A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

yawning over the same bit of dictation - steady eddie

Posted: Sep 12, 2010

Had to leave a blank due to yawn (the doc, not me, although this can be a snooze fest at times). 

I was hoping to fill in the blank later on when I got to the assessment.  Darn if the doc didn't yawn again over the same thing. 

What are the chances of that?  Oh, well.

Yawning - jeannieb

[ In Reply To ..]
The chances must have been pretty good. That is so frustrating. It has happened to all of us.

Which leads to another coincidence: 72.127% of - Poppy

[ In Reply To ..]
the time we yawn 2 words later. :)

Similar Messages:

Yawning Dictator
Jun 17, 2010

This ANP who is dictating can't make up her mind what she wants to say and constantly corrects herself and then keeps yawning, but doesn't stop the recording or even stop speaking while she's yawning.  It's annoying me PLUS it's making me sleepy now myself. More coffee, please!!!! ...

YAWNING AND DICTATING
Jul 13, 2010

I very seldom vent or complain, but it has just got to me today.  This surgeon does such good dictation, EXCEPT when he yawns and continues to dictate.  How in the world does he think we can understand him when he does this.  It is not a little yawn either.  It almost makes me shutter when he does it.  I am sorry, I just had to finally vent after listening to him for 10 years. ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Yawning Doctors....
Oct 22, 2012

do they really think they can be understood when they dictate while they're yawning?!  I did a dictation last week where the dictator yawned about 5 long ones and I couldn't get most of what they were saying...and here I have her again today and she's doing the same thing!  Yeesh!  At least quit talking!!!  :) ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...

Love It When They Dictate Yawning
Oct 10, 2010

Just need a breather.  Or IV tranquilizers.  In the middle of a 25-minute dictation by a sleepy, yawning, slurring, ESL - we're not talking an endoscopy or hernia repair, it's a brain surgery, and I'll be darned if I can understand a word.   More blanks than anything else.  I would love him to just hear himself when he's awake.  Just listen to himself and ask himself how anyone could possibly understand a word.  I only hope he wasn't as ...

H & P Dictation
Oct 22, 2011

Physician dictates, "Patient underwent a s/l urectral stent.  Any ideas anyone?  Thank you.  ...

EMR Dictation
Mar 15, 2013

How do you charge your physician for putting information into EMR?  Do you charge per patient?  per hour?  What is a fair price?  ...

How Do You Get Your Dictation?
Jul 16, 2013

How do you get your dictation? ...

Dictation App
Aug 06, 2014

I think it is safe to say that we can expect even worse sound quality now that the doctors are using a dictation app. I can say I have already noticed this on my accounts. Remember when doctors were encouraged not to dictate on their cell phone? Now it is being encouraged! Hard to believe MM cares about quality.... ...

BL Dictation
Oct 08, 2014

OK just putting a little lightness in the air, as I NEED IT.  Does BL, and you will know who I am talking about perhaps, have a hairball problem?  LOL!   ...

Dictation
Nov 04, 2014

Dear Doctor/Physician/Dictator Can you please dictate the report as if it was YOUR family member that the report is about? ...

HELP With Cardio Dictation
Oct 14, 2009

Please help if you can! The doctor is talking way too fast, I can't even understand it when I slow it down... I'm hearing the following:  "Patient had fiberoptic *****. ?Internal? tracheostomy was ******." Also having trouble with the following:"...interrupted 6-0 Prolene. The ****** were noted at completion of the repair and then the wound was irrigated and closed with interrupted 3-0 Dexon and running 4-0 nylon." Thanks   ...

Cardiology Dictation
Nov 30, 2009

The dictator is naming medications. One of them sounds like Colife, but when I research it I find nothing. Does anyone know what this medication could be? ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

Pet Dictation Peeve
May 25, 2010

Ooooh!  This gets me.  This is an NP who is dictating acute care - "The patient comes in with a diagnosis of non-insulin dependent diabetes 'myelitis'."  Puhleeze!  The same dictator pronounces "organomegaly" as "organomeglea."  It's like hearing someone scratching their fingernails down a blackboard.  Shouldn't these people have had enough schooling to be able to sound out words?! ...

Emotional Dictation
Jul 12, 2010

Just had a dictator sobbing and choking up while dictating on an AML toddler with a poor prognosis.  Dictation was still clear enough, but it was hard to keep from not choking up myself.  If I was an MD, that would be the part of the job I don't think I would be able to handle. ...

Charging For EMR Dictation
Sep 21, 2010

Does anyone know the standards for charging for dictation into an EMR (SOAPware).  There's really no way to check line count.  Do you charge by how many minutes are dictated?  I'm in a quandry and think I'm being taken advantage of.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Clinical Dictation
Oct 29, 2010

Opinions, please. Does anyone know if it's possible to get work at home employment doing clinical dictation only?  If so, do you think it's possible with only basic medical transcription training? ...

Dictation On Urology
Nov 15, 2010

transcribing dictation on urology.  Rectal: On digital rectal exam, the prostate is flass without firmness or nodularity. I can't seem to make out if the doctor is saying flass or flash or flac. He is definitely saying without firmness or nodularity. ...

Understanding Dictation
Jan 04, 2011

Thanking you ...

Quality Of Dictation
Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else? ...

800 Number For Dictation
Jun 13, 2011

Does anyone use a good 800 service for multiple dictators (5-10)?  Wading through the info on the web is really confusing so I figured I would go with a referral. TIA.     ...

InScribe? More Than One Job In Dictation...
Jun 06, 2011

Just learning the ropes with InScribe and have a question.  If a job/file has more than one letter/note in the dictation and you have saved the first one, how do you clear the screen for the next letter?  I tried selecting next field but that didn't work.  I'm supposed to save each one separately so...any help would be greatly appreciated.   I did follow the instructions from the tech guy and it made a copy of the 1st letter but still didn't see where to ...

Dictation Systems
Jun 27, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Phone-In Dictation System by Dictran.  They advertise a Just-Getting-Started Special for $3,995.00.  I would appreciate some input from someone before investing that much money, or does anyone know of another phone-in system where the doctors don't need any special equipment, just a telephone to call in their dictation?  Thank you for any assistance.  ...

Difficult Dictation
Jul 12, 2011

Can someone please advise how to handle one physician in practice who mumbles and rambles?  I believe someone has spoken to him before, but it has not gotten better.  I have many years of experience, but must leave many blanks in his dictation.  This is very frustrating and time consuming for me.  Thanks ...

Echo Dictation
Jul 23, 2011

For those who work with echo dictation -  from what I understand, it's useful for straight transcribing, but does it work in VR? I'm thinking of investing in it, but can't understand how it would be useful in a VR program, which is where everything will be in just a few years.  I would think it wouldn't work in a non-Word program since you can't cut and paste, and even if it did, you'd be editing twice.  Thanks for any info! ...

Podiatrist Dictation
Aug 14, 2011

s/l "plantar tool of the right heel" Thanx in advance ...

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...