A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ophthalmology surgery - jess-ca

Posted: May 24, 2011

It's a cataract surgery.

Hemostasis of the *sounds like limbo area was obtained using wet-field cautery.

Dictation is very quiet so I can't tell for sure.

Thanks in advance!

"limbal", maybe? (nm) - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmology Surgery HELP
Apr 16, 2014

Patient is having what sounds like some kind of eye surgery. Diagnosis sounds like: Upper "lido matic ecalasia" functionally limiting. Bilateral upper lid ptosis functionally limiting. HELP! ...

Ophthalmology Help Please
Jan 19, 2011

I just got a new client that is an ophthalmology group.  The doctor is saying, "Pachymetry measurements by ultrasound pachymetry are 508 microns OD and 510 microns OS.  ___________ are 46.5 x 47.2 flat meridian at 1 OD and 46.75 x 47.75 flat meridian at 1 OS." Where the blank is it sounds like K.A's or Cave's???  Is there such a thing.  I can't seem to find anything similar.  Your help is greatly appreciated. ...

More Ophthalmology
Oct 22, 2013

The patient is undergoing vitrectomy.  "Of note, the anterior segment, she did have significant nuclear ________ with cortical spoking as well as iris synechia inferiorly."  It sounds like "squadric" or something of that nature.    ...

Ophthalmology Question
Oct 17, 2009

I rarely ever get these types of reports and need help with how to type this sentence: His refractive error is a -0.50  +1.25 axis at 170. I do not know where/if to put commas, if it should be typed -0.50 plus 125 or -0.50 + 1.25, or as above sample. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Ophthalmology Books
Dec 09, 2009

The only ophthalmology book I am aware of is Stedman's.  Is there another one that is better?  I am only a little bit familiar with ophthalmology OP's and need a good book.  Thanks. ...

Ophthalmology Instruments
Dec 10, 2009

Replying to probably old message in Google.  Correct spelling of instruments commonly used in cataract extraction:  Utrata forceps, cystitome.  Procedure: capsulorrhexis.  ...

Ophthalmology Medication Help
Apr 23, 2010

The patient is to discontinue the s/l *Ocuvar* topical eye drops. Searching and cannot find this .. any suggestions? Tia ...

Help With Ophthalmology Terms
Jun 18, 2010

Need some help with these terms that are some type of eye surgery.  They are mentioned in the past medical history. Resident dictates what sounds like "rule-op-sis" to the right eye (spells this rulptoss, which I am sure doesn't spell anything!) and "lul-pop-tosis" to the left eye (spells this lulptosos, which also doesn't spell anything!).  I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have! I am on my last nerve with these students, residents, foreign doctors, etc., being ...

Questions About Ophthalmology Report Plz??
Oct 14, 2010

"Very pleased that the glaucoma surgery we did in the left eye is working well and the pressure is nice/tender (thats what it sounds like but not sure if its right) in the left eye and 16 in the right eye."    "The left eye showed a little bit of conjunctiva infection which may be due to the" s/l alfican or elfican? (He changed the patient then to Xalatan). Thank you for helping!!  ...

Opinions On Ophthalmology Transcription?
Dec 13, 2010

I've been editing and transcribing an ophthalmology account for a month now. I find it very difficult with many abbreviations and tests.  I also find it really hard to find things on the Internet related to same, unlike with the other specialties with which I'm familiar. Anyone else dislike ophthalmology as much as I do?   ...

Ophthalmology Word Site
Feb 07, 2011

Can anyone recommend an great opthalmology site to use for reference? ...

Ophthalmology Spelled Wrong Twice In Ad
Dec 27, 2011

Nobody cares anymore. ...

Ophthalmology Position Testing
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone tried testing for this?  I cannot get the file to upload into Express Scribe and the dictator is talking warpspeed!  If anyone would like to share how they did it, I would appreciate it! ...

Ophthalmology Exam S/l Dismaculan Vessels
Jun 15, 2010

The doc says "Retina examination shows normal _____ vessels." After having googled and googled, I wonder if he is saying disk macula and vessels or maybe disk-macula and vessels.  I have found a hyphenated "disk-macula" but only once, so I don't know whether to trust this or not. And it could be something else.  It could be "dis-something," but I just can't find anything that begins with "dis" related to eye anatomy. It could be "disk," which actually would make some sen ...

Know Of Any Good Ophthalmology Word Books?
Sep 22, 2010

I am looking for a great ophthalmology reference book, know any? Thanks ...

S/l Sung Examination- Ophthalmology Report
Nov 17, 2010

s/l "song or sung examination shows a clear transplant in the right eye and increasing nuclear sclerosis in the left eye." ...

Ophthalmology Is Such A Hard Word To Spell.
Jan 21, 2012

Even the job postings have it misspelled all the time.  Four consonents in a row is a tongue buster.  ...

Ophthalmology Word Sounds Like Secazer 50/50?
Dec 14, 2013

I am doing neuro-ophthalmology and it sounds like secazer 50/50???? I cannot find that word anywhere....HELP  thanks ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Ophthalmology....occupational Therapy.... Brock String And
Oct 28, 2009

nm ...

Ophthalmology- Right (s/l) Agenius Of Puncta And Canalicular System
Apr 27, 2010

The doc is giving me preoperative diagnosis. He says, right (s/l) agenius of right puncta and canalicular system.  I can't find this anywhere. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site For Ophthalmology Or Bone Marrow Transplant Info. TIA. Nm
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Type Of Hook For Ophthalmology... S/l Guis-Hopper Or Squeeze Hopper Hooks
Mar 10, 2010

x ...

Ophthalmology Word Nuclear Cataract Of S/l  "Polevoranes Varitey"
Jun 25, 2010

Doc dictates diagnosis as nuclear cataract of s/l  "Polevoranes varitey" ...

Ophthalmology - S/l "tension" Or "10" Schiotz?
Feb 09, 2010

xx ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...

Ear Surgery
Apr 22, 2012

The doc is doing surgery in the middle ear region.  He says . . . "The s/l o-moon was retrace with a Wheatland retractor . . " ...

Surgery See Msg.
Jun 30, 2012

A s/l cardio device was used to close the right common femoral arteriotomy. ...

Bladder Surgery
Oct 24, 2009

the area on the trigone was just slightly raised tumor whereas above the left ureteral orifice and slightly down in a **bafond** the tumor was papillary in nature. ...