A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How can I get her to give me a schedule change? - mtgirl

Posted: Mar 25, 2012

I just feel like the process is not moving fast enough and I asked for this schedule change almost a month ago. She sent over the paperwork and hasn't said anything else since. Not even when I sent an email asking her if she's considered me. There is no communication whatsoever. I don't understand it. Is there a way I can get her to reply to me without having to press her every week to see if she's approved my new schedule?

who do you work for, and why do you assume she HAS TO - change your schedule

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they need you on the shift you were hired for?

If you're a valuable worker and not normally bothersome, be a - be a squeaky wheel until you get your change. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

schedule - me

[ In Reply To ..]
start working the schedule. You'll find out quickly enough if it's approved.

Bad advice. sm - ex-MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that being a squeaky wheel is best. If you start working it without approval, you could end up fired. If you like the company, don't risk it.

why dont you call her? - couponermt

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe you could call and see what she says? email is not always the best form of communication

Why not call? - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I'd do, but I also know there is a shortage of evening and weekend coverage, so I wouldn't necessarily expect a change.

i called my supervisor yesterday about mine - couponermt

[ In Reply To ..]
i had requested a schedule change like 2 months ago and yesterday i called and asked her about it, she was so nice, she said she does schedule changes every 3 months and she was in the middle of rearranging it now, so it should be done soon. sounded like she was gonna do it, she just needed some time, so i feel better now that i talked to her and she said oh yes i got your emails! i know you want that schedule. since she didnt email back i took it personally, but now I dont feel that way, hopefully mine will be done soon and yours will too! i also requested a weekend day and friday off so hopefully she'll do it without a problem.

Not happy - mtgirl

[ In Reply To ..]

I was sent over the paperwork for a schedule change a month ago, so I am guessing that means a yes to a schedule change. You have to remember why I am posting. This manager (and others like her I've seen) do not communicate. It's all up to you to divine the meaning if they are going to change it or not. At this point, I have thought about caling her but I am so angry with her behavior that I feel like I'm just going to end up letting my emotions get the better of me and I won't be able to have a productive conversation with her. It's not my fault she cannot send me a one line email saying that she'll need another week or that she just cannot do it at this time. That's all I needed was a 'no'. Her leaving me hanging is what's p*ssing me off.

she sent over the paperwork herself... - mtgirl
[ In Reply To ..]

btw and has ignored my emails about the matter.

Similar Messages:

Asking For Schedule Change
Mar 14, 2011

I have just started working for Medquist two weeks ago..I am struggling with working a noon to 6 shift Sun-Thurs..I used to work M-F 5 am to 11 am with my other company until they closed down.  I am considered part-time (min of 24 hrs) but I work 30.  Do you think they will be p...ed if I were to ask for a day off in the middle?  I am already always asking for a couple hours off here and there for PT and and doctor's appts for my children.  ...

Change Schedule
Aug 12, 2013

If your "boss" makes a suggestion that since you run out of work a lot and suggests maybe you need to move to a different shift but OBVIOUSLY that won't make a difference what is their next step?  I've always made way over their line requirements and audit requirements.  There just doesn't happen to be any work lately during my shift, or at least not much. ...

Any Companies That Just Give You A Window To Get Your Work Done And NO Set Schedule?
Jan 23, 2014

Anyone know of any companies that give you a time frame to get your work completed?  I would like to work for a company where there is no punching in an out or constant phone calls, etc.  I have over 14 years of experience. ...

Can You Be Forced To Change Your Schedule?
Sep 20, 2012

I signed what I assumed was a contract when I was hired and my hours were part of that contract.   Can they make you change your hours?  ...

I Finally Got The Change Your Schedule -sm
Jan 28, 2013

or get moved to another BOB/TSM email.  Im so mad right now.  Why all of the sudden is there no work for my shift?  She needs someone from 4p to 1a? Seriously?  Today for the first time is 2 weeks I have plenty of work for my entire shift, on my main, regular, familiar accounts. UGH!!!! Just a little venting to those who feel me as my husband is tired of hearing it! LOL! ...

Schedule Change = More Work
Mar 20, 2013

It has been the two weeks since the supervisor said that work flow would change with reorganization of people/accounts.  Still waiting.  Up at 4:00 a.m. and 3 jobs since 5:00 a.m.  Where is the more work promised two weeks ago??  Did not believe it then so not surprised it did not amount to anything.  Supervisior says that there is low work in the early morning hours.  I have worked this shift for years and there has always been work in the early morning before ...

Can Someone Give Me A Timeline Of Company Change From:
May 13, 2013

Being Pushed To Change Schedule. Anyone Hear Of This?
May 07, 2013

If I deny 2 times to be transferred to a different group/different schedule, then they take that as a resignation.  Fancy way of firing you without firing you?  I have a life with a young family, I cannot work whenever they want me to.  Oohh, frustrated. ...

Anyone With A Recent Schedule Change Have Plans To -sm
Oct 27, 2014

try to get your old schedule back?  My change was "forced" on me and I was wondering with the new grouping and such, if I should try to get my schedule back.  It was kind of a bizzare change in that I already worked one weekend day and was told I needed to work the other weekend day instead, so now I dont even have 2 days off in a row...that could be remedied I am told, but switching my other day offf....that was optional and for now I said no. ...

POD Mistress Requests Schedule Change
Dec 29, 2014

Woke up this a.m. to an *URGENT* message from the POD Mistress telling our POD that we need to look at our schedules and make changes to suit her needs.  Then, ironic as it is, she lists the accounts that have gaps in them and specific times for those specific accounts.  Is she guaranteeing work on those accounts at those times?!  Haha!  I was born at night...but it wasn't last night!  Nice, try PODM!!  We are in a POD.  I would love to get my regular acco ...

Can Someone Give Me A Timeline Of Company Change From: TotalEmed
May 12, 2013

nm ...

Nuance Taking Over And I Was Forced To Change My Schedule
Sep 22, 2012

So, I used to work Monday through Friday, which is what I was hired for.  Fast forward to Nuance taking over and I was forced to change my schedule to include a weekend day, and this is the 4th weekend in a row, there is no work. Makes sense, huh? ...

New To The Q- E-mailed CCM Northern Region About Needing To Change Schedule
Jan 05, 2010

if you want to change your hours, not the days. ...

CCM Cutting Helper Pools So People Will Change Schedule
Sep 15, 2011

So had work for 2 days out of the week with no problems and then all of a sudden an email appears that help is needed for the weekend and also wanting people to change their schedules to the weekend.  All of a sudden, no jobs available appear.  Apparently, work is just cut off until people start volunteering to change their schedule or volunteering to cover hours on the weekend and when some poor schmoe changes their schedule or volunteers, all of a sudden we have work again.  Tot ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

Is It Schedule II Narcotics Or Schedule 2 Narcotics? See It Both Ways...
Sep 19, 2014

I Give Up!
May 04, 2010

I absolutely cannot even understand this part of the dictation to even try to break it up into something valid. It's under the physical examination, HEENT. "Pupils equal, round, and reactive to light and accommodation.  Extraocular muscles were intact. (s/l ophthalmolotin powasting)."  She goes into cardiac after this and clearly dictates that heading. ...

OK, I Give Up...
Feb 07, 2012

I thought I'd looked everywhere but obviously not.  Where are the links to external resources, sister MT sites, etc?  I'm sure I'll really feel stupid when you tell me. ...

Something Has To Give Here
Jun 20, 2012

ASR was doing better a little while back now it is way screwed up again...Which means they hired people that dont know what they are doing..They need to make it about a year or so on new hires before they go through the filter and screw it up..And you would think at the very least there would be a filter to keep misspelled words from printing out,,,Just my opinion ...

Ok, I Give Up!!!
May 25, 2013

is it just me or is there someone else out there thinking that ASR has gone completely nuts!  My usual 240 lph is down to about 160 lph with all the editing I have had to do tonight on my normally clearly-speaking dictators, i.e., Dictated:   MRSA bacteremia    ASR:  Cataracts Dictated:  ESRD, on                ASR: Anterior, a If it didn't require so much editing it could ...

DON'T GIVE UP
Oct 19, 2014

I just want to let everybody know there are other fields where we can put our skills to use. I responded to an ad asking for a transcriptionist and thinking it was medical I sent my resume of 20+ years MT and got hired . It turns out its a legal transcriptionist for workers comp lawyers. Right now I do 4 hours a day as they need me (as there is another transcriptionist there) and am making a lot more than medical transcriptionist. I'm hoping at some point they may offer full-time so I&# ...

I Give Up. No More OT For Me.
Jun 12, 2015

I've had it.  Today will be the first time I'm not going to be compliant with the "mandatory" OT.  I just can't anymore.  They mandate, then they run out and cancel the mandate.  They give a few days without mandate and then we're back on mandate.  I work a specific schedule for a reason.  I do NOT appreciate being jerked around.  Whether it's illegal or not, it is WHOLLY UNETHICAL.  I'm not an on-demand worker.  This 8-h ...

QA Schedule?
Aug 30, 2010

Hi all ~ I am curious how frequently QA is performed at your hospital.  We had been on a 2-reports-reviewed-quarterly schedule, but it seems QA is being pushed further and further onto the back burner because we've been so busy.  My boss would like for me to get a feel for what others are doing out there.  I've worked at some hospitals that didn't do QA, ever, so I didn't have anything I could tell her.   ...

What Did They Do To Our Pay Schedule?
Nov 29, 2010

What did they do to our pay schedule?  If I am reading this correctly, we will have a pay period from December 16 to Dec 25 and then it kicks in on a totally different schedule?  Any info would be helpful since I am fairly new at MQ.  Thanks. ...

M-F Schedule
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone with Nuance have this schedule?   TIA ...

Schedule
Apr 03, 2015

How about instead of begging or demanding OT you make everyone work the schedule they are supposed to work?  How about you schedule the PODs/accounts properly? Well that would all be too logical, which we all know MM doesn't have common sense to be logical. ...

Should I Give Up 1 Job? Need Feedback. Sm
Dec 13, 2009

I work part time for 2 companies.  One company usually has plenty of work.  I love the work and the people and they are very flexible.  I can usually get full time lines.  The other company usually has no work and I really despise the work and the QA.  I'm tired of the constant frantic emails stating how there is so much work only to go on and find there are less then 10 jobs.  This company now wants us to be employees.  I don't want to be t ...

DONT GIVE UP
Feb 01, 2010

This board is sometimes so disheartening.  All of you new MTs, we are graduating from reputable schools, we are getting jobs and it is no different from any other occupation.  Times change, rules change, technology changes, but if we are not set in our ways and our not willing to grow, things will disappear.  We always blame everyone else, but maybe its time to look at the opportunities that do exist and concentrate on where we do want to be in 5 years or 10 years.  Peop ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is Someone To Give Feedback On FTR
Apr 13, 2010

I would like to give my feedback, a lot of hype for a BIG let down.  Swapboard a BUST.  OLD report lookup, andother BUST.  They need a HUGE anonymous suggestion box. ...

Please Give Us A Break..........
Jul 15, 2010

How many Medical Transcriptionist right now feel like they are being discriminated against because of your lack of experience?  Why are Medical Transcription companies only looking to hire experienced Medical Transcriptionist in a certain field?   Don't they realize the resources that are out there now, that can give someone the opportunity to grow in this field.  Right now there are so many people out of work and struggling to get a job and have little to no ...