A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Know of any good ophthalmology word books? - Em

Posted: Sep 22, 2010

I am looking for a great ophthalmology reference book, know any?

Thanks

Stedman's - cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had to use an ophthalmology book but I have several of their Words Book series and they are great.

I work on three ophthalmology accounts and all I use is Stedman's and Google (sm) - Eyegirl

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Stedman's is great for all specialities, I couldn't work - without Medical & Surgical Equipment book. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmology Books
Dec 09, 2009

The only ophthalmology book I am aware of is Stedman's.  Is there another one that is better?  I am only a little bit familiar with ophthalmology OP's and need a good book.  Thanks. ...

WORD BOOKS
Jan 06, 2013

Okay, are Word Books still being used these days?  I am beginning a unit on dermatology and having a difficult time with some of the expressions/words, etc.  If they are, what is the recommended Word Book?  From what I've seen online the books seems to be outdated?  Thanks for any input. ...

Ophthalmology Word Site
Feb 07, 2011

Can anyone recommend an great opthalmology site to use for reference? ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site For Ophthalmology Or Bone Marrow Transplant Info. TIA. Nm
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Ophthalmology Is Such A Hard Word To Spell.
Jan 21, 2012

Even the job postings have it misspelled all the time.  Four consonents in a row is a tongue buster.  ...

Ophthalmology Word Sounds Like Secazer 50/50?
Dec 14, 2013

I am doing neuro-ophthalmology and it sounds like secazer 50/50???? I cannot find that word anywhere....HELP  thanks ...

Ophthalmology Word Nuclear Cataract Of S/l  "Polevoranes Varitey"
Jun 25, 2010

Doc dictates diagnosis as nuclear cataract of s/l  "Polevoranes varitey" ...

Transolutions -- Any Good Word On Them?
Aug 12, 2011

I've applied and interviewed with Transolutions.  Any bad or good on this company.  I am currently working for Nuance and so disappointed.  When I continually see all these ads for the same companies over and over again I now know why.  Crappy work, crappy ESL dictators, continual change in account specifics, continual additions of new accounts that all need to be done a specific way.  I've been doing this for 20+ years and have never made such a piddling amoun ...

Good Word Count?
Oct 03, 2014

Hello, everyone.  I am currently two years as an IC for a company (I'd rather not name) and am kind of unsatisfied.  I can make my own hours, which is a plus, but the pay is VERY low.  I am thinking of shopping around but I don't know if my word count is good enough to count as average, above or below.  My average is 350-400 lines an hour edited or 150ish lines an hour standard (as you all know, this depends on what doctors I get for the day).  I am currently b ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Word Reference Website?
Mar 11, 2010

I would like to have access to one that gives both the plural and singular form of a word, whichever one you were to look up. Thank you! ...

What Is A Good Word Expander Program? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Any Word On Transcend; Good, Bad, Ugly?
Aug 04, 2011

Have interview next week and just wondering what they are like to work for.  Thanx for any insight you can give. ...

Looking For A Good Word Expander Program
Sep 13, 2012

I'm looking for a good word expander program.  Any ideas/recommendations? ...

Recommend A Good Word Expander Program?
Jun 01, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good word expander program?  Preferably free or inexpensive?  Thanks! ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

Ophthalmology Help Please
Jan 19, 2011

I just got a new client that is an ophthalmology group.  The doctor is saying, "Pachymetry measurements by ultrasound pachymetry are 508 microns OD and 510 microns OS.  ___________ are 46.5 x 47.2 flat meridian at 1 OD and 46.75 x 47.75 flat meridian at 1 OS." Where the blank is it sounds like K.A's or Cave's???  Is there such a thing.  I can't seem to find anything similar.  Your help is greatly appreciated. ...

More Ophthalmology
Oct 22, 2013

The patient is undergoing vitrectomy.  "Of note, the anterior segment, she did have significant nuclear ________ with cortical spoking as well as iris synechia inferiorly."  It sounds like "squadric" or something of that nature.    ...

Books Or Web?
Jan 31, 2010

i'm starting a new orthopedic acount. is there any reason for me to get orthopedic books like stedmans, or is it all out there on the web? does anyone have any experience with this? thanks! ...

What Are The Best Books For New MT's??
Dec 26, 2010

I really want to be the best MT I can be.  ...

New One For The Books...
May 25, 2012

This one really got me today....doc dictating a review of systems VR.  Self-explanatory I think. Dictated: Genitourinary. Speech wreck: Jenny Toe Urinary This system will never work!!! LOL ...

Ophthalmology Question
Oct 17, 2009

I rarely ever get these types of reports and need help with how to type this sentence: His refractive error is a -0.50  +1.25 axis at 170. I do not know where/if to put commas, if it should be typed -0.50 plus 125 or -0.50 + 1.25, or as above sample. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Ophthalmology Instruments
Dec 10, 2009

Replying to probably old message in Google.  Correct spelling of instruments commonly used in cataract extraction:  Utrata forceps, cystitome.  Procedure: capsulorrhexis.  ...

Ophthalmology Medication Help
Apr 23, 2010

The patient is to discontinue the s/l *Ocuvar* topical eye drops. Searching and cannot find this .. any suggestions? Tia ...

Help With Ophthalmology Terms
Jun 18, 2010

Need some help with these terms that are some type of eye surgery.  They are mentioned in the past medical history. Resident dictates what sounds like "rule-op-sis" to the right eye (spells this rulptoss, which I am sure doesn't spell anything!) and "lul-pop-tosis" to the left eye (spells this lulptosos, which also doesn't spell anything!).  I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have! I am on my last nerve with these students, residents, foreign doctors, etc., being ...

Ophthalmology Surgery
May 24, 2011

It's a cataract surgery. Hemostasis of the *sounds like limbo area was obtained using wet-field cautery. Dictation is very quiet so I can't tell for sure. Thanks in advance! ...

Ophthalmology Surgery HELP
Apr 16, 2014

Patient is having what sounds like some kind of eye surgery. Diagnosis sounds like: Upper "lido matic ecalasia" functionally limiting. Bilateral upper lid ptosis functionally limiting. HELP! ...

Reference Books
Nov 20, 2009

Question regarding use of reference books....I've been working for the same transcription company for 10 years and have kept very busy in that time, but as of the last six months, they have lost accounts and work has dropped off significantly.    I applied for a job last week that asked me which reference books I currently use.  To be honest, I haven't renewed any of my reference books in about 8 years, as I found it to be much, much quicker to locate terms via the Internet if you ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Discount Books
Apr 21, 2010

I have spent forever looking for where we can buy the discount books on MQCentral - can anyone help me????  ...