A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

RAPID OUTSOURCING IMAGING - digilbert

Posted: Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone ever pass the mttest for Rapid Outsourcing Imaging???

I did not pass - a lot of us did not

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what ROI wants.

I did... - RADMT4EVER

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to really know the BOS 3 though. I had mine open the whole time and just referred to it for each question.

Mt-test is created by Career Step - Maggie May

[ In Reply To ..]
and is graded by their automated grader (companies pay them money to use it for job testing). I graduated with honors from CS (despite their automated grader) and have been working for over 8 years. I am good at what I do, and have NEVER been told that I am not. Yet I still never "pass" MTtest exams and am referred to CS for more training? I will no longer apply for work at any company that uses this piece of crap test.

There was an important post a while back - about the reasons SM

[ In Reply To ..]
why so many good MTs fail this test. It has nothing to do with your ability, it has to do with how you save and then go forward with the next part of the test. I think it also has something to do with going back and reviewing your answers before submitting. Does anyone remember this?

Don't use IE9 - CS grad

[ In Reply To ..]
On their forums, CS said Internet Explorer 9 is not compatible with many employment tests. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case any of you have used it and failed.

Paranoia runs rampant - geesh

[ In Reply To ..]
In stating that test takers are not following directions, it's the fault of the application because they fail?

the reality is some MT just aren't as smart and talented as they think they are. As an MTSO, I've heard "I've done this for xx many years and never had an issue." Then looked at their work and wondered HOW they managed to stay employed for xx years. Or there's the "I think those things are stupid so I'm not dealing with it." Again, if you can't follow directions, adhere to requirements, how have you stayed employed?

We're seeing the MT who can't really back up his/her estimation of his/her quality and worth finally being weeded out with enough really good people who DO know how to follow rules, work a schedule, and understand requirements are opinions.

Jumping off the soapbox.

I think MTTest is rigged as well. One solution - might be

[ In Reply To ..]

copy/pasting as you go along for reference, or taking screen shots for proof and then challenging the fail response with company.

did not pass - either

[ In Reply To ..]
22 years of radiology. Are you kidding me?

22 years means nothing - if you are not doing as they ask

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because you've done something for 22 years doesn't mean anything other than you know radiology terminology. They state several times throughout the testing process that they use BOS 3. Some of the questions are straight from the book.

They're obviously doing a good job of weeding out those who have stayed abreast of changes and not just those who continued to know how to spell.

was done straight out of the book - ladyd

[ In Reply To ..]
You are wrong, I did this test right out of the book along with several other MT's and know for a fact the answers were correct but still failed. I also have been doing transcription for 40 years 15 of which are radiology and do know what I am doing as well as the others who took this test.
interesting then - for those who were hired
[ In Reply To ..]
Because I know 3 people who were recently hired and their years of experience spanned 9 to 30. They all aced the test but made sure they referred specifically to the BOS in their possession.

I'm sure it's some big conspiracy though. Like they only are hiring brunettes or they want people who don't know how to pass a test just to show those who "know for sure" they passed it who's boss.

If you take and pass a test, and do it well, a company isn't going to sell you a book. They're going to hire you. But you guys keep on thinking that there's some major conspiracy, that MTSOs only want shoddy medical transcriptionists and ones who don̢۪t know a thing. I'm sure that's it. Has to be, right? Couldn't be that some transcriptionists just don't cut it, no matter how great they think they are.

BOS is another scam nm - Along with the AAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
kk
Anything the AAMT does - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
benefits only AAMT. From the days of the sorority sisters up to now, they know how to stack the deck.

As they ask? sm - Give me a break

[ In Reply To ..]
"they" change the rules to sell the lastest version of BOS.

What's more important, transcribing correctly OR making sure a comma is in the right place (according to BOS3)?
well - choices
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I guess that would depend on whether or not YOU wanted a job? You can kvetch and whine all you want about whether their rules are your rules but if it's what the company that you want to work for is asking for you do it; or you come to a forum and claim the testing site is somehow unfair.

scam to sell books - radmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Took test, know I passed, directed me to buy something. They should not be posting here.

ROI - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have 22 years of transcription, 10 being in radiology. I have taken their test about three times and never pass it, plus it is when I really thought that I did.

I agree sm - I know my stuff

[ In Reply To ..]
I've typed radiology almost every day for 22 years and I didn't pass. I thought is was a scam too. After I "failed" the test, it directed me to another page. I didn't bother opening it.

did you get to the transcription portion? - open your eyes

[ In Reply To ..]
What do they have to gain by "scamming" people. Obviously, MTs work for them so there ARE MTs who have the total package of skills and not just think because they've done the same thing for 20 years it makes them qualified.

If you weren't sitting with the BOS on your lap or 100% familiar with it, you weren't going to get to the typing test.
yes sitting with the BOS - ladyd
[ In Reply To ..]
read the posts, I am not the only one who failed using the BOS!!!!!!

just because - pstmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I took their test last night (which took a long time because I had to use the Book of Style on each question to make sure it was correct), passed it, had an interview, and was hired today.

Just because you do not pass a test does not mean it is a scam. I think some of you really need to get over yourselves. I have failed a test or two over the years. We all do.

Similar Messages:

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC - Any Comments?
Mar 06, 2010

do not know what state.  Any info appreciated.  ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging Fact Or Fiction?
Oct 28, 2011

I was considering applying at ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging), but I heard they charge their IC MTs $50 per report error.  Are there any ROI MTs out there who could comment on this?  ...

Grayscale Imaging Or Gray-scale Imaging?
May 08, 2015

I've typed as one word for 25 years and now I'm being told to hyphenate.  I googled and see it both ways.  ...

ADC On Imaging?
Nov 12, 2009

magnetic resonance imaging demonstrated positive right temporal diffusion changes, negative in ADC, mildly positive in FLAIR without enhancement ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...

Orthopedic Imaging Help
Jan 11, 2012

Typing difficult dictator...speed talker.... Sentance reads: MRI shows the tibial eminence fracture but the ACL appears to be intact. There is no apparent increased signal for intracepts inter rupture.  "intracepts" is not making sense and I am not for certain that inter rupture is adquate...maybe I am just tired and my brain/ears are not functioning well...any help would be appreciated. ...

Radiology Imaging Consultants
Sep 30, 2010

Does anyone know about a company called Radiology Imaging Consultants?.  We have been told they are going to be our new Radiology Group starting Jan 1st.  We don't know if they use editors, if there is any actual transcription, etc.  Please help shed some light.  We were not told anything.  This is suppose to be hush hush... ...

PET Scan Imaging Report Terminology Help Needed!
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to paste the paragraph two words are located in that I'm having trouble with.  I am hoping that someone who is familiar with radiology terminology can help me out on this.  It sounds to me like the physician is saying:  subcurrent and precurrent.  I've gone to every source I can think of, but no luck in confirming that this makes any sense. Here's the paragraph: IMAGING EVALUATION:  PET CT scan done [___] reveals hypermetabolic adenopathy in ...

Cerner Imaging And Instant Text Issue
Apr 12, 2015

Hello, and thank you for being here :) Facility did an upgrade a few days ago.  Cerner Rad Imaging program is now giving me issues when insert IT macros - This message comes up when I attempt to insert any phrase or data that is lengthy - requiring i type all first initials of the sentence/phrase whereas before, if it was the only selection, my canned phrase would appear. MESSAGE: "cannot read from or write to clipboard (1-1603)" After many attempts, returns, backspaces, it finally spi ...

Knee Surgery; C-arm Imaging Was Used To Define The Appropriate Location At S/l Shottle's Point
Feb 13, 2013

x ...

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

Fatal Outsourcing.
Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html ...