A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

am I the only one who HATES these heavy Logitech headphones? - not to mention they twist on themselves so bad

Posted: Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these things is not. 

any ideas?  What are my options??

I bought my own and kept theirs as a backup. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not understanding the problem-why can't you - Use your own?

[ In Reply To ..]
They are not forcing you to use that headset. They provided it to supply a complete system.

I do not know how they could guess what kind every MT liked. No matter what they supplied, you would probably prefer something else.

If they did supply a better headset, most would be tried out and never used again, but nobody else would want them because they had been in someone's ears. Another bunch of them would end up being resold on EBay. The cost of all those unused and resold headsets would get passed on to you in the form of lower pay.

Just get your own.

I LOVE the stethoscope headsets - But mine broke

[ In Reply To ..]
and Im broke so Im using the ear buds that came with my Iphone

Similar Messages:

Question About The Logitech Headphones
Apr 12, 2012

Why did they send headphones with a mic attached to it? ...

Am I The Only One Who Hates This New DocQscribe?
Aug 01, 2012

I just finished the first half of my day and I just want to scream. I dont like it at all. I hate the look, I hate the windows, I hate the ASR. I heard some people are getting straight typing, but I have not had any. I have horrible ASR. I cant find doctors I need, and what is with the little question marks? I just want to click my heels and be back on DocQscribe 6 land. Is that too darn much to ask? Ok, Im going to take a jog around the block to blow off steam before I hit the second ha ...

Logitech Keyboards
Mar 24, 2011

I recently started having some issues with my Logitech wireless keyboard where it was getting harder to press down on the keys.  I recently moved and when I got everything set up I noticed that the touch seemed to be different.  Shook the keyboard out, took a damp cloth and wiped the keyboard down, etc and still seems to be "different."  I called Logitech this morning and explained what was going on and they are replacing the keyboard free of charge and apparently, you do not have ...

Wireless Logitech Keyboard
Apr 11, 2010

Has anybody experienced Logitech S530 wireless keyboard wearing out after about 6 months of heavy use?  Mine is skipping spaces and letters. It is very frustrating.  I have ordered a new one, but wonder if this is the norm for them.  I have changed batteries 3 times in 6 months.  I really am having second thoughts about continuing with it. ...

Which Keyboard Would You Choose? Logitech
Mar 04, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions! ...

Microsoft 4000 Keyboard Versus Logitech
Aug 28, 2014

i have been using the Microsoft 4000 keyboard for quite a few years now and love the shape and features, but it doesn't seem to last more then 5 or 6 months, so when it starts acting up I just order a new one off Amazon and keep the replacement close by until the old one dies.  When looking tonight for my next replacement, I spotted the Logitech wave combo mk550 wireless with a wireless mouse.  The keyboard is just a little different but the wireless part appeals to me.  I wo ...

Heavy ESL?
May 22, 2011

I'm thinking of applying at MedQuist....wondering if it is mostly ESL?  Any info on Medquist would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!   ...

With Heavy Heart
May 24, 2013

It is with heavy heart that I am giving up my career as a transcriptionist. After 19 years of transcription, with all the changes to the industry, I can no longer make the kind of money I used to make without working multiple jobs and endless hours just to get a decent line count. I have taken a wonderful position in another industry and I am looking forward to my new adventure. First time in many years (longer than I can remember), I will be working Monday through Friday with all the hol ...

Help Please With Heavy Accent On Physical ...
Feb 21, 2011

NM ...

This Company Is So Top-heavy, They Need To Change The Name To
Feb 02, 2012

just saying... look..I don't begrudge any of these business school graduates their right to validate their jobs by writing ridiculous nonsensical doublespeak tomes to impress their market share holders..but in the end this is a simple business which they have ruined.  The docs dictate the crap We type the crap We send the crap back And it's available to view.  How this information is managed and accessed of course improves with technology, but Medquist or MModal, or Doll ...

What A Morning - Nothing But Heavy Breathers And Eaters Nm
Aug 19, 2010

. ...

Heavy ESL Sounds Like Foot Flowed
Feb 26, 2013

Heavy ESL   Review of Systems:  Denies headache.  Denies chest pain.  Denies "foot flowed/slowed."   Any help appreciated:) ...

New Client Heavy Workload Decision To Make
Mar 18, 2011

I am an IC and have a prospective cliient who might have more work than I can handle on my own. I was really just looking for part-time job and this opportunity basically fell in my lap!   I am not sure whether to just take the job and hire other ICs to help with my overflow or just tell them I am only looking for part-time work and risk losing eveyrthing. It seems too wacky to me to to turn down an opportunity because it might be too many hours for me alone when I can outsource some of the ...

Wow! Transcend Offered On 8.5 Cpl For Heavy ESL Acute Care With 30 Years Exp.
Oct 28, 2009

nm ...

All Kinds Of Help With An Operative Report With A Surgeon With Heavy Accent: Primary Procedure: Rong
Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance! ...

So, Who Signed Up For "heavy" Psych Work On The Weekend?
Nov 19, 2013

Who would sign up for someone with an accent with long jobs at 7.5 when youcan do the T account for 8 cpl with terrible dictators? ...

Could A Patella Have Heavy "velour" (like The Fabric)
Dec 05, 2011

Hum In Headphones
Mar 08, 2012

I run my headphones through my speakers because I can get a lot more volume; however, I recently moved and now I seem to be getting a hum noise.  Everything is hooked up the same so not sure what the deal is.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Are Headphones With USB Better?
Apr 17, 2012

Really looking for crisper sound but also need volume (now using a sound booster) .  One of my accounts is ridiculously low volume, and I can barely hear with the booster and volume maxed. Do you feel USB headphones have better quality sound?  If so, can you get the volume as high as if using a booster? ...

Need To Buy A New Set Of Headphones
Aug 28, 2013

I need to buy a new set of headphones and I was just wondering what are some of the good ones out there?  I bought a really nice set, but they don't fit into the comuter.  Thanks for any help you can offer! ...

Most Comfortable Headphones
Oct 15, 2009

Which headphones do you like the best in terms of comfort and quality? Some of the ones that fit inside the ears, the earbuds, make my ears sore. My boss suggested the noise-canceling kind that fit over the ears, but they are very expensive and they also look like they were be very heavy to wear. Any recommendations would be great, thank you. ...

Comfortable Headphones
Oct 18, 2009

I've always used just cheap stereo headphones but I want to try some of the ones that are made specifically for transcription. The problem is the kind that fit inside my ears can hurt, the ones that are more rounded buds and have foam on them. What headphones do you recommend that are comfortable inside the ear? I tried some recently from a fellow MT and I think they were made by Lanier but I can't remember, but they seemed comfortable. Is Lanier the best also for sound quality? I loo ...

Good Headphones?
Dec 03, 2009

Hi...My headphones bit the dust.  I like over-the-ear headphones.  It is hard to find a store that has a setup so you can listen to the sound quality.  What brands/models do you all like for better voice discrimination?  Thanks in advance. ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Interference With Headphones
Oct 23, 2010

Does anyone use a laptop with a wireless router and does it cause any interference on your headphones?  Sometimes my cellphone will cause a clicking/crackling sound in my headphones when it rings, so I'm wondering if a router will do the same thing.  Thanks! ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Decent Headphones
Jan 07, 2011

I just graduated and am starting the job search process. The headphones I used during school are pretty trashed. I want to get a decent pair that aren't super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions/pair they really like? ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Your Opinion - Best Headphones
Oct 11, 2011

Just wondering what kind of headphones are your favorites and why? I need a new pair but wanted some ideas of what everyone is using. ...

Where Is The Best Place To Get Headphones. I Like
Mar 08, 2012

the type like a stethoscope that go right into the ear that are plastic.  I dont like the aluminum ones.  Mine are just falling apart it seems.  I also have a dictator that hardly talks into the phone and I cant get the volume up any higher than their system so that is also a problem.  ...