A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend's facebook site for editing tips - Jus me

Posted: Sep 14, 2011

well, someone finally had a good idea to try to help us, but.... typical of such boards, there is one busybody know-it-all that is dominating everything and she is the only one with an idea, the only one who is right, the only one who can do anything.  Must be nice to have such a superego.  Sue needs to watch out, this woman will be sitting at her desk soon.

Really? - You must not be reading the same page I am

[ In Reply To ..]
On the FB page I am looking at, I see a lot of people with a lot of questions--and a lot of other people who have been very helpful in answering them, and re-explaining things when people have trouble understanding.

You couldn't possibly be talking about the people who have been tapped by the company to actually teach expander classes, could you...??

I guess if somebody knows their subject matter well enough to teach it to others, that makes them a know-it-all. Is that what you're saying?

And just because somebody knows their subject matter, it does not automatically make them a candidate for the corporate suite. Speaking strictly for myself, I would not WANT a job in the corporate suite.

Tell us how you really feel. - opposing viewpoint

[ In Reply To ..]
I find it disturbing that someone who joined this group seeking the help that is offered there would feel the need to be so blatantly disrespectful toward the people who started the group and are doing what they set out to do.

I can only assume who you are referring to, and I cannot fathom how you would view it the way you do at all. I personally find the information posted by this "know-it-all" to be extremely helpful and am very grateful that they use what free time they have to help others be able to be successful.

While I do not currently work at Transcend, I still find the information provided there to be of much usefulness, and am very appreciative that it is out there for those of us who choose to seek it.

You know the old saying, when there is one finger pointing out, there are four more pointing back? Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me, and I wish you well, but have to respectfully disagree with how you see things.

It is optional, and if you feel so badly about things, you are more than welcome to leave and start your own group, you know.

Do you have to belong to facebook to see - the site? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the name of the page? TIA

yes, and you have to request to join, as it is a private group, s/m - opposing viewpoint

[ In Reply To ..]
If you search for medical transcription editing tips and tricks, you should find it pretty easily. Great group, in my opinion.

What an attitude!!! Do you have any idea how many hours of - MAP

[ In Reply To ..]
work this person and other individuals are willing to share with you for free? They have been building their stores of information for years and donating their time trying to make life easier for you, and this is what you have to say about it?

No one is forcing you to go to that website. Obviously you might prefer it if they would transcribe the reports for you and give you the credit, but I do not think that will happen any time soon.

I'm among many who've been donating tips for years, knowing it would - result in lower line rates as others

[ In Reply To ..]
used these tips to get fast too. Including you. Whatever your real problem is, it's not other MTs.

Transcend editing tips - Not a social butterfly

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone know why they put this on Facebook? I mean, why not put this on the Transcend MLS site instead, so that everyone who works there can access it without having to join Facebook if they don't want to?
Probably because the MLS website is not interactive - and therefore no capability
[ In Reply To ..]
for people to ask questions, offer suggestions, share tips, chat back and forth. That is why it's where it is.

You are free to join sites like that one under an assumed name and give no personal information, if you are concerned about privacy.
MLS website - not a social butterfly
[ In Reply To ..]
What about the "forum" section of the Transcend MLS web site? Is that not designed for interaction?
It is, but you can't post screen caps there to - graphically demonstrate how-tos
[ In Reply To ..]
And as someone else has pointed out, the page we're talking about is open to any and all interested parties, not just Transcend employees.
to add to that....s/m - opposing viewpoint
[ In Reply To ..]
There are several people in the group who do not work for Transcend who were invited by other members, and the information there can be modified to be helpful in any platform. Those people would not be able to access the information if it were exclusively on the MLS site. While yes, some of the information does relate directly to Transcend's proprietary platform, much of the information is universal.

It's about helping each other, folks; something that too many MTs have forgotten about. Networking is one of our greatest tools, if we choose to employ it and use every available resource.
Would you mind telling me how to join under - an assumed name with SM
[ In Reply To ..]
no personal info given? I am clueless about these social networking sites. I see on TV all the time warnings about too much personal info there and not so pleasant things happening to people who do. TIA
First, choose your "handle" - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
It can be just about anything, as long as it includes a "first" and a "last" name. Just as an example, your first name could be "Iam" and your last name could be "Bettyboop." I have several friends whose first names are "Iam." :)

It's been quite a while since I joined, so I really don't remember what personal information might be "required." However, if you use a fictional home town and a fictional date of birth, for example, how are they going to know? Also, I believe they do request an e-mail address, which probably has to be a "real" one... but for that, just open a separate e-mail address on any one of the free e-mail sites out there (Yahoo, Gmail, etc) and you should be good to go. Best of luck!

Similar Messages:

Tips For Using The Mttest.com Site
May 12, 2010

The site is very literal.  Here are some tips. Objective: 1.  Thoroughly read the instructions.  Don't try to think about the instructions - simply read them and follow them.  For example if it tells you to type the correct spelling of a word into a field (picking a misspelled word out of a phrase), only type that word - not anything else.  2.  Look up every single word and definition before you make a choice.  I don't care how much you T ...

Editing Tips
Sep 13, 2012

Hi!  How do you all do it?  I have a job that is 70% editing and about 30% typing.  I can't seem to get any faster with my editing.  I have tried to teach myself to only edit when absolutely necessary (not that I agree with that) and I have turned the speed up.  I am not sure where I am going wrong?  I try to keep with account specifics as well.  BUT I do admit that I still throw in a comma where I think things could be confusing or put in a period with a ...

Tips For Survival At Transcend
Nov 25, 2009

Repeating the former warnings I have seen on this board and about this company: 1.  Get EVERYTHING in writing, no matter how trivial.  They are masters of deceit. 2.  Say nothing to no one.  Get it in writing. 3.  If you are forced to talk to a supervisor, just keep your ears open - that click, click, click in the background is that supervisor typing everything that is being said or sending an IM to someone for help with a response that can be interpreted in 2 ways.&n ...

Transcend MLS Site
Feb 08, 2010

Did you know that when you log into the MLS site you have to download a tracking cookie/activex control.  That is so they can track when you are doing your job and when you are surfing the web.   I only activate it when visiting the MLS site and then I deactivate it after leaving the site so they can't know what I am doing.  ...

Anyone Here Editing VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

And if so, how fast is it possible to get?  I'm struggling to get faster than 200 lines per hour.  I've only been editing for a couple of months, but I'm really wondering if it is possible to get much faster?  Advice please! ...

Transcend Editing
Aug 12, 2010

Everyone working on the BeyondTXT platform with Transcend just received an email from our editing trainer explaining to us how VR software only has to be 75% correct and we have to fix it to be perfect as if we were typing it.   She even specifies that if grammar is incorrect, sentences don't make sense, etc, we must fix it to quality standard.  While I agree with all that, what i don't agree with is the fact that they have put all of us (on Swedish at least) on all VR w ...

Transcend BeyondText Editing
Apr 19, 2011

Is it true that the average is $12.00 editing?  4 cents a line and company average is 311 lines an hour!  ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Are You On Facebook Or Google+?
Feb 08, 2012

I haven't signed up for either one yet (yes, I know what a dinosaur I am, Brianasaurus timidus). My questions are: 1.  If you're on both, is one better than the other?  I've heard Google+ is better, having learned from all the mistakes Facebook has made. 2.  Do you have any secrets for setting up your privacy settings, etc. so that YOU, and not someone else, controls what gets seen, and by whom? Really looking forward to your answers because I'd like to get ...

Just Read This On Facebook
Feb 28, 2013

KarmaWhen people insult you, don’t take offense, don’t take it personally, but do listen to their words. They are telling you how they see the world, and they are telling you the exact negative qualities that they possess. "The Law of Mirrors" states that one can only see what’s in them, regardless if it is what is actually present in reality or not. Release the need to defend or try to explain to them that you’re not being whatever-nasty-insult-they’ve-thrown-at-yo ...

MModal On Facebook...Opinions
Jan 25, 2012

Liking MModal on FB? Is this just another way to keep tabs on us? ...

Please Read And Pass On--I Put It On Facebook
Oct 09, 2012

Please Read and Pass On about this terrible, sneaky, little secret that most people do not know. Thank you for reading, as I know this is long, and I am putting my job in jeopardy by giving this information, but I feel that Americans need to know that this is dangerously and secretly happening to them. We, MT’s, across the country, have been talking and have decided to tell people what is happening to all of us and our medical information. We are in fear of what is happening and are trying ...

Wow @ The Posts On The M2 Facebook Page
Aug 22, 2013

x ...

Facebook Page For MM India
Aug 30, 2013

The celebration of women my arse.  Celebrate this. ...

Have You Ever Looked Up Your TSM On Google Or Facebook?
Oct 22, 2013

I was curious what she looked like so I looked her up.  She looks *exactly* like she sounds.  Have you ever looked yours up?  ...

Nuance T-shirt On Facebook
Jun 11, 2015

Have you all seen the Nuance t-shirt on Facebook? "Skilled enough to work at Nuance, crazy enough to love it".  Too funny!! They actually believe it.  ...

Beware Of YouTube Messages Sent On Facebook.
Mar 18, 2010

I just spent 3 hours on the phone to get rid of a virus I picked up on Facebook.  My aunt had sent me an email to watch a video on YouTube, but when you go to it there is a message that you that you need to update Adobe.  That is when it attacks.  It sends you to different websites when you try to go to McAfee, Microsoft, etc.   It is called Koobface.  Be careful, I had it on both my desktop and laptop.  ...

Weird Message From Facebook Page
Sep 02, 2013

got this in my Other box Hi, Ms. ### I am a good Quality Controller working 10 years for transcription, and worked for M-Modal but he is subcontractor and paying me so less. Can you please arrange M-Modal ID or work for me....i will be very thankful to you   Of course this person has an Indian name. Says he is MT/QC at Pulstech Transcription, Brisun Technologies & Caren Technologies Past: job corps and Brainstorm ...

Did You See The Guy From India Who Posted On M Modal's Facebook Page
Jun 03, 2013

Vaseem Opai My only aim and goal is to produce maximum lines with 100% quality and make my center the top productive center of m modal and I will. ...

Someone In Our Facebook Group Posted An Email From Our Instructor
Sep 06, 2014

saying we will be back on track in the program next week and have several chapters and power points ready to go.    Just thought I would pass on the good news to you guys.  ...

Fluency Direct Quote On MModal Facebook Page
Jul 18, 2013

I use Fluency Direct while I talk with patients in the exam rooms. I talk to the patients and dictate right into the system. A lot of patients think it is kind of cool that the software is doing the dictation. When I walk out of the room, my chart is kind of done." KIND OF???????? ugh ...

Tips
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone got tips on pacing themselves or how to make things go smoother.  I am a new MT and really want to do well since I left a good job to work from home, as it was a dream of mine.  I realize that patient is a virtue.  Something that I would like to possess more of. I am setting up my shortcuts, and feel like I am working my fingers to the bone, and not getting anywhere.  Any tips and advice on things that will help me move right along will be much helpful.  ...

MQ DQS ASR Tips
Jul 15, 2011

Been tracking my work for the last couple of years on ASR, am able to calculate my paycheck usually within a dollar of what it should be upon deposit into my account, and thought I'd share some tips I've learned from ASR: Keep your fingers on the keyboard. Anyone who says they are bored doing ASR isn't doing it right. It is just as challenging as typing, even more so because of the concentration required. It is much like playing the piano in that one's fingers are always mov ...

ASR Tips Revisited
Jan 28, 2010

Have read through numerous tips on this board on how to increase productivity (TY), but for the life of me can't seem to make much progress. There is one HUGE hurdle that slows me down terribly. At the very beginning of dictation, where the dictating physician says all the mumbo jumbo that should not be in a report - ADT info - we are to place a skip marker (and as far as my experience, it doesn't make much sense to place any more unless there is a blatant gap where none of the garbage ...

Burnout: Any Tips To Get Over It? Sm
Jan 31, 2010

I have been an MT for 13 years and lately I have been suffering from severe burnout.  I need the money so badly!!!  But it seems impossible to stay focused on my work.  Sometimes sitting down transcribing is nearly impossible - feels like trying to swallow bad cough medicine or something!  I have tried putting up pictures of reasons I need to be focusing and typing and have tried challenging myself with line counts, etc.  I just dont seem to be able to do it.  ...

Tips For Success With VR
May 14, 2010

Learning to use VR can be accomplished by any MT who has solid MT skills and is knowledgeable about their work.  I do not believe newbies or grads within their first 2 years should be using VR without QA backup (just my opinion). 1.  You have to want to learn to use it effectively.  If you try to do it kicking and screaming, being obstinant, you simply will hinder your learning curve and depth significantly.  2.  It takes time.  You will not learn it overnight.&nb ...

Any Tips About Proofreading
Jul 26, 2010

Any tips about proofreading? I am an MT intern consistently getting high 90s for grades in Acute Care but 99% is required to pass the program.   Tps for perfecting MT proofreading would be appreciated. I seem to make dumb mistakes and just  don't see them when I proofread.   Maple Grandma ...

What Are Your Production Tips?
May 15, 2011

I know that everyone says there is no money in VR, but sometimes you have to take the job you are given and be thankful for that. The account I am working on is 99% VR.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips on being productive.  For example, do you look at your report first and fix any obvious errors and then listen to the dictation or do you just jump right in with the dictation and do it all then?  Currently, I make about 5cpl for VR, which compared to some quotes I have rea ...

Tips For Motivation?
May 18, 2011

eee gads, every have one of those nights, or one of those weeks? what do you do when you just can't seem to get in the groove? maybe its the mt week contests and knowing I will never win anything (even though I meet all the production requirements) plus just plain wore out from trying to move for the past week or so.  tried to get some PTO, but never get approved. and then add to it the 3rd shift blues.  no matter what, just can't keep my eyes open! ...

SR Tips & Tricks
Sep 09, 2011

I am fairly new to SR and have been doing it for about a month.  Does anyone out there have any tips to share on how to become quicker?  I have memorized keyboard commands and am trying to speed up dictation.  Is that all there is to be successful at this? ...