A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Considering Spellex Medical Speller.... - looking for advise from those who use this....

Posted: Oct 27, 2014

What do you like or not like about it?   I see on their website you can get the "download" or a "physical shipment," which I guess means the disk.  Any recommendations on which is better ?

Thanks!  :)

I just order it for a new computer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just ordered it -- 15 day trial which they "expanded a bit." I did the download and their techs installed if for me after the trial. They are based in Tampa, so American techs. Only thing I was disappointed in was their word expander. In my opinion, Microsoft auto correct so EXTREMELY limited in my opinion.

Word expander? Didn't know it comes with one... - Well.....

[ In Reply To ..]
most of us already have autocorrect as part of Word...wonder why they would bother including that? Oh well, it's prob just a free add on? But you like the speller, right?

UGH! I mean advice......n/m - a little late in correcting but

[ In Reply To ..]
I HATE seeing my typos/mistakes right there in PRINT....

I use Spellex and it works great! - ladydianamt

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Spellex and it works great!

Similar Messages:

Which Stedmans Med Speller Works With Win XP?
Nov 20, 2012

. ...

Spellex Or Medispell - Any Opinions? Nm
Oct 27, 2014

xx ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Help - A Non-medical Word In A Medical Report
Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits" The sentence is He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture. Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss. Thanks,   ...

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

Medical/Rx
Dec 21, 2010

I did some searching for older posts, but cannot seem to find a very accurate answer.  Will someone share how the health insurance benefits are at MQ?  Do you have to produce so many lines to qualify for insurance?  Do they offer Rx coverage?  Is it affordable?  Oh, how long does a new employee have to work before obtaining insurance? Any answer (s) is greatly appreciated. ...

QT Medical
Feb 06, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on QT medical?  Thanks! ...

AP Medical
Mar 29, 2011

Has anyone heard of AP Medical in Pennsylvania.  Any info would be appreciated.  TIA. ...

Anyone In CA Who Is PT -- Do You Still Get Medical....
Aug 29, 2011

for PT?  I'm getting conflicting information from other employees, friends and my CCM.  CCM says no medical for PT and someone I know in HR says in CA you are eligible for medical for anything over 24 hours per week, albeit at a higher premium.   Yet another person says a company doesn't have to offer medical to anything less than FT.  Sigh......   ...

Another Medical Must, LLC
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone heard of this company? ...

Medical
Oct 04, 2012

Has anyone had any problems with medical issues with Nuance or Transcend either one?  Like if you had to miss  for doctors visits etc.  I do not want to go into details on here. ...

Medical INK
Apr 28, 2015

Anyone know if they assign you specific dictators or if you work from a pool? Also, is there a minimum daily line count? Thanks! ...

Medical Equipment
Nov 16, 2009

The patient should be on a s/l wearing program for his brace and s/l prayfolus.  Patient with flexion at the hips and knees and possible contractures. ...

Medical Acronym
Dec 02, 2009

Anyone heard of AYR?  What is it?  HELP! ...

Best Medical Dictionaries.
Dec 03, 2009

Does anyone know the best medical dictionaries to put in your computer. And of any other websites or links to quickly look up words in the fastest manner. ...

Scan Medical
Feb 04, 2010

Anyone that works for Scan Medical can you tell me how the work is there.  ...

Going From MT To Medical Coding
Feb 04, 2010

Any informatioin regarding medical coding and billing? I am thinking about going back to school. I recently lost my MT job. Thanks! ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

Medical Terminology
Mar 22, 2010

Tachy palpitations is this tachy/palpitations or tachy-palpitations or one word? ...

Advanced Medical
May 05, 2010

Any info on Advanced Medical Transcription?  I applied and want to know if I should go any further. ...

Medical Transcribers II, Inc
Jun 23, 2010

I have visited their web site and seen their new ad. I was wondering if anyone who visits this board has any work experience/history with them. TIA ...

I Just Saw An Ad For A Medical Scribe
Jun 25, 2010

I just saw an ad for a Medical Scribe.  The description is that the MT accompanies the doc from room to room to see patients, sits at the computer in the room and transcribes the H&P/procedure while doc is doing the exam.  Starting pay was $17/hr with full benefits.  Anybody ever heard of this?  I think it's a good idea, leaves the doc hands free to tend to the patient.  It sounds a little like being a court reporter as far as "live" dictation being done. ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Western Medical
Jun 23, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Western Medical and the MTPro software they are selling for $495.00. They are claiming to be hiring me, looks dicey. Rich ...

MTs Can't Get A Union Going But Medical Pot
Sep 20, 2010

nm ...

Medical Spellcheckers
Sep 28, 2010

I have been using a platform for the last 4 years that has the spellchecker.  Now I'm looking at work where I would need to have this.  I saw Stedman's is $99, ouch.  Then I saw some free medical spellcheckers, and some in between.  Anyone use the free software?  Is Stedman's worth the high price?  Any advice/feedback is appreciated!  ...

TT Medical Insurance
Dec 03, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about whether we're keeping the old insurance or getting a new company?  Shouldn't we have already heard by now?  Getting concerned.  With all this new healthcare crap, I've heard some companies (not MT necessarily) are electing not to offer coverage. ...