A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WOW-QA people are bailing out of Transcend-last week - Runforyourlife

Posted: Mar 23, 2012

no QA jobs, now 7!!!  Got a guess where they are going-just left myself?  The Nuance side of the fence suddenly looks pretty inviting for Transcend people.  If you have been through a buy-out before, they say nothing is going to change, but it is a lie (been through 2 in 6 months) -BAIL OUT OF THE SHIP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE VEST!

I don't have a guess where they are going - do you? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I work there and I can't decide what to do. Your post was a little confusing.

are you saying they went to Nuance? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If I was a QA or management at Transcend I would be worried about my job and would probably jump ship. I'm just a lowly MT though. I still may jump ship to make sure I have a job. Not sure what to do yet.

I have been through 2 buyouts in the past 6 months and - runforyourlife

[ In Reply To ..]
when Transcend announced Nuance buying them, it sounded exactly the same. Exciting news, nothing is going to change. They will keep everybody until the merge and then "pink slips" will come down. No way to tell who will get them, but generally a lot of lower management people do, which includes team leads, etc. First, they will decide what accounts they want to ship to India. In my first buyout it was with the Q and every single account my MTSO had went to India. I know cause I was management. Then, we all got pink slips.

As far as my post above, I don't know if Transcend MTs and QA are going to Nuance or not, I was actually just making a statement that last week there were no QA job listings for Transcend and this week there are 7. I also know that many MT's are exiting from Transcend case of my position (former) at Transcend-I recently quit.

In my opinion, Nuance isn't any safer than any of the rest of them, just one of the top players, now #2. I have never worked for Nuance though, so what do I know.

I think the point I am trying to make is "Don't wait for the pink slip."

Sad, I thought Transcend was doing so well? - what happened? and they

[ In Reply To ..]
what seems like all different types of managment positions - directors of this and director of that.

Wonder what will happen to all those micro-managment positions they now have.
I think because Transcend does not own - any of the technology SM
[ In Reply To ..]
that is the wave of the future. MQ (M Modal) owns M-Modal, Nuance owns Dragon? The goal is to use this technology for EMR, front-end speech, etc. and eventually do away with the pesky MTs. Unless there are major advances in the quality of the technology, I do not see this happening completely for quite a while. With all the pressure on the MTs for 100% quality from the hospitals and MTSOs, how will this same quality be accomplished with machines? They are going to have to have major changes in what is acceptable in the medical record and I assume that will happen. I really have a problem comprehending this, does anyone else? Especially with M Modal, docking pay for less than 99% quality. What is going to happen as they phase out MTs? Who will be responsible for that 99% quality? From what I see now, it is not even close; hence, the need for MTs. Got off track, sorry. Anyway, Transcend does not have a monetary stake in the technology so I guess they decided to get out of the game now when they can.
actually Nuance owns escription and dictaphone... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They own dragon too, but that is not the platforms they use. That is a software program that some individuals use.
Great explanation, thanks for enlightening me. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

why does everyone always feel the need to jump ship... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Nuance started at the bottom and worked my way up in a very short time, less than 1 year. I have found that the only MTs who need to worry are the slackers....ones not working their shift, bad quality, etc., and unfortunately, I am finding that there are a lot of them. As long as you do not belong in this category, you have nothing to worry about. Things are definitely changing in this industry, but as a lot have pointed out, the strong will survive. If you stay, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised, and I do not say that lightly about any company. Also do not compare Nuance to Mmodal, as they are completely different in his they treat their employees. I for one would NEVER work for Mmodal, as Nuance treats their employees with much more respect, and continually are striving to better the relationship between employees and management. I have worked for other companies and this is the first company that has strived so hard to make the employee happy. It is a STABLE company and getting stronger everyday. JMHO
why people jump ship - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
One possible reason is because we spend a lot of time choosing a company to work for, and don't find it appealing to be moved against our will into a company who operates differently with different requirements or standards than we initially chose.
but is it the smartest thing to do? That is what you should ask yourself... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The buyouts are not going to stop any time soon between these 2 companies, so again, is leaving before you even know what changes if any are going to be made the wise thing to do? Again, coming from a current employee, you may be pleasantly surprised.
She's right. You may go some place else and - still end up getting bought
[ In Reply To ..]
out by Nuance. Some of these people who are jumping ship, MTs in particular may just be applying for positions at Nuance on their own instead of waiting for the buy-out of Transcend.

Nuance has been hiring recently and maybe they feel like the transition would be easier on them if they left now and applied at Nuance on their own rather than be caught up in all the shuffling around. Kind of like wiping the slate clean and starting fresh with the inevitable.
I so "heart" you right now - worrywart
[ In Reply To ..]
My prev employer was wonderful. I was a top tier and had passed w/ 100% on x-amount (can't remember now) that they no longer audited me. Then...screech to a halt. I was bought by the Q. I chose to go to Transcend and have been loving it thus far, and then I hear we are being bought/merged again, so it has weighed heavy on me because of my previous nightmare, so I thank you for being honest.

Do have 1 question if you wouldn't mind to answer. Are there tiered levels of pay (for example, those who do the more difficult auths/work types are paid more)?

Again, thank you for your frankness.
Well yes, it is a stable company and a BIG company - at that. They have been
[ In Reply To ..]
in the technology business for years. They did not originally emerge as a transcription company, which is in part the reason for some of the buy outs of transcription companies, they need that leverage of transcription and clientele to go with their technology. They are without a doubt a very strong company and in that you will find job security if nothing else.

I do not work for them and never have. I would not want too either. I am doing well at M*Modal. I am one of those fortunate MTs with plenty of work, good accounts, and a great CCM and QA coach and as the old saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it". So for now I am staying right here at MM.

But hats off to Nuance employees, as I believe in the end, when its all said and done, you will be safe from the buy-outs if you stick with Nuance. I agree that they are strong and stable.
There is probably more security in Nuance and MM than other companies - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They seem to be buying out everyone. I think it would be wise to change to one of them now than to sit and wait on buyouts to occur. That is, if you want to stay in transcription/editing.

I don't blame those who work at Transcend for changing companies now. You just don't know if Nuance is going to need you or not.
ABSOLUTELY. - agreed.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
yeah well, I thought I was safe from buyout with Transcend - after MDI buyout
[ In Reply To ..]
but that is not the case. I thought about bailing then, but stayed, and it worked out okay. But now, taking a huge pay cut with account going to VR and that doesn't suit me.
Transcend does have a lot of MTs and - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
its understandable some would choose to bail now, as who is to say that Nuance would have a need for that many MTs.

If it were me, I too would apply at Nuance insteading of waiting on the transition, as the other poster said, who is to say that they will need you?

You have to figure, there is A LOT of MTs working for Transcend.
Obviously you have nev er been through a buy-out. It doesn't matter - Yeah, right!
[ In Reply To ..]
how good an employee you are, how great you are, how loyal you are, etc. All that matters is if YOUR account is shipped to India or not after the buy-out, cause if it is then you aren't needed anymore, and believe me, a LOT of work will go to India. Also, if you are fortunate enough for your lead to get a management position (most of them gget pink-slipped too), just hope they pick you to bring along, or you will be out.

As far as staying and being pleasantly surprised, probably not in most cases. I was in a buy-out a few months ago in management, which was over the holidays, of course, always during the last quarter, and we had no Christmas, couldn't pay bills or buy food, nearly lost everything as a single parent, until finally found a job starting at the beginning again. Yea, I was surprised, just not pleasantly!

Your optimism sounds nice, and I have never worked for Nuance so what you say may be very true, but I would definitely rather be employed by the buying company and not the bought out company when it all starts to go down!

Just saying from experience....
actually, I have been through a buyout of a company I LOVED... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
so don't assume. My point is that jumping ship in this case will solve nothing, especially since the buyout is not supposed to be complete until the last quarter of the year anyway. Also, the buyouts are not going to stop any time soon, so why not wait. Nuance needs the good MTs, so again, if you fall in that category, you have nothing to worry about. The amount of MTs Transcend has means nothing, as the accounts still need to be transcribed, so why would Nuance need to get rid of MTs with this buyout except as noted above...another point to consider.
Because some of the clients may not stay with Nuance - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The clients may not be happy with the buyout and may choose to go with MModal or someone else. Transcend hired quite a few MTs back in November for a huge account that never happened, so all of those MTs were dispersed over other accounts.

You cannot guarantee that Nuance will hire ALL of the MTs with Transcend now. You just don't know what might happen. Why stay with Transcend when they will be no longer a company at the end of the year?

Nuance has ads now for MTs. Maybe it's best to go ahead and move on..
IMO if you plan to go with Nuance, GO NOW - while they are hiring.
[ In Reply To ..]
Why wait till the end of the year? I would go now while they are looking for MTs.

But thats just me. Still shocked at all this though, Transcend is such a large company; I dont think anyone saw this coming.
Agree. ROM told me QA and TL positions - will absolutely be changing.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Nuance buy-out - wiseoldwoman
[ In Reply To ..]
Buy-out will occur by the end of Nuance's fiscal year, which is September 30, 2012 -- some time within the next 6 months.
oh, btw, a lot of accounts will NOT go to India... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that is not how Nuance works..working in QA, there are not a lot of accounts in India...we do QA them too
and management is another story...this message was for the MTs... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Run - AJ

[ In Reply To ..]
That is so true about changes with buy outs. Everything will stay the same, that is until the pay cuts come. This must be the promised land. LOL

Similar Messages:

Bailing As Soon As I Can
Jan 06, 2015

Hello, Up until now, by slowing down and re-listening and re-reading, etc. I've been at 100% because I know they way they set this up, one report with one minor error will drop your score down to minimum wage. Well I got that score. I requested reversal but I'm sure that I will not get it. Feel free to e-mail regarding companies to stay away from. My pay this week will be about $300 (down from 700 on the previous pay plan). Cannot pay the bills. Looking at bankruptcy if I don't ...

Transcend Hiring More People-
May 21, 2010

Their ad on the job seekers board indicates they have TONS of work on multiple accounts.  They also state Bayscribe typing platform only, which I believe will be transitioning over to their Beyontext platform sooner than later.  There are people on this board complaining all the time about lack of work and having to work 14-16 hour days.  What is up with this?  ...

Not A Week Goes By That Transcend
Aug 14, 2010

Usually they post on MTStars Job Seeker's Board, but today I noticed they have a job ad on another MT related job site and not this board. Maybe they are not getting enough bites on this board and are now seeking other avenues. They ought to keep the MTs they have now BUSY!!!! I would be curious to know how many of their MTs get their guota in their scheduled 8-hour shift and are not chasing jobs on a daily and consistent basis. The other 2 big companires are not hiring on a weekly basis ...

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh This Is Gonna Really Tick People Off!
Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single softwar ...

Not Even A Full Week Under Transcend And
Feb 06, 2010

already my primary is running out of work.  What kind of omen is that?  My backup accounts had very little work as well.  One of my coworkers told me PT and IC were told to stay off her primary the other day.  I thought we'd at least get 6 months in before we started scraping for work.  Is Transcend listed under the TAA?  If not, it should be.  That's all I'm really holding out for.  If they want to pay for me to go back to school, that sui ...

Any Other Old ETransPlus People That Have Landed At Transcend That Can Give Advice...sm
Dec 17, 2011

I am to start training at Transcend on 12/27.  I stuck it out with MedQuist until it became obvious that things would not stay "status quo" for much longer.  I loved eTrans, and I think they were one of the last MTSOs to treat their MTs more than fairly and provide an income I could actually live comfortably live on.  Any other ex-eTrans people at Transcend now that can give me some feedback on what the transition is like.  Specifically, training, speech rec, etc.  ...

Transcend Shows Its Appreciation For MT Week...
May 18, 2010

...with a pay cut.  Way to raise moral and keep employees happy guys!  Wow, wish I could think of a good way to return the favor and show my appreciation. ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...

To All Of You QA People.
Feb 08, 2011

I know this is a little thing, but after 2 years it is a little annoying.  Why do you ask MTs to look up physician names and addresses that are not in the database and to send to QA?  You NEVER enter them into the system, not once.  I have kept a list of physician names and addresses that we frequently use that are not in the database.  I send them to QA every time, requesting that they be entered.  I wonder what your response would be if we sent it blank?  Just a l ...

People Think I Have No Job....
Jul 08, 2011

Okay, four years of doing transcription and it's been four years of people calling all day to chat, wanting me to go do this and that, etc.  I've tried over and over to explain to them to not drop by because I'm WORKING! Have any of you had to get down right rude to make people understand?  Husband also doesn't seem to get it since he mentions "you're at home all day." Ugh. ...

Why Are People So Mean Lately?
Jan 08, 2012

without somebody jumping on you or making fun of you or being spelling police or telling you that's the way business operates so suck it up or go somewhere else. All that hate can't be good for you, but Flame Away!!  ...

Twice As Many People
Dec 26, 2012

typing as there are jobs to be picked up on my account, and we are told via email to work on shortest TAT.  Good grief.  The account will be clear in 5 minutes anyway.  Management is a bit irritating sometimes. ...

Do People Know What An MT Is When You Tell Them?
Jan 25, 2013

It's crazy to me that people do not even know what medical transcriptionists do most of the time.  When people ask me what I do and I tell them transcription, it never fails that they say "What is that?"  I tell them that I type what the doctor says and they say, "What does he say?"  It's crazy that nobody ever wonders how when they ask for medical records they get neatly typed pages from their doc instead of handwritten chicken scratch.  Even when I do explain it, ...

Do They Ever Just Lay People Off?
Jan 29, 2013

Has anyone ever been laid off or do they just expect their employees to quit?  No steady work here in our BOB since October, worse since Christmas.  Even today when work started picking up I still ended up 3 hours short.  I have asked for a transfer and have been denied.  I was told to make up my hours on Saturdays, but last week I was short 20 hours.  That makes for one long Saturday especially when there was no work on Saturday.  So I filed for part ...

99.6?! Obviously These People Really Know Nothing About MT.
Jun 03, 2013

x ...

Any Former DSG People
Jul 06, 2013

I'm just curious if any of the DSG victims who were bought out by MM are still with MM. I had quit MM (MQ at the time) years earlier to go with DSG, only to get slammed back into MQ/MM when they bought out DSG. I quit MM after 8 months of the buy-out. It was my goal from day one of the buy-out and I finally succeeded in getting out of MT completely. ...

Now All Those People Who Would Have
Aug 23, 2013

will be in there working, and that can mean only one thing. This whole thing is about to MPlode. ...

Any Ex DSG People Here?
Feb 23, 2014

Ooops, I accidentally posted this under a reply to something else, so here goes again. Any ex-DSG people here? After 15 years, I finally had left MQ to go to DSG, then got thrown back into MQ/MM 2 years later when they bought out DSGs medical transcription department. I left MT completely after that fiasco. I trusted no company after that mess and decided leaving MT was the smartest thing to do. Just wondering if any of you Ex-DSGers are still working for MM, and if not, what are you doing ...

Too Many People In The Pot Here
Apr 09, 2014

I have a TSM, who I never hear from. Wonder what she does? I have a QA lead that I hear from when I screw up, then there is another one that does quality updates, what the is that anyway and why do I care? And then there is the one that sends out daily backlogs that also mean NOTHING to me in the grand scheme of life. Seems maybe we could trim the fat if we held maybe 2 people accountable to do their stinking jobs instead of 4. Not to mention the ones in the even higher positions that I ha ...

TTS People...
Apr 25, 2014

If anyone who works for TTS can help me, I would appreciate it. I've been there 3 weeks and I am actually happy working there. But .... I am super paranoid about sticking to 8 hours per day because I was warned that OT is not allowed unless expressly offered and only after I am off the orientation team and on the production team.  So I am being really careful about my active platform time but I wonder if I'm being TOO careful. I mean if I end up working 8 hours 10 minutes instead ...

Were Are The QA People
May 05, 2014

Kidney disease is stage 1, 2, etc. Roman numerals are no longer used..yet every report I check on this person in docqumanage has roman numerals. ...