A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Brain Dead - tic- or tick-bite technique - jld

Posted: Nov 17, 2011

I've typed this a bazillion times, but my brain just won't function tonight. Eye muscle surgery. Reattached using 'tic-bite' or 'tick-bite' technique? Thanks in advance.

:) - thunderbolt

[ In Reply To ..]
Well I do know that tick is spelled "tick", not "tic," and it makes sense to reattach something in that way, such as a tick bite, but I'm horrible on ophthalmology, can't verify that term anywhere, and plus my brain's dead today too! Wish I could help more!

Google is your frend. NM - Efficient

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

full sentence please - what was reattached?

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ecm??? After A Tick Bite.
May 04, 2010

doc states after examing the site of a tick bite, he states "There is no sign of ECM at this time." suggestions?? ...

*bite* Biopsy Technique
Apr 23, 2013

It sounds like *bite* biopsy technique. For polyp removal... Just checking this is a real thing and not just a stutter...Thanks for your help :) ...

Brain Dead Here
Nov 23, 2009

This is a burn patient.  The coctor states that the percentage of body area burned is 19 and a 1/4 percent.  How would you transcribe 19 and 1/4 percent?  19.25?  ...

Call Me Brain Dead
Dec 02, 2009

Have you ever had one of those nights where you are doubting everything you transcribe?  Okay, how would you transcribe "follow up" in this sentence.  This is what I transcribed:  "The patient was told the importance of close early follow-up."  Would you put the hyphen, no hyphen, or make it one word?  ...

Brain Dead - S/l Dribigan
Aug 08, 2012

I've typed it before...guess I need more coffee...cannot find it anywhere. No dosages or use noted as it is in an allergy list....Thanks in advance! ...

Punctuation Help Brain Dead Today
Oct 26, 2011

Punctuation help please... brain dead today.  Is this punctuated correctly? "He is exercising in spite of this and, with this and diet, he has been able to bring his weight down steadily in recent months as I directed him to."  ...

Brain Dead On Monday Morning .. Help Please With An Anatomy Question (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

Someone please tell me the correct name of the "knot" or "bone" that is on the inside of the ankle, the one that sticks out.  My brain is NOT functioning this morning apparently! Thanks in advance! ...

Dog Bite
Sep 14, 2012

pt bit on finger by her own dog.  Right finger examination:  s/l "vasal clencher" wound overlying the palmar aspect of the middle phalanx   TIA ...

S/l Cuff 2 Bite...
Aug 05, 2011

Pt is status post a s/l cuff 2 bite to the thumb.... ...

I Am So Ticked I Could Bite The Heads Of Nails Off
Oct 17, 2009

I just got through with my 8 hours for the day. I could have worked longer, there was work left and my company does not mind. We are behind on discharge summaries but I am blowing steam out of my ears. I am old enough to quit this job and have I ever been thinking about it today. I have had people dicating for doctors who are ESLs themselves!! I was told not to change their verbs and such, leave as is. That grates on my last nerve. I have had people chomping gum in my ears, how rude is that? Did ...

Ok, I'll Bite. Is ANYONE Able To Make Ends Meet At M*Modal? Sm
Dec 30, 2012

I am not asking if you are happy.  I haven't been happy being an MT for years.  I just want to be able to pay my bills, have an income and pay my bills.  I'm not making what I made years ago either, but I can pay my bills (not much left over after that's done.)  I am stuck with M*Modal for the time being and not of my choice.  I have worked for other large nationals that were constantly bad mouthed, and I was able to make a living at them.  Does anyon ...

Tick Tock
Dec 11, 2012

What time does the ax fall?  1:00 or 2:00.  tick tock, tick tock... ...

S/l Sponge Tick
May 21, 2015

The hernia was reduced back into the abdomen with the help of a sponge s/l tick.   ...

Drug S/l Pro-tick-a-sone. Doc Only Gives PMH Of HTN
Jul 25, 2010

x ...

S/l Tip-tick -- Oral Lesion
Jul 12, 2011

This is probably something painfully obvious that is escaping me.  Young male who bit his lip.  exam "Slight (s/l typtic) area on the lip."  Treatment recommended is Orabase and salt water cleansing.   ...

Tik-It-Nea ? Pulmonary- Patient Complaining Of Tick-it-nea?
Sep 14, 2010

Speaking in a patient with COPD and on examinatoin he is saying,.. The patient is complaining of tik-it-nea. This is an ESl doctor.   THanks. ...

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh This Is Gonna Really Tick People Off!
Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single softwar ...

Dead End Job?
Nov 11, 2010

I've been considering enrolling at an online MT program, but after reading so many posts by unhappy MT-ists, I'm hesitant. Are there any happy MTs out there? Thanks in advance! =) ...

This Board Is Dead
Mar 06, 2010

And one can only hope that VR will suffer a similar fate very, very soon!  And in a not so nice way.  Along with the MTSOs that have tried to foist this CRAP on us.  JMHO, of course! ...

MTing NOT DEAD
Nov 22, 2011

MT'ers transcription may not be dead after all.  I had an interview with a local hospital that has many clinics and outside services.  They have had all of their transcription outsourced aside from various departments in the actual hospital.  However, they have discovered a better quality of work if they keep their work onsite.  They are pulling ALL of their services back to using on-site transcriptionists.  Some at home work after training, but there will be no MTS ...

Go Live A Dead Issue?
May 25, 2010

It seems the schedule reservation "go live" in my area has now been cancelled until further notice.  I'm in the north region and wonder if any other areas have been using it successfully.  With all these so called improvements coming our way, I'm having a hard time remember what's what.  Does this mean the swapboard isn't going to work anymore or just the schedule/DQS factor with the work allowance of 15 minutes prior/after scheduled shift?  I'm ...

Beating A Dead Horse But...
Sep 20, 2010

The problem with making money with ASR is, I swear my fingers are moving just as much, but all over the board, not how we all learned to go fast, fingers on the home keys and move from there.  My hands are trying to fly all over....arrow keys, end, ctrl/shift/arrow to highlight, over to delete, try to find my way back, only to move off home keys to arrow some more.  If I could connect a pedometer on my fingers, I know it would show they are moving just as much without the same producti ...

For Those That Like To Beat A Dead Horse
Jan 30, 2011

Have some respect for the dead... come on. ...

Half-dead Doctors
Mar 29, 2013

Why is it that MTs (especially the ones who are starting out) have the opportunity to transcribe dictated reports from doctors that sound half dead, like they are using their last breath to dictate a report? It's amazing to me when QA tells me that they can make out everything these doctors say. What do the more seasoned MTs think about this? ...

Worthless Dead End Mess
Mar 17, 2015

I have never wanted to be fired so badly in my life.  I have worked in some real feces factories in my day, but this one beats them all.  How on earth do they expect any MLS to care about any of these reports if they aren't going to pay us a decent wage?  I hope the stock crashes.  If the rest of the company is managed as poorly as the transcription division, it's only a matter of time until it does.  ...

OT Today, So It'll Be Dead Tomorrow....
May 25, 2015

x ...

The MT Industry Is Dead. Do You Agree Or Disagree? Nm
Nov 30, 2009

nm ...

I Hate To Beat A Dead Horse, But...........
Jun 10, 2014

Down below when I was trying to figure out if the reason I got laid off was because I was PT (CCM told me all PT were being laid off) or that I was in California (I thought maybe this was the case).....I realize that neither of these are true. I know there are still plenty of PT'ers left AND MTs in CA. So the only thing left (since like I said I always passed their stupid audits and always worked my graveyard/Saturday/sunday/all holidays shifts is that they were just trying to get rid of ...

Silent Type Beating A Dead Horse
Feb 21, 2014

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but wondering it anyone has any fresh insight or knowledge (without bashing).  It just seems so silly, we're all adults here, why can't she just come out and say what's going on so we can make an informed decision about what to do?  ...

I Guess All The Activity & Arguing Was From The MM Coders Because It's Dead Around
Apr 09, 2014

x ...