A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do they realize making it "mandatory" will tick a lot of people off - Makes things worse

Posted: Mar 16, 2015

This "mandatory" OT is just the type of thing to tip a lot of employees to the breaking point, resulting in some quitting.  This will just cause a cycle and get worse.  

I wish businesses were like pirate ships, where if the workers were fed up enough and were to collectively agree, they could mutiny and overthrow the captain, putting one of their own in charge who they believe would do better.  I don't believe there are many of us who could do any worse than MM's current management.  

Arrgh.... - Sign me up, matie!

[ In Reply To ..]
You got that right!

Right there with ya! - How about this for our captain?

[ In Reply To ..]

Pirates Of The Caribbean Johnny Depp Captain Jack Sparrow Fresh New Hd ...

He's got my vote! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Mandatory OT, mandatory schedule changes, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a freeze in pay raises, working every holiday, unachievable minimum QA requirement, unnecessarily large number of audits, barely above minimum wage.... All this can be yours for the low low price of your sanity!!

i just plan - on slowing down

[ In Reply To ..]
to a crawl. i've already become so dysfunctional that a good percentage of my time is staring into space if i'm not crying. so i'll just continue the same. when i'm supposed to be typing, i'm going to be doing some paperwork or cleaning up my bedroom, and then occasionally sitting down to type. they have completely eradicated any sense of wanting to do a good job or caring that i won't make my line count. i simply do.not.care.anymore.

for a while, a couple of months ago, i was really trying to do a great job, even thinking maybe i'd try for one of those 'most improved' awards or something. they have killed my spirit and i just do.not.care.anymore.

Howabout a Transcribe Like a Pirate Day. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would love to see a transcribe like ASR day - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Receive them, fix the ADT part of the report and let em fly as is..After all it's a great "state of the art" program, I'm sure the doctors would love to see the product..

Similar Messages:

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh This Is Gonna Really Tick People Off!
Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single softwar ...

I Know How Some People Are Probably Making
May 10, 2011

ASR. They aren't following client profiles and not even reading the output based on what I saw on a report from today that I looked at! No wonder we have been told the client has been complaining about quality. ...

How Are People Not Making A Living?
Jul 06, 2012

THIS IS NOT A MEAN OR DEGRADING MESSAGE.  I am genuinely curious as I have been with them for almost 9 years and have never had a problem netting (after taxes) anywhere from 13-17$/hour.  I only work 50-60 hours every 2 weeks and I am bringing home 550--800$. I don't see how some people are working 80 hours every 2 weeks and aren't bringing home at least 1000$.  ...

Ecm??? After A Tick Bite.
May 04, 2010

doc states after examing the site of a tick bite, he states "There is no sign of ECM at this time." suggestions?? ...

Tick Tock
Dec 11, 2012

What time does the ax fall?  1:00 or 2:00.  tick tock, tick tock... ...

S/l Sponge Tick
May 21, 2015

The hernia was reduced back into the abdomen with the help of a sponge s/l tick.   ...

Drug S/l Pro-tick-a-sone. Doc Only Gives PMH Of HTN
Jul 25, 2010

x ...

S/l Tip-tick -- Oral Lesion
Jul 12, 2011

This is probably something painfully obvious that is escaping me.  Young male who bit his lip.  exam "Slight (s/l typtic) area on the lip."  Treatment recommended is Orabase and salt water cleansing.   ...

Tik-It-Nea ? Pulmonary- Patient Complaining Of Tick-it-nea?
Sep 14, 2010

Speaking in a patient with COPD and on examinatoin he is saying,.. The patient is complaining of tik-it-nea. This is an ESl doctor.   THanks. ...

Ever Realize The First Day A Job Is Not For You?
Jun 01, 2010

Did you ever start a job and realize immediately that it is not the right one for you, that you will be miserable in it? Too many crazy account specifics. Too much bumbling around with the software to get to the actual typing. Too much crap. The thing is, I am so broke beyond belief. But this job is just awful. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. My goodness, I am so sick of this profession. Sick of taking test after test with company after company and them never responding ba ...

You Do Realize That
Jun 02, 2013

Reports go through hospital/clinic QCs (not every report) and if they are not over 99% Nuance doesn't get paid.  ...

Brain Dead - Tic- Or Tick-bite Technique
Nov 17, 2011

I've typed this a bazillion times, but my brain just won't function tonight. Eye muscle surgery. Reattached using 'tic-bite' or 'tick-bite' technique? Thanks in advance. ...

MQ Execs - When Will You Realize That You Have
Mar 08, 2010

The hardest thing for executives to do is to acknowledge the need to take a new direction. Study after study has shown the propensity of the people at the top to fiddle around the edges of failed initiatives trying to "fix" them - but, like Nero, they fiddle while Rome burns. To call Medquist's history "spotty", especially in the area of employee relations, but also with respect to some of it's technology initiatives, would sadly understate the case. This company is very badly ...

Back From Vaca Only To Realize...
Aug 10, 2010

Wow I knew I hated my job, but it is much worse than I thought.  Though I have my resume out to find another job and I pray every night to find one, I feel as though I'd rather be without a job than to continue working for this company which has definitely sucked the life out of me and has taken away my ability to earn a decent living.  How does one work 93 hours and only take home 500 bucks...oh yeah by working for the Q, that's how.  Take an 18 year employee who starte ...

Umm... Why Dont These Mental Midgets Realize That
Mar 04, 2010

is the DICTATORS?!   THEY are the ones being sloppy and negligent, not the MT who is trying like hell to understand what on earth they're saying.   If hospitals had to pay a premium to get the dictation of their sloppy-guys transcribed, maybe they'd think twice about hiring them in the first place.  ...

Out Of Work- Dont You Realize That There Are Deductibles That Have To Be Met -sm
Jan 20, 2011

and people are just not going  in for surgeries or waiting till they are horribly sick before coming to the hospital.  It is always slow everywhere I have worked between January and February.  Of course you will be out of work at this time of year.  I have been here long enough to know I work for 2 jobs because of this reason and, unfortunately, both places I work are low on work right now.  Please just suck it up and quit complaining.  At least you have a job and ...

Do These Nut Cases Who Dictate Not Realize It's Okay To Take A Breath
Nov 11, 2011

before they finish a 10-minute dictation.  But, by all means, let's not say anything to them.  After all, they're doctors, residents, PAs, and they don't get up and put their pants on like everybody else.  Forget the poor people on the other end trying to make sense out of the nonsense they spew out of their mouths.  That's my vent for the day!  Now maybe I will feel better! ...

It Would Be Nice If Dictators Would Realize They Work
Sep 11, 2012

for a medical facility and not a fire department.  ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Does These Numbskulls That Dictate Not Realize, Or Not Care,
Feb 04, 2013

that we work on production.  When they start to dictate why can't they have their ducks in a row and just dictate?  Why must they sit and scroll through computer screens or a paper chart?  It makes me want to scream.  Ten-minute dictations that produce 30 lines is totally ridiculous, but until the hospitals and MTSOs stand up for us and put a stop to it, it will keep happening.  Okay, I'm through now.  ...

Does Anyone Still Work With Diskriter? Didn't Realize They Were Still Around. NM
Apr 02, 2013

. ...

To Seasoned MTs: How Long Does It Take Before You Realize That A Company Is Not A Good Fit? Sm
Nov 12, 2009

Basically meaning that the platform is not going to MT friendly or you're going to spend too much time filling in patient demo, or a myriad of any other reasons.  And once you found out that it wasn't going to work out, how long did you stick it out? ...

Did You Ever Change Jobs And Realize You Made A Mistake?
Apr 13, 2011

I recently left a company after four years because the grass seemed greener elsewhere, has anyone ever done this and then realized right away it was a huge mistake?  I feel guilty after the company has trained me and worked with me for almost two weeks but I am so miserable, any suggestions or advice of what to do? ...

How Hard Is It To Realize That Even Thogh I Am At Home, I"M WORKING!!
Jun 03, 2010

Sorry just had to let it out...ty for listening to my scream lol ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Pt Allergic To Plavis, So He Is On Aspirin And S/l "tick Let" Therapy...also Taking S/l Ma
May 13, 2010

:) ...

MRI Of Pelvis Shows "an As En Tick "enhancing Mass
Apr 13, 2011

MRI scan of the pelvis with and without contrast shows "an as en lick "enhancing mass in the wall of the rectum ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Is EMR Mandatory?
Apr 16, 2012

Perhaps I should know the answer but I do not.  What is the deal with the move to EMR?  Is it government mandated?  I just picked up a good side job transcribing for a cardiology group in my community and it's projected to last only until they go to EMR..the move isn't happening too quickly...are there penalties if they don't move to EMR?  Who is driving this? ...

Mandatory
Oct 10, 2012

Anybody enjoying the mandatory overtime.  Yea funny how we are on mandatory overtime and then get an email that states that if you run out of work, you are required to email them and flex your time and can only make it up after 5 p.m.  So again, you are required to check for your work throughout the day and if there is no work, sorry for your luck and if you want to be "lucky" enough to be employed w/ Nuance, you will then have to sign in and work on your off shift to make up your hour ...