A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

averages - transcribeme

Posted: Jul 11, 2012

Please tell me what is a good average number of lines, average number of pages that is normal for a medical transcriptionist with 20 years experience.  I am currently typing an average of 4000 lines per day and I feel like this is excessive for a daily average.  Would love to know the norm out there.  Thanks. 

I smell a troll - yea, right

[ In Reply To ..]
!

averages - transcribeme

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand.

Yep. Someone wanting to start the - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is possible to make that argument. Probably the same one who claims to make 2k or 4k whatever it was per week! No friggin way

I don't think they're a troll - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can remember tens of thousands of abbreviations, have excellent dictators, and use a lot of canned text, it's not hard to achieve 4000 lines per day. Using Dragon, I can echo-dictate and proof about 3000 lines a day (no abbreviation expander and no canned text).

Now, as far as what's out there today ... YMMV.

too many variables for an accurate average - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I do believe there are MTs out there who can achieve 500 lph (4000/8), but these days, they are few and far between. Since our decent dictators (the ones we'd use to "make up" lost lines after transcribing the garbage dictators) have been put on VR and then sent to India, most of us are left getting only the garbage dictators.

I have some questions for you:
Do you have the same clients to transcribe every day? Same platform? Same QA (meaning, you're not being told by one QA that something's wrong, then told by another that it's correct, then incorrect, then correct)? Do you have VR for those dictators and only edited by the same MTs (meaning, was it trained correctly and consistently so that it learned and you don't have to keep fixing mixtakes)?

I'd think the "average" lph would be about 250 lph, but even that's difficult, if not impossible, to achieve with garbage dictators and unfriendly platforms and inconsistent QA and VR that simply isn't doing it's job.

I say You WISH - Shortie

[ In Reply To ..]
hahaha . . .Maybe once in a while; but there is no way that you're typing 4000 lines on AVERAGE per day unless you have the easiest dictators OR unless you are getting a whole, whole lot of copy & paste dictations. Not trying to be negative, but . . .

Transcribeme....what's the problem? - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand why you would be asking this. If you're doing 4000 lines per day, and you think that's "excessive," why not just slow down and produce less? :-D

well if you think it's excessive - just do less

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right! it's excessive! You're working too hard! you're gonna kill yourself! ;)

Note, OP said she "typing", not editing.....sm - rolling in the dough

[ In Reply To ..]
Please note, the OP said she "typed" 4000 lines sm
She didn't say she was editing 4000 lines a day. Agree, this sounds like an odd post....or just worded in an odd way. If I was "typing" or "editing" 4000 lines per day, I certainly would not be concerned about excessiveness. LOL. I'd be rolling in the dough at a transcription rate.

transcribeme - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, I am so busy preparing for my date with George Clooney tonight that I don't have time to consider such inflated lines.

then your getting sloppy seconds, becuase hes - mine tonight!

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

He just left here..... - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
He is pretty worn out, so give him a break..

averages - anne

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll bite, but I am suspicious of your motives. So much depends on your platform, account, are you paid for spaces, headers and footers, etc. that it is hard to make any meaningful comparison.

I used to type on Microsoft Word doing specialty clinics and I could easily bring in 2200 straight typing (I got paid for all info, headers/footers).

Five years later, I am doing 6 acute hospitals, very different account specs, 80% ESL, I am not paid for spaces and not paid for all of the info I enter in the ADT, no headers/footers, and I am averaging only 2000-2300 lines, most of them VR and paid at half the rate I got above. It stinks. I have never worked so hard in my life trying to keep my head above water.

Similar Messages:

Is There Anyone Out There That Really Averages 2000 Lines Per Day On SR?
May 16, 2012

I ask because I took a job paying 4.5 to 5 cpl for SR using Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor.  I was told that the minimum productivity for SR was 2000 lines per day and for typed lines was 1000 lines per day.  Of course, I never get straight transcription.  The most I have been able to do in SR on a good day was 1760 lines and that was being chained to my PC for 8 straight hours with only a 30 minute lunch.  I'm thinking that maybe I could do 2000 lines in a day if ...

Evidentally, 99.75 Plus 99.75 Averages Out To 99.50 (MM Math = Failed Audit.) NM
Mar 30, 2014

NM ...