A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NUANCE NIGHTMARE! PART 2 : ( - Ugly stuff and gibberish

Posted: May 03, 2011

Just got a crapload of rules, regulations, and BS from Nuance supervisor. I need an accountant and lawyer to interpret this junk.   If Nuance spent as much getting new accounts as they do on creating garbage names for their new "improved" way of doing things, we could all make money and quit reading notices from Nuance with all kinds of disclaimers. 

Blah!  Garbage in, garbage out to Nuance with their formulas, incentives, and BS to hide the fact they are cutting pay while shipping more work offshore.

Got the same e-mail - LOL - any questions???

[ In Reply To ..]
Hurry up and get the production done to get a bonus but in the meantime try to figure out what it takes to get a bonus and why. I pay no attention to this stuff.

nuance nightmare - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this a new wave of Nuance bonus garbage? Or first youre hearing of the bonus garbage. (Former OSI)

Similar Messages:

Nuance = Nightmare
May 02, 2011

I wish this Nuance takeover of OSi was all just a bad dream that I will soon wake up from!  I used to be a happy MT...life was good working at home and could pretty much pay the bills...UNTIL NOW!  Now have to sit around all day into the late hours of the night waiitiing for every little job to come in.  There is no communication.  The bonus was a joke.  How can they call it an incentive.  They cut my pay big time...was hoping I could get it back in "bonus" form.&nb ...

Nuance Nightmare
Jan 14, 2013

Started work as a QC at Nuance over a year ago.  I was trained on what was to be my main account which was a huge group of hospitals ihere in the Southwest state where I reside.  TIckled to death.  I'd log in to work, do my 8 hours and sign out.  Decent hourly rate, plenty of work.  Never volunteered for overtime but then again it was not mandatory. Fast forward several months and guess what?  They started outsourcing my main account to our friends and neighbo ...

Nightmare At Nuance
Sep 03, 2014

Do you wonder if the TSMs are real or are they just machines?  They all give the very same answers when you are OOW.  It is like a script that they had to learn.   No matter what the question, the same answer.  I think I am living in a nightmare at Nuance. ...

TTS A Part Of Nuance?
Aug 23, 2013

Does anyone know if TTS is a part of Nuance or in the process of?  Thank you. ...

How Many Companies Are Part Of Nuance?
Feb 09, 2011

I was just reading another thread which makes me wonder how many companies are part of Nuance?  I take it Focus, OSI, Encompass,  some connection with Webmedx (maybe just with overflow), SGS, Execuscribe, Meditech.  Any others?  I'd really like to know because it seems every time I tried in the past to look for a new job I ended up applying with the same basic MTSO, though different names.  Is there any way to find out the names of the MTSOs that get swall ...

Part Time With Nuance
May 18, 2012

I am considering a part time position with this company. As a part time employee, I was expecting the hours to be 4 hours a day, but a friend of mine also with Nuance says part time involves 8 hours on either Sat. or Sun. I was expecting and perfectly OK with 4 hours on the weekend, like any other day a part time person would normally work. Why would they expect a part time person to work 8 hours on a day when the dictation is coming in at a lesser rate than M-F if a weekend day is a normal w ...

Nuance Part Time
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone working for Nuance ever cut back to part time, 4 hours a day?  Not making enuf working for this MTSO so am getting a 2nd job.  Interview tomorrow with medical records at local hospital.  Hoping it leads to an in-house transcription job (they also have off-site).  Should have some luck with acute care, pathology and radiology backgrounds, I HOPE... ...

Is Accentus Part Of Nuance?
Apr 03, 2013

Is Accentus part of Nuance? ...

Is Transtech Part Of Nuance?
May 07, 2013

x ...

Is Amphion Part Of Nuance?
Sep 12, 2013

I work for Amphion and I'm generally happy with it. That said, I've seen on here before that Amphion is part of Nuance. Then in one of my emails recently I saw the name Nuance mentioned (in reference to workload). Is that true? That kinda makes me a little uneasy seeing that MM and N are the top two undesirables (that's putting it nicely). I've read through the Nuance postings and see alot of negative comments and I am wondering if some of that applies to Amphion MTs too. My ...

TTS- They Are Part Of Nuance Now, Correct?
Feb 09, 2015

The reason I ask is I just saw a job opening out of purportedly Livonia, Michigan.  I thought possibly it was an in-hospital job.  Since I'm in that area, I was a little excited.  Then it sent me to a link that said TTS.....  I don't know anything about them, except what I see on this board.  Isn't that Transcend and didn't they get gobbled up by Nuance?   Anyway, the good news is, Miley didn't stick her tongue out last night.  Lol. & ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

Nuance Benefits For Part Time
Mar 05, 2012

What do they offer?  I read here on this board that you do receive medical, dental, and vision, but does anyone know what else?  ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time?
Mar 21, 2012

I just had interview with Softscript and found out that they do not hire any part-time MT's.  Here they let me do testing and go to all that trouble and never even looked at my application, where I distinctly siad I wanted only part-time.  Just shows how much they look at your application.  So I am wondering now if Nuance hires that way.  If not then this is probably a waste of time too.   Very frustrating that these companies do not let you know up front.  ...

Part-time Accentus/Nuance
Feb 18, 2013

I currently work for Nuance and am looking for part time work. Accentus is hiring but I heard Nuance bought them out. So, are they still separate and I can apply? or would I in fact be working for the same company?  Getting desparate for a PT job as Nuance is not cutting it with having to stick to the 8 hous a day.  Thanks ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time Weekdays? I Already
Jul 09, 2012

have a great part-time job on the weekends I don't want to give up, but I'd like to pick up some part-time work during the week.  TIA for any info! ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

Even If Nuance Were To Announce A Raise, The Part They Fail To Mention Is That
Nov 04, 2014

Contracts are renegotiated regularly, so even if you were on an account that did not permit offshoring at any point in the past, you will sign in one day and discover WTs missing that you used to type and can watch whole blocks of reports disappear from your queue.  Nuance's survival depends upon this, and they don't care diddly squat about yours. So, dream on...and on...and on about line rates, bonuses being easier to get because of less nitpicking, etc., it isn't going to ...

The ESL Nightmare:
Dec 26, 2009

All MTs (and I'm sure that would include Indian MTs, as well!) waste time and lose money struggling with ESL dictators.  It would certainly seem to me that patients of these doctors are at higher risk for medical mistakes because no one, including their co-workers, is entirely sure what they heck those people are saying.  So why don't they simply dictate in THEIR OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE, and have that work transcribed by MTs who are also native speakers of that language?&n ...

Nightmare!
Jan 01, 2010

I was part of that lucky group whose company number was changed, but our expansions didn't move with us.  I've been trying for 2-1/2 hours to get this straightened out, was on with tech support twice and am waiting for a call back.  I also enlisted my adult son who is VERY computer savvy but have been unable to get anywhere, with probably mainly Windows Vista to blame. At this point, I would be thrilled if I at least could view my old expansion list with the hope of copying ...

Why! FTR Nightmare
May 24, 2010

Really feeling low today. Not only is work scarce but still recovering from Friday, when my last job of the day, of course, was the worst dictator I get, of course, and I could not even come close to complying with FTR so I had to send it through QA. There goes my numbers.  Just wanted to cry, in fact, think I did.  Just once again reminds me of how disemmpowered we are at this level and it is a terrible feeling.  There is really nobody you can talk to within the company structur ...

Nightmare Still Going On.......
Mar 24, 2011

From Western region - got e-mail from "interim QA" yesterday with attachment which was "normal lab values per KB Benchmark."    Third paragraph of e-mail said the MT should be ever vigilant for punctuation errors and errors in dictation of lab values by docs.  Said if doc was in error in dictating the lab value and the MT transcribes it, IT IS THE MT's FAULT !  Does this person have a Napoleonic complex or what ?  It is now expected that we must constantly check t ...

ASR Nightmare
Mar 14, 2012

My feeling is, ASR works you to death. I wish the docs that I type for, could see what their ASR reports look like when I first get them. I wish Vern could see how they look. I wish all the educated idiots who come up with "incentive" and "boost" ideas, could see what they look like. It is soooo tempting to just let one of those reports go through....just like it came to me...no corrections.....and let these docs who are the worst of the dicators, made us who type for them be put on 10 ...

VR Nightmare
May 30, 2012

When you first went to VR did you have a hard time? I've straight-typed for so many years and this seems to have thrown me off.  The mistakes have been incredible and I find myself feeling so inadequate.  ...

A New Nightmare?
Oct 28, 2014

Oh, man, I hope this doesn't mean they're going to be constantly riding our backs, cracking the MM whip again.  I want to quit already, but I'll wait and see how it goes.  ...

From Classic To Cornerstone Nightmare
Aug 31, 2012

Switching from Classic to Cornerstone is killing my income!  My CCM tells me, like all bosses do when they switch to SR, that no one is going to lose their jobs, and it will be better.  No.  What happens is our pay drops drastically, and then the work doesn't take as long to do.  Work that took 100 MTs to do can now be done by 50, and MTs lose out.  Good for MQ....bad for us. When I started here in 2006 45K a year. Now lucky if I make 25K. Now at .04 a line, tha ...

And Another Thing... Text Is A Nightmare. You Cant Add
May 11, 2014

I can't make a whole autocorrect entry of a physical exam???   You have to add each body system separately????   That's going to be like 8 or 9 or even 10 flipping entries, if I can only add about one sentence length to an entry. Not to mention I can't get my AutoText entries to import and I'm typing every. single. word. by. hand.  No expanders yet.   Lawdamercy, chillens,  I'm gonna lose my mind before the end of the week.   ...

Found An Inhouse Job And I Am Out Of This Online Nightmare
May 06, 2011

I was finally able to get hired by a local hospital that very rarely has openings. I will get to work from home once I am up to speed on their platform....doing VR....getting paid by the hour....benefits for the family of only $200/month....and PTO time. I couldn't be happier. I have been slugging it out with MTSOs for 10 years and am finally getting out of this rat race. It was music to my ears when I asked what the chances are of them ever turning their work over to a MTSO and they sa ...