A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which Stedmans Med Speller works with Win XP? - Thanks - Angie

Posted: Nov 20, 2012

Stedmans Spellchecker - old and ancient MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Angie, Stedmans works with Windows XP. However,it may not work with some of the newer versions of Word and that is what you have to be concerned about.

THanks. I was surprized to find the new 2012 Stedmans Med Speller works with XP! - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Considering Spellex Medical Speller....
Oct 27, 2014

What do you like or not like about it?   I see on their website you can get the "download" or a "physical shipment," which I guess means the disk.  Any recommendations on which is better ? Thanks!  :)   ...

No More Stedmans!!!
Aug 16, 2010

Help!! I've been using Stedmans Smartype for years and the last version they released worked with Office 2003 and Windows XP.  We've upgraded computers and called them and they said they do not have any releases planned - They told me the product is essentially dead.    What other products does everyone use for medical based Word Expanders in MS Word?    ...

Stedmans Spellcheck
Jun 14, 2011

Curious if anyone knows where I can get a good price on the Stedmans Medical Spellcheck CD-ROM?  I am starting a new MT job at home and was thinking about purchasing this for my home computer. Thanks! ...

Stedmans - How To Turn It On?
Feb 09, 2012

I just installed spell checker. How do I turn it on? Can it be put on favorite bar or will it automatically spell check everything I do on the computer? Please help, new MT. ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Stedmans's - CD Or Book? What's Your Preference?
Dec 01, 2011

I'm in a position where I really need to break down and get other Stedman's besides my trusty Oncology Words.  What is everyone's preference - Stedman's on CD or the printed version/book? I'm thinking for me it will be beneficial time-wise to have it on CD.  Any thoughts?   Thanks in advance ;) ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

Having Trouble Using Stedmans Smartype With Windows 7/Suggestions For Other Software That Does The S
Aug 16, 2011

I tried loading my Stedmans Smartype on my new Windows 7 computer. It won't read it even with the addition of Windows 7 Pro which is supposed to read 32 bit programs. Any suggestions for new or different software to use? Or just suggestions for using the program with Windows 7 would be great. Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Hallelujiah - If The New DQS Works
Jan 20, 2010

New DQS will integrate with TeamWork, and only allow people to work when scheduled so that MTs don't go in off-schedule and take work forcing others into the cesspool.  Beta testing starts next week! Yay!!  ...

Can Someone Who Currently Works For Nuance
Jun 22, 2011

Am a current Webmedx employee and would like some information so as to prepare and make personal decisions for this "new chapter". Nuance QA, are they really mostly overseas employees as a previous post alluded to? Does Nuance have MT- or QA-only positions or do you take whatever is the next report you get in the queue (be it a report to QA, a voice rec report to edit, or a report to transcribe)? Do you work on a set of accounts or does everyone do every account? Sounds like t ...

Anyone Out There That Works For Imedx?
Oct 04, 2010

Hi, is there anyone out there that works for Imedx?   I just would like to know so I can talk to someone who works there.  I feel soooo alone while working there.  Thank you ...

Anyone Who Currently Works For SoftScript
Oct 12, 2010

I am wondering if anyone who currently works for, or has worked for, SoftScript can give me any information, pros and/or cons, on this Company.  I currently have a job but am looking for steady workflow.  I have an interview with SoftScript this week and do not want to leave my position unless it is for the better.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.  Please email me if you do not wish to post online. ...

Would Someone Who Works For ZYLOMED Please Let Me (sm)
Dec 28, 2010

email them and ask some questions.  It would be very much appreciated.  ...

Can Anyone Who Works At Proscript Tell Me
Sep 17, 2011

what their platform is like?  I was told it is like DQS.  I am just hoping it is very user friendly. ...

Someone Who Currently Works For Keystrokes
Oct 03, 2011

Can someone who currently works for keystrokes help me?  I wonder what their platform is, how their accounts are and just in general what they are like to work for.  I appreciate any help ...

Ok Maybe Remedy Works
Jul 26, 2012

I submitted an NJA the other day and today I have a new helper pool.  Has this happened to anyone else? ...

Anyone Here That Works On DQS And Has The 6.1 Version That Has Gotten A New
Apr 04, 2014

computer and did your expansion etc load okay when you switched computers.  I had to upgrade to windows 7 because XP is not longer HIPAA compliant and I am hoping my expanders get into the new computer okay when I load 6.1. ...

Looking For Someone Who Currently Works At Fenton
Jul 22, 2014

Need to know if Windows Vista will work with their platforms/software. Also would like to know required lines per day. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post. Thanks! ...

Inscribe - Anyone Out There CURRENTLY Works For Them
Dec 13, 2014

I did research the older posts about Inscribe, but I'd like to know if anyone out there CURRENTLY works for them, and what are your thoughts, good or bad? I received an e-mail invitation to apply, and I am hesitant based on what I've read in the past. Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

Anyone Who Works For FutureNet
Jan 28, 2015

Just looking for anyone who works for FutureNet. Wondering ins and outs/good and bad. I am supposed to talk to a recruiter soon. I did search Archives, but looking for very current opinions. TIA. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Anyone Who Works For Them Now?
Mar 03, 2010

I did a search and most of the postings for this company are old.  Anyone who works for them now?  It sounds like their platform leaves a lot to be desired.  Thanks everyone. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How Flex Time Works
Apr 11, 2010

at Medquist.  I may be taking a different job but kind of wanted to keep this just in case I hate it or the pay is even worse, though I doubt that will happen.  Is there a minimum?  Are you just on call for heavy times?  Just there for trades, etc.?  TIA ...

If Shorthand Works With EMDAT?
May 06, 2010

Can anyone tell me if shorthand works with EMDAT?  Thanks a lot! ...

Does Anyone Else Think A New Batch Of Mergers Is In The Works?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Landmark Questions For Anybody Else Who Works There!
Oct 07, 2010

Does anybody here work for Landmark? What is your line rate/range if I may ask?  Did anybody have a sudden pay cut recently? Do they have VR or not?  Their website says they do.  Do they offer new accounts to current employees before they hire new ones? ...

Isnt There One Person On Here That Works For JLG In FL.
Jun 15, 2011

Would like some info on this company. ...

Anyone Out There Works On The EditScript Platform
Jan 11, 2012

If anyone out there works on the EditScript platform, is there a shortcut key on the keyboard to get the autocorrect to build your shortcuts. ...

Does ANYONE Who Works For Precyse Solutions Like It There??
Jan 23, 2012

Any feedback on this company, good or bad, is appreciated ...

Does Anyone Who Works For MModal Have Just One Or Two Accounts?
Feb 23, 2012

How does anyone work like this?  What is there to care about and take pride in?  This is an evil company. ...