A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there anyone out there that really averages 2000 lines per day on SR? - SM

Posted: May 16, 2012

I ask because I took a job paying 4.5 to 5 cpl for SR using Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor.  I was told that the minimum productivity for SR was 2000 lines per day and for typed lines was 1000 lines per day.  Of course, I never get straight transcription.  The most I have been able to do in SR on a good day was 1760 lines and that was being chained to my PC for 8 straight hours with only a 30 minute lunch. 

I'm thinking that maybe I could do 2000 lines in a day if I didn't have so many corrections per report.  I don't think the MTSOs understand that we would all be more productive on SR if and ONLY IF the software did its job and it never does!  I'm losing my mind and the only thing I think every single day while working is I'm only making a nickel per line and I just had to retype this entire paragraph!! 

I just aced the test for a job where it's straight typing at 9 cpl, had the phone interview and am waiting to get the official offer soon and I will make this solemn promise, I will never go back to SR again!  I'm going to school for coding right now, so hopefully if I get this new job, it will last at least as long as it takes me to finish school!

I am so understanding and with you! Good luck on the straight typing - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
You are spot on. Everytime I catch myself typing what SR messed up I say in my mind "why are you doing this. You are giving them 10 cpl for 4 cpl. Stop it!" well, my mind's eye does not pay the rent, and though this barely does, it is better than poverty. I say we need an industry which pays across the board more fairly across the board, MTSOs need to be held accountable to fair pay for a fair day's work. Yes 2K a day is possible if we are given the correct tools and that would be not having to retype all those reports we are supposedly editing. There are many of us out there for each post like yours who agree. Good for you! Just hoping that your straight typing does not get bought out down the road by some company which pays only for SR!

Well... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I do it on EditScript, but haven't had experience on Dictaphone.

How many hours - a day do you work

[ In Reply To ..]
What types of reports are you doing? Acute care? Clinic? ESLs?

More info helps to put it in perspective.

At 4cpl still doesn't amount to much. If you made 6cpl and only worked 8 hours, it might be meaningful, but not to an experienced older MT.

Hours I work - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 8 hours a day. As you know, with EditScript accounts, it's mostly acute care, large facilities and tons of ESL. I've been an MT for a long time and the speech doesn't really slow me down. I don't have to spend a lot of time researching things unless it's completely inaudible or they speak fast, then I will look up the past reports. ESLs usually say the same things over and over, so once you get them down it's not so bad. The fast dictators are worse, in my opinion.

I never said the pay was meaningful. The question was is 2000 lines possible. In my case it is, on EditScript. Don't know about other platforms. I average about $980 (more than minimum wage)take home pay per paycheck. Sometimes more, sometimes less and it would be more if I wasn't paying benefits and contributing to 401K. Do I like it, NOPE, but that is the best I can do right now and I do like my job and the freedom of working from home. This works for me. I made triple this amount years ago. Salaries have gone down in a lot of professions and my house is worth half what it was 4 years ago too!

The pay isn't going to increase, so I just keep plugging along and do the best I can.

The crap I get on EditScript is unbelievable. - You must have better dictators.

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of the reports I get have corrections, and sometimes multiple corrections, on nearly every line of the report.

Also, some of the errors don't make any sense whatsoever, like suddenly Capitalizing a word in the middle of a sentence or giving me lists like this:

Benadryl
Amoxicillin
1. Verapamil
mucomyst
3. Phenergan

arrrgh!!

Although I like working in EditScript more than the - others, I agree with you about the -(sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
random capitalized words and the botched-up lists. I'd also like to know why sometimes even good dictators end up with a VR result that is 99.9% gibberish, and the whole report has to be redone. Gee, how efficient is THAT?

I have by far the worst SR account I have ever seen..sm - crying in my beer

[ In Reply To ..]
Average 100 LPH!!! I get 17 minutes of dictation in 1 paragraph. You cannot even imagine what a nightmare it is to wade through. Just trash!!! They threw every Tom, Dick and Harry on speech wreck and just let it rip. OTH, another company, I can average well 200 to 300 if I set my mind to it. Sometimes never touch a thing!

Rarely a problem - making 200 lph

[ In Reply To ..]
and usually averaging 275-300. I agree, it varies so much depending on the facility, how much formatting they want, etc. I'm very fortunate to work for a facility that minimizes edits.

Similar Messages:

SoftScript- Can You Do 2000 Lines A Day
Sep 27, 2011

Understanding the pooling situation and difficult dictators, are 2000 lines a long shot using their software.  Thank you for your feedback! ...

Feasible To Do 2000 Lines Per Day?
Jun 18, 2014

I have a phone interview today and just found this forum.  I am scared to death to accept an offer.  My IC job will end due to VR.  It is a good account.  I type at least 2k a day and really need to be close to that range.  Is this possible at this company?  Should I just haul hiney in the other direction?  I wish I would have found this forum a long time ago ...

Minimum Of 2000 Lines Per Day At TTS?
Jun 06, 2015

At Mmodal, our minimum requirement is 1200 lines per day.  That's an awful big difference!  Do people have trouble making 2000 lines at TTS?  Is this a way to get out of providing benes?  (I ask because I worked for a small MTSO years ago who used that method.)  Or are the platform and accounts so great that it is actually achievable on a regular basis? ...

Word 2000 Word 2000 Crashing Repeatedly Today
Oct 23, 2009

I'm having a problem with Word 2000 crashing constantly today.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  TIA! ...

Averages
Jul 11, 2012

Please tell me what is a good average number of lines, average number of pages that is normal for a medical transcriptionist with 20 years experience.  I am currently typing an average of 4000 lines per day and I feel like this is excessive for a daily average.  Would love to know the norm out there.  Thanks.  ...

Evidentally, 99.75 Plus 99.75 Averages Out To 99.50 (MM Math = Failed Audit.) NM
Mar 30, 2014

NM ...

2000 S/l Kilical ADA Diet
Sep 15, 2010

Hi there, if anyone has an idea on this it would be appreciated.  He says the patient is on a 2000 s/l kilical ADA diet.  She is in for syncope and UTI. ...

Another Problem With My *.acl Word 2000
Apr 02, 2011

I found out how to print my *.acl entries. I am now having trouble with trying to move what I have on my flash drive to my laptop that is Word 2000. I found where the *.acl file is (think it is under the MSO1033). But before I make the copy to it, I thought I would try putting in an entry on the laptop in autocorrect and trying to find the file again and that would give me the date I modified it which is today. I have tried every which way and no matter how many entries I put into autocorrect or ...

Medication S/l Lavetirathatum 2000 Mg B.i.d.
Apr 09, 2011

Patient had a kidney transplant.  This medication sounds like "lavetirathatum" at 2000 mg b.i.d.  Is this an antirejection drug? I can't figure out what it might be.  Any help? ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

2000 Sign On Bonus? Really??
Apr 02, 2015

Just saw the Nuance ad on here. WOW ...

$2000 Sign On Bonus
May 15, 2015

Deception at its finest.  Has anyone been hired and actually received this? ...

Comfort Curve 2000 Keeps Disconnecting!!
Sep 24, 2010

All day today I've been having a problem with my keyboard disconnecting.  When I remove/replace the plug, it'll reconnect for a little while, sometimes good for hours, sometimes only a few seconds.  I know it's not the USB outlet because I've tried them all w/the keyboard and it still happens.  I did update the driver and the optional windows update for it but it didn't make a difference.  I've also hooked it up to another computer and it doesn&# ...

Those Who Do 2000 Lpd Straight Typng, Would You Share Some Tips?
Nov 17, 2010

Would those of you who do acute care work and average 2000 lpd share a few pointers with us on how you do this?  I've been in this business for many years but struggle to do 1200 lpd with about 40% ESL dictators in my account pool. Also, there's very little repetition in the dictation narratives.  I understand about refining your macros, which I do, but other than that I just can't seem to get my speed up.  Thanks for any help that you're willing to give.  ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...

VBC Lines
Mar 19, 2011

Seems like with the industry pretty much switching to VBC lines, we should get a higher line rate.  Like that is going to happen.  Thoughts? ...

150 Lines Per Hr Or ASR 350?
Sep 09, 2011

so I get my offer from MedQuist today after they acquired AllType.  In order to qualify for benefits, I have to type 150 lines per hr or do voice recognition editing at 350 per hr.  I don't know if I can do this.  On a good account, no problem.  But ASR on accounts I have been doing are ridiculous, so many random errors, no way you can skim through them.  Any body out there that consistently gets these line counts every week without working more than 39 hrs per week ...

Why Does QA Take Lines Away From You If...
Jan 08, 2012

you send in a report with a blank?  or even if they think you made an error like with comma placement?  They end up taking three lines away if you leave a blank for a doctor's name that you could not understand or verify!  do all places do this, or just some?  I don't think it is ethical, myself.  but just asking.  ...