A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what happened to poster Busy MT'ing? - sm

Posted: Jan 09, 2013

I remember she worked at Medquist and was on here a lot offering advice through all the changes. She shared how she worked through the first pay cuts in 2005 or around that time by working just three and a half days a week (lots of hours) and earning the highest production bonus possible. I believe she was also in school getting her MD? She was very informative, and wondered if anyone has heard from her, if she's here, still working at M-Modal or if she got her degree?

I wonder about her too, she always was so positive. nm - MT56

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Still Busy
Apr 24, 2013

The company I work for (3T) says they hired new people.  I hope so and I hope their production kicks in soon because I am hoping for the work load to lighten up a bit!  It has been very busy for a long time. ...

BUSY!
Jul 23, 2013

Has anybody noticed how ridiculously busy it's been and it almost seems like you are working alone?  I wonder how many have quit since the last quarter when i'm sure a bunch lost their bonuses?   I lost bonus, and I ALWAYS made bonus before the "realignment." Working for these thieves is making me a very, very bitter person, and I hate feeling this way.  I feel trapped.  I love the profession but I hate Nuance. What kind of greedy SOB owns this company?  They t ...

Is Everyone Busy
Apr 04, 2014

My MTSO has been very busy for a very long time and I wondered if everyone is this busy or what is the deal?   ...

Transcend, Are They Busy?
Mar 24, 2010

Periodically I see ads from Transcend on the Job Seeker's Board for full-time transcriptionists, I think they even encourage people to apply for full time as opposed to part time.  Anyway, when I read on the company board it sounds like people are always running out of work?  What percentage of work does Transcend offshore, over 50%?  Don't want to bother applying if there isn't a consistent workload and I don't have time to babysit and monitor work queues.&nbs ...

Busy Computer
Sep 15, 2010

Every evening around 10 p.m. or so my computer starts "thinking."  It sounds like its downloading information and its preventing me from trying to work fast.  Just wondering if anyone else has this problem lately.  I did the update when it was supposed to be done. TIA. ...

Server Busy??
Jul 13, 2012

Why Is It That This Board Gets Really Busy And Then Everybody Is Quiet
Feb 15, 2012

Is everyone just too busy to post? ...

No Work All Week, Now We're Busy And I'm Exhausted.
Sep 05, 2014

I'm exhausted from sitting around doing nothing just about all week. I cannot believe the mismanagement of this company from the TSMs to the COMs and those higher. Why can't someone figure this out? We MLSs know how to figure out minutes, MLS availability, etc., but we're not allowed to give any suggestions, etc., because we're just lowly MLSs. The COMs are particularly useless and a waste of corporate dollars. More money taken from MLSs to give to someone with a title that m ...

To EHR Poster Below
Feb 24, 2012

I read the link.  The electronic medical record STILL is not the problem (my account with Q right now has EHR and I TRANSCRIBE the reports).  The problem according to the article is that the Clinicians are inputting the data -- be it typing it in or point and click or speech rec --- but that information STILL has to be put into that record somehow.  They are choosing to do it themselves and not pay transcriptionists, but the Electronic Medical Record only means that it is totally ...

To Poster Below About Amy, Sm
Mar 02, 2013

She just contacted my sister-in-law 2 days ago about a problem my sister-in-law complained about.  I left there in May but she (my sister-in-law) still works there unfortunately!  But Amy is definitely not gone. ...

Agree With Poster Below That With All The New And
Dec 20, 2011

technology poor sound quality of dictation should be a thing of the past; however, that is now my #1 problem.  I have put a notation in the QA notes several times lately of the poor audio quality.  I think dictating on a speaker phone or cell phone (I don't care where --- office, home, bathroom, ballgames, convertibles, motorcycles, airplanes, or outer space) should be MT-outlawed and if a dictator does it, the report should be trashed and he should have to dictate it over (y ...

To The Poster Below Regarding Audits
Jan 09, 2012

I am NOT going to read all those posts, but I just wanted to let you know that you are lucky you only get audited once a month.  I get audited DAILY, at least once a day.  Today I got audited twice, one 100% the other 99.75%.  If I can remember correctly, I got dinged for typing something like "Aorta was tortuous" instead of "The aorta was tortuous".  It was for an account that has a multitude of dictators - I swear there is a new one every day and no two on a consistent basi ...

Disagree With Poster Below
Dec 02, 2013

who said it makes no difference to MM's bottom line if they put us on 100% QA because it usually is not permanent.  Even if it is just for a month or two and they are lowering our salaries by half or more, multiply that by the number of hours worked and by the number of MTs on 100% QA.  They can lower their costs by many thousands per month - at least enough to throw themselves a huge party. ...

About Call Graph For The Poster Below
Nov 22, 2009

With the name of Rajiv Poddar would you think it was a USA company?  Just seeing that name in your post made me not want to read any further.  That should have been a clue that it was from India and nothing else made sense about the wages either.  ...

In Response To The 12% Pay Cut Poster Below, I Work For The Same
Aug 15, 2010

company and my pay was cut 23% at one time. You say good management-this company has a rep for this kind of stuff.  Do you think it is good management when accounts run out of work daily because they are only overflow (almost all accounts with this company are overflow) and are overstaffed to stay in TAT-I had 5 accounts and still didn't have enough work?  Do you like pulling teeth to get work and/or answers because there is only 1 (ONE) person dishing out work who has the persona ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

Looking For Poster Named FINGERS (sm)
Dec 17, 2010

I would like to contact you by email please.  ...

To Poster Promoting Instant TAT.
Jan 25, 2011

I was just reading an article on 98,000 annual deaths, and those were due to medical harm, like hospital-acquired infections, careless surgeries, and incorrect medication orders.  In that article there is only one mention that has to do with healthcare information technology, and it wasn't MT or VR.  It was about electronic prescription orders to prevent medication errors due to sloppy handwriting and harmful drug interactions.  Not once is it mentioned about deliquent charti ...

I Must Say I Am Very Glad To The Poster Who Agreed With Me
May 09, 2012

There are nothing but a bunch of highly hateful and bitter MTs on here.  Wow!!  I think you all need therapy! ...

To The Poster Who Suggested Whole Foods
Nov 29, 2012

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I have had enough of the lack of work ethic in the transcription industry from the doctors and their myriad ways of making our life miserable and unprofitable. I will be moving to an area that has a Whole Foods, and even though they are outrageously priced, I believe in their mission statement more than the joke this industry has turned into. I can't wait to hang up my earphones. I appreciate your suggestion, and I am heeding it. ...

The Poster Below Stated Princess Meeting.
Jun 03, 2013

ALL-HANDS MEETING STATED:  Performance management will be done for greatness of work to raise the bar on every MT/ME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  This morning's email of trying to get us to be near 100% is bullcrap!  MM won.  I just hope and pray by moving this bar up that the company will fall.  After giving this company more than 2 decades of my service, I HOPE TO QUIT!  I am pulling money out of the 401K and finishing my schooling.  This company is great ...

Poster On Job Seeker's Board Is "just Shocked" Because --
Mar 20, 2010

--they're not receiving responses from "peeps" (are you kidding me?) who want to work for 6-7 cents a line as an IC.    LOL.  I should hope not. ...

ATTN: To The Poster Who Keeps "reporting" Messages -- SM
May 12, 2011

You reported messages all morning and are still at it.  There is nothing wrong with the messages you are reporting.  I can tell from your statements that you think your comments are going to the person who made the post.  Well, they aren't!  LOL   They come only to me.  You can take your snide, hateful self to another board if you don't like what is being posted here. Moderator   ...

Dear Poster Below, "I Feel Your Pain - Same Here,"
Oct 06, 2013

Your boat analogy is right on in every way. For those of us who have been in this business for a good while, it's hard to witness firsthand the continual degradation of what once was a viable and respected profession. And it gets me, because what we bring to the table hasn't changed. We're still highly educated people with a vast knowledge base and skills that should be recognized as being worth something. No one off the street would be able to do what we do. We're entru ...

Dear "Read The Archives" Poster
Jan 13, 2014

For those of us that have been on here a while, we know how to use the Search function and utilize it to scan the archives for prior info on a company we are researching. If we can't find the answer to what we are looking for, we will THEN post a question about the company that wasn't previously answered in our search. Here you come with your irritating reply to "search the archives." Alas, a newbie comes along to this site who doesn't understand yet how the site works to try t ...

Regarding Poster Who Said "And You Contribute To The Spiraling Wages."
Nov 09, 2014

I realize you don't understand why some of us go with companies offering extremely low wages.  Let me try to enlighten you (at least in my case). 1.  I am 68 and physically disabled and cannot work outside my home.  I am on SS, but there is no way I can live on that alone. 2.  I have two specialties in MT tht I can work on comfortably and Mercedes has the both. 3.  To transfer from one company to another and not have to be trained on the accounts/platform (BayScr ...

What Did Poster Below Mean By "lockout"? Sm
Mar 30, 2010

what was the email regarding "lockout of schedule"?  thanks! ...

Has This Happened To You?
Dec 21, 2009

I just wondered...has anyone ever made a mistake on a report (which was your fault and you readily admit you screwed up) and get an email stating:  please explain why you made that mistake because the client is waiting for an explanation??!!!  WTH?  Yes, I purposely made that error because I wanted too?  I enjoy making critical errors?  My error was most likely a keystroke error that I failed to catch..I admit it.  I try to be as careful as possible but I am human. ...

What Happened To Me?
Apr 21, 2010

I started my bartending class yesterday.. first time I have done anything outside the house in 7 years.  I was terrified. I don't think I really realized how isolating and stressful working for the Q at home really was.  I had almost forgotten what it was like to interact with real people, doing something that was real and down to earth. But I had a wonderful time, terrified though I was.  I still feel like I've been totally reborn, and I am so relieved to be out of th ...

Has This Happened To You? What To Do?
May 06, 2010

I just to recently switched to a whole new region, supervisor and QA supervisor with 3 days notice because of ONE particular account I transcribe on. I had been typing the previous accounts for over 5 years. Since the switch two weeks ago,  I have now TEN new accounts that I type for with all new CP's, set-ups and dictators; however, I have noted AT ALL the account for which I had previously typed which was the reason I was transferred in the first place!! Furthermore, there& ...