A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OK ... I did it, just sent my resume - anon

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

I read every line to all of the posts here for the last 24 hours, slept on the decision and thought a lot about it this morning.  Even in putting my resume together my hands were shaking ... not sure if it's the right decision or not. 

But I'm trusting, trusting, trusting.  I feel like I've weighed every option and taken every scenario under consideration and my final decision is, I HAVE to make a move.  The days of transcription with this company are extremely short numbered and not making any kind of a move isn't going to be an option for any of us much longer.  It would be kind of like, deciding to stay on board a sinking ship hoping someone will plug the hole.  It's not going to happen.  If this doesn't work out I'll be leaving the medical field for good but I owe it to myself to take a chance to see if this works.  Let's see if I hear back from them.

I wish everybody here much love and luck ... whatever your decisions are, and the reasons for making them.  We only have our gut and instincts to rely on and whatever those are saying to you ... always listen. 

good luck. if you have just sent it in I don't know if you will - get in. they have already sent out emails

[ In Reply To ..]
letting people know if they will test.

Good luck!

Thank you ... whatever happens I'm OK with it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I knew I was waiting late but there is no way I would ever make an important decision without thinking about it and considering all sides first. I do sense from the hurried email yesterday they were trying to get us to "rush" into making a decision. If I'm too late then I'm OK with that, I will just proceed with the plan I made when the Bankruptcy announcement came - to get out of this industry.

One way or another, whether it be through Coding or something else, I'm getting out. I'm "proactive" by nature so there is no way I'm going to wait until the ship fully sinks before making a plan. I hope everyone else is making their plan too.

If this is the case, then it should have been - advertised as a lottery.

[ In Reply To ..]
To send it out company wide and only taking first 60 is more of a lottery type system.

Good luck to all that have applied!

I have to agree here. If this is the case it sort of - forces one to make a split second decision

[ In Reply To ..]
without thinking it through and mainly considering will I actually be able to commit to what they are asking for me. This to me is a bad business decision and makes it feel as though it's not actually the opportunity they are selling it as.

The email yesterday said they are taking the highest 60 test scores - not the first 60 applicants

[ In Reply To ..]
And applicants have until March 17 to get their resumes in.

Everyone should keep in mind that you have to do extremely well on the test in order to make it into the program itself. They are probably going to have hundreds taking the test and only the top 60 scores will make it in.
That's right. First you have to pass the test and - then be in the top 60.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Hey I assume, and we all know what happens with that - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That while all you are training for coding, we will have extra transcription? Ha ha I crack myself up..2 years, I just need 2 stinking years till I retire..

lotteries dont always - end well

[ In Reply To ..]
ask Shirley Jackson.

I think you are doing the right thing - Good Luck! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thank you! :) - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

How To Resume?
Sep 07, 2010

Haven't written a resume in years. How do you write one if you have been at the same place for 11 years?  Isn't that as far back as they are looking for?  Appreciate tips. ...

Help With Resume
Mar 31, 2011

I am trying to get back out there but I need help with my resume which I absolutely hate doing.  Could someone please email me some suggestions.  I would like to try and get back into an office setting doing anything!  ...

I Am In Need Of Help With My Resume
Jun 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I am in need of a career counsler who specializes in resumes. I live in Chevy Chase, Maryland, which is outside of Washington, D.C. and I need someone to help me with my current resume so that it is current. I know that there must be a company who can help me who does not live in the D.C. area who can help me telecommuting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you. Fondly, Suzie ...

Just Sent Resume To
Mar 28, 2014

ad on mtdy, first ad on page (QMedET Solutions). does anyone have any info on them or are currently working for them? any info would be appreciated. tnx. ...

Question Regarding Resume
Nov 19, 2009

I have a question and maybe someone out there knows the answer.  I have a resume which I created on Word.  I would generally send it as an attachment to an e-mail; however, I'm finding that recruiters for some reason are requesting the resume be pasted into the e.mail.  If I do that, I lose my formatting on the resume and the text gets all messed up. Does anyone know of a solution?  I feel really dumb! Thanks!   ...

I Posted My Resume.......
Sep 29, 2010

.......and I keep getting emails asking what my specialties are. I posted all that and it's also in my resume. Makes me wonder if anyone actually reads a resume. ...

Resume On MT Stars
Apr 30, 2011

I put my resume on here and in the job wanted board.  I was wondering as more people put their resumes on and yours gets older and further down the list do you still get companies contacting you or should you put a new one on to move it back up the list.  I only put my resume on 2 days ago and got 3 contacts.  No bad MT Stars.  ...

Transcriptionist Resume Help
May 28, 2011

I get a lot of MTs asking me for help with resumes so I thought I would put this out for anyone who is interested. This link downloads a sample one-page MT resume to use as a guide: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20134076/Sample%20One%20Page%20MT%20Resume.docx This link shows this same resume with some tips added. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20134076/One%20Page%20MT%20Resume%20Tips.jpg Hope this helps someone.   ...

Would You Put On A Resume A Job You Only Kept For 15 Days?
Nov 30, 2011

x ...

Building A Resume
Apr 27, 2012

I recently applied for a coding position at a hospital.  The last line of the job listing said, "Motivated students with strong interest in coding may be considered."  In my resume, I explained what I was currently doing; taking the AAPC coding course, and in using directly quoted info from the AAPC website (below where it starts...."This course teaches"... and ends with ......"volume 3 procedure coding".   I am currently a student in the CPC-H® coding course administer ...

Now I Have A Question About Resume
Jun 30, 2012

I have had six radiology transcriptiion jobs in 25 years.  I had one on-site job for 10 years and the other 15 years at home.   I can easilly explain what my duties were when I was on site. It was in the 1980s when the equipment I used then seems ancient now and if the interviewer is young she probably would not even know what I am talking about. Anyway if I transcribed for five companies at home doing the same straight typing radiology reports do I really need to itemize wha ...

Need Resume Wording Help
Jan 31, 2013

I am trying to finish my resume because there is a job I am perfect for and want to apply. I am trying to find the right words to convey my skills at keeping straight so many different client profiles for so many different accounts. Ability to ____. I keep coming up blank. I know this is an important skill, to be accurate in formatting so many different ways. Attention to detail just doesn't cut it. Coordinate? Looking for words, any help appreciated. Also in filling out online appl ...

How Far Back Do You Go On Your Resume?sm
May 12, 2013

I'm applying for another MT job and have worked at the same company for almost 9 years. Do I really need to go back further than that? ...

And It Happened Again!! I Sent My Resume For A Job
Jun 21, 2013

that I most definitely qualify for with no word from them....lo and behold they have another ad this morning! :((( ...

I Should Know Before I Submit A Resume?
Nov 15, 2013

Something I should know before I submit a resume? ...

Putting MM On A Resume
Jan 13, 2014

I was hired at MM by acquisition.  My prior company is gone.  The 2 companies before that are gone, out of business.  Therefore, I have no "recent" references. On a job application, what info do you put down for MM address and phone number?  What about when they ask for your direct supervisor's name and phone number? I am afraid this is going to keep me from getting another job. ...

Resume Question
Jul 23, 2014

I worked for the same company for over 6 years.  Now I want to apply elsewhere.  What would you put as the reason for leaving?!?  I don't want to burn any bridges, etc.  ...

Updated My Resume, Now What?
Sep 21, 2014

It looks good and I am so proud of what I have accomplished in my ____ years of employment, but I am not sure where to look.  Any suggestions?  Wanting to expand past MT.  Thanks. ...

Resume Question...sm
Dec 04, 2014

Its been literally about 9 years since I made a resume up. The last company I worked for was acquired by Nuance, which is how I got with them. No resume needed. The school I attended years and years ago is no longer the same name. They changed names and might not even be around anymore. My old resume is on my old computer packed away. How do you put that kind of stuff down when it has been so long?! Also, the company I worked for got picked up by Nuance. I cannot remember the exact month or year ...

MedLinks - Just Sent My Resume
Jan 23, 2015

And 2 seconds later add is down.  I am getting so discouraged.  This must be a pretty good gig with many people applying.  That's just my assumption because obviously the add is now down. Does anyone know if Vista is supported?  They mentioned windows 7 and 8, but not Vista, so I have to assume it's not.  I applied anyway.  Probably won't receive a reply, but just in case I don't want to waste anybody's time.   ...

Posting Your Resume On This Board
Feb 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone on this board has posted a resume on this board and their employer saw it.  I want to post my resume, but I do not want to feel the rath of my employer if they found out or saw it listed on this board.  I need my job right now,but I also need to feed my family, and no longer wish to be the MT who is understanding and sitting at the computer all day. So, I guess what I am asking is can I post my resume and leave my name off it somehow? Has anyone posted their ...

Anyone Posted Resume With Success
Mar 15, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has ever posted their resume on this site under resumes where you have to log in and successfully been offered a "decent" job on here.  You can list how much per line you are looking for.  Would love to get back to over 12 cents again after recent paycut.....pretty sure that is an impossible dream at this point!  Hate to list a resume and be contacted by companies that pay so low or are not even legit.  Just wondered how many have ...

Wow..company I Just Sent Resume To Sent Me Their Test..
May 10, 2010

and it consists of 9 files to transcribe, all over 5 minutes long! Are they kidding?  And do all these without a foot pedal?! HA! Thanks but no thanks ...

Medical Transcriptionist Resume Help
Aug 30, 2010

I would really appreciate any help you are willing to give me.   I have not been having much luck finding a job and am getting desperate.  I am wondering if my Resume may be putting me at the bottom instead of at the top of the contact list.   I have over 30 years of experience and my resume contains the names of 15 companies that I have worked for (I sometimes had 2 or 3 jobs at one time, but I include everyone because some were Acute Care and others were Clinic Specialties).  I am ...

ACKNOWLEDGE RESUME SUBMISSIONS
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone ever get an acknowldegment when they send a resume for a job posting?  I have yet to receive one.  I am talking about the companies, of course, who do not ask me to test or have no interest in me as a potential employee.  The ones who do, contact me and I test and interview and blah blah blah.  I have always thought it was common business practice and just plain courteous to send a letter, heck, make it a form letter, I don't care saying, sorry we are not int ...

Resume Question/advice - How Much Is Too Much?
Feb 01, 2011

Someone posted some excellent points the other day about what they, as a recruiter, look for on a resume.  Keeping it to 1 page -  should it then just be the name of the place and the dates of employment?   No need to put reason for leaving?   Potential employers can ask that if/when they call or interview you?  That creates time gaps between jobs - wondering if that looks good or bad at first when looking at a new resume?  No matter how tight I squeeze ...

Resume Posted...question
May 05, 2011

Hi everyone! I'm new here. So, I have been working for the same hospital for approx 9 years. I was just informed that they are switching to VR in 2 weeks. So, I'm currently looking for a new job.  I posted my resume this morning and I have also applied several places.  For those who have posted resumes...how long has it taken for job offers, responses, etc? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks ...