A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would like info on Synernet - need info

Posted: Jan 13, 2014

Hello fellow MT's. Could anyone that has any information about Synernet please share? I have an interview with them today and cannot find much on them. Thank you it is appreciated so much.

Synernet info - fed up MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Was there several years but got fed up and left. Good benefits, generous ET, great platform, not too many ESLs. But OOW a lot the past 4-5 months, impossible to get 1st shift, low pay (7 cpl), incentive plan is a joke, put in for the next year's vacations in Dec. and it's written in stone, want you to make up time instead of using ET if you need even half a day off, lack of communication and ignored emails, less than 30 days notice for time off you find your own coverage, same if you are scheduled to work a holiday during vacations, higher ups are ruthless and don't give a damn about MTs, leads, or supervisors, much higher turnover than they say. That being said, many are happy there. Several years ago I recommended them to everyone but no more.

I agree 100% - Also fed up

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with all of the above. Very low pay, huge lack of communication, horrible upper management, and they definitely don't care about their employees one bit. They're not not flexible at all. They almost never used to run out of work, but many people have been running out a lot over the past several months, myself included. I also used to highly recommend them to all of my MT friends, but now I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, in fact just the opposite. I've been there for a while, but I'm very seriously thinking about leaving and have just started browsing the job ads. I don't see things getting any better there. You can do a lot better than Synernet.

Sorry, I disagree - Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I will be the odd man out and tell you that I enjoy my job with Synernet. Yes I agree that the last couple months the workload has been slow but I have had things pick up recently just as my supervisors had told me that that expected it would. I know a lot of MTs are not happy about the idea of speech rec coming on either but I am anxious to see what that brings. As far as the pay goes, I've worked other places that paid higher on their line rate but the dictators were so difficult I actually made less money than I do here. I guess it is all in what you are looking for. I'm happy with Synernet and would recommend Synernet if someone I knew personally were to ask. As was stated previously, the benefits are good and you cant beat the paid time off anywhere that I have found. I dont mind finding my own coverage as I dont take it like a personal attack. I asked if they could point me in a direction for MTs that cover the same accounts as I do and they did. Every MT is in the same boat here. So I say, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. In an impersonal business, it is the one way you make connections with co-workers you can rely on as they feel the same way. But that is just my experience and thought I would put a thumbs up into this otherwise thumbs down conversation.
I agree with everything you said, so I'm the 2nd odd - man out :-) nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

My experience was not good - Cami

[ In Reply To ..]
I left Synernet a few months ago. Communication is certainly not one of their strongest points. I had a few emails that were never answered and I had a very hard time getting time off when I needed it. I'll admit that I had a hard time making a decent living working for them, which is the primary reason why I left. Maybe your experience will be different, but I wouldn't recommend them based on my personal experience.

RE: Synernet - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a big supporter of Synernet for my last year there, singing their praises and, for the most part, I still feel that way.

The Good: The benefit package is top shelf, IMO; I've not seen anything close to it offered at another MTSO - possibly with a university or hospital system, but not with an MTSO. The platform is very user friendly and makes it easy to accumulate lines. Most of the dictators are excellent; there is definitely a much higher ratio of great dictators to the slightly poor (on my accounts anyway) which also allows easier accumulation of lines. I have always found the helpdesk to be quick with answers and very supportive; that goes for HR & payroll. QA is awesome; no nitpicking - just straightfoward feedback without judgement.

The Bad: VR is coming (but that is true throughout most of the industry); I am hopeful that the platform will be as good with VR and will "learn" quickly. If not, this could completely change my vision of remaining with Synernet long term. The incentive levels are high, but not completely unreasonable; it is possible to hit those, but you really have to be committed the entire pay period. I will admit that other than the helpdesk, payroll & HR, response to emails leaves a lot to be desired; there are ways to get quicker responses, you just have to be persistent. Finding out things on the forums before being notified by corportate of major changes, i.e., implementation of VR, is inexcusable. The conference calls that provide this information is not avaialable to all MTs at the same time; therefore I believe that corporate has a responsibility to provide that kind of information via an email to everyone at the same time with an invitation to the upcoming conference calls to further discuss concerns, etc. Their failure to do that, again IMO, is their biggest faux pas to date. Yes, at 7 cpl, the rate is low, but as the other poster pointed out, it doesn't help if you get a higher cpl, but then have tons of ESLs & a slow clunky platform; for me I can make a pretty good living at 7 cpl and with the added value of the benefits, I'm certain that my averaged hourly wage is better than I would get at most other MTSOs (oops, I think this should be in the "GOOD")!

Again, based on some of the horror stories I read on this board, I STILL feel very grateful to be with Synernet and know that I have it pretty good compared to some; I'm sure there are others that have it better, but it seems there are more bad ones out there than good ones anymore and you know the saying about kissing a lot of frogs before you find your prince; Ihope my frog-kissing days are over.

Stubby - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
You're Awesome! Love that ending sentence.....made me smile.

Synernet - fed up MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe it or not I am glad to see positive as well as negative comments. I'm not out to just bash the company, but there were things I didn't know going in that were pretty significant. The first time I asked for time off I was asked simply "when can you make it up" and the attitude I got every other time is that they much preferred making up over using ET and overall that taking a day off would be an inconvenience to them. But of course you can just firmly say you'll be using ET and that's that. I didn't know about the vacation policy until December when I got the email about putting in for the next year's vacation. You may or may not get the weeks you request, it goes by seniority, and you didn't know what weeks were approved until early January. I knew working 2 holidays was required so I worked the first 2 that came up; was never told they were assigned until a coworker mentioned it and I had to email 3 times before I got an answer as to which holidays I was assigned. There were basic things that weren't covered in the employee handbook or on the forum or in training. I was grateful to be hired and none of these things would have stopped me from taking the job. It got to the point where I wondered what other basic things I should know but didn't. I don't completely discourage anyone from applying but I don't rave about it anymore and I did know some who just did their job and had no major complaints and were perfectly happy. But if you're interviewing these are some of the things to ask about and be aware of.
ex-synernet - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I had the flu last year and it meant several bathroom trips (yes I was still working). I had informed them I was sick and they told me I had to get coverage. I was sick. Really sick. One day I was up and down to the bathroom a lot. They told me I had to come back on that night and make up my bathroom time that I took while working when I was very sick. I said I couldn't do that, I needed to go to bed. The next morning I was locked out of the system.

I was a top producer, showed up every day when I said I would, etc. So that let's you know their loyalty factor.
Synernet - pookbina
[ In Reply To ..]
I interviewed with them and had a chance to get on with them and declined it, thinking they might be too rigid by evaluating your speed and accuracy every pay period. Glad I didn't take the job.
Good move - Another ex-Synernet
[ In Reply To ..]
They are extremely rigid. I've been in this field for about 15 years and I've never worked for a company that's as rigid as they are. If you go 2 minutes over on your break, you'll be hearing about it. If you're 2 seconds over 40 hours on your time sheet, you'll immediately hear about that as well. Need a day or two off? Good luck with that. Trust me, you made a wise choice not taking a position there. You've saved yourself a ton of aggravation.
Synert - Beaver
[ In Reply To ..]
That is totally ridiculous to treat people like that....what are you, a bunch of slaves? You're entitled to take a break....aren't you? Maybe use the potty, stretch, eat, take PTO which is yours to take....Geesh!
Never had a problem wtih them - monitoring me
[ In Reply To ..]
I always did my required lines above and beyond, but I always take my breaks, because in this job, you have to. I take 30 to 35 minute break, and 15 minute breaks also. No one has ever emailed me or complained. I gave Synernet high praise when I signed on, but things have changed. I must say though, whenever I had an emergency, I called in and said I would not be able to work. No one ever asked me to make up time or anything, and I had several sicknesses of myself, family members to come up, and I told them I would not be working, etc., Help Desk would always no problem. The OOW issue has been very terrible the 2013. I don't like that when they approve your vacation, and if it is on a holiday that you are scheduled to work, you have to work that day or find someone to work in your place. Who the heck do I ask. I don't know my coworkers. That is terrible. Then if you are on 7 or 8 accounts, what coworker is going to be on the exact same accounts you are on. Don't know how much longer I will be here, but I'm staying put till something better comes along.

My experience - Gladys

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Synernet for approximately a year and a half now. It hasn't exactly been a fantastic experience. I work on second shift (although I would love first shift) and sometimes the help desk is extremely slow to respond to emails and they have a tendency to be less than helpful in their responses. I have worked first shift before when I've needed to make up time from being out sick or running out of work during my regular hours and the supervisors on first shift seem much more knowledgeable and are much more personable and friendly than those on second shift. Just my experience. Also, I've emailed the transcription manager and director in the past with either no response at all, or it would take literally days to get a reply, so I fully agree with what others have said about horrible communication. Working there is basically a crap shoot. You may have a great experience, or you may have one like mine, which leaves a lot of be desired.

I've been with Synernet over a year now - and Transcription Director has never replied to my

[ In Reply To ..]
So now, if she sends out an e-mail or whatever, I never respond to her. The CEO or somebody needs to make her take a class in e-mail etiquette.

Unanswered emails etc - Yet another Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone else get replies to your emails that are so convoluted and evasive that you wonder if they even read your email? I've learned to make it short and sweet and not ask more than one question per email. Has it occurred to anyone else that when you don't get an answer it might be something they don't want to put in writing, or is it just me? Has anyone else asked something by email and not gotten any answer at all but later called and get a direct answer over the phone? Am I just getting paranoid or turning into some sort of conspiracy theorist? Is it just me?

Worst place I've ever worked - Jamie

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for several companies and this was hands down the worst MT experience I ever had for many of the reasons that other posters have already mentioned. Sure, the benefits may be good, but what good is that if the company itself is horrible. Save yourself the headaches and frustration and avoid this company.

Original poster's interview - fed up MT

[ In Reply To ..]
How did the interview go? Did they offer you the job (probably too soon) or schedule a second interview?

Probably my biggest gripe is having to find my own coverage sm - Another Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
when I am approved for vacation. What is the point in being an employee? I did that when I was an IC, but as an employee, if they okay my vacation time off, that should be it. As others have said, the pay is on the low side, and I don't know what the future will bring with the onset of VR, but otherwise I am fairly happy. The benefits are wonderful, and I have gotten used to the fact that the transcription manager doesn't have the respect or courtesy to answer emails in a timely fashion (or at all). I'm not too pleased they are hiring again, since I just finally am getting to the point where I don't run out of work all of the time. Good luck to you, whatever happens.

The way I understand it by reading emails about vacation is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You only have to find coverage if you are scheduled to work a rotating weekend that your vacation falls on or if a holiday you are schedule to work is within the week of your vacation. I didn't read it as finding coverage for your whole vacation, but please correct me if I misread the email.

You are correct - Synernet

[ In Reply To ..]
If your scheduled holiday falls within your vacation, you will have to find coverage for that day or work it. This is my first to hear of a company requiring the employee to find coverage for a holiday when you have been approved for the vacation. Think I'll be getting sick that day.
My understanding was that if you work Sunday through Thursday, sm - Another Synernet MT
[ In Reply To ..]
or Tuesday through Saturday, if you are scheduled for a week off, you have to find coverage for your Saturday or Sunday only. I didn't pay attention, I guess, to the holiday part because I wouldn't ask for the week off if I was scheduled to work the holiday. I just think if they approve the time off, that should be it.
Synernet - pookbina
[ In Reply To ..]
Gee, I am glad I didn't go through with taking that job when it was getting close to being offered to me. What a ridiculously rigid place Synernet must be
You dodged a big bullet - Becky
[ In Reply To ..]
They are a horrible, horrible company. They make slavery seem like a vacation. I wish I never had taken a job with them, but at least I'm not there any longer.

And you have to ask for the whole week off, even if you only want 2 days. sm - Confused

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand the logic behind some of this. If someone wanted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday off and another person wanted Thursday and Friday off of that same week, both people would have to ask for the whole week off, and depending on the accounts they are on, maybe only one person gets to take the time off. Weird.

Synernet - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at Synernet for about 9 months last year. I've worked at about 6 companies in 8 years, and have to say that Synernet was the best company I've worked for. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep the 98% standard QA score. They do have high expectations regarding QA. Other than that, unless their policy has changed since January, and I know some things have, you got 37.5 days a year of PTO right from the start, benefits started right away (I think now you have to wait 3 months after employment starts), excellent benefits at a good rate, pay was only 7 cpl, but the platform for transcription was really productive, and I was getting 250 to 300 lph, good dictators and lots of normals and other resources on platform, not a lot of ESL. They do require you to use their thin client computer, which for me was a pain because my signal would drop at times and I would lose my work, but they did improve on that right before I quit (everything is saved on their server in Portland, ME, and I live in Nebraska). Management were really good on 2nd shift about getting back to you promptly, and we didn't use email much. They preferred we just called them, and they were available 100% of the time, very friendly and helpful. I loved the whole experience. Just wish it would have worked out. Also, they never monitored me or bothered me, they were pretty flexible with the schedule as long as I gave notice that day, and there was manditory overtime of about 5 hours a week during the heavy part of the year, but after working for companies that promised work and then sitting at my computer all day waiting, it was a nice change. Would rather have a paycheck and work a few extra hours when needed. We used the Fusion platform, loved it. :) Wish I could go back.

Similar Messages:

Info On Synernet?
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone have any info on Synernet, i.e., ppl, benefits, etc.? Thanks! ...

Info On Experiences With Synernet?
Feb 15, 2011

Hi! Can anyone give me infor on their experiences with Synernet?  I would appreciate any information I can get on this company.   Thanks,     ...

Info On Working For Synernet
Jan 13, 2015

Saw ad for transcription openings at Synernet and wondered if anyone works there or can give me information about the company, amount of work, etc.  Thanks. ...

Any Current Info On: Synernet, TTS, MedScribe. A+?
Jun 11, 2015

Anyone have any current info on any of the above?  Need a job ASAP!  Got on-boarded to Nuance, ok at first, but just one month later, no work!     ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Synernet?
May 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of Synernet? and is it a good company? what is the dirt on this place? ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Synernet - Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  TIA! ...

Anyone Out There Working For Synernet
Jun 15, 2011

Anyone out there working for Synernet who has also worked for other companies?  I was an IC before joining Synernet a few years ago.  They are paying me .7 cpl, no flexibility unless per-diem and then per-diems still have to work 2 holidays a year, lots of vaca time but can't use 2 weeks in the summer until I've been there 10 years, management impossible to get response from regarding any type of question, just got thrown into weekend rotation, etc.  After looking at boards I see th ...

Synernet - Any Opinions
Apr 28, 2011

Any opinions on thes Company?  I am tired of testing for crappy companies. ...