A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Flat burnt out on my job. - Youngstown

Posted: Dec 09, 2011

New QA's and they are "redoing" everything, including report formats.  We've had to correct them on a few items and yet they storm ahead and are making work miserable.  Doctors I've typed for now over 10 years and the new QA person acts as though I'm new and never heard his dictation and "here's how it should be from now on."  WTH? Seriously?  She changes words and puts in the wrong words, not even what was ever said, and then my pay hurts because of it.  Never had complaints before but now all you hear are complaints.  Wonder why!

ask why - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you asked a manager why this is happening or brought it to their attention that the way you've been typing for these doctors for so long is being changed? Maybe they don't realize it is happening and will put a stop to it once they know. Sounds like your new QA person/people have a little ego trip going and think they know better.

keep a log - golucky

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep a note of the job#s and dictator#s and when they make changes, refer it to the manager/owner/supervisor and refute it. Lately, when I've had to instant msg QA for just a blank or two, they come up with something completely different or that don't even fill in all the gaps and when I type their 'expertise' into the doc, my QA score's knocked. So, I started keeping a log of who QA'd and what the question was along with the job# and dict#. Hooo-Rah! It's a good thing! :-)

Similar Messages:

BURNT OUT-HELP!
Oct 01, 2010

Can't seem to stay focused, even when there is work.  I'm just exhausted - it's not physical, I've been checked out and I'm already on antidepressants (LOL).   Does anyone have any fresh and new ideas?  I try taking breaks, but then I truly have to drag myself back in here.......  I'm afraid to change companies as I really like it where I'm at and other than sometimes running out of work have no complaints there!  I've be ...

I Am So Burnt Out On This Job
Dec 31, 2010

I can't even make myself work. I just need a 2-week break, and then I think I'll be refreshed. ...

I'm So Burnt Out......
Jan 12, 2011

I can't even force myself to work now for two days. I'm so sick of this work but of course have bills so will have to work 14 hours the rest of the week.  How do you keep from getting to where you just can't force yourself to work? I've only been an MT for four years. ...

Ever Get Burnt Out?
Mar 08, 2012

And come back later? I hate having to punch out for break though because it makes my day longer. My CCM doesn't mind if we take an hour break, but thats just an hour longer that I have to work. My region has had tons of OT lately and mandatory one hour extra for each day your scheduled, for me thats 9hr shifts 5 days a week. Definitly could use the money and nice to know we got so much work. But I think I set myself up for failure when I sign up to do another 3hrs on my days off, m ...

How To Not Get Burnt Out
Aug 02, 2014

I've only been in the field for 5 years and have had my share of jobs.  The best was, of course, the in-house job which eventually got outsourced(as many often do).  I'm with a service I'm happy at albeit the pay is what it is (dreadfully low).  I'm only part-time, but I find that 4 hours a shift is just enough for me to handle mentally.  Maybe I bring it on myself, rationalizing what I paid for schooling versus what I actually get paid.  I just find ...

HELP FOR BURNT OUT TRANSCRIPTIONIST
Apr 20, 2011

Any ideas?  I love the people I work with and the company - but somedays I have all I can do to drag myself in here and stay focused.  Been doing transcription for 35+ years and I know I'm burnt out.  Where do we old burnt out people go?  ...

This Burnt My Biscuits. My ROM Sends Out Msg That She Can
Sep 11, 2012

in scathing email about working from home so no reason to call in sick.  She fails to mention though that she gets a paycheck whether she's sitting at her computer or not.  I wonder how she'd feel laying in bed with that foot pedal for 8 hours with 103 fever and typing one bad dictator after the other.   Funny how they make it sound so easy and WE help pay for their salary.  Thanx ROM, you're the very best there is!    ...

They'll Tell You Anything, Flat Out Lie Even, To Get You
Oct 04, 2012

Then once they have you, watch out.  Nuance lies.  They lie to everyone they take over, i.e., the pretty great company and pretty great pay you were making before; kiss it goodbye.  They lie.  I just want to warn all of you considering your options.  I wish I had been warned because I had no idea it would be this bad.  I would have recorded my phone conversations and saved all the E-mails if I'd known.  Be smarter than I was.  I have been here 1-1/2 y ...

Prostate Is Flat
Nov 11, 2009

I am having extreme difficulty with a dictation. I have read some other post, but when I ask a transcription advisor at Allied, if in fact the doctor is saying "flat", I'm told no. Anyone have any idea what is being said? The sentence is " On digital rectal exam the prostate is (flat, flas, flaccid) without firmness or nodularity." Thanks for any help on this problem. ...

Flat Page Rate
Nov 01, 2012

Can anyone tell me if they know what a flat page rate is? I have no idea if it means a full page, or any kind of a partial page. I am an IC and I have always been paid by the line. I have come across this and just need to know before I apply. ...

Under Neurological: Patellars Were Flat (should It Be Patellas??) Not Sure
Oct 28, 2009

NM ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

Flat 4 Cents A Line Starting Feb 1???
Jan 15, 2011

Noticed in the MQ MT "rewards" plan  (wow I can't even type that w/o laughing), that as of Feb 1 the pay will be a flat 4 cents per line for ASR.  It does say this applies to new hires only; however, it says if hired prior to Feb 1 the editing  rate will be "equal to the greater of 60% of the transcription base rate."    What does "equal to or greater of 60%" mean exactly?  Does that just mean 60% of your regular straight transcription rate like it is now?&nbs ...

Best Way To Clean A Flat Screen Monitor?
Nov 29, 2011

I try not to even touch the monitor too much because of the plasma (or whatever it is inside there) but my flat screens could really use some cleaning.  What do you use to clean yours?  One of ours even has a smudge of nail polish on it where one of the girls pointed at something and and her nail polish rubbed off on the monitor.  Help!!! ...

My Flat Screen Monitor Has Like A Film On The
Jan 02, 2012

screen and I cant seem to get it off.  I dont know what it is.  It is a whitish film smeary looking.  Any suggestions. ...

Flat Rate Cpl For Editing And Transcription?
May 17, 2012

Ladies and gents, I am hoping to find an employer that will pay a flat line rate for both editing of SR and transcription. Does anyone know of anyone that is doing that? This business of being paid 2 different line rates makes it impossible to forecast earnings and is causing a huge headache for me. I am thinking a flat in the 7 cpl to 8 cpl would be something I would consider. I cannot believe I am saying that - 10 years ago I was working in a great hospital job making 12 cpl. My, my, how ...

EKG Report - He Says, T Wave Flat In S/l L Only, Basically Unremarkable. Thanks!
Jul 12, 2011

.. ...

Interesting. I Was Flat Out Lied To During My Phone Interview
May 21, 2012

about the rate of pay.  It is ridiculously low as it is and they said they were implementing higher pay.  I have been here 3 months now and no changes.  On top of that, they charge us to work for them!!  I am going to tell them what I think of this.  I have nothing to lose!!! ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Respiratory Arrest. Patient Laid Flat For Admission Of "blunt Ridge Effusion/infusion" Sm
May 14, 2015

Code was callled briefly as she deteriorated.  Her symptoms worsened as she was laid flat for initiation of s/l blunt ridge fusion, which was stopped quickly.  Totally stumped.    ...