A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

good line count software form MS Word 2000 - curious mt

Posted: Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with?

I use MPCount - Happy Halloween!

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Word Line Count Software
Jul 25, 2011

I have been using Sylcount the past year.  If I do computer updates, which generally occur once a month, it seems to make things not work correctly.  Could you suggest other line counting software that you use, please?  I might like to switch.  Thank you. ...

Word 2000 Word 2000 Crashing Repeatedly Today
Oct 23, 2009

I'm having a problem with Word 2000 crashing constantly today.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  TIA! ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Looking For Line Count Software
Dec 06, 2012

Looking for line count software. I'm running Windows 7 and Word 2007, will be upgrading to 2010 soon. Any suggestions? ...

Line Count/invoice Software For IC
Jan 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good line counting/invoice software to use with Microsoft Word for independent contractors?  Thanks. ...

Recommendation For Line Count Software
Jun 15, 2012

I've searched on MTStars high and low already and only get posts that are so old the links no longer work or the product is no longer available. My question is can someone recommend an inexpensive (under $50) Line Counting Software that counts headers/footers?  And could you please include a link so I can find this software?  It does not even have to gin up an invoice but just counts lines (including headers/footers).  Many thanks. ...

Free Line Count Software?
Nov 03, 2013

It's been years since I have needed line count software.  In fact, I found an old "disk" - it was a floppy disk, so that's how long it has been!  Anybody know of any free line count software.  I actually don't need it to keep track of all my lines, just so I'm close.  It needs to count separate reports, not just one big document.  I know Word has it's own where it counts characters, but I don't want to have to keep taking my hands off t ...

Help! Need New Line Count Software With MS 2013
Feb 02, 2014

Hi. I just switched computers this week (grumble) and my old linecount software doesn't work. I need a line count software (easy to use, cheap? free?) that works with Microsoft Word 2013.  Any ideas?  thanks ...

Your Favorite Line Count Software.
Mar 01, 2014

I know this subject has been gone over before, but I need your opinion.  I have spent the last week evaluating the line counting/invoicing programs out there, which I might add are few and far between.  I really don't like any of them!  LOL!   Could some of you share with me your experiences?  I appreciate the input! ...

Line Count Software Suggestions
Feb 24, 2015

Can anyone recommend line counting software? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Count Software With Invoice Capability
Nov 23, 2009

Can anyone recommend a line count software with invoice capability? What does anyone think about Michelle Miller’s Line Counter and Invoice Program 2.0? Thnaks for the help guys.   ...

Where Can I Find Link To MTStars Line Count Software?
Feb 27, 2011

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - Is This Good? Please Help!
Jan 06, 2011

Below is a response when asked to clarify compensation from a prospective employer.   As an "old school" MT, I am unsure as to how to interpret this.  I've always been paid by th hour. I need to make a decision.  Thanks in advance - .09 to .o93 cpl per line for traditional typing and editing lines being 1.5 lines = 1 traditional line.  The range depends upon your quarterly quality score.  So many years experience should be way up there in quality, huge benefi ...

Word/line Counting Software?
Jun 04, 2013

I've been using Sylcount for years, but had a computer crash and am unable to get it to work on my new windows 8 computer.  Does anyone have suggestions for other good (easy to use?) software for calculating word and line counts?  Thanks! ...

What Is A Good Daily Line Count For RAD MT?
Sep 09, 2011

I have always been paid by report.  What is a good line count per day (8-hour shift) for a good radiology MT? Thanks for any help.   ...

Good Line Count Per Day For Decent Cpl.
Nov 07, 2011

Just wondering what a good line count per day would be to make decent CPL for a decent paycheck.  (on VR)  Currently getting paid by the house, but SOON to switch to CPL. ...

Good Word Count?
Oct 03, 2014

Hello, everyone.  I am currently two years as an IC for a company (I'd rather not name) and am kind of unsatisfied.  I can make my own hours, which is a plus, but the pay is VERY low.  I am thinking of shopping around but I don't know if my word count is good enough to count as average, above or below.  My average is 350-400 lines an hour edited or 150ish lines an hour standard (as you all know, this depends on what doctors I get for the day).  I am currently b ...

Need A Word/line Count Program
Jul 14, 2010

Any help, advice, need a word/line count program. Free if possible until I get established with job. ...

Line Count Issues With PractiCount And MS Word
Nov 12, 2012

I am having a problem with line counts. I am having a problem with PractiCount and even the line counting program in MS Word. I have a document that clearly is 37 lines by eye but both programs are counting it as 45, any ideas? Also, if someone could explain the difference between 55 character line and 65 character line??? Which is more popular with MTs? ...

Need Line Count Program Compatible W/ MS Word 2007
Jan 10, 2012

I am looking for a line counting program that counts gross lines.  I used to use Abacus, but it no longer functions properly, and it seems that the company is out of business.  Can anyone recommend?  Needs to be MS Word 2007 compatible.  Thanks! ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

I'm Tired Of Being "graded" Every Week. As Long As I'm Producing Good Line Count
Oct 11, 2012

No message. ...

Another Problem With My *.acl Word 2000
Apr 02, 2011

I found out how to print my *.acl entries. I am now having trouble with trying to move what I have on my flash drive to my laptop that is Word 2000. I found where the *.acl file is (think it is under the MSO1033). But before I make the copy to it, I thought I would try putting in an entry on the laptop in autocorrect and trying to find the file again and that would give me the date I modified it which is today. I have tried every which way and no matter how many entries I put into autocorrect or ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

MP Count Software?
Mar 17, 2010

I'm currently working as a new IC for a co. that just asked me to invoice them using MP Count software.  They had an .exe application for it on their ftp server, but of course when I transferred it to my computer and tried to load it, it didn't work.  Now when I go to mp word's website, I see that they charge for the software, and there doesn't seem to be any software that ONLY functions as line counting software. Any experience with the softwar ...