A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So glad to escape MQ and the industry!!! - Just Me

Posted: Jul 31, 2010

After nearly 20 years in this industry, I am happy to say that I am free now!  Praise God!

So happy for you! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Prase God for you! - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope to be in your shoes very, very soon. Pray for the rest of us.

Agree with Adios! - You are very lucky!

[ In Reply To ..]
Praise God and pray for the rest of us. You are very fortunate! Anything would be better than this job. Even my husband and 2 sons agree. They rather see me work at Michael's, Joann Fabrics, a craft store, ANYTHING than put up with this crap. Here it is, beginning of August and I have NO VACATION DAYS TO TAKE, because of stupid NJA! Also been warned I cannot take 1 hour off unless it is taken by the swapboard. That is it for me.

Praise God is right! Another MT company or not? - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
Wishing you the very best. Hope you were able to get out of this field!

I hope to soon, but not early enough I am afraid.

Similar Messages:

Here's My Escape Plan
Feb 15, 2014

I got a job with a small local MTSO.  The pay is only fair, and there's no PTO, but there's also no VR and my insurance is free (not for my family though).  The owner and I both know that the days of MT are dwindling but we are going to ride it out till the end.  The beautiful part is her office also does coding and billing.  Not the really indepth inpatient coding, of course, but office stuff.  She knows I want to learn how to do that so when the MT work is go ...

All Say Just Be Glad You Have A Job. Do Ya Think That Is What
Mar 04, 2011

rt ...

Glad To Be Gone....
Jun 20, 2012

I did my last ASR for MModal last Friday and started my new job today. My heart goes out to all of you trying to keep your heads above water with Mmodal. I've never seen such a mess of a company as this one is and from the posts on here, it just keeps getting worse. With the weight of ASR, crappy pay scale, NJA, dozen of accounts, working holidays and weekends off my shoulders, my stress level is almost nil. I cleared out my work station and had enough paperwork to throw away to b ...

So Glad I'm Gone
Jan 22, 2015

So I finally get my check.  I say finally because after many emails they admitted this week they held my training pay a payperiod.    So this check should've had my training pay, a full week and another half week's worth of work. Nope!  Came in waaaaaaaaaaaay under what it was supposed to be, and of course, I can't access the time card anymore.    So glad I left that dishonest company! ...

Who Has Come Back To MQ And Glad They Did.
Oct 11, 2009

I am getting my foot back in the water on a PT basis.  Have tried about 4 other companies out there and didn't find a better fit yet. I know all companies have good and bad, but all the changes MQ made that enticed me to leave are now being instituted by other companies too.  It is like MQ was the leader of the pack and they all thought --- Hummm, if they can, so can we. ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...

Boy Am I Glad I Quit
Aug 19, 2010

Today is my last day with MQ (formerly Spheris) and I quit just in time.  I got the new MT Rewards Plan document and I don't know if everyone is affected the same but it would mean my pay would go down another 10%.  Are these folks just plain crazy or what? Good riddance to this whole company. ...

I Left WMX, And I'm Glad...
Sep 25, 2010

So... I worked for WMX for 3 years (after MQ for 7), then I left to work for the local school system for a year and a half. I got laid off due to state budget cuts. My former manager from WMX took me back but said I had to work third shift -- maybe not permanently -- no promises. I worked my *#% off for 6 months, almost to the day. It wrecked my sleep patterns, my personal life, everything... but I needed the money and benefits, so I did it. Finally, my account went through the ISR conversi ...

Glad I'm Not A Coder
Sep 12, 2011

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904103404576560742746021106.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Really Am Glad I Didn't
Jan 19, 2013

back in the day, I took the course at the junior college.  The cost was negligible.  I'd be really upset if I spent what these schools charge, only to get a job that pays minimum wage. ...

So Glad I Left
Dec 05, 2014

Can I confess to a guilty pleasure?  I left Nuance back in July and I confess that at the end of the day I love coming on this site and feeling like my decision to leave gets validated every time I do.  Honestly, it feels better than chocolate, and less calories.  I left with an "Anything would be better than this mentality," and actually it's been true.  I started working at a large DIY store, made way more money, but admittedly did find it pretty boring (I think becaus ...

I'm Glad I Found This Board
Mar 12, 2010

I am really glad I found this board.  I felt really alone.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks MQ is making a profit off of the MTs.  Being cut in pay for ASR was bad enough, but this first time right stuff is too much. I am going back to school and I'm getting out of the MT business.   ...

So Glad I Don't Work For MQ Anymore
Mar 20, 2010

I've been sitting here reading all the garbage about MQ and their "yET ONE MORE" great idea  HA.  I can't believe it....well, yes, I can.  They have come up with yet one more terrible idea (that won't last) and a way to "cheat" the transcriptionist/editor out of more money!!!!!!  "Right the first time" and docking 3 cpl if you send too many reports to QA....GOOD GRIEF!  I feel another class action suit about to be filed.  LOL LOL  Anyway, I ...

Wow, Glad I Proofed And Caught That One,
Mar 31, 2010

I had put that the patient had "intimate slurred speech" -- (that's what my ears heard!) -- but dictator had said "intermittent slurred speech".  SHEW!  Brain and ears must work together, always!! ...

Glad KS Made Payroll - However...
Sep 02, 2011

Some KSMTs posted they got paid today, some got paid on the 1st. This tells me this was not an issue with late line counts or the payroll guru asking them to kindly roll payroll ahead a few days. Truth has to be they do not have the money available to make payroll and had to pick and choose who to pay based on the money available. Those who asked for hardship case or who they did not want to risk losing got paid. Those they thought could be strung along for 2 more days were not paid un ...

Change Of Heart And So Glad.
May 01, 2012

I am back to post an update from a few months back.  I have been attending Andrews for a while now and quite honestly should be finished with the course, but I hit a few bumps in the road, which set me back as far as time.  I was feeling REALLY discouraged a few months ago and was just trying to hurry and get through it all and feeling like I had gotten myself into a huge mess with coding.  But, I am happy to say that I am so thrilled I didn't give up.  Andrews is an awe ...

I Must Say I Am Very Glad To The Poster Who Agreed With Me
May 09, 2012

There are nothing but a bunch of highly hateful and bitter MTs on here.  Wow!!  I think you all need therapy! ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

I Am So Glad That I Asked My Question About
Oct 08, 2012

suing on a board that is NOT anonymous and full of PROFESSIONAL people.  I know now that the rude and stupid responses I got were...well...stupid! lol!!  come on people! ...

So Glad I Left When I Did. In The 7 Weeks Since
Aug 23, 2014

I left, it seems to have gone downhill quick.  ...

Glad I Found You Guys, MT To CPC Question
Mar 28, 2012

I'm so glad this board is here.  I have been an MT for 19 years.  I'm trying to break into the coding field.  I have worked around medical records for my entire career, first med records job (I know it's not called that any more) in 1979.  Then I worked in a hospital clinical area, then as an MT for 19 years while my kids were at home.  I would like to translate this experience into a coding position.  In my MT work, I have mostly done acute care wor ...

So Glad They Created Yet Another Tool To Monitor
Feb 01, 2014

every single thing we do rather than fixing the question mark problem in Fluency, or the fuzzy physician search, etc.  Sigh. ...

Glad To Hear The New Pay Scale Is Good For Some
Dec 22, 2014

It sounds like the new pay scale isn't as bad as it originally seemed.  Thanks for sharing.  :) ...

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...

This Whole Industry
Aug 22, 2013

Here's the problem with MT's who work at home:  There's not one out of six of you that have ever grown a pair of cajones. ...

BOS And Their Industry Standard?
Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard? ...

Industry Trends
Mar 21, 2010

I'm new to this board, but have been in the business a while.  There's obviously a lot of dissatisfaction on the way work is being moved to India and Speech Recognition.  Its affected me, too.  But, it is what it is.  The healthcare facilities  are being forced to cut costs, and the MTSOs have to respond to keep the business, which is unfortunate for us. First, there was India.  HealthScribe, Focus Informatics, CBay, Heartland and others pushed this ...