A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TWITTER USED IN FIGHT AGAINST OUTSOURCING - TwitterFan

Posted: Feb 06, 2011

You want to get your opinions about this travesty out use Twitter to do it.  I've seen several tweets in the last couple of months directed at the AMA about stuff like this. It certainly can't hurt to be heard given that they are followed by 80,000 people, right?  Pointing out the deficiencies & danger in outsourced work, identifying who the guilty parties are (Q among others), and why it's a reprehensible practice certainly couldn't do anything at this point but put awareness out into the ether where it could become viral and something can possibly come of it.  It simply can't hurt to use this venue to rant at the very least.  In any event, I'm off to twitter a couple of choice opinions on the subject myself so I hope some of you will come along.  The AMA's Twiiter follow is  @

Outsource vs off-shore - Starfish

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone else mentioned this in another thread. Big difference between outsourcing and off-shoring work. Outsourced means no longer handled within the facility (though that can overlap with off-shoring depending on what company said facility uses). Off-shoring means work is sent to a foreign country. That being said, yes, the more attention brought to this matter, the better. Thanks for the link!

Twitter - ALAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
WOW... GREAT idea!!!! I'm with you there! We need to find every avenue we can to get the word out and get patients and docs mad about how far their MRs are going and who is getting a look at them, as well as how easy it is to get a look at them! I was considering some letters to some reps, senators, head of the local AMAs, anybody I can get to listen. This not only affects our jobs, it affects our security!!

Twitter - TwitterFan

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, go to it find everything on Twitter that is medical related and give them your 2 cents of opinion whenever you can. I'm seeing it more and more. It would only take one tweet to get the attention of the right person to make it go viral enough that it might be something people start taking more notice of. Likewise with a Blog. Bloggers are a good source of getting stuff out in the public eye these days and it would only take one blogger in someone pocket to take the entire subject and run with it and then it would be something people would have to take notice of.

And yes I know it's off-shoring not outsourcing, I was tired when I posted the previous message but I'm glad you guys got the point.

Similar Messages:

MModal Is On Twitter -sm
Jun 29, 2012

M*Modal @MModal 3h Don’t forget – tomorrow, June 30, is #SocialMediaDay!! How will you celebrate? ow.ly/bVmMD, @mashable #hcsm And they posted this tweet, "M*Modal @MModal3hDon’t forget – tomorrow, June 30, is #SocialMediaDay!! How will you celebrate? ow.ly/bVmMD, @mashable #hcsm."   I'll tell you how I want to celebrate, by tweeting to the whole world how they pay their MTs. ...

Another Good Site To Search For Coding Jobs: Twitter
Mar 11, 2012

Yep, you read that right: Twitter. I have an account and just now I did a search at the top of the page, and you wouldn't believe all the results that came up, local results from different parts of the country posting coding jobs. It's great. So that's just FYI for y'all. ...

No Fight Left In Me
Jul 13, 2010

to log off and hang it up.  I feel so drained of life after only 12 years in this profession. ...

HOW TO FIGHT SR REPORTS
Feb 07, 2012

We should all just send SR reports through "as is"--- then the hospitals (who really pay the bills, etc.) would see what they are getting by agreeing to SR reports.  So will the "big shots" who think it takes so much less time to complete these reports. ...

MTs Fight Back And Win
Oct 21, 2014

http://makeitourupmc.org/2014/10/when-we-stand-together-we-win/ ...

Start Letting Our Schools Fight For Us!!
Aug 22, 2010

I just sent an email to the school I graduated from (Career Step).  I told them (they probably already know) HOW BAD IT HAS GOTTEN - replaced by cheaper East Indian so-called transcriptionists, no work, no benefits - give me a break!  Hopefully they have enough pull (and connections) to stand up for us, otherwise, they will be out of business soon too!  Let's stand up and fight.  WE ARE NOT TRAINED MONKEYS.  We have all studied and worked too hard for this to h ...

Are YOU Ready And Willing To Start To Fight Back
Jan 19, 2013

I have thought long and hard about this,  but obviously cannot do it alone.  According to this Website, we are at least 20,000 strong.  So many of us have watched this job go from one in which we were compensated for our hard work, DAILY continued education, ability to change with the times and dedication to the person on the other side of the reports we type,  to one of it BETTER be accurate, you BETTER do it faster or we WILL find someone else who will for less money than w ...

Anyone Have Good Tips To Fight The Drowsies While Working?
Jun 24, 2014

I've had a hard time the past few months with getting drowsy after sitting and working for even an hour.  I don't have sleep apnea and do get plenty of sleep at night, so I know that's not the problem.   I've tried coffee, tea, diet pop, chewing gum, lots of water, etc.  I usually end up resorting to a crunchy snack, which is not the best idea.  Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve for staying alert?  Thanks in advance! ...

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

Fatal Outsourcing.
Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html ...

This Is What I Don't Understand About Outsourcing
Jan 07, 2013

How can medical records which are so closely guarded in this country be sent to another country for transcription.  I think that most patients would be against having their sensitive medical information going to another country.  It doesn't seem that Mmodal could even outsource.  Is it because the public doesn't know? ...

Taxed For Outsourcing
May 08, 2013

...to those stiff tax penalties Obama was supposed to levy against companies that outsourced jobs?  If he, in fact, kept his promise, it doesn't seem like Nuance is bothered by it at all. ...

Outsourcing Coders
May 24, 2013

With all of this outsourcing of MT/Editors, what does the future look like for medical coders?  I have heard that Nuance has developed software to "assist" the coder.  My concern is that it is going to REPLACE the coder.  Any thoughts?  ...

Editorial Regarding Outsourcing
Aug 21, 2013

http://www.abqjournal.com/211443/opinion/unmh-outsourcing-an-economic-decision.html ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Outsourcing To Nuance
Jun 26, 2015

Just found out the hospital I work for, along with the rest of the hospitals in the group nationwide, is outsourcing everything to Nuance.  Does anyone besides a troll have anything good to say about Nuance? And what is this "grid" thing--quality incentives no matter how fast/slow you transcribe? If you don't want their benefits, do you get more cpl? ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...