A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My flat screen monitor has like a film on the - PAMT

Posted: Jan 02, 2012

screen and I cant seem to get it off.  I dont know what it is.  It is a whitish film smeary looking.  Any suggestions.

Hmmmm - JC

[ In Reply To ..]
Only thing I can think of, is if it's brandie new, it may be a film of paper that was put on for protection during shipping. Other than that, perhaps someone wiped it with a furniture polish rag.

Try some lens cleaner if you have it. That can't hurt anything.

Film - mel268

[ In Reply To ..]
what have you tried using so far to get it off?

Do you or anyone else in your household smoke? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Smoking Factor - JC

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, I forgot the smoking factor. That will definitely muck things up. As will cooking greasy foods near the monitor.

No one smokes and the system is upstairs. - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Flat screen film - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine got that occasionally, as well. I was able to get a cleaner just for monitors that you sprayed on a cloth and then wiped your screen. Seemed to really help. It came out as a white foam. You have to really clean it off completely, though, otherwise, you will see the streaks from the cleaner. Hope this helps.

Are you running a cool - alana

[ In Reply To ..]
mist humidifier?

Use a damp microfiber cloth to clean it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Best Way To Clean A Flat Screen Monitor?
Nov 29, 2011

I try not to even touch the monitor too much because of the plasma (or whatever it is inside there) but my flat screens could really use some cleaning.  What do you use to clean yours?  One of ours even has a smudge of nail polish on it where one of the girls pointed at something and and her nail polish rubbed off on the monitor.  Help!!! ...

Help With Seeing The Screen On Monitor!!!
Aug 01, 2011

Hello all:  Hope someone might be able to help me or steer me in the right direction. I just started a new job that uses Fusion RIS 5.0. When I open the program the left side of the screen has a RIS editor and the right side has all the patient demographics.  I have to type in Arial 11 in the editor after I call up a template shell.  After typing for several hours, my eyes get really strained.  Is there a way I could make that part of my screen larger without affecting t ...

Widescreen Versus Full Screen LCD Monitor
Nov 03, 2009

I'm looking for opinions on widescreen versus full screen LCD monitors for MT.  I have a widescreen, but I'm thinking that a full screen monitor might be easier on my eyes.  Any opinions? TIA! ...

Radiology Shoulder Plain Film
Jul 20, 2011

What does TRC stand for?  ...

Pelvis Film - "She Retains Good Bone S/l Stack
Jul 03, 2010

Examination of her pelvis film shows she has moderately advanced degenerative joint disease of her right hip with large femoral head osteophyte and medial wear.  She retains good bone s/l stack?? ...

U-tox Screen Or Utox Screen?
Feb 02, 2011

which urinary toxicology abreviation is used? ...

They'll Tell You Anything, Flat Out Lie Even, To Get You
Oct 04, 2012

Then once they have you, watch out.  Nuance lies.  They lie to everyone they take over, i.e., the pretty great company and pretty great pay you were making before; kiss it goodbye.  They lie.  I just want to warn all of you considering your options.  I wish I had been warned because I had no idea it would be this bad.  I would have recorded my phone conversations and saved all the E-mails if I'd known.  Be smarter than I was.  I have been here 1-1/2 y ...

Prostate Is Flat
Nov 11, 2009

I am having extreme difficulty with a dictation. I have read some other post, but when I ask a transcription advisor at Allied, if in fact the doctor is saying "flat", I'm told no. Anyone have any idea what is being said? The sentence is " On digital rectal exam the prostate is (flat, flas, flaccid) without firmness or nodularity." Thanks for any help on this problem. ...

Flat Burnt Out On My Job.
Dec 09, 2011

New QA's and they are "redoing" everything, including report formats.  We've had to correct them on a few items and yet they storm ahead and are making work miserable.  Doctors I've typed for now over 10 years and the new QA person acts as though I'm new and never heard his dictation and "here's how it should be from now on."  WTH? Seriously?  She changes words and puts in the wrong words, not even what was ever said, and then my pay hurts because of ...

Flat Page Rate
Nov 01, 2012

Can anyone tell me if they know what a flat page rate is? I have no idea if it means a full page, or any kind of a partial page. I am an IC and I have always been paid by the line. I have come across this and just need to know before I apply. ...

Under Neurological: Patellars Were Flat (should It Be Patellas??) Not Sure
Oct 28, 2009

NM ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

Flat 4 Cents A Line Starting Feb 1???
Jan 15, 2011

Noticed in the MQ MT "rewards" plan  (wow I can't even type that w/o laughing), that as of Feb 1 the pay will be a flat 4 cents per line for ASR.  It does say this applies to new hires only; however, it says if hired prior to Feb 1 the editing  rate will be "equal to the greater of 60% of the transcription base rate."    What does "equal to or greater of 60%" mean exactly?  Does that just mean 60% of your regular straight transcription rate like it is now?&nbs ...

Flat Rate Cpl For Editing And Transcription?
May 17, 2012

Ladies and gents, I am hoping to find an employer that will pay a flat line rate for both editing of SR and transcription. Does anyone know of anyone that is doing that? This business of being paid 2 different line rates makes it impossible to forecast earnings and is causing a huge headache for me. I am thinking a flat in the 7 cpl to 8 cpl would be something I would consider. I cannot believe I am saying that - 10 years ago I was working in a great hospital job making 12 cpl. My, my, how ...

EKG Report - He Says, T Wave Flat In S/l L Only, Basically Unremarkable. Thanks!
Jul 12, 2011

.. ...

Interesting. I Was Flat Out Lied To During My Phone Interview
May 21, 2012

about the rate of pay.  It is ridiculously low as it is and they said they were implementing higher pay.  I have been here 3 months now and no changes.  On top of that, they charge us to work for them!!  I am going to tell them what I think of this.  I have nothing to lose!!! ...

MQ Monitor
Jun 09, 2010

I received a "new" NEC LCD17V monitor from MQ today.  In the monitor box was a base and a small black plastic piece inside a small plastic bag.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what the small black plastic piece is for.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

No Monitor With Q Computer???
Oct 13, 2009

When the Q supplies the computer, don't they send a monitor?  Just got the tower, keyboard and mouse.  ...

Fetal Monitor Help
Dec 06, 2009

Fetal heart rate strip showed deep variable decelerations down to a s/l "nater" of 90 beats per minute.   Help? ...

Holter Monitor
Dec 13, 2009

Ok I am working on a results of a Holter monitor. It sounds like he is saying "no evidence of highly gravy blocks or syncope." Does anyone know what he might be saying? ...

S/l Klemmisher Monitor
Feb 10, 2010

Cardiology monitoring couplets, triplets and PVCs s/l Klemmisher monitor.  Thanks! ...

Cardiology Monitor
Apr 29, 2011

The sentence is:  Periods of heart racing perhaps supraventricular tachycardia. We will schedule a week long S/L hebettin monitor???? HELP! ...

TransTech - Why MT Monitor Is Still Being Used?
Dec 28, 2011

Does anyone have a clue why MT Monitor is still being used?  With a name like "MT Monitor Watchdog" attached to it and running on my PC, it kinda creeps me out. I've asked management and have yet to get a reply other than "still testing."  OK, so they've been "testing" it for over 2 years now.  What's up with that? ...

Monitor And PC Come Seperately??
Nov 25, 2013

Came today.  I wasn't home and Fed Ex left it in my bushes...only a monitor.  Kinda freaking out because 1.  Makes me wonder if somebody stole something 2.  If not WHY do they send them seperately???? how maddening! ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

PEARS? In Holter Monitor
Jan 08, 2011

premature atrial contractions, with few episodes of PEARS? ...

Monitor Bigger Than 19 Inches?
Jul 06, 2011

I have MS Word, IT, Bytescribe, and WordPad all up side-by-side at the same time.  Then when I need to get on the internet I minimize those.  I'm thinking it might be nice with a bigger screen to spread MS Word out bigger so the print will be bigger and easier to read.  I know I could make it bigger by changing it from say 100% to 150% but I don't like to go bigger than the page width.  I also might be able to leave the internet open too with a bigger monitor. Has ...

MT Monitor -- Anyone Use This Line Count Program
Jan 02, 2010

Has anyone used this line count program?  I can't find much info about it, other than a company page on the 'net. ...

When Returning Equipment, Will MQ Want The Monitor Back
Dec 31, 2011

as well?  Last time I quit they only wanted the tower back.  Preparing to leave very, very soon but haven't given notice yet so thought I would ask you guys. ...

Cardiology Procedure, S/l Nexen Monitor
Jan 04, 2012

. ...