A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dictation on Urology - lena

Posted: Nov 15, 2010

transcribing dictation on urology. 

Rectal: On digital rectal exam, the prostate is flass without firmness or nodularity. I can't seem to make out if the doctor is saying flass or flash or flac. He is definitely saying without firmness or nodularity.

flat? - nycmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Can you hear flaccid??? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Can I hear flaccid? - lena

[ In Reply To ..]
No definitely sounds like flass, but I was wondering he was shortenting the term flaccid and just saying flac.

Personally I would blank it. Never heard flaccid - shortened before. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I hear "prostate was smooth and flat" all of the time. I would've put "flat" - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

flat - .

[ In Reply To ..]

Would someone please ask the School what the correct word is - Been around since 2009 with no definitive answer

[ In Reply To ..]

I am not putting anyone down, I just was wonder:  Is this a trick question by the school?

It has been around since May of 2009 and NO ONE has ever gotten the answer.  

Would someone please ask the school so we can put this question to rest once and for all.

Posted: Nov 11th, 2009 - 12:57 pm

I am having extreme difficulty with a dictation. I have read some other post, but when I ask a transcription advisor at Allied, if in fact the doctor is saying "flat", I'm told no. Anyone have any idea what is being said? The sentence is " On digital rectal exam the prostate is (flat, flas, flaccid) without firmness or nodularity."

i don't think it's flas or flaccid. - nycmt

[ In Reply To ..]
i've typed "the prostate was smooth and flat with no areas of nodularity" or "prostate flat" or "RECTAL: Flat prostate" 10,000 times over 15 years.

Similar Messages:

Urology Help Please
May 23, 2013

Ureteroscopy, stone extraction, renoscopy procedure.     ....on the left appeared to show possible s/l "acousion" in the renal pelvis.     I "think" he is trying to say acoustic, as in an acoustic shadow.  Any form of the word "acoustion" I cannot verify.  Am I completely off base here?  Any ideas? ...

Urology Help
Jul 16, 2014

Obstruction was confirmed by urodynamic testing. Patient had good _______ (s/l "letresure) function. She underwent abdominal sacrocolpoxpopexy...    Thanks for any help. ...

Do You Capitalize Urology?
Jul 30, 2010

I need help with capitalization. I have myself confussed with some of the ruling for departments and services.  With this sentence: The perineum and vagina were prepped and draped and the ureteral stent was placed by urology service.  Do you capitalize urology?  Thank you ...

PSA Values-urology
Apr 25, 2011

Ok.  I have a question about how to properly transcribe PSA values.  In every previous job I have had transcribing urology notes, I was told that if they give you a single number like 1,2,3..to transcribe it as 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.  I would get in trouble if I left off the .0 after the number.  I also think this looks better on paper.  However, my editor on this account (who I think is very old-school) says to leave the .0 off.  What do you guys think? I already had ...

Urology Consult
Jun 10, 2011

Epididymides are nontender.  He has pain with inguinal hernia examination.  He has pain with cord manipulation.  He has pain with manipulation of _______ tendon and insertion.  SL gastroc? ...

Urology Procedure
Jul 17, 2014

"On transrectal ultrasound and prostate biopsy his ________ (s/l "line urge") was 74.36 cc," ...

Urology - Haman Sounds?
May 10, 2010

I'm transcribing a urology procedure note.  The patient has a urethral stricture and doc is doing a cystoscopy.  He states he "dilated the stricture with s/l Haman sounds". TIA for any help! ...

Urology/nephrology Word
Jan 18, 2012

Direct Microlaryngoscopy - Urology
Aug 30, 2012

I am doing a direct microlaryngoscopy report.  Could this be right?  It sounds exactly like urology. A urology 30 degree endoscope was used to complete the examination.  This was placed in the tumor identified.     Thanks! ...

Urology Op - Stent Replacement
Jun 26, 2015

Need help on urology op report.  Both blanks below sound like "crawl".  Does this fit? Thanks......  A 0.03 guidewire was passed up the stent and allowed to _____ on the upper pole. The guidewire was again replaced and a 7-French x 24 double J was placed over the guidewire and allowed to _____ on the renal pelvix and bladder.      ...

Pediatric Urology Procedure Term
Dec 14, 2009

This is a letter from a peds urologist re: a child almost 1 year old. I was able to see_____in our Pediatric Urology Clinic for follow up after her repeat s/l "De-hooks"  procedure which was done in August of 2009. Her postoperative ultrasound revealed no significant hydronephrosis and her known right smaller than left kidney. ...

Urology Op File, What Does TUBE Stand For?
Jun 12, 2015

This is a urology op report, and this account has strict expansion of all abbreviations, but i cannot find what TUBE stands for.  He spells it out very clearly.  It is not TURP or TURBT..... Im guessing transurethral bladder excision, but i have no clue.  Help!  ...

Urology, MD Says Urned/earned Infertility Expert.? Nm Tia
Nov 09, 2009

nm ...

Urology Help. S/l Beevuan Needle For Fistula Repair
Apr 23, 2012

Would really appreciate any help with this "needle" please.  A child is having a fistula repair.  Thank you.   Next, 1% Xylocaine with 1:100,000 epinephrine was infiltrated subcutaneously around the subcoronal fistula site for hemostasis and a circular incision was marked around the fistula tract.  This incision was made with a 15 scalpel blade superficially through the epithelium only.  Using 6-0 PDS sutures on a * s/l beevuan* needle as traction sutures, the surroundi ...

S/l "ocalgia" After A Hernia Repair In A Urology Report
Jul 07, 2011

Please help!  I'm finishing up a urology report and the MD is saying the patient had s/l "ocalgia" after a hernia repair.  Can't seem to find anything remoted similar to this after a bunch of searches! Much appreciated! ...

Urology Op Note...very Clearly Says "Versi Stent" But I Cannot Find This..sm
Jul 02, 2012

Has anyone heard of this.  He is pretty clear... 4.7-French versi stent was inserted.  Any help appreciated! TIA! ...

Urology - Has Anyone Heard Of An "S Wall"? The Sentence Is ...
Dec 21, 2010

The patient has opted for a simple right S wall.  This is a patient with a right renal pelvic calculus. ...

"proctile De Fugay"??? Urology.
Nov 25, 2009

New to Urology, can't find this word looking up every where.  Something about post-coital rectal pain.....TIA! ...

Urology, "urodynamic Showed No LAV"?
Dec 09, 2011

XX ...

H & P Dictation
Oct 22, 2011

Physician dictates, "Patient underwent a s/l urectral stent.  Any ideas anyone?  Thank you.  ...

EMR Dictation
Mar 15, 2013

How do you charge your physician for putting information into EMR?  Do you charge per patient?  per hour?  What is a fair price?  ...

How Do You Get Your Dictation?
Jul 16, 2013

How do you get your dictation? ...

Dictation App
Aug 06, 2014

I think it is safe to say that we can expect even worse sound quality now that the doctors are using a dictation app. I can say I have already noticed this on my accounts. Remember when doctors were encouraged not to dictate on their cell phone? Now it is being encouraged! Hard to believe MM cares about quality.... ...

BL Dictation
Oct 08, 2014

OK just putting a little lightness in the air, as I NEED IT.  Does BL, and you will know who I am talking about perhaps, have a hairball problem?  LOL!   ...

Dictation
Nov 04, 2014

Dear Doctor/Physician/Dictator Can you please dictate the report as if it was YOUR family member that the report is about? ...

HELP With Cardio Dictation
Oct 14, 2009

Please help if you can! The doctor is talking way too fast, I can't even understand it when I slow it down... I'm hearing the following:  "Patient had fiberoptic *****. ?Internal? tracheostomy was ******." Also having trouble with the following:"...interrupted 6-0 Prolene. The ****** were noted at completion of the repair and then the wound was irrigated and closed with interrupted 3-0 Dexon and running 4-0 nylon." Thanks   ...

Cardiology Dictation
Nov 30, 2009

The dictator is naming medications. One of them sounds like Colife, but when I research it I find nothing. Does anyone know what this medication could be? ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

Pet Dictation Peeve
May 25, 2010

Ooooh!  This gets me.  This is an NP who is dictating acute care - "The patient comes in with a diagnosis of non-insulin dependent diabetes 'myelitis'."  Puhleeze!  The same dictator pronounces "organomegaly" as "organomeglea."  It's like hearing someone scratching their fingernails down a blackboard.  Shouldn't these people have had enough schooling to be able to sound out words?! ...