A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there anyone out there who signed up for supplemental insurance through Colonial last summer - AnnieOakley

Posted: Jan 03, 2013

I called them today and I am still insured with them.  So, unless this is an error on the person I talked to, my next paycheck will have deductions for that insurance in addition to the deductions for the new 2013 Nuance insurances which are through other vendors. Does anyone know about this?  Our policies with Colonial should have been cancelled by Nuance.

I figured it out. - AnnieOakley

[ In Reply To ..]
The only insurance duplicated is Short Term Disability. So I will cancel that one.

Similar Messages:

Concern Over Supplemental Insurance Deadlines !!
Aug 28, 2012

This is what I understand to be true: If we had supplemental insurance through Alpha Staff, such as Critical Accident, Cancer Insurance, Short Term Disability, etc., the expiration of this coverages ends this Friday, August 31. I have spoken with Colonial , the company we are supposed to call to discuss new coverage, this morning.  They told me they are waiting on "something" from our company before they can give quotes or put us in the system individually. It sounds like if we get a c ...

Supplemental Insurance Coverage Ends Aug 31
Aug 29, 2012

If you have the Critical Accident, Cancer, Short Term Disability, etc through Alpha Staff, it is ending August 31, I was told by a phone call to Alpha today. Have not heard anything from Colonial yet regarding a new policy. Just to let anyone know who cares. ...

If You Have Signed MQ Contract With Old Rate But No Signed
Dec 24, 2010

x ...

Need Supplemental Income
Apr 15, 2013

Anyone know of a good small company that I can work just for supplental income?  I don't need a lot, just something to help out.  I prefer a small company without all of the bells and whistles that come with the larger ones.  TIA ...

Patient Takes Multiple Supplemental Vitamins
Sep 14, 2010

s/l So-roo-ta, s/l Ping, s/l ADD5 Plus, s/l Twi-lite-tine, s/l ara-bin-ma-neg-rate, s/l Toe-me powder and s/l  I know this is a lot but if you could help with any.  This PA is terrible!!! Thanks for any help.   ...

How To Amend A Signed Chart Note
Mar 11, 2010

Gotta question - I work in-house for a group practice that oursources the transcription to a service, then I work as an editor for the final review before the paper copy goes for signature.  The paper copies are faxed to the cc list of doctors on that note.  The original is then scanned into an EMR, with the paper copy then shredded.  There is talk of an electronic signature, but we're not there yet.  So my question is this - what would be the best way to deal with ...

Okay It's Mid Summer
Jul 17, 2012

they said early summer but I think we can safely say it's mid summer now.  Where's the compensation plan? ...

Just Signed Up With Herzing University. They Do Have A Great Program.
May 18, 2010

If the coding doesnt work out for me, I will go on to RHIT or other fields within HIM. Im really excited! Hoping my Pell Grant comes through! ...

Summer Break
May 28, 2010

How do other mothers deal with summer break when their kids are out of school as far as working for a company?  Do some companies let you have summers off and then return in the fall?  Do some MTs change their schedules around possibly doing work at night, etc?  Any companies better about this than others? ...

Whew! By The End Of This Summer I Will Be Done With MT!!!
Jun 19, 2010

I just accepted a job as an office manager in the medical field.  It took a lot of work to find a good job that did not feel like a step down, but I did it.  There is hope out there folks.  There are people that value the skills and expertise that a medical transcriptionist can bring to a company!  If you are fed up with this field, press on!  There are options out there for us.   ...

Just Signed On To A Great Coding School Today - Start On Monday
Mar 28, 2014

I'm one of those that had a high enough test score to get into MModal's program but didn't quite make it.  I had already been looking at one of the Coding schools but wanted to give myself a week or so to think it over and not make a knee jerk move after being passed over by MModal.  Today, I picked up the phone and signed on with the school I've had my eye on and I start on Monday!  I'm actually reeeeally excited - and surprisingly I'm actually feeli ...

$11/hour For HS Students In Summer Jobs
Oct 14, 2011

Are we worth more than a high school student in a temporary summer job because $11/hour is what they get paid in at least one of the cities here.  Pretty sad, isn't it? ...

Life's Ups And Downs And My Summer Night With Jon Bon Jovi!
Aug 03, 2010

Hello girls. If you all remember my WONDERFUL husband got me tickets for us to see Bon Jovi at Solider Field for Christmas. I FINALLY go to use them Friday night. Woweeee! Just some background on what is going in with my family.... My husband is an electrician who got laid off in January....still not back to work. Making COBRA payments to keep insurance....sheesh. 12-year-old daughter needs braces....$5000 with $500 downpayment due initially. My father-in-law was diagnosed with Stage 4 ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

Well, I Did It. I Enrolled For Summer Semester. I Am Entering The Rad Tech Program At My Local Col
Apr 13, 2010

After years of thinking about going back to school and then talking myself out of it because I didn't want to face college again at age 40, I decided I need more job security, better pay and growth potential.  So I filled out the financial aid forms, enrolled in a couple of classes for the summer, and here I go.  I'm a little nervous actually.  Been a loooooonnng while since I sat in a classroom, took notes, and took exams.  My retention isn't wh ...

Suggested Summer Reading For MTs - - Regarding 'how The World Turns Today/globalization And How
Jun 19, 2010

I left my employer of TEN YEARS, the subject of this particular forum, on April 27 after months of dealing with being in what felt like "a constant state of shock" -- while I watched my income plummet, my work pool grow from 2 basic primary hospitals and one seconday to about 25 different hospitals and clinics; it was to the point where I never felt like I knew what I was doing.  I was always working in a "different state/city/local region" where all the adjunctive medical facilit ...

Is It True That Employees At Amphion Had To Work Mandatory OT All Summer Long?
Jan 29, 2011

Wow.  That stinks.  I like to enjoy my summers.  I was thinking about applying to them, but I don't know now.  I've heard about the same amount of negatives that I've heard positives about this company...  Any other opinions out there?    ...

So, Who Signed Up For "heavy" Psych Work On The Weekend?
Nov 19, 2013

Who would sign up for someone with an accent with long jobs at 7.5 when youcan do the T account for 8 cpl with terrible dictators? ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Getting I9 "signed" By A Notary??
Apr 19, 2013

Even after explaining what Nuance wanted, they still refused to sign (as instructed in the letter by Nuance).    Will Nuance accept scanned photos of SS/License as proof?? ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

TT Insurance...
Dec 30, 2009

Just curious if anyone currently working at TT has received their new insurance info in the mail?  Yes, I've contacted HR but I never get a response. Thx ...

FYI Regarding Insurance
May 17, 2011

I don't know if yall know this, but I found out during the process of appealing an insurance claim that MedQuist is self-insured.  They set our rates and our benefits and pay all our claims, United Healthcare just administers the fund!  Kind of explains why things got so sh***y so fast, it's because MedQuist is calling the shots ...

MQ Insurance
Jul 12, 2011

Just wondering, MQ says that there insurance is second to none.  So, how good is their insurance and how expensive?  TIA Looking for love in all the wrong places, apparently. ...

So If You Are Ex JLG Now Do You Just Not Have Any Insurance Or What
Oct 02, 2011

Do we have to wait 90 days just like when hired on at a new job? I don't understand how this is fair considering I didn't ask for a change.  ...

Insurance-fed Up
Feb 16, 2012

I have had to use this insurance several times for MRIs.  This insurance pays for NOTHING.  I sure hope with the switch in suits and the new name change we can get a cheaper deductible when the benefits package comes up again in June.  This is just horrible!  This is eating up my paycheck fast. ...

LTD, STD Insurance Up
Mar 13, 2012

Did anyone else's insurance go up on LTD and STD insurance rate on the last paycheck.  These insurance companies are nickel, diming and $100 their way thru our pay. ...

Gap Insurance
Apr 06, 2012

message deleted ...