A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

All kinds of help with an operative report with a surgeon with heavy accent: Primary Procedure: Rong - Grammy North

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you in advance!

Need more information - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

all kinds of help with an operative report - MT1

[ In Reply To ..]
What's the question?

Tip: Don't capitalize each word of the procedure. Not - proper nouns. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Help Please With Heavy Accent On Physical ...
Feb 21, 2011

NM ...

Procedure Report For Nuclear Medicine Procedure, And After All Is Set To Go, PROCEDURE IS ABORTED.
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:  Brachytherapy implant. Now, where does "PROCEDURE ABORTED" go, so patient isnt charged for it, etc, and no errors are made? And, should it be all caps? In name of procedure or as a separate "Please Note:" Its dictated as name of procedure but Dr. is indecisive and stutters dictation ambiguously. ...

Operative Procedure - Right Hemicolectomy With Intraoperative Biopsy Of Sm
Apr 15, 2010

peritoneal s/l "seeding"? ...

Operative Report-revised Septorhinoplasty
Apr 14, 2010

Operative report, secondary procedure is revised septorhinoplasty.  The preoperative diagnosis is "Palaferal calasis nasal deformity" is what it sounds like, but I have looked in my book and searched the web-cannot find anything that matches...can anyone help me please!! ...

Operative Report Anthology Stem
Aug 17, 2011

Anthology stem, high offset with a plus 8 occinium head Do you captilize Anthology and Occinium? in all caps like online? ...

Type Of Sheath- Operative Report
Nov 21, 2012

7-French "dilock" sheath ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

Surgical S/l "floor Time" In Operative Report
Nov 11, 2011

Is this a commonly used term?  I have not done very many operative reports, and none for this particular doctor.  It sound like she says "Floor time 9.25 minutes."  I guess this means the time in surgery, but I have not heard this before.  ...

The Kinds Of Things ASR Will Never Catch.
Apr 13, 2012

I'd love to know how my old hospital feels about the reports that they're putting in their charts, now that they've outsourced everything to a company that uses ASR (which, incidentally, they were not told would be used when they contracted with the MTSO....although they may have assumed it--I don't know).   There are just soooo many things that ASR will never, ever catch--especially in cases where the doctor is just being absent-minded.  For instance, I once had a ...

Plastic Surgeon
Dec 12, 2014

Has anyone ever heard of a plastic surgeon being referred to as a "plastiastist".   Doctor says: "patient will consult with his (sl) plastiastist, when his patella ulcers are healed".....the dictation is short, so I can't add any further information to help with this.   ...

Okay. I Know As MTs We Have To Listen To All Kinds Of Noise From Doctors Dictating, But Sm
Mar 22, 2013

if I have to listen to this guy belch loudly into my ear one more time, I'm going to have a melt down.  I really wish I could tell him he needs to see a gastroenterologist, cause he really has a problem with this!!   ICK!  ...

Procedure Of Ankle Sx,, S/l Brostin, Berostin, Perostin Procedure
Oct 24, 2009

I have a patient who had a px of her ankle. The doctor did not give any hx of injury or any symptoms, just stated that she had a left ankle arthroscopy and what sounds like a Brostin procedure of her ankle? Anyone ever hear of this? Thank you so much in advance! Forgive my giddiness today but I havent' had a lot of sleep in the past several days and I do get giddy with little sleep. For some reason, one of my mom's most famous sayings just came to mind: "From the day of your ...

My Message Was Harmless Yet Removed! Why Does The Moderator Leave All Kinds Of Bashing Messages But
Oct 25, 2011

seems out of sort, sorry! Just don't get it! ...

Caught Flak Here For Excessive Charge By Vascular Surgeon
Oct 08, 2013

Back in September went to a vascular surgeon who saw me for a few minutes, said had no clue why my legs tired, hurting at night and proceeded to charge my insurance $325.00. I thought excessive being as nothing done. Others here said I had to pay for his office, his staff, and on and on. I called my insurance company, reported as excessive. I cancelled followup with him. Yesterday self referred to another physician, location approximately same as first. This particular physician said what he ...

Accent Help, Please...
Jul 01, 2011

I'm having trouble understanding this dr. with an Asian accent on this part.  She's dictating that the "Patient was admitted to s/l tree telemetry..."  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Podiatry Help - Bad Accent
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. is mumbling something horrible with a heavy South African accent. The patient is status post a corrective triple arthrodesis with bone graft for posttraumatic arthritis for a "s/l fill-ank-u-los" fracture. Thanks for looking!   I appreciate the help! ME ...

Bah!! Give Me An ESL With An Accent ANY DAY Over
Aug 12, 2012

Heavy ESL?
May 22, 2011

I'm thinking of applying at MedQuist....wondering if it is mostly ESL?  Any info on Medquist would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!   ...

Trouble With A Japanese Accent.
Dec 30, 2010

I am transcribing for a Japanese doctor and there are a few words I for the life of me cannot understand. #1: 1.  Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome related complex with moderately severe neuropathy.   2.  Pancytopenia secondary to #1.   3.  Status-post left hemispheric CVA with _____ mild right hemiparesis. Sounds like dee-sald-in and I figured the "in" is "and". I tried to think of words that meant "not as much" since mild was also used in the sentence ...

With Heavy Heart
May 24, 2013

It is with heavy heart that I am giving up my career as a transcriptionist. After 19 years of transcription, with all the changes to the industry, I can no longer make the kind of money I used to make without working multiple jobs and endless hours just to get a decent line count. I have taken a wonderful position in another industry and I am looking forward to my new adventure. First time in many years (longer than I can remember), I will be working Monday through Friday with all the hol ...

Extremely Fast Talking With An Accent.
Feb 07, 2011

I have been transcribing for 11 years and everytime I get a fasting talking dictator with an accent, it slows me down so much that it affects my production.  I have slowed down the speed and added several expanders but that does not seem to help. Are there any tips or suggestions anyone has that can help? Thanks, Mel ...

MRI Of Brain Tumor With Indian Accent
May 15, 2011

Any help is appreciated.  I'm stuck on 2 words. 1. Sagittal T1-weighted images were followed by axial proton density and T2-weighted images.  Subsequently, formal T1-weighted images were followed by postgadolinium. 2. On the nongadolinium enhanced T2-weighted images, increase signal is identified within the left sphenoid sinus.  This is probably related to a transphenodial pituitary; this concession in this patient. I know these aren't the correct words but they sound ...

This Company Is So Top-heavy, They Need To Change The Name To
Feb 02, 2012

just saying... look..I don't begrudge any of these business school graduates their right to validate their jobs by writing ridiculous nonsensical doublespeak tomes to impress their market share holders..but in the end this is a simple business which they have ruined.  The docs dictate the crap We type the crap We send the crap back And it's available to view.  How this information is managed and accessed of course improves with technology, but Medquist or MModal, or Doll ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l Accent On The Right And Retained Hardware On The Left
Jan 05, 2011

Total hip arthroplasty infection with enterococcus with single-stage s/l accent on the right and retained hardware on the left. ...

What A Morning - Nothing But Heavy Breathers And Eaters Nm
Aug 19, 2010

. ...

Am I The Only One Who HATES These Heavy Logitech Headphones?
Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these th ...

Heavy ESL Sounds Like Foot Flowed
Feb 26, 2013

Heavy ESL   Review of Systems:  Denies headache.  Denies chest pain.  Denies "foot flowed/slowed."   Any help appreciated:) ...

Please Help With Skin Exam For Physician With Extremely Thick Accent ...
Jan 10, 2011

The patient has a history of having skin cancers removed.  Physician dictates ... "Skin, multiple s/l something that ends with natosis and premalignant lesions, as well as scars from multiple surgeries from the skin cancers." TIA ...

Operative Word
May 10, 2011

The sentinel node was identified and excised.  It had an (s/l ex-vevo) count of 2800. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Help With An Operative Word!
Sep 07, 2011

This is in reference to a gastric bypass, ......Roux and Egrec were performed.  THANKS! ...