A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

quality of dictation - rap

Posted: Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else?

Nature of life--some good days, some bad - philosopher

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Dictation Quality
Jul 17, 2012

Why is it always the massively long jobs that have to have horrible dictation quality or horrible dictation?!? M*Modal's dictation system leaves something to be desired under the best of circumstances, but it always seems the long ones are particularly awful, or maybe that's just my luck! :( ...

Is It Me Or Does The Dictation Quality Of The Dictators Seem Worse These Days? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I've been at this almost 30 years and it seems that today's dictators just do not care.  Yes, there were dictators "back in the day" who mumbled, shuffled papers, dictated at the speed of lightning, etc., but it didn't seem like there were as many of them.  These days, it seems like nobody cares what they're dictating or how they're dictating it.  I've had dictators clearly read over a mistake in a template (expander mistake, wrong word, etc.,), they ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

From Below, About 99% Quality
May 22, 2011

slowly sinking here because my quality has always been 98-100 quality, years and years. Now, however, I am expected to maintain 99% quality, on a hideously difficult account, but I must also maintain my LPH. In other words, I have to listen to reports on the fastest speed I can to get my LPH yet maintain some form of quality. The reports go to QA who in turn listen at the slowest possible speed to give errors for not including 'the' and mind you this cannot even be heard unless you ...

DQS 7 Quality
Jun 13, 2012

What is everyone's opinion about the new speech engine?  I'm not talking about the user side....I mean the quality of it's speech recognition.  I thought it was supposed to be so much better, but I'm finding it to be terrible.  There are times when it leaves out 3 and 4 words and puts in words that are not even close (i.e., family history when the doc clearly says social history)!  That, and the sound quality SUCKS! Here's another example:  Dic ...

Quality 2.0
Oct 04, 2014

So this was the "exciting news" that we've all been waiting for? What a waste of time this was.  I nearly fell asleep. ...

New Quality 2.0
Oct 12, 2014

Fiesa score over 99%, however the new quality index less than 60.  I can see the writing on the wall. ...

New Quality Coach
Jun 09, 2010

Just got an email about getting a new quality coach.  This, of course, answers my question of why no emails for the past week from her.  I hope she didn't lose her job.  She was a really good coach, the best one I've had in the last 7 years, and wasn't one who corrected little things like punctuation in audits or things that made no difference in the report integrity.  She is one I will miss.  I only hope the new one is also with a strong QA ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Quality Alert Because Of Being Below 99%
Jul 21, 2010

Do they expect 99% now? ...

Quality Alert
Oct 13, 2010

I received a quality alert feedback that I had failed and wanted to know if anybody knew if this was an actual audit or what?  And if so, has this happened to anyone and what happens?  Thanks. ...

Quality Audits-sm
May 02, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.  I received a quality audit on 4/25 on my audit, which I passed at 98.3% (had one icky one in there).  Then on 4/29 got another email of an audit of 5 reports, did not give a total score, but they were all pretty darn good (3 at 100%, 1 at 98, 1 at 98.75).  Then on 4/30, another email, they checked 3 more reports (all those above 98% too).  But what is going on, are they searching for something bad?  Are they doin ...

Do Any Companies Pay For QUALITY?
Sep 05, 2011

I have many years of experience and check my work very carefully, which obviously takes more time than people who put through crap and don't bother to edit whatever the speech engine throws their way. Do any companies pay for quality over quanitity?  I do meet the minimum line counts. ...

Can The Sound Quality
Sep 07, 2011

I've done this account forever and even the guys who were always clear now sound like they are dictating through a wet paper bag, with pebbles in their mouths.  Have they switched to India Bell? ...

Quality Training
Sep 21, 2011

I have seen on this board how important quality training is.  I have also seen the Andrews School mentioned.  Can anyone else offer any information, good or bad, regarding training programs so us wannabe's dont make a mistake selecting a program?  Any that you woul recommend taking or staying away from? Thanks ...

I Don't Think MModal Wants Quality From Its MTs
Feb 20, 2012

When the clients then complain, I can just see them pushing their EPIC or whatever fast-food medical record software they have and saying, "see, our software has less errors than the transcriptionists."  ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

How Can They Preach Quality When They
Oct 15, 2012

What a joke. ...

Acceptable Quality Now 99.3?
Dec 11, 2012

they raised the bar again? 99 was impossible now it has to be 99.3? ...

Quality And Quantity, Is It Possible?
Apr 28, 2013

I just got a warning for my LPH being too low, and possible termination if I don't increase them right away.  I was taking time to double check my reports and making sure all blanks were filled in, rarely had blanks. With the threat of termination, I have been trying to focus more on quantity. Now I have been going through each report once and hit send.  I have seen example reports from MTs who have great LPH, but I have seen the minor mistakes that come with them too. ...

Quality Essay
May 01, 2013

Is anyone having a problem coming up with words to write up a quality essay? They gave us the outline and everything, but they mention all their great tools, and I think of the report look up with all the errors, and think... Is this the quality you wanted?   I wanted to mention that penalizing us for QA use promotes poor quality, that putting us on a gazillion accounts promotes poor quality!   I guess I am just feeling to crabby today to write an essay. I just wish they did a ra ...

Is There No Standard Of Quality In QA?
Sep 17, 2013

i am on 100% QA and am constantly confused.  I am corrected for things, ask my coach.  She tells me QA is correct.  Then when I change it how she says to I get it changed back to the way I was doing it before~!  I love Fluency, i am amazingly fast at it but i think QA will ultimately do me in...for doing what i'm told to do...GRRRRR ...

Quality Improvement IQ, Anyone?
Sep 26, 2013

OMG, what a waste of time.  It is as if they have finally now just discovered what we have have been dealing with all our professional  lives (and what they cannot manage to do correctly themselves). did you catch it?  duh. ...

QC Quality Corruption
Nov 16, 2013

I had to pend a report for multiple blanks (bad dictator with bad audio).  One of the blanks was for a drug, and I had a hunch what it was, but wasn't about to take a chance.  Checked FIESA.  QC dinged me .25 point for leaving a blank for the drug name they figured I should have got.   THEY filled in the blank with the drug name and misspelled it!  If I, on the other hand, had misspelled it, it would have been a critical 3-point error for me.   Go figure. ...

They Pay Us To Take A Quality Improvement Course
Nov 17, 2013

and then send us work comprised of reports from a different facility each time you download.  All these years and they still can't figure out that quality work comes from knowing your dictators and knowing your facility.  One has to wonder about the IQ's of management personnel. ...

Quality Getting Worse?
Jan 22, 2014

I had some horrible reports lately! I had one today that was horrid that I know will get me a big fat FIESA report! Also a few others that were really bad. Has anyone else noticed this? ...

Quality Audits . . .
May 22, 2014

99.7%???  Why don't they just make it 100% and get it over with?  Then they can get rid of everybody. ...

Trying To Do The Quality Improvement Course
May 26, 2014

I am trying to find the quality improvement course and can't find it in the mmodal intranet site.  It says to find POPULAR LINKS portlet then quality improvement but I can't even find the popular links portlet.  ARRGGGGHHHH! Anyone that has taken this before, can you please help me? ...

How Can You Doubt VR Quality?
Jun 09, 2014

When half pint of moonshine comes up as house painter from China? :D ...