A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend hiring more people- - why?

Posted: May 21, 2010

Their ad on the job seekers board indicates they have TONS of work on multiple accounts.  They also state Bayscribe typing platform only, which I believe will be transitioning over to their Beyontext platform sooner than later.  There are people on this board complaining all the time about lack of work and having to work 14-16 hour days.  What is up with this?  Surprised

What's up with Transcend hiring? - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
They're plain old GREEDY, that's why.

Greed - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]

In the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary it defines Transcend as the following:

1 a : to rise above or go beyond the limits of b : to triumph over the negative or restrictive aspects of : overcome c : to be prior to, beyond, and above (the universe or material existence)
2 : to outstrip or outdo in some attribute, quality, or powerintransitive verb : to rise above or extend notably beyond ordinary limits

I guess this EXPLAINS everything they do!!!!

No clue - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess they think if they pay people less money and hire twice the amount needed all of the work will get done. No one told them that people produce more when they make more. They don't care though because you don't get vacation or PTO or health insurance unless you produce a certain amount every 2 weeks. If you fall below that, too bad! They will just hire so many people that they will never have to provide a single benefit.

Transcend has new accounts - Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend has several new accounts waiting in the wings, and some are now operational, such that they are hiring new MTs at this time, many of whom will be working the night shift to cover these accounts and also on the day shift.

Then why don't they let the MTs with no work there have first dibs on the new accounts - These companies NEVER make sense

[ In Reply To ..]
What happened to common sense. I work for a company that does the same thing. Current employees like me are always begging for more accounts, more work and then they go and hire more people. What happened to loyalty and giving dedicated employees a chance to make a living. The next thing you know, the new MTs are on here bragging about how much work they have while others are losing the roof over the head. RIDICULOUS. I will tell you what. If my company told me that they had more work on another account but it was night shift, guess what I would be doing..NIGHT SHIFT because I would like to eat.
Here's why they won't let their current MTs have the new work - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
It's as was said above, it's all about GREED. The company can hire on new MTs for less cpl. Plus, for those companies who offer insurance benefits, they won't have any benefits expenses for usually the first 90 to 120 days with a new MT.

So why would the company offer the work from new accounts to their existing MTs, when they can get it cheaper by hiring in a new MT. It's all about GREED.
Ahh... got an e-mail about the new accounts - offering first dibs to current employees
[ In Reply To ..]
So your theory is right out the window.

Unless only selected employees got that e-mail............

Not a suit, BTW.
Must have been a select few. No email here. - Meme
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I totally agree! - Transcend MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. I am sitting here on Saturday night with 2 jobs on this account, and the same thing happened last Saturday night..a little bit odd, don't you think? They are hiring more people and the current employees have no work!!!! I was so depressed tonight I was crying, and I don't make even minimum wage right now. I am on the night shift because they wanted me to cover this account, and now they hired new people and now there is no work. I asked for a secondary account, and they told me, no because there is too much work on this acct. This is so, so ridiculous. I was telling you what I had actually read, and I was shocked...but the main thing is money, and only money.
Dept of Labor - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
File for partial unemployment, as I have stated many times on this board. If you are not making minimum wage - you are ENTITLED to it!!! It is not your fault you are sitting there with no jobs. I have been there and done that and it is not worth the headache and does not pay the bills. Transcend has an obligation to some extent to their employees (as do other employers). If you were hired for either PT/FT and are not getting work - they have not fulfilled that oblgation and the Dept of Labor is there to assist and ptotect you (that is if you are not an IC).

BINGO - Think we have a winner here

[ In Reply To ..]
IMO, you hit the nail right on the head. Overstaff up the giggy, have a 1- to 2-hour turnaround time, no one can meet the minimum requirements for benefits, and they get off with minimal outlay of cashola.

DING DING DING

Winner here!!!

Maybe they are trying to fill my position as I just - glad to be an X

[ In Reply To ..]
quit. No work. Now that is position they can overhire for again.

Amazing - they hired a HR manager who is an expert at - ex-transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
"managing people out", the polite term for expert in firing, and now advertising for more help. Maybe if they would spend a dollar on better training, and not that 30 minute makes you an expert on BeyondTxt, spend 2 dollars to fix their broken programs, and rethink their position on how not to treat their employees like low class criminals or slaves they would not have to hire so many people. Their turn over rate must be terrible, and my husband (who has been in management for years) says that a high turn over rate indicates bad management. If they have to let so many people go, they did a poor job of interviewing and hiring which reflects on the managers who do the hiring. A lot of public complaining reflects poorly on management because it shows that management will not listen to anything the employees are concerned about. Maybe they should "manage some of their managers out" and make it a decent place to work.

You said what I have said before - Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't think the training was adequate for BeyondTXT, and we had 1/2-hour of training for VR. How can you possibly get trained in that short amount of time? They thought I just "didn't get it", but that is not true and I have learned many new program before, and never had this much trouble, but of course my training has never been just 2 hours or 1/2 hour for that matter!! They told me they think this is an adequate amount of time to learn BeyondTXT, and I disagree. I also agree with you regarding their management..something needs adjustment here.

Similar Messages:

Saince Hiring ? Didn't They Just Recently Let Some People Go?
May 01, 2015

I thought I saw posts where some employees were let go, or left because of insurance issues, etc. Are they a stable company or is this kind of overflow situation? TIA ...

WOW-QA People Are Bailing Out Of Transcend-last Week
Mar 23, 2012

no QA jobs, now 7!!!  Got a guess where they are going-just left myself?  The Nuance side of the fence suddenly looks pretty inviting for Transcend people.  If you have been through a buy-out before, they say nothing is going to change, but it is a lie (been through 2 in 6 months) -BAIL OUT OF THE SHIP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE VEST! ...

Transcend Hiring Transcription Only MTs-listed Today
Feb 09, 2010

Can you believe that.   Transcend advertising for new recruits when half the people they have have no work! ...

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh This Is Gonna Really Tick People Off!
Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single softwar ...

Current 9 Year Transcend MLS. I Notice Nuance Hiring Ads
Sep 24, 2012

Is this common (the 1 yr exp only requirement).  Transcend has always required at least 3 years.  One has to wonder if the 1 year exp is an easy ploy to offer lower pay.  I worry about this since from what we can summize we will be moved to be in line with Nuance payscale at some point shortly.  Is anyone else make this 1 yr experience connection?  ...

Any Other Old ETransPlus People That Have Landed At Transcend That Can Give Advice...sm
Dec 17, 2011

I am to start training at Transcend on 12/27.  I stuck it out with MedQuist until it became obvious that things would not stay "status quo" for much longer.  I loved eTrans, and I think they were one of the last MTSOs to treat their MTs more than fairly and provide an income I could actually live comfortably live on.  Any other ex-eTrans people at Transcend now that can give me some feedback on what the transition is like.  Specifically, training, speech rec, etc.  ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

DSG - If They Are Hiring?
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone know if they are hiring? ...

SS Hiring Ad
Feb 04, 2011

Softscript hiring ad AGAIN - I had a total of 2 out of 4 days of work.  I am only part-time, but I wonder how the full-timers feel, if they are out of work and then see the hiring ad.  ...

Is DSG Still Hiring IC At All
Mar 20, 2011

Is DSG still hiring IC at all.  I see they have an ad for employees for MT. ...

HUH MQ Hiring?
Sep 05, 2011

WTF is going on?  I am no longer an MT, but I still care about a lot of people who are still TRYING to work at the Q.  Just popped over to mtjobs and the Q has an ad on there for MTs wishing to embark on a world class....etc.  It's unacceptable that the Q doesn't let anyone know what is going on at the MT level, starve out all the experienced ones they "acquired," then offshore to Inida and hire a bunch of newbies.  I don't have any idea what sort of game they ...

TTS Hiring Again?
Mar 06, 2012

I want to work a part time job to supplement my other part time job at Nuance because sometimes there is no work.  I see an opening at TTS but when reviewing posts about TTS it sounds like a bad place to work with incompetent recruiters and managers.  It seems 95% of the posts are bad regarding TTS.  I am leery about working for a company that keeps advertising for help, especially if it isn't a large one like Nuance or MQ.  Is this a good company where there is work or ...

TTD Hiring Again!
Jun 05, 2012

Why is this company advertising again? I don't get it?  ...

Anyone REALLY Hiring
Oct 05, 2012

Are any decent MTSOs actually hiring ICs... and I mean IC in the traditional meaning of the word; not locked into some arbitrary schedule design, but a daily line committment.  I have 10 years experience.  The company I was working for no longer has the account I was working on.  They have given me some pick up work here and there, but I can't live on $100 a week or less from odd jobs while they find something new and steady. They estimate it may take 60-90 days for that to h ...

Anyone Really Hiring?
Nov 16, 2012

Does any one know of a company that is TRULY hiring?   The small company I worked for no longer has the account I was.  They have nothing steady for me to do right now.  Christmas is coming and I have 5 kids and everything is going wrong (septic tore up, car tore up, etc.).   There are tons of posts for Nuance, Softscript, etc.... (tho I prefer a small company that actually cares about its MTs)  I apply, I test, I don't hear anything back.  I have 10 ...

TTS Hiring
Jan 31, 2013

How is TTS (Transcription, Technology & Support) to work for as far as enough work, QA, and overall being a reputable company?  I am guessing you do not make much money since it is all voice recognition.  Just curious, because it seems like they have an ad every day, sometimes twice a day, looking for 2nd shift MTs. ...

Is Anyone Hiring??
Feb 07, 2013

Holy cow! I have been an MT for about 4 years now. I am looking for a new job and have sent my resume EVERYWHERE! No calls, emails, or anyhthing. Is this industry going in the toilet completely now? ...

How Is It That They Are Hiring?
Feb 21, 2013

MM has ads placed as few as 12 hours ago, 1 day ago, etc., to hire MTs. I would like to respond to these ads and say "um, hello?! I already work for you...wanna throw some of that work my way?!" It's maddening! ...

Anybody Know If AHD Is Still Hiring?
Feb 27, 2014

Saw an ad by them from this past January and curious if positions are all filled at this time. Anybody know? ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Keystrokes Hiring?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm a bit confused with Keystrokes.  The ad they have placed here indicates wanting 40 people for new accounts, etc.  However, I just received an email about job openings for only 2 very heavy ESL 1-9 shifts.  I don't understand why they would have this ad and yet only be sending info about only the 2 jobs.  I'm in their DATABASE and am sent these emails according to what opens up.  I have not received anything about these supposed 40 j ...

If MedWare Is Hiring?
Nov 23, 2009

Does anyone know if MedWare is hiring?  I go to their web page and it say apply online but will not come up?!? ...

Now I Know Why Some Companies Are Always Hiring
Dec 18, 2009

. ...

How Do MTSOs Get Away With Hiring Only ICs.
Dec 17, 2009

Is this just a scam so that employers don't have to pay benefits and employer taxes?  I bet if there was an audit, most ICs and MTSOs would be in trouble for using that classification improperly, especially for the full-time positions. I even applied for a full-time secretarial job in a small law office recently, and was told I would be hired as a contractor with no benefits.  I was stunned and declined.  I need to check with the labor department to see if some of my concern ...

Keystrokes Is Hiring?
Dec 31, 2009

Does anybody know if Keystrokes is hiring?  I haven't seen any ads here for a while.  I wanted to put in a resume, but only if it would be actually looked at and not just thrown in a drawer.  I sent one to Transcend only to be told no openings available, and I'm going on their list.  I've been on this list for a few months now, despite the frequent job ads placed, and have yet to be notified about anything available.      ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?
Feb 04, 2010

Seems odd to me, but over on the other website, Sperhis is hiring.  Who would accept a position with them at this point? ...

Is MedTrans Really Hiring?
Feb 05, 2010

I see ads for Medtrans all over the internet for all different cities and you go to their website and it seems they are pushing you to take their course and then they will hire you.  I am just confused because I keep seeing the companies advertise for months, yet they seem to say "no" a lot.  I have 12 yrs experience in acute care, radiology, and clinic, and it's amazing to me how for some reason it seems impossible to pass these tests.  Is it just me?  ...

ETrans Plus - Are They Hiring?
Feb 18, 2010

Anyone work for this co? Are they hiring and do they have work? ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?nm
Feb 23, 2010

nm ...