A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So, who signed up for "heavy" psych work on the weekend? - for OTI

Posted: Nov 19, 2013

Who would sign up for someone with an accent with long jobs at 7.5 when you
can do the T account for 8 cpl with terrible dictators?

Or is the T account down to 7.5 cpl now like everything else? - OP (not on that account anymore)

[ In Reply To ..]
d

What difference does it make if you make 7.5 cpl or 10 cpl if sm - you only get 200 lines a day or so

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what is going on at OTI, but it is not good, at least for the MTs.

"T" account - Scooby

[ In Reply To ..]
The last time day that I had enough work on that account to amount to anything, I noticed that I only got the WORST dictators. I was wondering if the acct is going to VR because the good dictators always go to VR first. Anyone else noticed this?

I thinking maybe EMR since most ER accounts are going that way. sm - Broke OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have gotten a few of my favorites, but a lot of the dregs too, so maybe you're right. I wish they were better at communicating. Only time you hear from anyone is if they want to blast you about something wrong.

OTI - SallyAnn

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't that sound like a great deal!! IC, 7.5 CPL, work all weekend, foreign dictator, and then OTI only hires "mature transcriptionists" because they want a lot of experience! I hope no one is taking them up on these lame offers!!

Similar Messages:

If You Have Signed MQ Contract With Old Rate But No Signed
Dec 24, 2010

x ...

How To Amend A Signed Chart Note
Mar 11, 2010

Gotta question - I work in-house for a group practice that oursources the transcription to a service, then I work as an editor for the final review before the paper copy goes for signature.  The paper copies are faxed to the cc list of doctors on that note.  The original is then scanned into an EMR, with the paper copy then shredded.  There is talk of an electronic signature, but we're not there yet.  So my question is this - what would be the best way to deal with ...

Just Signed Up With Herzing University. They Do Have A Great Program.
May 18, 2010

If the coding doesnt work out for me, I will go on to RHIT or other fields within HIM. Im really excited! Hoping my Pell Grant comes through! ...

Is There Anyone Out There Who Signed Up For Supplemental Insurance Through Colonial Last Summer
Jan 03, 2013

I called them today and I am still insured with them.  So, unless this is an error on the person I talked to, my next paycheck will have deductions for that insurance in addition to the deductions for the new 2013 Nuance insurances which are through other vendors. Does anyone know about this?  Our policies with Colonial should have been cancelled by Nuance. ...

Heavy ESL?
May 22, 2011

I'm thinking of applying at MedQuist....wondering if it is mostly ESL?  Any info on Medquist would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!   ...

Just Signed On To A Great Coding School Today - Start On Monday
Mar 28, 2014

I'm one of those that had a high enough test score to get into MModal's program but didn't quite make it.  I had already been looking at one of the Coding schools but wanted to give myself a week or so to think it over and not make a knee jerk move after being passed over by MModal.  Today, I picked up the phone and signed on with the school I've had my eye on and I start on Monday!  I'm actually reeeeally excited - and surprisingly I'm actually feeli ...

With Heavy Heart
May 24, 2013

It is with heavy heart that I am giving up my career as a transcriptionist. After 19 years of transcription, with all the changes to the industry, I can no longer make the kind of money I used to make without working multiple jobs and endless hours just to get a decent line count. I have taken a wonderful position in another industry and I am looking forward to my new adventure. First time in many years (longer than I can remember), I will be working Monday through Friday with all the hol ...

Help Please With Heavy Accent On Physical ...
Feb 21, 2011

NM ...

This Company Is So Top-heavy, They Need To Change The Name To
Feb 02, 2012

just saying... look..I don't begrudge any of these business school graduates their right to validate their jobs by writing ridiculous nonsensical doublespeak tomes to impress their market share holders..but in the end this is a simple business which they have ruined.  The docs dictate the crap We type the crap We send the crap back And it's available to view.  How this information is managed and accessed of course improves with technology, but Medquist or MModal, or Doll ...

What A Morning - Nothing But Heavy Breathers And Eaters Nm
Aug 19, 2010

. ...

Am I The Only One Who HATES These Heavy Logitech Headphones?
Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these th ...

Heavy ESL Sounds Like Foot Flowed
Feb 26, 2013

Heavy ESL   Review of Systems:  Denies headache.  Denies chest pain.  Denies "foot flowed/slowed."   Any help appreciated:) ...

New Client Heavy Workload Decision To Make
Mar 18, 2011

I am an IC and have a prospective cliient who might have more work than I can handle on my own. I was really just looking for part-time job and this opportunity basically fell in my lap!   I am not sure whether to just take the job and hire other ICs to help with my overflow or just tell them I am only looking for part-time work and risk losing eveyrthing. It seems too wacky to me to to turn down an opportunity because it might be too many hours for me alone when I can outsource some of the ...

Wow! Transcend Offered On 8.5 Cpl For Heavy ESL Acute Care With 30 Years Exp.
Oct 28, 2009

nm ...

All Kinds Of Help With An Operative Report With A Surgeon With Heavy Accent: Primary Procedure: Rong
Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance! ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Getting I9 "signed" By A Notary??
Apr 19, 2013

Even after explaining what Nuance wanted, they still refused to sign (as instructed in the letter by Nuance).    Will Nuance accept scanned photos of SS/License as proof?? ...

Could A Patella Have Heavy "velour" (like The Fabric)
Dec 05, 2011

Psych Med
Aug 06, 2010

[sounds like bathanical] 10 mg tablets three times a day ...

Psych Job
Oct 29, 2010

Did anybody who applied for the psych job ever hear back? ...

Psych Help Please
Aug 24, 2011

Suicidal patient. Leading sentences below: Positive suicidal ideation. No homicidal ideation. Positive auditory hallucinations. Positive s/l flight of ideas. Positive s/l 10 dentiality. Negative visual hallucinations. Thank you, Teri ...

In A Psych Report, What Does This Mean?
May 18, 2010

TB/TI/TC/TW Thanks.  ...

Psych Scale
Jun 23, 2010

The patient completed a PHQ and a s/l lupus Functioning Scale.  Lucas?  Can't document anywhere.  TIA. ...

Psych Consultation
Oct 19, 2010

At the end of the report the doctor says Axis I -Adjustment disorder with anxiety, moderate in degree. Then he says "New paragraph, Psychogenic amnesia", then he says Axis II . Do I skip a line after Axis I, then write Psychogenic amnesia? How do I set that up? Please help, Thanks. ...

The Psych Ad Is Posted Again
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like the psych position is open....? ...

Psych Diagnosis
Jan 23, 2011

I am wondering if it is necessary to type out GAF in the diagnosis or to leave as is.  Thanks for your advice. ...

Psych MT By The Hour
Mar 03, 2011

Someone posted a job on the Job Seekers board advertising $12.00 an hour for a psych MT.   How does that work?  They don't mean a dictated hour do they?  ...

Psych Transcribing?
Mar 26, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me why many of the companies who have psych reports only want MTs with 5 or more years experience? I've done a few psych reports and had no problems with them. I find them fascinating and would love to secure a job doing mainly those type of reports (if there are such jobs?). Just wondering why the 5 year requirement? Thank you in advance to anyone who has an answer.  ...

Psych Med Lacturna
Jul 31, 2012

s/l Lactura lacturna floctura, said with Hispanic accent, 40 mg a day.  ?? ...

Psych Term
Oct 10, 2012

I am stuck on a term that has been repeated several times in a progress note and I'm not getting it nor am I finding it on the internet.  Of course, my word books are at home and I'm working from my sister's today to look after my mom....anywho.  Here are  my blanks:    He also reported some benefit from the increase in the Cogentin with decreased _____.  In addition, his Cogentin was increased from 1 mg to 1.5 mg and then to 2 mg due to complaint ...

Psych Work
Sep 26, 2014

Does anyone know any companies hiring for Psych specialty? ...