A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Evidentally, 99.75 plus 99.75 averages out to 99.50 (MM Math = failed audit.) NM - sick of it

Posted: Mar 30, 2014

NM

WRONG. It is 99.75. BOSSHOLE is a new English word that was on - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
20/20 tonight. This is a good example. Cannot wait for Wikipedia's definition. Presently one of the definitions is an employer who degrades an employee, lol.

BOSSHOLE - Love it

[ In Reply To ..]
fits corporate to a T

BOSSHOLE fits every management person - who ever lived and breathed to a T.

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Did they fail you with that average score? I would argue - - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
To find the average, you simply add them all together then divide by how many separate terms you added together - in your case two scores. So 99.75 plus 99.75 divided by two is obviously still 99.75. I would argue about that math, I really would. There would HAVE to be a third, lower score to change that number.

Good luck. :/

MM math, i.e., - definitionista

[ In Reply To ..]
their version of arithmetic. The same way that "random" per MM, might mean "selectively revised so an audit is failed so we can give you your walking papers." Jes' saying.

Similar Messages:

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

First Failed Audit
May 28, 2014

What happens after you fail your first audit?  Figures I would get audited on my birthday.  What a birthday present.  I guess getting over 99 is not good enough.   ...

Oh Boy...another Failed Audit....
Jul 31, 2014

Well....probably on to my final warning...another failed audit today.  Really disheartens me because I try so hard.   ...

Failed An Audit
Feb 05, 2015

let us know the steps you will take to correct this." Here's my step:  DELETE! ...

FAILED 2ND AUDIT 3 DAYS AGO!! HELP!
Aug 08, 2012

Failed my second audit in 2 weeks a few days ago. Help, what happens now???? Do they fire ASAP? ...

Oops, 98.75 Failed Audit
Aug 28, 2013

Oops, 98.75. Maybe you need to fire me and give my job to a perfect ILP. I won't argue, lol.  ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

Failed Audit Ridiculous
Mar 25, 2014

Ridiculous. Nobody can maintain 99.7% accuracy for the long-term. They're probably going to fire me anyway so to heck with it, I'm just typing away. Whatever. ...

Failed Another Audit - Not Long For This Job! NM
Apr 01, 2014

NM ...

Woohoo Failed My Second Audit
Sep 05, 2014

Now I get to retire!!!  yaaaaa ...

Failed My Second Audit This Month....
Feb 24, 2015

Oh I wonder how long before I'm fired....had 99.35 for last month's score.... ...

When PC Emails You With Failed Audit. SM
May 19, 2015

Asking why you would make an obvious mistake, because the customer wants answers, what do you say? I am not sure how to answer this. It was an error, ergo a mistake, and not meant to sabotage the report intentionally. How would you respond to this? ...

Failed Monthly Audit-yippee
May 19, 2010

what a shock-not !!! ...

Why A Conference Call For A Failed Audit? Has Anyone Done This? Am
May 26, 2015

I have an audit review and was wondering why it is being done via conference call.  Who else wil be attending this call?  ...

Averages
Jul 11, 2012

Please tell me what is a good average number of lines, average number of pages that is normal for a medical transcriptionist with 20 years experience.  I am currently typing an average of 4000 lines per day and I feel like this is excessive for a daily average.  Would love to know the norm out there.  Thanks.  ...

Is There Anyone Out There That Really Averages 2000 Lines Per Day On SR?
May 16, 2012

I ask because I took a job paying 4.5 to 5 cpl for SR using Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor.  I was told that the minimum productivity for SR was 2000 lines per day and for typed lines was 1000 lines per day.  Of course, I never get straight transcription.  The most I have been able to do in SR on a good day was 1760 lines and that was being chained to my PC for 8 straight hours with only a 30 minute lunch.  I'm thinking that maybe I could do 2000 lines in a day if ...

Been Doing The Math...
Mar 08, 2012

...and I'm wondering about everyone else's situation.  If I work diligently and have work available, I can do 300-350 lph in SR, so that's $12-$14 an hour.  My hours actually spent engaged in my job, getting ready for my job, getting to my job, getting home from my job, etc. are basically the hours I'm working and the few minutes it takes me to boot up.  I have no car (don't need one--spouse and I work the same hours), no uniforms, no lunches out, no conve ...

New Math?
Jun 04, 2014

Just got notified the national audit team did a June audit on me and I failed.  I had the incorrect birth date.  Stupid me.  I am usuallly so careful that what is dictated and what ADT have are in sync.  This 1 got by me.  Said my audit score was 96.75.  If a critical error is 3 points, how can this be?  Even 97 would be failing.  HMMMM?  Guess slow down and triple check everything.  Back on the "worry wagon" again.  What will happen? ...

Let's Do The Math
Jan 14, 2015

Let's say you have 1,000 MTs.  If N manages to keep $100 per week per employee due to penalties, that is $100,000 each week that Nuance gets to keep....for nothing.  Multiply that by 52, and they get $5,200,000 to keep per year just on platform, QA, QC, LPH.  And how many MTs are there?  And how much more than $100 are we losing?  But heaven forbid they have to increase you by a few dollars to get you up to minimum pay.  Check where your total lines are comin ...

Anyone Out There Really Good At Math?
Mar 16, 2010

I've tried to do the math to figure exactly how much of an "increase" this is.  I'm sure it's chicken feed, but since I keep getting a different answer when I try, I'll never know. I subtracted my old rate from my new rate and got 0.0013.  Is this 1/13th of a cent my raise per line?  Lordy that cannot be right!   I kept doing it over and got different answers, and I don't know how, but math isn't my forte.  What does 0.0013 mean?  Is i ...

Not Good At Math...
Aug 30, 2010

If you were to be paid 0.80 cents for every 1000 keystrokes, what would that be equivalent to?  ...

Has Anybody Done The Math For The Incentive And
Oct 17, 2010

I'm unsure if my math is correct, but this is what I got.  I average about 300 lines an hour for my 8-hour shift.  In order to reach the cap over the 4 days, I would need to type 16,666 lines above my normal line count.   That would be 4167 lines extra a day.  In my case, at 300 lph, that would be almost 14 more hours I would have to work daily on top of my normal 8.  I suppose 1 hour to sleep and 1 hour for eating and potty breaks a day is all I need, right?& ...

I Stink At Math
Mar 22, 2012

Here's my deal...I got a report a couple of days ago that shows my avg LPH for the previous ppd along w/ some other stats.  It shows that I edit appx 300 LPH (cut me some slack as I'm fairly new on these auths).  If I multiply that by an 8-hr shift and my line rate (0.045 cpl), I keep coming back to about $20 more per day than I'm actually getting.  My straight transcription pays about double the VR edit rate, so WTH am I missing.Apologies for being dense, but I rea ...

Need Math Conversion
Sep 24, 2014

if my current job is calculating a line at 55 char w/spaces and a prospective job calculates a line at 65 char w/spaces -- I am so dumb with math anymore -- what would be the equation I'd use for figuring LPH that I might make in an hour on new job? thanks!! ...

Cut In Pay Varies, I Did My Math
Dec 03, 2014

Many posts on this convoluted mess called a compensation plan. Here are my positives: 1) I don't have to notify payroll if they posted more lines than I should have gotten. I have no clue how many compensated lines I should be given. 2) I don't have to notify payroll if they overpaid me. I will never know. 3) I will know where all the food banks are and every other means of help with utilities, etc. Now, here's my negative after doing the actual math: 1) I am losing $350 per ...

Fuzzy Math
Apr 02, 2015

I just received my March report, graded at 99.3% and the accepted standard is 99.6%. There were 5 audited reports - 3 @ 100%, 1 @ 99.75% and 1 @ 99.3% which was the last one. My March report said I averaged 99.3% and need to improve quality, proofread, ADT screen, dates, labs and so on. Problem is, one missed comma gave me the 99.3% score. Yes, one comma in that report, nothing else was noted. Just doing simple math to come up with an average score for my audited reports (5) is 99.81% surpass ...

Did My Blank Math
Apr 04, 2015

I was consistently going over the metrics for blanks being submitted to the client and decided to keep track of why I was sending those blanks.  It turns out that 77% of my blanks are due to either discrepancy or audio issues; blanks that I am positive nobody could fill in.  77%!  These metrics either need to be done away with or adjusted for doctors that don't take the time to not be idiots.  The most common discrepancy is incorrect age or something else that I can fill ...

Is This Correct Math?
Jun 10, 2015

If I am part time at a company that pays 3 cpl and I do 1000 lines a day - that is only $30 before taxes?  I must be doing something wrong here mathwise. ...

Need Some Help With Math Regarding Line Count
Mar 18, 2010

What in the heck does .05 for every 43 black characters equal out to. It doesn't sound good but I'm no math whiz. Maybe, I'm missing something and who pays like that. What happened to X-amount of cpl based on a 65-character line..or even a gross line. I suspect it's a sneaky way to screw you but I could be wrong. ...