...

Got Response From ARTEC
Jul 29, 2013

Anyone hear back from Artec or Certa?  How as the test?   TIA ...

Hypermercury Response?
Aug 05, 2013

after deflating what I think is a pneumatic catheter, the patient "had a problem to *hypermercury* response". ...