A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh this is gonna really tick people off! - Veteran MT

Posted: Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single software out there that will grow arms out of your keyboard and do the typing for you -- you have to do SOME "demographics" typing. As far as editing is concerned, if you find a company that does all transcription right now, I guarantee that  you will be editing very shortly so you better get used to it! ....so you better get over that too!   waaaa waaaa waaaa!

Transcend has resources you can contact if you are unhappy with your work....like an EAP. Use it. You have the number, give her a call and discuss it with her. Oh by the way, compared to where I used to work *BEYONDTXT ROCKS!* .....and I have a fantastic account! ....eat your heart out people!Tongue out

Transcend has everything going for it! Except work for - new hires! LOL... nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

well, you know, not a peep about that from the OP. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

oh I get it-- this is a reverse psychology Transcend-bashing post - to make people hate it even more. Gotcha. :)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

BRAVO! This not only applies to Transcend but to all the big companies out there. sm - Sheesh

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think that everyone is unhappy at MedQuist, Heartland, Webmedx, Keystrokes, Transcend, All-Type, DTS, Diskriter or any of the other companies? I don't think so. These companies have 1000 to 12,000 employees each, many whom have been with them for many, many years. The companies would not be in business if they were so horrible. They would not be able to get or keep accounts or MT's. They would not be able to continue to grow and thrive. Here's a hard fact for the hateful people on this board: it is a SMALL percentage of transcriptionists who are so unhappy with their employers. Most transcriptionists make decent money, at least like if not love the company they work for and will stay in transcription for many more years.

BRAVO! This not only applies to Transcend but to all the big companies out there. sm - Sheesh - Veteran MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you 100% This board is vicious. It does very little in helping anyone to make a decision to apply to a company. The whiners always scream the loudest don't they?

But you stooped to a very low level to make a point. - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
With your haughty post, I don't think you are any better than the whiners--just the other extreme. I think you should be ashamed of yourself. And the fact that you aren't only confirms my assessment of you as a person.

Veteran MT - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Spoken like a true suit!

Touche' - that is exactly what I thought... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Don't contact the EAP - ex-Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so very glad you are happy at Transcend, but a great majority of MTs are not happy with the company, and have been treated really unfairly. We are not talking about VR or the usual things you are disgruntled about, but major issues with this company, and the fact that the EAP will quickly get you into trouble if you think you are going to her for help and find out that she is telling everything to your TL and above, and these are things you don't want anyone else to know about. Once they are told what you are upset about they make your life miserable. A few months she came on here, "seeking" out upset MTs and telling them that they did not have anything to fear, she was on their side, but that quickly turned around in the other direction. I could not believe how truly naive this woman was, and how truly inept at her job she was. Did she really think that they were going to do everything they could to make the MTs happy, and try to resolve issues. She actually made me feel like I had a friend, but then when they accused me of some things I had not done, she turned in the other direction and began to side with management, and I am not the only one this happened to. I actually went with a company that does care about their MTs, treats them with kindness and compassion, and works with them. They don't stick you in a class and tell you to get everything down pat in 2 days and then just tell you that you are now on your own. BeyondTXT is a horrible platform. The company was not honest with the MTs and actually covered up a lot of information, until the MTs were going broke. You don't fool me, and I know hundreds of MTs have left. They over-hired and were always saying "there is work out there, better jump on, we need help, hurry, hurry. Well, the work would be gone in about 1 hour and there was no work. I had 3 accts, and they all dried up, and when I told them I needed more work they did not believe me. They terminated me, but I did not see it coming. I was led to believe they would work things out with me, and essentially used me to work a holiday weekend, and come Monday morning I had a conference call that lasted maybe all of 10 minutes..essentially I was fired, and they timed it just right too, at the end of the month, so my benefits were also gone, and this was after our EAP told me that everything would be just fine, but she knew otherwise and said nothing. What a lousy, unprofessional bunch of people to work for. So you can say waaa waaa waaa all you want and point fingers at us and mock us, but why would be want to work there when there are sarcastic people like you who make fun of others, maybe one day we will be saying that to you.

This post rings a lot more true than the cheerleading post. - Sorry this happened to you!

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's see what kind of snarky comments you get from the Transcend management plants...er...I mean MTs (wink, wink).

At least you had a conference call - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
informing you that you were being terminated. I was informed by an email from the TL - LOL - I guess they could not get up the guts to talk to me in person, as they knew that they were in the wrong and would not have any straight answers for the reasoning for my termination.

I wonder why all happy Transcenders post immature comments - Anyone else curious?

[ In Reply To ..]
From the "waaa waaa waaa" to the "eat your heart out people" and the tongue face, I think my 10-year-old nephew could have posted a more mature, intelligent post to get his point across.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but whenever one of these oh-so-happy Transcenders pop up and post, they always strike me as being composed by a child.

I would like a link or statistics to back up the poster's assertion that it's a 10:1 "happiness" ratio at Transcend, though.

You don't think waaa waaa waaa is an intelligent comment? - How "hateful" of you. LOL. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just call me Debbie Downer, lol! - Anyone else curious?

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, if I were trying to negate comments about my employer or trying to make a GOOD impression, I think I'd skip the "waaaa waaaa waaaa" and sarcasm.

Maybe the OP is gunning for management position. I'm not a Transcender but from what I've read on this board, she might be an ideal candidate, right?
You don't even work there? Do you not have something better to do than sm - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
to comment negatively on SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT????

I think that if someone does not know something firsthand, they should keep their "observations" to themselves.

It makes me wonder how many of the negative comments are by MTs or ex-MTs who do not work for any of the companies they bash.

There is a word for you and people like you, and that word is POTSTIRRER. You create drama for the sake of drama with NO BASIS IN FACT.

Go crawl back in your hole.
This little drama has been played out for EVERYONE - Not just Transcenders
[ In Reply To ..]
This is called the company board. Lots of people post about lots of companies here. We read them and we follow them. We are informed. I know that gets your craw, but there are people here who know all about Transcend and have never worked a day (nor would ever consider working a day) for them.

This is why MTSOs need to be careful how they treat people. It's not just their little peons that they are insulting - the whole MT world is watching you.

P.S. your post looks curiously like the Transcend management person who likes to come here and call people names in ALL CAPS. Don't YOU have anything better to do with YOUR time? Like figure out how to keep your MTs happy and working?
Scoot over in that hole if you want me to join you - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
Lovely post, just lovely.

Just to heighten your senses as to life in the 21st century since you've obviously not left your computer much in the past 10 years or so, there is nothing PRIVATE once you post something on the PUBLIC internet. You Transcenders choose to air your dirty laundry on a PUBLIC forum, which makes it fodder for every single person who comes through this forum. If you're so concerned, why not post all your drivel on the Transcend MT board?

Yeah, I thought as much, lol!

There's a word for people like you, too. It's called EXPENDABLE.

You need to go crawl back into your hole - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
The OP stated from what she has read on this board - unfortunately many people from different MTSO companies follow these posts regardless of if it is the company they work for. It gives them a place to read and get info, negative or positive, to form their own personal opinions about any company regardless of if they have first hand experience. The OP was not rude unlike yourself. If you read so much negativity about a specific company you may give it a second thought before applying for a position with that company. I would call the POTSTIRRER the person who started this post by saying "Oh this going to really tick people off." So yada, yada, yada.
Funny! I LOVE Debbie Downer! :) nm - ScoobieDoobieDoo
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Waaa Waaa is the only language you crybabies understand - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Cry

Eat my heart out why? Because YOU drank the kool-aid? - No envy here, trust me!

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post is rude and condescending.

Goody gumdrops - bet they are glad to have you.....ha ha ha ha - paid to make them sound good??..nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Point well taken - ScoobieDoobieDoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand your point, but I also understand how it is to work at home with no one to be a sounding board when you have a complaint about work.

Most people get to go out to lunch or break with their co-workers and 'discuss' matters.

A long time ago, I had an MT job and conditions went south. Had I not had this board to come to, and listen to others who had the same complaints, I don't know......I needed someone to listen and understand where I was coming from.

My poor husband can only "lend and ear" to a certain point when I'm furious. He does try, though.

I saw a lot of complaints here about the company I work for now and almost did not apply. I did apply, though, and this is the best job I've ever had - not perfect but a decent job.

Everybody needs a sounding board. I'm glad for the 90% of Transcenders who are happy. Makes me feel better, because when things aren't going so great at my job (and we all have those days) I have considering going to Transcend.

A Suit by any other name is still..... a SUIT. - Buh-bye, Suit.

[ In Reply To ..]

Lay off the Transcend manager. She just lost it. - Who can blame her.

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't mind working in upper management there, but can you imagine the miserable life of a TL. All the unhappy Transcend employees venting at her day in and day out. No wonder she flew off her rocker. I would advise her to find a better company herself, for her own sanity.

I've worked at companies where my workers were more negative than I was, but never, never did I think they were "hateful" or "full of rage." Certainly I would never jeer at them or mock them for their experiences. Management, unfortunately, was more inclined to make fun of us, and that's the tone that comes across in the original post. Management will take a negative company review personally, in a way that a company employee will not. I really do not mind if someone has a bad experience with my company-- I feel bad for that person and wish things would work out better. It doesn't fill me with anger and desire for vengeance. Management, on the other hand, is (necessarily) so invested in a company, that a negative word about the company will feel like a personal insult. That sense of vengeance by the OP is what persuades me that it is written by management. (It's ludicrous to me, as an employee, to think of writing an "I'm happy with my job, d--- it!" kind of post.)

Recently I read a post by a lady who is working for the same company I do, but is earning 1 cpl less, and on a more difficult account. Would I laugh at her and say, Ha ha, I've got a great account, I'm happy, so shut up and stop complaining, and eat your heart out, sucker!? --Hardly!! It makes me feel, That's too bad, that's not fair, I wonder why that is happening, and what options does she have. Maybe I'm too Pollyanna but I think most MTs would have the same reaction, if a coworker was having a bad experience with the same company. Even if you were happy as a clam, you would want to help the more unfortunate person, even if only to think, Well that sucks for them. It wouldn't enrage you if they were having a hard time! But see, I don't have the company's reputation to uphold, so I wouldn't be angry at that woman for saying "Here is what Transcend is paying me, here is the work I have to do." It might infuriate a TL or ROM, though, that her complaints were hurting Transcend's reputation.

Which brings me back to my original point. If a manager's self-esteem is tied in with their job and their company, then Transcend managers must feel insecure and insulted by every post that describes the facts for Transcend MTs. That's where the managers themselves have to decide, is the stress worth it for me, to fly off the handle and make a fool of myself, or to constantly have to absorb all this negative feedback. That can NOT be enjoyable.

My "experience" with Transcend- 2 weeks, ALWAYS out of work - - l

[ In Reply To ..]
Let me tell you about my great experience-recent-with this caring company. I worked for 2 weeks. The did NOT supply enough phone lines to the hospital. I spent 45 minutes to an HOUR a day trying to get phone lines. Old system, eh? My fault? I don't think so. Then, there would be ONE JOB- COUNT IT- ONE JOB available after spending 15 MINUTES to get in.

I would have made $30.00 a day there. So I quit.

And, they did not want to pay for training. Over 300 emails, they wanted to call that "not" training. I sincerely don't know what it was if it was not training.

In a nutshell, they CARE LESS about their skilled MTs. Really. I read all the BS and still went with them, I expected something mediocre, but not $30 a day and never having any work and not being paid for training and them not ensuring enough phone lines into hospital. Go to DIGITAL recorders and digital transfer. Do we MTs have to spell everything out to the cheap MTSOs? I am down to where I will never work employee again. They cry and cry about money and professionalism, and they are disorganized and stupid. Yes, Transcend CEO, you're stupid. Hire me and I'll tell you in detail.

Have a few more beers and go back to bed. (nm) - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
x

to clarify-- bargain beer, and mattress on floor, - if you are with transcend. :) nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Happy at Transcend - latebloomer

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with Transcend 5 years now and am very happy. I do have some downtime but it doesn't last long. I enjoy my accounts very much. My TL and ROM are great. Sure I wish I was paid more per line like everyone else, but I have no problems reaching my pay each pay period. I actually bulked at editing but prefer it over straight typing now.

latebloomer - Transcend

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad Transcend is treating you well. I do think that some employees like Transcend, but they are usually the ones with some years with the company. It's just the new people who have a different scenario to deal with!

Transcender - Long-time

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with Transcend 6 years. Not all long timers at Transcend are happy. Most have seen the accounts they've trained from day 1 on BeyondRec go to India. All for the sake of making money. It's pretty damn disgusting.

This must be sarcasm. nm - sarcastic seer

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Do They Realize Making It "mandatory" Will Tick A Lot Of People Off
Mar 16, 2015

This "mandatory" OT is just the type of thing to tip a lot of employees to the breaking point, resulting in some quitting.  This will just cause a cycle and get worse.   I wish businesses were like pirate ships, where if the workers were fed up enough and were to collectively agree, they could mutiny and overthrow the captain, putting one of their own in charge who they believe would do better.  I don't believe there are many of us who could do any worse than MM's curre ...

Transcend Hiring More People-
May 21, 2010

Their ad on the job seekers board indicates they have TONS of work on multiple accounts.  They also state Bayscribe typing platform only, which I believe will be transitioning over to their Beyontext platform sooner than later.  There are people on this board complaining all the time about lack of work and having to work 14-16 hour days.  What is up with this?  ...

WOW-QA People Are Bailing Out Of Transcend-last Week
Mar 23, 2012

no QA jobs, now 7!!!  Got a guess where they are going-just left myself?  The Nuance side of the fence suddenly looks pretty inviting for Transcend people.  If you have been through a buy-out before, they say nothing is going to change, but it is a lie (been through 2 in 6 months) -BAIL OUT OF THE SHIP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE VEST! ...

Ooooh Job Offer
Oct 01, 2010

Just got a "job offer" e-mail.  I can make $225/day working for e-bay auctions!!!! Why am I still doing MT????? NOT!!!! ...

Any Other Old ETransPlus People That Have Landed At Transcend That Can Give Advice...sm
Dec 17, 2011

I am to start training at Transcend on 12/27.  I stuck it out with MedQuist until it became obvious that things would not stay "status quo" for much longer.  I loved eTrans, and I think they were one of the last MTSOs to treat their MTs more than fairly and provide an income I could actually live comfortably live on.  Any other ex-eTrans people at Transcend now that can give me some feedback on what the transition is like.  Specifically, training, speech rec, etc.  ...

OOOOH, An Actual Employee Handbook In The Next Few Weeks???
Dec 11, 2012

I have been here almost 2 years and have been asking for one the entire time.  Does it actually exist?? ...

Ecm??? After A Tick Bite.
May 04, 2010

doc states after examing the site of a tick bite, he states "There is no sign of ECM at this time." suggestions?? ...

Tick Tock
Dec 11, 2012

What time does the ax fall?  1:00 or 2:00.  tick tock, tick tock... ...

S/l Sponge Tick
May 21, 2015

The hernia was reduced back into the abdomen with the help of a sponge s/l tick.   ...

Drug S/l Pro-tick-a-sone. Doc Only Gives PMH Of HTN
Jul 25, 2010

x ...

S/l Tip-tick -- Oral Lesion
Jul 12, 2011

This is probably something painfully obvious that is escaping me.  Young male who bit his lip.  exam "Slight (s/l typtic) area on the lip."  Treatment recommended is Orabase and salt water cleansing.   ...

Tik-It-Nea ? Pulmonary- Patient Complaining Of Tick-it-nea?
Sep 14, 2010

Speaking in a patient with COPD and on examinatoin he is saying,.. The patient is complaining of tik-it-nea. This is an ESl doctor.   THanks. ...

Tell Ya What I'm Gonna Do! Sm
Dec 18, 2014

As SOON as I quit, which will be very soon, I will be happy to post any emails and replies that I get from Nuance.  I sent my TSM an email about my pay and was basically told to take it up with payroll, so I did.  I'm still waiting for an answer or non-answer from them.  I won't hold my breath though, I don't really look good blue.  I will also go so far as to post the pay tier that was on my last timecard.  Beware the copier and paster Nuance!  Bewar ...

Gonna Try Something New Here
May 17, 2015

The next time I get an error for something that VR should definitely know simply by having "learned" after 5 years of MTs "teaching it" by changing it to the correct term, I am going to request a reversal and fight it to get removed from me when VR consistently gets it wrong and DOES NOT LEARN. Why should I get the error which affects my pay when their program can't get it right after 5000 corrections? Similarly, recently I got a major error because the doctor on my 5th account (not my pri ...

Brain Dead - Tic- Or Tick-bite Technique
Nov 17, 2011

I've typed this a bazillion times, but my brain just won't function tonight. Eye muscle surgery. Reattached using 'tic-bite' or 'tick-bite' technique? Thanks in advance. ...

So What's Gonna Happen To All The MME's?
Mar 03, 2010

Has anyone heard, been given notice, going back to MT'ing?? ...

Somebody's Gonna Need A Bail Out.
Sep 02, 2010

Is GE trying to sell this off?  Not sure what this means.  Got it from here:  http://www.iddmagazine.com/news/ge-200m-term-loan-medquist-210101-1.html   GE Shops $200M Term Loan for MedQuist By Richard Kellerhals, Leveraged Finance News August 23, 2010 GE Capital has begun shopping a $200 million term loan for MedQuist, a Mount Laurel, N.J., medical technologies company. Price talk on the term loan is at Libor plus 550 bps, with a 1.75% Libor floor. MedQuist plans to ...

OK Im Gonna Take One For The Team Here
Mar 13, 2012

I looked up Vern Davenport in our illustrious email system and it came back as Roger? I forget now,,definitely not Vern..Its time for an email,,,if I lose my job so what, I wont be near as frustrated as I am,,less stress has to be better.. ...

How're They Gonna Wiggle Out Of This One?
Jul 22, 2012

Block & Leviton LLP, a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide, is investigating possible breaches of fiduciary duties by the Board of Directors of M*Modal Inc. ("M*Modal" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: MODL) concerning its announced merger with One Equity Partners V, L.P.  JPMorgan Chase & Co. : Block & Leviton LLP Investigates M*Modal Inc. for Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duties in Connection with Its Proposed Merger with One Equity Partners V, L.P., the ...

If You're Gonna LECTURE US....
May 05, 2015

about petty, reidiculousness such as Addendums and such, and about being "up to date" on all information, please, please, please have your own STUFF together first.  Your instructions you sent to us state "Medquist" rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I call for CRITICAL ERROR, tsk tsk on you "MModal!" I think I will print that email out for my future unemployment file. Pfft.... ...

Probably Not Gonna Make Any Friends With This One, But...
Aug 26, 2011

I'm seeing a lot of these, “I hate my job” threads lately. To be fair, it's mostly aimed at Medquist, and other similar entities, but still.  Gotta keep your chins up guys. As a student, I find these kinds of threads very disheartening. In the very near future I'll be joining the ranks, and I won't lie; I would be tickled pink to be making minimum wage, or any wage whatsoever. A hundred dollars a week would be great for me. Obviously that's not ideal, b ...

Oh Man Already Starting, Gonna Be One Of Those Days
Mar 25, 2012

Started out ready to hit the keyboard running..Trying a new positive attitude..And then you get the dictator from hell...I hate this job ...

It's Gonna Be A Long Day Folks
Nov 23, 2012

nm ...

Gonna Make A Suggestion
Apr 10, 2013

I want to extend a great big THANK YOU to everybody who has posted on this board, both good and bad.  I never took the negativity personally or to heart.  In fact, I considered it a lesson that I needed to learn with respect to the way this industry has deteriorated. That coupled with my sciatica (only when sitting) convinced me that it was time to move on once and for all, which I have. I would like to see others in this industry do the same. The biggest problem for me was findin ...

If I See One More Quality Update Im Gonna Scream
May 18, 2014

I am so freaking sick of this crap..Suspend the coder program because there is too much work? What did you do to make everyone leave should be your first question.. I can give you the answer 99.7% accuracy and daily constant threats of audits. This gets really really old. ...

Gonna Wait 2 Wk & Figure It Backwards
Dec 05, 2014

I saw the video, read the information, went to the meeting. Decided it's not worth stressing at this point, what can I do about it? But for the next 2 weeks I'm going to do the best job I can, as usual, and be a little more careful with my webclock punches.  Then I'm going to use the old plan to track my lines as usual, apply any shift differentials as usual, and calculate my total gross pay as usual. Then when the 26th paycheck comes, I'll look at the gross pay and see ...

Am I Gonna Have A Big Reduction In Pay When My 45 Days Training Is Up? Read On
Jul 13, 2010

I just can't get going fast on these terrible accounts.  I was doing 200 lph ST at my old job and nearly 400 lph VR (on EditScript) and I don't think I will EVER get this fast at MedQuist.  I am really worried that in 2 weeks I will drop down low enough that I either won't get benefits or they will fire me or I will be making minimum wage.    Worried...   Rachel ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Pt Allergic To Plavis, So He Is On Aspirin And S/l "tick Let" Therapy...also Taking S/l Ma
May 13, 2010

:) ...

MRI Of Pelvis Shows "an As En Tick "enhancing Mass
Apr 13, 2011

MRI scan of the pelvis with and without contrast shows "an as en lick "enhancing mass in the wall of the rectum ...