A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

medication s/l lavetirathatum 2000 mg b.i.d. - salem

Posted: Apr 09, 2011

Patient had a kidney transplant.  This medication sounds like "lavetirathatum" at 2000 mg b.i.d.  Is this an antirejection drug? I can't figure out what it might be.  Any help?

levetiracetam - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Levetiracetam sounds very much like your medication. It is used for seizures, migraine headaches, and bipolar disorder. It comes in 250, 500, 750, and 1000 mg.

Is NOT correct; Dosage exceeds maximum for that medication - see message

[ In Reply To ..]

If you are going to look at dosages, you should also check MAXIMUM per day.  2000 mg b.i.d. would be an overdose. 

That is either not the medication or the dosage is wrong.  Either way, a blank should have been left instead of guessing. 

According to drugs dot com:

Usual Adult Dose for Seizures

Initial Dose: 1000 mg daily by either immediate release oral or intravenous administration, given as 500 mg twice daily. Additional dosing increments may be given (1000 mg/day additional every 2 weeks) to a maximum recommended daily dose of 3000 mg.
Extended release:
Initial dose: 1000 mg orally once daily
This dose may be increased every 2 weeks by 1000 mg/day to a maximum of 3000 mg once daily.

not necessarily, could be correct - cll

[ In Reply To ..]
The maximum dose a day for Ambien is 10 mg but I take 20 mg at bedtime, as my body metabolizes medications differently and 10 mg does nothing for me, so my doctor told me to take 20 mg a day, which the info says not to exceed 10 mg a day, but I do per my doctor, so this could still be correct

Dosage IS correct according to NIH - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Levetiracetam In the Treatment of Epilepsy, June 2008. - - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PMC/articles/PMC2526377/ - - Even though there is no clear benefit beyond 3000 mg/day, the LEV dose can be increased to 4000 mg/day for patients who have clearly responded to LEV but have residual breakthrough seizures.

The dosage matches the medication. The spelling is very similar to the MT's phonetic spelling of the medication. Can anyone else find another medication that sounds like this?

This medication is also used for Tourette syndrome, autism, and anxiety, as well as epilepsy, migraine headaches, and bipolar disorder. If 4000 mg is a safe dose for one illness, it could be a safe dose for these other illnesses, but I haven't researched this.

If the illness in the report matches this medication, my answer should be correct. I never ever guess. I have 32 years of experience and verify absolutely everything for my reports and especially when advising other MTs.

Similar Messages:

Word 2000 Word 2000 Crashing Repeatedly Today
Oct 23, 2009

I'm having a problem with Word 2000 crashing constantly today.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  TIA! ...

2000 S/l Kilical ADA Diet
Sep 15, 2010

Hi there, if anyone has an idea on this it would be appreciated.  He says the patient is on a 2000 s/l kilical ADA diet.  She is in for syncope and UTI. ...

Another Problem With My *.acl Word 2000
Apr 02, 2011

I found out how to print my *.acl entries. I am now having trouble with trying to move what I have on my flash drive to my laptop that is Word 2000. I found where the *.acl file is (think it is under the MSO1033). But before I make the copy to it, I thought I would try putting in an entry on the laptop in autocorrect and trying to find the file again and that would give me the date I modified it which is today. I have tried every which way and no matter how many entries I put into autocorrect or ...

SoftScript- Can You Do 2000 Lines A Day
Sep 27, 2011

Understanding the pooling situation and difficult dictators, are 2000 lines a long shot using their software.  Thank you for your feedback! ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Is There Anyone Out There That Really Averages 2000 Lines Per Day On SR?
May 16, 2012

I ask because I took a job paying 4.5 to 5 cpl for SR using Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor.  I was told that the minimum productivity for SR was 2000 lines per day and for typed lines was 1000 lines per day.  Of course, I never get straight transcription.  The most I have been able to do in SR on a good day was 1760 lines and that was being chained to my PC for 8 straight hours with only a 30 minute lunch.  I'm thinking that maybe I could do 2000 lines in a day if ...

Feasible To Do 2000 Lines Per Day?
Jun 18, 2014

I have a phone interview today and just found this forum.  I am scared to death to accept an offer.  My IC job will end due to VR.  It is a good account.  I type at least 2k a day and really need to be close to that range.  Is this possible at this company?  Should I just haul hiney in the other direction?  I wish I would have found this forum a long time ago ...

2000 Sign On Bonus? Really??
Apr 02, 2015

Just saw the Nuance ad on here. WOW ...

$2000 Sign On Bonus
May 15, 2015

Deception at its finest.  Has anyone been hired and actually received this? ...

Minimum Of 2000 Lines Per Day At TTS?
Jun 06, 2015

At Mmodal, our minimum requirement is 1200 lines per day.  That's an awful big difference!  Do people have trouble making 2000 lines at TTS?  Is this a way to get out of providing benes?  (I ask because I worked for a small MTSO years ago who used that method.)  Or are the platform and accounts so great that it is actually achievable on a regular basis? ...

Comfort Curve 2000 Keeps Disconnecting!!
Sep 24, 2010

All day today I've been having a problem with my keyboard disconnecting.  When I remove/replace the plug, it'll reconnect for a little while, sometimes good for hours, sometimes only a few seconds.  I know it's not the USB outlet because I've tried them all w/the keyboard and it still happens.  I did update the driver and the optional windows update for it but it didn't make a difference.  I've also hooked it up to another computer and it doesn&# ...

Those Who Do 2000 Lpd Straight Typng, Would You Share Some Tips?
Nov 17, 2010

Would those of you who do acute care work and average 2000 lpd share a few pointers with us on how you do this?  I've been in this business for many years but struggle to do 1200 lpd with about 40% ESL dictators in my account pool. Also, there's very little repetition in the dictation narratives.  I understand about refining your macros, which I do, but other than that I just can't seem to get my speed up.  Thanks for any help that you're willing to give.  ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

BP Medication S/l Ass Ee Uh
Nov 07, 2009

s/l   ass ee up ...

Medication Name Help Please
Dec 27, 2009

This is an ER visit for a pt in because her debrillator "fired".  Hx of MI, CAD, htn, high cholesterol.  The med is on her allergies list.  Sounds like "Topiglide." ...

URI Medication?
Jan 19, 2010

Doctor is dictating a medication almost assuredly for a URI -- s/l "Ultahist/Altahist liquid". I actually had this question in the past and no one was able to help or just didn't see my post. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...

Medication Help
Mar 29, 2010

Two drugs in question.  S/L Novus and Resista?  Never heard them/cannot find them anywhere.  Any ideas???? ...

Medication Help...
Aug 19, 2010

s/l mer-acid-iol 300 mg 2 tablets b.i.d. also on Cozaar, Celexa, metformin and Norvasc.  ...

Medication, Maybe
Aug 28, 2010

I keep hearing on patients who are in the ICU with all kinds of tubes sticking out of them something that sounds like "sea sas per protocol", often listed along with medications. Today in the same doc I heard the above and also somethng tha sounds like "citra carium per protocol" and suspect it may refer to the same thing. Any ideas? thanks a bunch. ...

Medication S/l Sor-cox-a-bin
Sep 15, 2010

Thank you. ...

Name Of A Medication
Oct 01, 2010

Doctor says the patient has heavy bleeding and cramping.  She was prescribed "Listerra" or Listetta?  The doctor has a pretty heavy accent.  which did not help.  The Listerra will not prevent unwanted pregnancy like the Mirena will. So apparently this is not a birth control pill but something to help with the heavy periods and cramping?   Thanks. ...

Need Medication Help
Jan 19, 2011

Anybody ever hear of a medication that sounds like "Lotanapress?" ...

Medication (may Be OTC)
Mar 09, 2011

Patient takes Synthroid, Inderal, Estrace, Prilosec and S/L prevalate powder as well as Elavil and naproxen. Thanks in Advance! ...

Another Medication
Mar 09, 2011

Patient with history of heart disease, CHF, sleep apnea, hypertension, diabetes mellitus and arthritis.  Medication S/L quanapril or kawanapril...? Thanks in Advance. ...

Medication Help Please?
Mar 19, 2011

Sounds like toe-fair-oh Tofarro?  Telfaro? Dosage is 600 mg. ...

Medication S/l
May 08, 2011

Med s/l Mecaptopurin and Humira- seems like should be a Crohns medicine, not sure.... ...

Medication Name Help
Aug 08, 2011

Dictator says "fluticasone? 50 mcg 2 squares daily. Not sure about the medication name, but is definately 50 mcg 2 squares daily. I am not familiar with medication squares? Any suggestions? Patient has hypertension, hypokalemia, and is admitted for renal consult. Thanks! ...

What Is That Medication Again?
Nov 17, 2011

To bring back the topic of dictators absolutely mangling words, one of my NPs just dictated:   "Her umbilified was just doubled by another physician to help her mood." Hmm, me thinks you meant ABILIFY?  There's no M in that word.   Gotta love it. ...