A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Being pushed to change schedule. Anyone hear of this? - SM

Posted: May 07, 2013

If I deny 2 times to be transferred to a different group/different schedule, then they take that as a resignation.  Fancy way of firing you without firing you?  I have a life with a young family, I cannot work whenever they want me to.  Oohh, frustrated.

They dont need fancy way to fire you. They can fire you just - because. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

What I ment was forcing a resignation instead of firing. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Make em fire you, easier to get UE that way. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I agree, but my point was they consider it a RESIGNATION if you choose not to change your schedule. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yes, I understood. So make them fire you. Or change. - Seem only 2 options. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You mean "resign" or change. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Was there another option that I missed? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
lol no but you kept using the word fired, which was not an option. Was asking if this was a standar - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Oh, okay. I understand what you mean. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
So you are saying if you refuse to change shifts - they will say you resigned?
[ In Reply To ..]
They won't fire you; just say you resigned your position. That's BS
That is what I got out of the conversation, yes. - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Very sneaky. I actually really like my sup and she said she was going to see if she could move someone else. We have been low on work. She did say if you refuse 2 times, they take it as a resignation though. :-/
UE and firing - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
"Make em fire you, easier to get UE that way."

Not necessarily. In the state where I live, if a person quits voluntarily or gets fired for cause, they cannot draw UE, it has to be a layoff in order to receive benefits.

change or be fired - JoeBob

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told the same thing.

I found another MT job back in March and quit MModal. I first tried to work with my supervisor to get a schedule where there would be work. She told me that there was plenty of work (which I didn't believe at all) and the MTs just don't want to work when there is work available and that MM was starting to fire people on the spot if they were offered a new schedule and didn't take it. That really threw my stress level up, and I am so glad I am out of there now.

Rumors again? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Come on. Lets be honest here. If you are not willing to bend when you keep getting NJA how can you expect to keep getting paid? That's not how things work.

Bending is not always an option when you have a family. - OP. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not a compromise if they say, take this schedule. If it doesn't work for your life, tough. I cannot be working and pick up my child from school, help with homework, make dinner, have a conversation with my husband, get my kids ready for bed at the same time. I am not willing to bend and give those things up for this job. I feel for those who don't have a spouse's income.
Bend or lose job - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't like having to change my schedule because it altered my family obligations but unfortunately we need my paychecik to live. It will take some adjustment but I am thankful that I have a job and am not unemployed. My spouse does not make all that much either but we get by.

Can't bend if there's no place to bend - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Run out of work Sunday night, Saturday night, afternoons, mornings. How should we be expected to bend at this point?

change or be fired - JoeBob

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow - you are quick to judge! I WAS willing to bend, that is why I was trying to work with my supervisor to change my hours. However, after telling me there was plenty of work, she couldn't seem to find a schedule that would provide work for me. She admitted that as much work as possible was being moved to India.

She was not telling me that I would be fired, she was telling me that was a new practice that MM was beginning to do - if you are not willing to take a different schedule offered to you, then you will be fired.

Again, all I can say is I am glad I left when I did.

changes - Rena

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just "offered" a change to a new region doing a clinic with 8 docs and 5 other MTs... would be only account instead of the two I currently have for which there is not much work available to me anymore. I am going to say no because I know what the outcome would be. NO WORK AT ALL. My supervisor has always disliked me because I stood up for myself to keep part of my schedule and have been hounded ever since. It benefited others, but I am the one who got the brunt of the difficulty.

Anyway, I am looking, have been looking, just nothing I have found with any promise so far. I husband will be involved in the sequester and this is not helping my stress level at all either. Along with the fact that I have rheumatoid arthritis and cannot work as fast or as much as I used to. I used to do ER notes and loved them, they were always interesting, would not mind having that again.

Been here for four years through out three buyouts. Wonder how much longer I will last.

think we'll see this more and more... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think with our work either heading offshore OR being done by the docs themselves with the new EHR systems, the available work amount will get smaller and smaller. I do feel for you all with a life outside of MT (ie, families, children, taking care of other responsibilities). It's like our job is supposed to take over our life.

Changing my shift - GrateMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When my huge, wonderful account went to India and there was a huge reorganization, eventually my new supervisor, who replaced the one who was fired, worked hard to kick us out onto other teams because we had way too many MT's on our account. I was put onto one that was ready to train on Fluency. Once there, we new ones on that team were told that there too many of us working in the early morning hours, so some of us would have to change our schedules. Since I am still working for the West region, and I have recently moved to the East coast, it just made sense to actually make the schedule change because there is a 3-hour time difference between where I live and where my dictators live. So, reluctantly, I put in for a schedule from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and got it. You are right--- it's a bad schedule for anyone with a life, but what else could I do? I usually get my 8 hours in every day. You do what you have to do. I do not look to stay with this schedule forever.

How can it be resignation when the employer - terminates employment?

[ In Reply To ..]
If you emphatically state to UE office that you were more than willing to work the shift they hired you for, but they didn't have work available, how can that be considered resignation?

Another point to consider: If everyone changed to a different group or time, wouldn't that mean at some point that group or time schedule will be overstaffed as well? What happens then? They ask you to jump to something different?

At some point, the UE office is going to determine that they don't have sufficient work for the staff they hired. Especially since they're continually running ads for hiring.

schedule change - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it's right for an employer to push you to change your schedule from the one you were hired for. I never minded helping out at odd hours, one of the reasons I decided not to get married OR have kids was to be able to work more productively, not just as an MT but for my entire adulthood, but being forced to change permanently is totally wrong. Yes, I'm single (by choice), childless (by choice), but I did balance 3 other jobs, a house (single means I get to do all the yard work and what maintenance I could do physically.) My point is everyone has a life they have built around the hours they were hired to work....turning a life upside down is NOT the way to gain production!!! I left before all heck totally broke loose, because I saw that schedule I had so delicately balanced was about to be turned upside down, for lower pay, and I sure couldn't afford to give up my other jobs either!!!

Similar Messages:

Asking For Schedule Change
Mar 14, 2011

I have just started working for Medquist two weeks ago..I am struggling with working a noon to 6 shift Sun-Thurs..I used to work M-F 5 am to 11 am with my other company until they closed down.  I am considered part-time (min of 24 hrs) but I work 30.  Do you think they will be p...ed if I were to ask for a day off in the middle?  I am already always asking for a couple hours off here and there for PT and and doctor's appts for my children.  ...

Change Schedule
Aug 12, 2013

If your "boss" makes a suggestion that since you run out of work a lot and suggests maybe you need to move to a different shift but OBVIOUSLY that won't make a difference what is their next step?  I've always made way over their line requirements and audit requirements.  There just doesn't happen to be any work lately during my shift, or at least not much. ...

How Can I Get Her To Give Me A Schedule Change?
Mar 25, 2012

I just feel like the process is not moving fast enough and I asked for this schedule change almost a month ago. She sent over the paperwork and hasn't said anything else since. Not even when I sent an email asking her if she's considered me. There is no communication whatsoever. I don't understand it. Is there a way I can get her to reply to me without having to press her every week to see if she's approved my new schedule? ...

Can You Be Forced To Change Your Schedule?
Sep 20, 2012

I signed what I assumed was a contract when I was hired and my hours were part of that contract.   Can they make you change your hours?  ...

I Finally Got The Change Your Schedule -sm
Jan 28, 2013

or get moved to another BOB/TSM email.  Im so mad right now.  Why all of the sudden is there no work for my shift?  She needs someone from 4p to 1a? Seriously?  Today for the first time is 2 weeks I have plenty of work for my entire shift, on my main, regular, familiar accounts. UGH!!!! Just a little venting to those who feel me as my husband is tired of hearing it! LOL! ...

Schedule Change = More Work
Mar 20, 2013

It has been the two weeks since the supervisor said that work flow would change with reorganization of people/accounts.  Still waiting.  Up at 4:00 a.m. and 3 jobs since 5:00 a.m.  Where is the more work promised two weeks ago??  Did not believe it then so not surprised it did not amount to anything.  Supervisior says that there is low work in the early morning hours.  I have worked this shift for years and there has always been work in the early morning before ...

Anyone With A Recent Schedule Change Have Plans To -sm
Oct 27, 2014

try to get your old schedule back?  My change was "forced" on me and I was wondering with the new grouping and such, if I should try to get my schedule back.  It was kind of a bizzare change in that I already worked one weekend day and was told I needed to work the other weekend day instead, so now I dont even have 2 days off in a row...that could be remedied I am told, but switching my other day offf....that was optional and for now I said no. ...

POD Mistress Requests Schedule Change
Dec 29, 2014

Woke up this a.m. to an *URGENT* message from the POD Mistress telling our POD that we need to look at our schedules and make changes to suit her needs.  Then, ironic as it is, she lists the accounts that have gaps in them and specific times for those specific accounts.  Is she guaranteeing work on those accounts at those times?!  Haha!  I was born at night...but it wasn't last night!  Nice, try PODM!!  We are in a POD.  I would love to get my regular acco ...

Nuance Taking Over And I Was Forced To Change My Schedule
Sep 22, 2012

So, I used to work Monday through Friday, which is what I was hired for.  Fast forward to Nuance taking over and I was forced to change my schedule to include a weekend day, and this is the 4th weekend in a row, there is no work. Makes sense, huh? ...

New To The Q- E-mailed CCM Northern Region About Needing To Change Schedule
Jan 05, 2010

if you want to change your hours, not the days. ...

CCM Cutting Helper Pools So People Will Change Schedule
Sep 15, 2011

So had work for 2 days out of the week with no problems and then all of a sudden an email appears that help is needed for the weekend and also wanting people to change their schedules to the weekend.  All of a sudden, no jobs available appear.  Apparently, work is just cut off until people start volunteering to change their schedule or volunteering to cover hours on the weekend and when some poor schmoe changes their schedule or volunteers, all of a sudden we have work again.  Tot ...

ICD-10 Deadline Being Pushed Back
Feb 17, 2012

From Med-Scape Medical News February 16, 2012 — In a regulatory victory for the American Medical Association (AMA), US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today that her department will delay the deadline for physicians to begin using a new and expanded set of diagnostic codes called the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision, or ICD-10. The original deadline had been October ...

Remedy Pushed Back Another Week!
Apr 18, 2012

Now everybody has another week to figure it out! Or maybe more! The Muddle/Q is notorious for pushing things back and back and back ad nauseum. ...

All Thumbs Meeting Pushed Back Another Week
Sep 25, 2012

another week of reprieve before the ax falls? ...

You've Offically Pushed Me Into The Decision To Go Back To School, Nuance.
Dec 14, 2012

The latest pay cut was my final straw.  I'm starting my first classes in February for a new career in a field that has nothing to do with healthcare and working every single weekend and holiday for the rest of my life while watching my pay go down instead of up with the more experience I gain.  Thank you for destrying what I considered a career and turning into something I loathe getting out of bed and having to do. ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

Article: Middle Class Secretaries Pushed Into Minimum Wage Work
Sep 04, 2012

Article from The Nation: http://www.thenation.com/blog/169712/middle-class-secretaries-pushed-minimum-wage-work "And the driving force behind the losses is just as troubling. Given that the ability to find a new job is almost nil in the miserable job market, workers are feeling trapped. (For example, the quit rate has hovered at a very low rate since the recovery began.) That gives employers huge leverage in pushing their employees to take on heavier loads without higher pay." Sound famil ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

Is It Schedule II Narcotics Or Schedule 2 Narcotics? See It Both Ways...
Sep 19, 2014

QA Schedule?
Aug 30, 2010

Hi all ~ I am curious how frequently QA is performed at your hospital.  We had been on a 2-reports-reviewed-quarterly schedule, but it seems QA is being pushed further and further onto the back burner because we've been so busy.  My boss would like for me to get a feel for what others are doing out there.  I've worked at some hospitals that didn't do QA, ever, so I didn't have anything I could tell her.   ...

What Did They Do To Our Pay Schedule?
Nov 29, 2010

What did they do to our pay schedule?  If I am reading this correctly, we will have a pay period from December 16 to Dec 25 and then it kicks in on a totally different schedule?  Any info would be helpful since I am fairly new at MQ.  Thanks. ...

M-F Schedule
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone with Nuance have this schedule?   TIA ...

Schedule
Apr 03, 2015

How about instead of begging or demanding OT you make everyone work the schedule they are supposed to work?  How about you schedule the PODs/accounts properly? Well that would all be too logical, which we all know MM doesn't have common sense to be logical. ...

Schedule Source HELP
Nov 01, 2009

I know how to find my PTO balance; but, how do you find out what it was at different dates previously, or if you even  can.  My PTO balance hasn't changed in over a month.  If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks in advance.    ...

2010 Pay Schedule
Jan 08, 2010

Has this been posted on MQ Central? I searched and could not find it. It's so hard to find stuff on there. ...

? On Being Locked Into Schedule
Mar 10, 2010

I am assuming that we will still have the 1/2 hour leeway on clocking in and out that we have now.  Does anyone have any info on that? ...

Schedule Swap
Apr 02, 2010

Can anyone answer a question about this new procedure?  I want to swap a shift for next week but having trouble understanding this new process.  I guess if you want to work a different shift on a particular day, you would first need to post yours and make sure someone takes it before you claim another as you might end up working both - correct?  It is not really swapping you have to give yours up and then hope there is one you can pick up.  I am not really sure why we di ...

Mequist Pay Schedule
Apr 08, 2010

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how Medquist pay periods fall? Thank you! ...

Where On MQCentral Is The Pay Schedule?
Aug 22, 2010

Thanks!  I need to know when to expect my direct deposits!      ...

Schedule Not Showing Up
Aug 25, 2010

Does anyone know if your schedule is not showing up in teamwork if it matters or not??  Since lockout is not in place I do not know if this is a big deal or not.  I It was always there until just recently.  I do have a new ccm so maybe it got lost in the shuffle. TIA ...