A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

POD mistress requests schedule change - clyde

Posted: Dec 29, 2014

Woke up this a.m. to an *URGENT* message from the POD Mistress telling our POD that we need to look at our schedules and make changes to suit her needs.  Then, ironic as it is, she lists the accounts that have gaps in them and specific times for those specific accounts.  Is she guaranteeing work on those accounts at those times?!  Haha!  I was born at night...but it wasn't last night!  Nice, try PODM!!  We are in a POD.  I would love to get my regular account but I know as well as you do that I will never see my account again.  I'll be stuck on 20 other accounts if I pull myself out of bed at those hours.  Oh, the hospital is unhappy because they have 45 employees typing on their "specialty" account?  Way to go MModal!  And don't you dare blame the MTs and MEs.  This is a CEO problem 100%.  So, I'll stick to my schedule, thank you very much, and you can just figure out your POD mess all on your own.  After all, isn't the POD supposed to work better and ensure coverage for all accounts at all times? 

Time for MModal CEOs to open their eyes and realize that we are making pennies here (even less than we were before) because we're bouncing around from account to account, reading client profile after client profile with their special somethings in them continually through 8 hours of hell, and quickly getting the point where we don't care about the accounts because we are being treated like an assembly line as opposed to trained professionals.  You want to have a POD, then have a POD, but if you want my support in this you better make very Client Profile exactly the same, no exceptions!!  If heads are going to roll, it should be the CEO aka POD Master.

Ah yes - fadingstar

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one of those emails a few weeks ago. I agreed to the change, and then all of sudden she wanted a different change. I'm not stupid. Fool me once.

Schedule change - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
I have changed my schedule/life many times in the past to accommodate them. I kmow this will "ruffle" some feathers but how about seniority factoring into the equation. Let the newbies and those with less time than me change their schedules. I've been with this company a LONG time. Can't wait to see what happens. These pods are a joke.

PODM - the initials of the day! LOVE IT! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I'm going to call her from now on ... I just hope it doesn't accidentally slip!! BWAHAHAHA

POD mistress - Let them do it

[ In Reply To ..]
Unite MTs and don't give into their demands. They created this monster, let them tame it. The only way change is going to come about, is to not comply with their bully tactics. Stand firm or sit firm! I for one will not work other than my shift and the one time, I did try to help out, it was so bad, I e-mailed in sick and logged off. We need to start 2015 united and strong and work the schedule assigned to us. Happy New Year M*M, you have poked the bear one too many times! I just hope others that don't read this board are doing the same thing.

Overstepping - Carrie

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't necessarily agree with the senority suggestion, but whatever happened to listing the times of the day/week they are short staffed and asking for volunteers -- outa 400 individuals in a pod there has gotta be a few people who want to make a change. But to automatically change peoples' shift is ridiculous. What hubris! I'm so tired of the Pod Mistresses sending out sweet-as-sugar e-mails, then sending out threatening e-mails, oh and don't get me started on the daily inspirational e-mails. But you can't let it get you down, because all you have to do is wait patiently and things will change again.

They asked for volunteers - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have changed my schedule twice so far to help out..Change it without my approval and I'm outta here, on the spot, no warning, no nothing. Matter of fact, I am job hunting to find somewhere with better hours.

WHY CANT THEY HIRE FOR THESE HOURS NEEDED - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When they move people around, it creates other gaps, so instead of constantly chasing their tails, just hire a few people for those hours.

The ultimate problem is the POD, but they are to stupid to see that.
work is about to drop back off after the beginning of the year - Coding students will go back to half time
[ In Reply To ..]
so it will all work out.
They've always hired people promising a great shift, then - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
immediately start harassing them to change to a crappy one. Why bait-and-switch rather than simply advertise and hire for the shift they need in the first place?!

My schedule is the only thing keeping me here. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've dealt with their huge pay cuts, benefit cuts, unrealistic quality requirements, switched around to more CCMs than I can count, and have given up on even trying to figure out how many accounts I work on, yet I have stayed and do my best because I do still have a schedule that works with my life. If they take that away, I'm outta here. I suspect many of us are in the same boat. Not much other reason to be here.

Similar Messages:

Asking For Schedule Change
Mar 14, 2011

I have just started working for Medquist two weeks ago..I am struggling with working a noon to 6 shift Sun-Thurs..I used to work M-F 5 am to 11 am with my other company until they closed down.  I am considered part-time (min of 24 hrs) but I work 30.  Do you think they will be p...ed if I were to ask for a day off in the middle?  I am already always asking for a couple hours off here and there for PT and and doctor's appts for my children.  ...

Change Schedule
Aug 12, 2013

If your "boss" makes a suggestion that since you run out of work a lot and suggests maybe you need to move to a different shift but OBVIOUSLY that won't make a difference what is their next step?  I've always made way over their line requirements and audit requirements.  There just doesn't happen to be any work lately during my shift, or at least not much. ...

How Can I Get Her To Give Me A Schedule Change?
Mar 25, 2012

I just feel like the process is not moving fast enough and I asked for this schedule change almost a month ago. She sent over the paperwork and hasn't said anything else since. Not even when I sent an email asking her if she's considered me. There is no communication whatsoever. I don't understand it. Is there a way I can get her to reply to me without having to press her every week to see if she's approved my new schedule? ...

Can You Be Forced To Change Your Schedule?
Sep 20, 2012

I signed what I assumed was a contract when I was hired and my hours were part of that contract.   Can they make you change your hours?  ...

I Finally Got The Change Your Schedule -sm
Jan 28, 2013

or get moved to another BOB/TSM email.  Im so mad right now.  Why all of the sudden is there no work for my shift?  She needs someone from 4p to 1a? Seriously?  Today for the first time is 2 weeks I have plenty of work for my entire shift, on my main, regular, familiar accounts. UGH!!!! Just a little venting to those who feel me as my husband is tired of hearing it! LOL! ...

Schedule Change = More Work
Mar 20, 2013

It has been the two weeks since the supervisor said that work flow would change with reorganization of people/accounts.  Still waiting.  Up at 4:00 a.m. and 3 jobs since 5:00 a.m.  Where is the more work promised two weeks ago??  Did not believe it then so not surprised it did not amount to anything.  Supervisior says that there is low work in the early morning hours.  I have worked this shift for years and there has always been work in the early morning before ...

Being Pushed To Change Schedule. Anyone Hear Of This?
May 07, 2013

If I deny 2 times to be transferred to a different group/different schedule, then they take that as a resignation.  Fancy way of firing you without firing you?  I have a life with a young family, I cannot work whenever they want me to.  Oohh, frustrated. ...

Anyone With A Recent Schedule Change Have Plans To -sm
Oct 27, 2014

try to get your old schedule back?  My change was "forced" on me and I was wondering with the new grouping and such, if I should try to get my schedule back.  It was kind of a bizzare change in that I already worked one weekend day and was told I needed to work the other weekend day instead, so now I dont even have 2 days off in a row...that could be remedied I am told, but switching my other day offf....that was optional and for now I said no. ...

Nuance Taking Over And I Was Forced To Change My Schedule
Sep 22, 2012

So, I used to work Monday through Friday, which is what I was hired for.  Fast forward to Nuance taking over and I was forced to change my schedule to include a weekend day, and this is the 4th weekend in a row, there is no work. Makes sense, huh? ...

New To The Q- E-mailed CCM Northern Region About Needing To Change Schedule
Jan 05, 2010

if you want to change your hours, not the days. ...

CCM Cutting Helper Pools So People Will Change Schedule
Sep 15, 2011

So had work for 2 days out of the week with no problems and then all of a sudden an email appears that help is needed for the weekend and also wanting people to change their schedules to the weekend.  All of a sudden, no jobs available appear.  Apparently, work is just cut off until people start volunteering to change their schedule or volunteering to cover hours on the weekend and when some poor schmoe changes their schedule or volunteers, all of a sudden we have work again.  Tot ...

Anyone Heard From Pod-mistress RW?
Jun 20, 2015

Have not heard from RW, not that that is unusual, but have been getting emails/updates from another pod's super. Is RW on vacation? Also, have not heard from TSA from same pod lately, even though it is end of pay period and usually sends reminders to make sure time card is in order. ...

Reversal Requests
Mar 09, 2015

I am so tempted to put in my reversal requests comments like, "Really?" or "What planet are you from?" ...

Teamwork Requests
May 07, 2015

Just wondering if anyone knows if what we as MT's see on/in our Teamwork/leave requests is exactly what TSA/Teamwork sees? I was told I submitted a request for a certain day and it didn't show on my end, and I've never had this happen before. I was the one who brought it to her attention; forwarded emails regarding the day I did request off and proved I did not request the day off that she said I did and had put me down for PTO. Yet, I'm still told "My" mistake has been corre ...

Submitting PTO Requests For No Work Available
Aug 30, 2012

My manager is always sending out emails that we are required to submit a PTO request (pain or unpaid) for situations when there is no work available in order to account for all of our hours. I don't understand why we need to do this. I put no studies available on my time card when I clock out when I run out of work. I'm not asking for time off and so don't see why I should have to put in a request for time off when there is no work. I would be more than happy to work during these ...

Just Wondering How Many People Had Their Requests
Nov 22, 2012

Happy OOW Day, y'all.   ...

Radio MTME Now Taking Your Requests
Aug 25, 2010

Hey there guys and gals and welcome to another listening day at MTME the voice of transcription!  Here's our first dedication from "are you kidding me I just signed on and there are NJA???" out of Kansas City who wants to hear:  "I've done everything for you, you've done nothing for me" by Rick Springfield!  (feel free to call in your dedications to the Q, taking them 24/7!!)  ...

Reversal Requests --why Do I Waste My Time?
Apr 16, 2015

Sent in request, my TM sent in on for next level.  Well, the powers above decided my placement of period and/or comma impacted the integrity of the record and should be scored as incorrect verbage rather than punctuation. The 1 point for verbage as opposed to .25 for punctuation makes that short report a fail.  Give us a frigging break.  Don't know why I waste my time.  Just when I calm down and think "working here isn't so bad", something l ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

Come On CCMs!! Review The Tgiving Requests So We Can Make Plans!!!
Oct 23, 2012

x ...

Is It Schedule II Narcotics Or Schedule 2 Narcotics? See It Both Ways...
Sep 19, 2014

QA Schedule?
Aug 30, 2010

Hi all ~ I am curious how frequently QA is performed at your hospital.  We had been on a 2-reports-reviewed-quarterly schedule, but it seems QA is being pushed further and further onto the back burner because we've been so busy.  My boss would like for me to get a feel for what others are doing out there.  I've worked at some hospitals that didn't do QA, ever, so I didn't have anything I could tell her.   ...

What Did They Do To Our Pay Schedule?
Nov 29, 2010

What did they do to our pay schedule?  If I am reading this correctly, we will have a pay period from December 16 to Dec 25 and then it kicks in on a totally different schedule?  Any info would be helpful since I am fairly new at MQ.  Thanks. ...

M-F Schedule
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone with Nuance have this schedule?   TIA ...

Schedule
Apr 03, 2015

How about instead of begging or demanding OT you make everyone work the schedule they are supposed to work?  How about you schedule the PODs/accounts properly? Well that would all be too logical, which we all know MM doesn't have common sense to be logical. ...

Schedule Source HELP
Nov 01, 2009

I know how to find my PTO balance; but, how do you find out what it was at different dates previously, or if you even  can.  My PTO balance hasn't changed in over a month.  If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks in advance.    ...

2010 Pay Schedule
Jan 08, 2010

Has this been posted on MQ Central? I searched and could not find it. It's so hard to find stuff on there. ...

? On Being Locked Into Schedule
Mar 10, 2010

I am assuming that we will still have the 1/2 hour leeway on clocking in and out that we have now.  Does anyone have any info on that? ...

Schedule Swap
Apr 02, 2010

Can anyone answer a question about this new procedure?  I want to swap a shift for next week but having trouble understanding this new process.  I guess if you want to work a different shift on a particular day, you would first need to post yours and make sure someone takes it before you claim another as you might end up working both - correct?  It is not really swapping you have to give yours up and then hope there is one you can pick up.  I am not really sure why we di ...

Mequist Pay Schedule
Apr 08, 2010

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how Medquist pay periods fall? Thank you! ...