A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cloud Dictation - anon

Posted: Dec 16, 2012

Can anyone who has used this system for their own clients give me some input? Working on getting my own clients, but want to have a system in place to offer them instead of just winging it and seeing what they want to do. 

On the cloud dictation website (http://www.clouddictation.com/pricing.php),  there are 2 options I would be interested in: Starter and Local.  And is that going to kill me paying cents per minute on their call in?  Should I bill the docs for this? 

Sorry for all the questions, but it's so scary taking the plunge into the unknown.  It just looked simpler than an FTP, but maybe Im wrong? Wouldn't I have to purchase recorders for an FTP that I set up?  This would eliminate that need.  Thank you so much in advance!

keep looking - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used that service and lost dictation files that caused a lot of problems. Look for something that has been in business longer than this one.

I lost a personal cilent and one of my contracts lost a huge one - because of cloud dictation -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Echoey sound, cuts out during the recording, problems with dictations getting lost or incomplete. They were great at first, but I believe they took on too much too soon and their servers can't handle it. It was a daily occurrence, sometimes multiple times, that they had issues. Great concept, but I think they are over their head. They also will only allow a dictator x amount of time and then abruptly cuts them off, no warning, no beep. They will not lengthen the time either.

I have the same problem with Webshuttle. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Any call-in systems better? IDigital is expensive.

Dictation - me

[ In Reply To ..]
It is prefered by physicians just to have your own dictation system, and you can FTP the reports back. I have a DigiTel system consisting of 4 components, including FTP, that is reasonably prices compared to my other systems. When you use platforms, not only is there a perceived security risk and the fact it is not guarded on site, but they nickel and dime you to death, rounding out minutes of dictation even if they are only a few seconds long, which happens in my case. You can purchase a compatible system that lets you increase ports as your business increases, such as 2-port, 4-port, 8-port up to a several hundred port system depending on your needs. You will also want to purchase a service contract with this, usually the first year is free but not always.

Good luck!

Keep the ideas coming! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Digitel seems way too expensive, and has a few awful reviews on this site. Am I right that it's around 2,000? When you refer to ports, do you mean the number of clients? I do agree with you and other posters about having a system set up though. It'd be great to tell the docs- this is what I have. But I'm wondering if some will not want to change what they are used to anyway, so maybe I'm over researching this for nothing. It's just so hard. I've been looking into this whole issue for months now and I just can't seem to figure out the best option.

When I do finally get set up, I'm determined to post a detailed explanation for other MTS on how I was able to do it for all of those MTs who want to do the same. This is out of a huge gratitude for this site and for all of you awesomely helpful people on here!! :)

Cloud Dictation - bwood

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been using Cloud Dictation since July and have had nothing but great service from them. NO lost jobs, very good quality audio, and quick answers to any questions. The pricing is really good for us, as we were using an analog system and paying very high bills each month for toll-free and for phone access lines.

pricing question for cloud - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you give me an example of what you pay/ and number of hours dictated weekly? Did you go with the 1.5 c/per min and local calling??
TIA!

cloud - Boo

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been using cloud for over a year and never had an issue with quality or lost files. They have always responded to my inquiries quickly (keep in mind they are in CA - if time difference). Was paying flat rate with another service at almost 700 a month. I've cut that by 75% for same volume with cloud. And they can provide FTP to get your voice files at very little or no cost. I have mine set up that multiple docs in one office have same ID number, as same MT does all that office. They can set it all up in a day or so for you.

I probably wouldn't charge client for this - just factor it into your line pricing to make a profit.

Buying recorders for docs is expensive and time consuming, and offices have different internet/security issues you have to overcome. Most will call you with every question on recorder, so be sure YOU know everything about model to help them get set up or deal with issues of recording.

For me, saying "this is what I have available" was waaaaay easier than asking "what do you want?" and things getting complicated. If all they have to do is pick up a phone and talk, it's simple for both of you and less things to go wrong.

Good Luck!

Dictation Id's not working - bwood

[ In Reply To ..]
Has anyone using Cloud Dict had any issue today? 7-16

We are suddenly getting message that says dictation id cannot be authenticated.

Have contacted tech support, but no response yet. And have contacted Team.

This is the first time in over a year of use that I have not received a prompt response.

working now - bwood

[ In Reply To ..]
They got it all resolved and quickly.

One note, Cloud has always done a good job for us in our small volume situation.

I move from an analog system (DVI) and the toll free was costing me nearly $2k per month and the office to house the 22 phones lines was costing me $650 + utilities.

Now my average is less than $250 and good service.

Similar Messages:

CLOUD DICTATION Anyone Using This For Clients
Apr 26, 2015

Hello   I was looking into using this Cloud Dictation system because it seems to mirror the Digital Dictate/Digital Delegate system commands so not a big change for the clients.  Has anyone here been using this?  The last posts I could find were from 2013 so just wondering.  If not this system, any other system working?  I have the older Digital Dictate system from NCH but can't seem to get ANY HELP OR QUESTIONS ANSWERED from them on to upgrade or not to upgrade. ...

Having A Brain Cloud
Dec 10, 2009

Ever have one of those days when you just cant think? Doing a report and for some reason I am not sure what header to put hypertension under in the review of systems. Help??? Thanks ...

Call-in Cloud Systems
Jul 09, 2014

I need a small call-in option on the cloud for some clients.  I don't want the expense of buying a system and having a bunch of phone lines into my house.  Can anyone recommend a fairly priced cloud option? Thanks! ...

H & P Dictation
Oct 22, 2011

Physician dictates, "Patient underwent a s/l urectral stent.  Any ideas anyone?  Thank you.  ...

EMR Dictation
Mar 15, 2013

How do you charge your physician for putting information into EMR?  Do you charge per patient?  per hour?  What is a fair price?  ...

How Do You Get Your Dictation?
Jul 16, 2013

How do you get your dictation? ...

Dictation App
Aug 06, 2014

I think it is safe to say that we can expect even worse sound quality now that the doctors are using a dictation app. I can say I have already noticed this on my accounts. Remember when doctors were encouraged not to dictate on their cell phone? Now it is being encouraged! Hard to believe MM cares about quality.... ...

BL Dictation
Oct 08, 2014

OK just putting a little lightness in the air, as I NEED IT.  Does BL, and you will know who I am talking about perhaps, have a hairball problem?  LOL!   ...

Dictation
Nov 04, 2014

Dear Doctor/Physician/Dictator Can you please dictate the report as if it was YOUR family member that the report is about? ...

HELP With Cardio Dictation
Oct 14, 2009

Please help if you can! The doctor is talking way too fast, I can't even understand it when I slow it down... I'm hearing the following:  "Patient had fiberoptic *****. ?Internal? tracheostomy was ******." Also having trouble with the following:"...interrupted 6-0 Prolene. The ****** were noted at completion of the repair and then the wound was irrigated and closed with interrupted 3-0 Dexon and running 4-0 nylon." Thanks   ...

Cardiology Dictation
Nov 30, 2009

The dictator is naming medications. One of them sounds like Colife, but when I research it I find nothing. Does anyone know what this medication could be? ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

Pet Dictation Peeve
May 25, 2010

Ooooh!  This gets me.  This is an NP who is dictating acute care - "The patient comes in with a diagnosis of non-insulin dependent diabetes 'myelitis'."  Puhleeze!  The same dictator pronounces "organomegaly" as "organomeglea."  It's like hearing someone scratching their fingernails down a blackboard.  Shouldn't these people have had enough schooling to be able to sound out words?! ...

Emotional Dictation
Jul 12, 2010

Just had a dictator sobbing and choking up while dictating on an AML toddler with a poor prognosis.  Dictation was still clear enough, but it was hard to keep from not choking up myself.  If I was an MD, that would be the part of the job I don't think I would be able to handle. ...

Yawning Over The Same Bit Of Dictation
Sep 12, 2010

Had to leave a blank due to yawn (the doc, not me, although this can be a snooze fest at times).  I was hoping to fill in the blank later on when I got to the assessment.  Darn if the doc didn't yawn again over the same thing.  What are the chances of that?  Oh, well. ...

Charging For EMR Dictation
Sep 21, 2010

Does anyone know the standards for charging for dictation into an EMR (SOAPware).  There's really no way to check line count.  Do you charge by how many minutes are dictated?  I'm in a quandry and think I'm being taken advantage of.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Clinical Dictation
Oct 29, 2010

Opinions, please. Does anyone know if it's possible to get work at home employment doing clinical dictation only?  If so, do you think it's possible with only basic medical transcription training? ...

Dictation On Urology
Nov 15, 2010

transcribing dictation on urology.  Rectal: On digital rectal exam, the prostate is flass without firmness or nodularity. I can't seem to make out if the doctor is saying flass or flash or flac. He is definitely saying without firmness or nodularity. ...

Understanding Dictation
Jan 04, 2011

Thanking you ...

Quality Of Dictation
Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else? ...

800 Number For Dictation
Jun 13, 2011

Does anyone use a good 800 service for multiple dictators (5-10)?  Wading through the info on the web is really confusing so I figured I would go with a referral. TIA.     ...

InScribe? More Than One Job In Dictation...
Jun 06, 2011

Just learning the ropes with InScribe and have a question.  If a job/file has more than one letter/note in the dictation and you have saved the first one, how do you clear the screen for the next letter?  I tried selecting next field but that didn't work.  I'm supposed to save each one separately so...any help would be greatly appreciated.   I did follow the instructions from the tech guy and it made a copy of the 1st letter but still didn't see where to ...

Dictation Systems
Jun 27, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Phone-In Dictation System by Dictran.  They advertise a Just-Getting-Started Special for $3,995.00.  I would appreciate some input from someone before investing that much money, or does anyone know of another phone-in system where the doctors don't need any special equipment, just a telephone to call in their dictation?  Thank you for any assistance.  ...

Difficult Dictation
Jul 12, 2011

Can someone please advise how to handle one physician in practice who mumbles and rambles?  I believe someone has spoken to him before, but it has not gotten better.  I have many years of experience, but must leave many blanks in his dictation.  This is very frustrating and time consuming for me.  Thanks ...

Echo Dictation
Jul 23, 2011

For those who work with echo dictation -  from what I understand, it's useful for straight transcribing, but does it work in VR? I'm thinking of investing in it, but can't understand how it would be useful in a VR program, which is where everything will be in just a few years.  I would think it wouldn't work in a non-Word program since you can't cut and paste, and even if it did, you'd be editing twice.  Thanks for any info! ...

Podiatrist Dictation
Aug 14, 2011

s/l "plantar tool of the right heel" Thanx in advance ...

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...

Dictation Quality
Jul 17, 2012

Why is it always the massively long jobs that have to have horrible dictation quality or horrible dictation?!? M*Modal's dictation system leaves something to be desired under the best of circumstances, but it always seems the long ones are particularly awful, or maybe that's just my luck! :( ...

MT Job Dictation Test
Nov 08, 2011

My apologies, it won't happen again. ...