A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend BeyondText editing - transgal

Posted: Apr 19, 2011

Is it true that the average is $12.00 editing?  4 cents a line and company average is 311 lines an hour! 

Not exactly - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
4 cents per line is correct. As for $12/hour, good luck. I've never come close to that! The way they figure the lines is odd. It shows that many lines per hour, but they tell me I do 390-400 lines per hour and I still don't make more than $8.50 per hour, on a really good day at that. Good luck.

Transcend VR - transcend loser

[ In Reply To ..]
That's right. Haven't figured it out yet, but I believe they have rigged the LPH system to show you higher than you really are, just to make you think their ploys are working. Bottom line is I am coming away from each pay period with less money but having worked longer and harder. They keep trying to tell me it's not so, however. But my paycheck tells the truth.

so true - Meee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen the same thing. Received long email explaining what our pay will be, but totally confusing. Even when the person goes over and figures out what you can/are making, I try to figure it out afterwards and it never comes out to what she said, always less. I do not know how you can ever double your pay (your pay as in what it was when straight typing), especially when after you have supposedly 'trained' the program and have the errors down some (though what it comes down to, is that you know where most of the errors are that need to be corrected, so can fix them faster), then all of sudden one day you go to work and all the 'training' is gone!!! and it is back to as if you never 'trained' it all :(. The MTs are definitely not the ones making out by using VR.

I'm sorry, $8.50 an hour is horrible - Bettie_Bgood

[ In Reply To ..]
Just think of the equivalent jobs that pay $8.50 an hour - that don't require the knowledge base and discernment that MT-ing does.

We're all in the same boat, with the pay - I remember years and years ago, people getting $13/hour just transcribing piddly reports in hospital. And now how much is gas nowadays? and food, etc?

*no need for people to come on and say how great they're doing - I know there are exceptions.

Cost of living - shirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never quite gotten over the lack of, or rarity of a line rate raise. "You want a raise? Work harder."

I'm just thankful that I don't have to commute what with gas prices the way they are.

Depends on a LOT of factors - as far as speech wreck training

[ In Reply To ..]
I am fortunate enough to work in a region where they have been very proactive and aggressive about training the engine. We have some dictators where we can speed the audio file up to 175 percent and blast through a 10-minute dictation in 7 or 8 minutes. Some dictators, not so much.

On the other hand, I am one of those who has never made up the differential on speed alone because I am one of those scary-fast typists, and on a good day I could throw down over 300 LPH. My editing LPH is upwards of 400, well above the company average--but it'd have to go north of 600 to make up the differential.

So, ironically, those who make more at editing than typing are those who were much slower typists to begin with. Go figure.

that's exactly right - LTDN

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're making more money editing than you were transcribing, you weren't a very fast typist. I'm right there with you transgal. Blew it out of the water before with LPH, but now with VR?? It's not even comparable. Thank goodness hubby is the bread winner, because my pay isn't even half what it was before. As I put in a different post: my 13-y/o son has done some yardwork for the neighbor and has made more in a 2 week period at $8/hr than I have doing my FT job. It's sickening.

Similar Messages:

Transcend's BeyondText Platform
Nov 20, 2009

Are there any Transcend MTs who can tell me what their BeyondText platform is like?  Is it productive?  User friendly?  Easy or hard to make your line counts? Also, from what I've read their platform seems to be a mix of typing and ASR.  Is it mostly all one or the other, or is it a mix of the two? I'm thinking of applying, but kind of want to know what I'd be getting into first. ...

Transcend Beyondtext Upgrade In The Fall?
Jun 20, 2011

Anyone know what the upgrades might be? Is it an M-Modal upgrade or changes to be made to BeyondText platform?  ...

Transcend - BeyondText Platform - What Text Expander Do You Recommend?
Aug 17, 2011

x ...

Anyone Here Editing VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

And if so, how fast is it possible to get?  I'm struggling to get faster than 200 lines per hour.  I've only been editing for a couple of months, but I'm really wondering if it is possible to get much faster?  Advice please! ...

Transcend Editing
Aug 12, 2010

Everyone working on the BeyondTXT platform with Transcend just received an email from our editing trainer explaining to us how VR software only has to be 75% correct and we have to fix it to be perfect as if we were typing it.   She even specifies that if grammar is incorrect, sentences don't make sense, etc, we must fix it to quality standard.  While I agree with all that, what i don't agree with is the fact that they have put all of us (on Swedish at least) on all VR w ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Transcend's Facebook Site For Editing Tips
Sep 14, 2011

well, someone finally had a good idea to try to help us, but.... typical of such boards, there is one busybody know-it-all that is dominating everything and she is the only one with an idea, the only one who is right, the only one who can do anything.  Must be nice to have such a superego.  Sue needs to watch out, this woman will be sitting at her desk soon. ...

BeyondText
Sep 21, 2011

For MTs who use BeyondText.  How hard is it to learn?  I have never done any VR whatsoever and I am scared to death because I hear so many horror stories about it.  Will be starting in the next 2 weeks on it.  Petrified.    Any advice would be appreciated.    ...

Beyondtext Question
Nov 29, 2011

Can anyone share their average lines per hour for the VR on Beyond Text platform?  Need to make a decision but need to know what is actually possible on the platform.  I know most people say they cannot do more than 250 lph on VR and wanted to see if that was true on this platform?  Please do not bash me or VR, just asking what MTs are capable of doing on the platform.  Thanks in advance. ...

Bayscribe So Much Better Than BeyondText
Jun 21, 2012

There are not as many bells and whistles, but so much easier to use, with basically one screen you are on rather than jumping all over to 10 other screens before doing the report.  Wish we could stay here forever.  ...

Beyondtext Update ?
Dec 12, 2012

Work PT at a facility as a "guest" on BeyondTxt right now.  Will be training for upgrade to some type of word based program.  I think she said the training would be about an hour. Have you all switched over to this adn what is your opinion.?   ...

Third Day Of BeyondText Problems
Dec 10, 2014

I haven't seen anyone else here mention it, but is the time-out issue in BeyondText causing trouble for anyone?  Starting to wonder if this was a planned event designed to frustrate us out of our minds on this first week of the new pay plan. ...

Which Is A Better Platform BeyondText Of BayScribe?
Oct 23, 2010

Thank you for any information!! ...

Heard Anything On When BeyondText Will Be Back
May 23, 2012

up?  Down 2 days this week, wow!  This really hurts the paycheck. ...

Question For Transcenders Whose Acct Has Moved From BS To BeyondText
Feb 09, 2011

Once your primary moved to the new platform, did you still have access to Bayscribe to work on your secondaries when work was low?  And were you told there were certain requirements you must meet in order to move with your account to BeyondText? ...

Anyone Editing VR At 800 Lph?
Feb 18, 2010

If you get 800 lph on VR, what platform to you use, what types of reports do you type?  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About VR Editing
Feb 26, 2010

Can anyone tell me about VR editing, the pay seems quite low about 3 cpl.  How many lines can you do in an hour? I am a very fast typist, but unsure about VR and have a job interview for this.  Thanks for your help ...

Editing Pay
Jun 05, 2010

I understand that everything is going to the way of the editor and not typing, but when the editor keeps missing whole sentences or makes up words that sound nothing like the doctor is saying, how is one supposed to make any money?  I only get paid .04 per line to edit and I am spening more time trying to fix editing mistakes than I would if I just erase the text and type it out.  Very frustrating.  Thank God my husband has a good paying job, otherwise I would have to find another ...

Is All Editing With VR Really This Bad?
Oct 28, 2010

I work for a company that uses M*Modal for VR and all the reports have SO much editing.  There are complete words missing, words added that clearly aren't being dictated, at least 2 words on each line that have to be edited.  I'm doing so much more work for less pay than I was straight typing everything.  This is the only editing I've done so I don't know if this is normal for editing or if M*Modal just sucks!  My line counts suck, my pay sucks.  Any ...

RE TTS: I Have Seen Where They Pay 3 Cpl For Editing .... SM
Nov 08, 2010

and I know that they use Escription.  Does anybody know if they EVER will start someone out higher than 3 cpl?  I have 32 years of MT experience and about 3 years of editing experience.  Thanks for any comments. ...

Job Sent Without Editing
Feb 14, 2011

So, last week the system went down right as I was finishing up an extremely long job.  When it finally came back up, there was another glitch and before I could hit "recover", the job sent to the hospital as I originally got it with no editing whatsoever!  The hospital got in touch with Medquist EXTREMELY upset and in turn I got an e-mail wondering why that happened.  I feel like contacting this hospital myself and letting them know this THIS is what Medquist gives us to work ...

VR Editing Course?
Apr 15, 2012

Does anyone know of a good VR editing course?  I've been an MT for 26 years but it seems obvious that editing is in my near future.  Help! ...

Editing 4 Cpl
Feb 15, 2013

Is it even possible to make good money doing editing at 4 cpl?  How much could one expect to make per hour at such a low rate? ...

How To Do VR Editing
Apr 18, 2013

I'm a seasoned MT and would like to learn how to do VR editing.  Are there any companies that will hire and train?   ...

TTS - 3.3 Cpl For Editing?
Oct 17, 2013

Recruiter called me today.  3.3 cpl for editing? Next!!! ...

How Much Editing Is Really Being Done?
Nov 18, 2013

Obviously we know the whole 50% more productive thing was a lie, but has anyone ever done a study on how much editing needs to be done on average?  Just curious if any real numbers have ever been posted on this. ...

Will VR Never Need Editing?
Feb 17, 2014

Or will all editing be done in India in the future?  I see more and more MTs retiring early and/or finding work other than MT (Walmart, etc.) until they can retire.  What will happen when there are no more MTs?  Just a thought.  ...

Editing/VR
Feb 03, 2015

Just wondering if someone out there could explain to this transcriptionist who has never worked with VR how the line count is done? Getting ready to come to work for MModal in the near future and trying to figure everything out.  ...

EMR Editing
Mar 17, 2015

Any of you currently performing EMR editing?  What does it entail?  How's the pay and how does it compare to standard VR editing?  Thank you for your input. ...

Speech Editing.
Oct 15, 2009

My quality has gone down since the clinic that I work at started this.   We use Dictaphone Extext.  Anyway, I must be going too fast or something because I seem to miss things.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I have started reading over my reports myself now before sending them through and I asked my supe if they have improved.  She said yes, but I still am making mistakes and she will send me my reports back shortly.  The only thing else I know t ...