A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Customer Service calls - Something I didnt know

Posted: Dec 20, 2010

I got this email from my friend.  I didn't know you could do this and have read a lot about customer service calls here so though it was interesting to post.

I want to ask each of you to consider doing  the following when you are talking on the phone to any US customer  service representative that is based in a foreign country (like  India ).  I have done this twice and it works!  Any time  you call an 800 number (for a credit card, banking, charter  communications, health insurance, insurance, you name it) and you  are transferred to a representative (like in India), please  consider doing the following:

After you connect and you  realize that the customer service representative is not from the  USA (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent),  please very politely (very politely - this is not about trashing  other cultures) say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service  representative in the United States of America ."  The rep  might suggests talking to his/her manager, but, again, politely  say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service  representative in the USA ."  YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY  CONNECTED to a rep in the USA .  It only takes less than one  minute to have your call re-directed to the USA .  Tonight  when I got redirected to a USA rep, I asked again to make sure -  and yes, she was from Fort Lauderdale .

Imagine if  tomorrow, every US citizen who has to make such a call and then  requests a US rep, imagine how that would ultimately impact the  number of US jobs that would need to be created ASAP.   Imagine what would happen if every US citizen insisted on talking  to only US phone reps from this day on.  If I tell 10 people  to consider this and you tell 10 people to consider doing this -  see what I mean...it becomes an exercise in viral marketing  101.  

Remember - the goal here is to restore  jobs back here at home - not to be abrupt or rude to a foreign  phone rep.  If you agree, please tell 10 people you know and  tell them to tell 10 people they know....etc...etc...

customer service rep for dell - SuziQ

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried this with Dell and was told they could not do that as it is an international company. I was transferred to 15 different people, asking each time for an american IT person, within a 2-hour period. Was having technical issues with a computer, and the IT people just couldn't understand that I had done the steps requested of me 14 different times (with each person). I finally hung up...and I will never buy another Dell computer for that very reason. Sooo...this does not work for all companies...only in a perfect world.

Now if only doctors would do that with their - dictations! ; )

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Refutation - LS

[ In Reply To ..]
This has been refuted by SNOPES

Doesn't matter - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't matter what Snopes says about it, I always ask for someone in the United States. I have a right to understand who I am talking to. If a company cannot provide me with a representative in the US, then I will not purchase their product anymore or use their credit card or whatever. It doesn't have to be a law for people to want to understand the people who they are talking to and demand so. I would suggest to everyone to ask for someone in the United States. With or without laws, if people stop buying products or using credit cards because they can't get service here in the US, then what do you think would happen?

Similar Messages:

Customer Service Representative
Jul 09, 2012

Just to let everyone know there has been an opening for awhile now for Customer Service Representative that pays about twice minimum wage, so if some of you are sick of typing and making very little, I would apply for this job. ...

OVERSEAS CUSTOMER SERVICE RANT
Feb 24, 2010

I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone trying to update my husband's old Net 10 cell phone to a newer model for his birthday.  All I wanted to do was to keep his current cell phone number and have both it and his remaining almost 500 minutes switched to the new phone.  Should be a problem, right?  WRONG!!!  Obviously the CS person was overseas, most likely India. She kept having computer problems and kept putting me on hold.  Finally after much frustration an ...

At-home Customer Service Jobs
Apr 07, 2012

I really want to get away from transcription, but I love working from home. I have heard a lot about customer service reps that work from home. Does anyone know annything about these jobs? I know the pay isn't great, but it is probably more than I am able to make now transcribing. I really want to stay at home and want to look into all options. ...

How Much Do You Think A Customer Service Position In A Hospital Pays On Average?
Nov 16, 2010

I am done.. I cant do this MT thing much longer.  It has killed my soul!  Im tired of feast or famine and no job security... no benefits... I have been applying for every job that pops up in the paper and online.. and I got a call back for an interview for a customer service position.  I wonder if this would pay much.  I guess it is good to get my foot in the door... , as I do plan on taking a medical coding class as soon as I can decide between Andrews and the AAPC course, ...

Remedy Self Service Portal - Is That The Same As Qcare Self Service?
Apr 06, 2012

x ...

Received Email From Customer Support Services S/m
Nov 11, 2009

stating "a new incident has been created for you # Description DQS user - QA rule What the heck does this mean?  There is no more information on the email.  Oh brother!  Its probably bad :-(   ...

WT* Received The Personalized Email About Blanks To Customer.
Nov 15, 2010

I got the email informing me that I am sending an average of too many blanks to the customer. I do my best job, use my 20+ years of experience, use every possible resource, do not type in a doctor's name in the body of a report that I cannot find in the database and the doctor does not spell and is not a run-of-the-mill name, leave a blank for anything that could get me in trouble with HIPPA if I am mistaken or could compromise patient care, QA can't get 90% of what I submit. I wonde ...

High Quality, Cost Effective And Customer Focused - Words That Spell Exploitation. . .
Nov 06, 2011

Am I the only one that feels this way??? Tell me, please, how do they expect us to make a living when they are paying squat to keep their cost of service down?? T ...

No Further Calls?
Mar 19, 2015

Just heard from my TSM there will be no further calls regarding this latest _____???? I am going to send this to QA so I can lock my 7 cents a line rate in since I had to leave a blank. This is getting so very old. ...

MxSecure Calls
Dec 14, 2010

Has anybody received their phone call about what their new schedule will be?   ...

Robo Calls
Apr 08, 2011

I used to work for Spheris/Medquist over a year ago. I received an automated call today from Medquist to reapply again. They claim they have a lot of work and need the help. I guess they have not figured out yet that MT's are leaving the field in droves. ...

MD2MD Calls??
Oct 08, 2013

Anybody get callback from MD2MD; and if so, had they already called your references? Anybody have any info on them; theyr'e out of California? ...

Conference Calls
Nov 19, 2014

Have you ever transcribed conference calls, and if so, how does it compare with medical trancription in terms of income, time consumption, etc.?  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.  ...

TWO PHONE CALLS
May 23, 2015

To your state's unemployment office if you were ever OOW AND your local labor dept. (How many times did you check email or FIESA on "production" time (unpaid)?  Wage theft times years?  ...

MDI-AAMC Conference Calls
Oct 15, 2009

Anybody here from MDI who have attended the weekly conference calls about AAMC.  I am a night owl and they always have the calls early morning.  ...

Imaginary Phone Calls.
Mar 04, 2010

Two phone calls that will never happen: RING-RING! MT: "Hello?" SUPERVISOR: "You @#$% lazy good-for-nothing. This report has two blanks in it! Why didn't you look them up?" MT: "Kwitcherbitchin, fool! You got exactly what you paid for!" RING-RING! MTSO: "Hello?" CLIENT: "You @#$% lazy good-for-nothings! This report has two blanks in it! Why didn't you look them up? MTSO: "Kwitcherbitchin, fool! You got exactly what you paid for!" ...

Does Anyone Here Remember The Conference Calls
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone remember the conference calls we had when transitioning to Transcend from MDI-MD regarding our line rates?  I can remember quite a few people being upset that after being told our rates would not change, many had their line rates cut.  And I specifically remember them saying that once our account went to VR, we would be getting 50% of our transcription rate.  Does anyone else remember this as well? Either I'm losing my memory or someone is playing games because o ...

Getting Calls From Medquist At All Hours
Nov 09, 2010

This is to all the people that get ticked off when MQ calls them to work.  I WOULD KILL FOR A CALL TO WORK AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT.  I have always said I am available 24/7, but with the "new and not improved" MQ there is really no one to tell that to, no one who truly cares -- about the client or the employee.  How wonderful it would be to feel needed again.  With so many of us vying over so few reports, the only feeling I get from them is "just quit, just quit, ...

Tired Of Waiting For Calls That Never Come.
May 27, 2012

I am so burned out and so tired of trying to get jobs here.  So many of these recruiters do not call when they say they will and a few just never called.  No explanations, no apology, like "Oh well they are only MTs, a dime a dozen and who cares if we do not call and fail to give them the courtesy you would any other worker."   I am just worn out and sick of trying, sick of doing all the testing and then having an interview where nothing ever happens.  I must admit Nuanc ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

Is Anyone Else Annoyed At All The Phone Calls From Schools?
Mar 11, 2010

You can't get some of the schools to stop calling you even after you tell them you've enrolled with another school and graduated, and have a job.  Is anyone else offended by the high-pressure tactics?  If a school has to keep calling and offering discounts and specials, that's a red flag, or is it just me?  I got my training years ago and I still can't get them to go away.  You expect that from those cheesy sales people trying to sell you whatever, but th ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Calls From MTSOs You Applied With Years Ago?
May 18, 2012

The first call I received was week before last from Future Net.  He said he got my name off of this board.  I posted my resume YEARS ago.  I swear, I could not understand half of what that man said.  He was worse than any ESL I have transcribed.  I did get that he was asking me if I was interested in a job.  When I asked him what it was for, he did not know!!  I told him I could not answer that question unless he could give me specifics.  He said he would ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Birthday And Now Doctor Calls In ALL His Work...
Jan 09, 2013

So I have been slower than usual this week, and he picks my birthday to bury me in a week's worth of work (along with my other accounts he knows)..... urgh. I see this physician as a patient, and they know.... gosh...darn. Where was he anytime last week or this week but today.... now canceled plans to eat dinner at the computer. ...

Command Health - So Many Phone Calls
Jun 16, 2014

So many phone calls, very pushy, rushed me to complete paperwork and software training, said my account would be VR, great bonuses, potential for 5.5 cpl, blah, blah, blah.  They called right before the day I would officially start to inform me that the account for which I was hired miraculously had no work left...an account I was told was swamped during phone interview.  They offered me a new account and everything discussed in our phone interviews (both with supervisor and HR) was completel ...

Just A Vent. Finally Having A Great Day And Then The Supervisor Calls
Nov 07, 2009

and asks me to help out an account I despise.  The odd thing is the account I was pulled to has less than 10 jobs available and the one I was pulled from has closer to 150.  Now how strange is that!!!!!!!! ...

Any News As To What The Spheris Conference Calls Are About Today?
Mar 11, 2010

anyone had theirs yet?   ...

M*Modal - Strange, Unwanted Phone Calls
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone else been getting strange recorded phone calls from M*Modal telling you to test for them? I keep ignoring them and yet they keep calling. I haven't tested for them in years and wouldn't work for them if they were the last MTSO left on earth. And the woman's voice who does the recording sounds like she is a robot or something from outer space, LOL! ...

On IPad Making Facetime Calls, Other Person Can
Oct 19, 2014

I know the volume is up, have checked settings and the volume there also up. Have tried rebooting and nothing has worked. Any suggestions? ...

Didn't He Say "nothing Would Change" In Our Acquisition Phone Calls
Oct 28, 2014

We would work the same he said.  Lies all lies.  One of my exclusives uploads throughout the day, the others all at once at the end of the day or their last patient.  How I am suppose to cover this in 4 hours from time of dictation and only work part time?  Did anyone record the transition to Nuance calls?  I'd love to play them back now.  **insert nasty language here** ...