A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which company handles HCA hospitals' transcription? Thanks. nm - Inquiring mind

Posted: Sep 16, 2013

xxx

I believe it is Nuance - Boostedmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost three years ago then Transcend acquired Heartland and along with it came HCA. Most of the work was being done in India, but before I left the company I helped in the transition of several of the Florida hospitals.

Thank you! - Inquiring mind

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

HCA/Heartland/Nuance - ProblemwithHCA

[ In Reply To ..]
About 3 years ago, I was let go by an HCA hospital that started sending their work to a company that contracted with India. Sad to say. It was a let down for me as I had been with HCA/local hospital for over 25 years and was just told, "too bad, we are outsourcing." I couldn't imagine a company would do that to someone being there for so long, but companies just don't care anymore, not even a dedicated, hard working employee like I was. They just let the whole department go to India. So I would have to say, HCA doesn't care about their employees no matter what they will tell you. They are in it for the money and not the well being of their employees.

HCA/Heartland/Nuance - @ProblemwithHCA

[ In Reply To ..]
That happened to me too, BUT before being let go, we trained the "India company" and got their "transition" up and running. After the transition, we were told we would be let go. Why is HCA doing this to employees?? Possibly HCA is not really an American company???? Possibly from India? Just saying and wondering now ....

HCA I used to work for has RADS doing their own - penny

[ In Reply To ..]
dictation. You should see it,lol,as far as funky wording and punctuation.

Well, the HCA hospital where I worked... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
....had all of our work outsourced to a mid-sized MTSO (with about 200 MTs, I believe) about 2-1/2 years ago, and then that MTSO was bought by M*Modal. The M*Modal purchase happened roughly 19 months ago. At that time, I was led to believe that MM would be getting all of the smaller MTSO's work, including my HCA hospital's work.

I haven't heard whether my HCA hospital is still sending their work to M*Modal at this point or not, though. I declined the position when M*Modal took over, so I'm not an "insider" any more.

Thank you! nm - Inquiring mind

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

My HCA hospital years ago, 1990, to be - Laura

[ In Reply To ..]
exact wanted to outsource our onsite jobs to a small company. Had worked inhouse for about 11 years. All I can remember was the woman's name. She came in the office, had a meeting during which time we were told very hurridly now for the first 3 months you will be paid the same and tried to skirt hurridly past and I asked what about after the 3 months. She came to my office about 2-3 times after that to see if I wanted to join her little group. I asked her point blank do you pay 5 cents a line, 5 cents a day, 5 cents a month - what are you offering and her reply was the hospital knew. I told her I was not going to be working for the hospital but them and then told her to stay away from my office, not interested. I got out then and pounded the pavement to find another job. I knew nothing then of jobs other than inhospital type positions. My new job for the first year paid me $20,000.00 less than the HCA place but turned out to be a good thing and I stayed there for over 10 years.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Work For A Small Company That Handles Private Practice?
Sep 04, 2014

I am looking for a smaller company that needs help with private practice transcription.  Does anybody know of one that needs help?  I can't find anything when I search.  I am currently going part-time at a large company to get them off of my back about how long I am glued to the keyboard and foot pedal and how much work I do per hour.  I have over 14 years of experience and I am good at what I do.  I want to work for a company that will appreciate that and not hound ...

Does Anyone Know Of Hospitals In Phoenix That Have A Transcription Department?
Aug 08, 2013

I will be relocating there soon for my husband's job and need to find another hospital or clinic transcription job. I'll wash dishes somewhere before I go back to one of the nationals after what I experienced with Nuance purchasing my wonderful company, so I'd really like to find something in a local hospital. If they let us work remote after a short training period, pretty much anywhere in Arizona would do. Feel free to send a private message if you don't any to cause a flo ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Best Transcription Company To Work For
Oct 16, 2013

Hey everyone!  In any of your opinions, what is the best transcription company to work for?  Any info on how they get paid, etc, would be appreciated. ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Volunteer Transcription - Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jul 01, 2010

I have an opportunity to test and be hired by them but it seems it is taking them so long to get back to me for the next step.  Anyone else having this trouble.  Anyone know anything good or bad about this company? ...

Cobb Transcription - Anyone Has Heard Of This Company?
Apr 28, 2010

Wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Either good or bad is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Summit Transcription - Small Company. Anyone
Jul 27, 2010

work there?  I am always hesitant about small companies having enough work.  They seem nice. ...

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out What Company VA Transcription Is Awarded To? Sm
Aug 30, 2010

A while ago I believe there was a discussion on the board about the VA's and someone posted a link to the page where it might list which companies are bidding on or were awarded which VA VISN packages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Transcription America - Legitimate Company
Sep 10, 2010

I had applied to transcriptionamerica.com. I received an email back from a Nancy Lawson, National recruiter asking me to transcribe a sample file. I did this and when I tried to email it back to the address that she sent it from, I keep getting a failed delivery notice saying that the person's inbox is full. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? And if so, do you know any other way that I can get in touch with them to email this sample back to them? Thank you so much! ...

The Transcription Doctors - Any Info On This Company?
Jun 22, 2011

Any info on this company?  Good, bad, pay on time.  TIA! ...

The Transcription Doctors - Anyone Has Or Is Working For This Company?
Sep 26, 2010

Was just wanting to know if anyone has or is working for this company?  If so how are they to work for? Thanks... ...

Alpha Transcription - Any Info On This Company?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anybody have any info on this company? I believe they are located in Missouri? Anything would be helpful the good, the bad and the ugly! THX!! ...

ALPHA Transcription - Any Experience With This Company?
Jan 04, 2011

Has anyone had any experience with this company?  I sent my resume for a job posting and was contacted right away.  The fishy thing (to me anyway) was that they didn't even want me to TEST for the position!  What is that about?  EVERY MT position I have EVER been a candidate for has wanted me to test.  But nope, I had a phone interview and the next thing I know I am being offered a position.  RED FLAG? ...

Information About Inscribe Transcription Company?
Jan 20, 2011

Can anyone offer any information about Inscribe Transcription Company?  Thanks... ...

PRN Military Transcription - Worked For This Company?
Mar 15, 2011

Has anyone heard of or worked for this company?  They had a job ad on the Job Board earlier this week which I  applied for.  I searched the archives but absolutely nothing came up.  Anyone here work there or know someone who does, please share any info about this company.  Their recruiter was very nice and did offer me a position, but before I accept I would like to know more about them.  Thanks for any information you may have. ...

North American Transcription Company
Mar 23, 2011

Anyone heard of this company.  We got a flyer from them today at work and they say they only charge 6.5 c per line, all US-based, no outsourcing.  Looked up their website and they say they are one of the largest transcription companies in the US (never heard of them).  Would love to know how they can pay their apparently "highly skilled" transcriptionists when they only charge 6.5 c per line.  ...

Non-payment By DW Medical Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

Did some weekends ER reports to DW Medical Transcription, Atlanta, GA from June 20 to Dec 15. They still owe $1,400 for Oct to Dec work. Their accountant lied  "Your check has been mailed. Please do not send any Emails telling me when and what I need to mail to you" and the owner/manager, Felicia made false promise “A check will go out to you next Friday on the 15th of this month”. NOT RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SO FAR AND NO RESPONSE FOR MY EMAILS. Their attorney said ...

Any Info On SR 11 Medical Transcription Company?
May 06, 2011

nm ...

We Type Transcription Company Is Unbelievable
May 16, 2011

This company is unbelievable....sent resume to them to get a letter back from stating that I had to have a proof of passing a certified HIPAA course which ok I get that but then it goes on to state that they want proof of having $300,000 of general liability insurance and want $250 dollars from me as a deposit on their software. Here is the biggest kicker.....they pay 7 cents a line.  That is ridiculous. ...