A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Offer from Mercedes Transcription - Weary MT

Posted: May 12, 2015

I have received an offer from this company and she said it paid 0.065 cpl straight transcription.  Well, I start reading over the new hire paperwork and it says pay is 0.065 VBC.  So, I am not working for somewhere if they don't pay spaces.  I email her and say I am no longer interested.    She emails back and says that they do pay for spaces and that it has something to do with Bayscribe which i know nothing about.  She wants me to reconsider?  What do you guys think?

Sounds fishy - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd pass. VBC is a big paycut - spaces are about 25% in a 65 character line.

I don't know why she would say that. There's a past discussion about - Mercedes and VBC

[ In Reply To ..]
See link:

http://forum.mtstars.com/565399.html

Worked for them - used to be MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for them and they paid 6-1/2 cents. They say they will do that till they get another platform whenever that will be and then start the other thing.

I found them hard to work with and my career as an MT is over with and has left me really in bad financial distress which they could care less about. Watch out for the new HR person. Nasty.

New HR person is very nice unless ...... - MTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
you are going to continually find fault.

Forget about VBC - WHY work for 0.65????? - SAY WHAT

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep on accepting low pay - just gonna keep getting lower. There are better options out there than this for sure.

Because it's work and there is PLENTY of it. - MTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
First company I've worked for that doesn't overhire and are committed not to!

Unfortunately, people like you who are content with "plenty of work" at a paltry wage sm - JMO

[ In Reply To ..]
are what helps continue to drive the wages down. As long as MTs keep accepting lower and lower wages, MTSOs will continue to offer less and less. They do intend to go to VBC eventually and then I suppose you will still be happy at the equivalent of 5 cpl or lower. At what point do you stand up and say, "I am worth more than this!"? I work for 2 companies and one pays 9 cpl and the other pays 10 cpl. You can do better and you should. You owe it to yourself and to the rest of us to stop working for such pitiful wages.
Thank you so much for the insult.......sm - MITer
[ In Reply To ..]
I happen to be 69 years old and physically disabled. This is literally the ONLY job I can do and I thoroughly enjoy my work. NO! It doesn't bother me in the least to accept a job at a lower rate of pay. And don't tell me I'm "taking jobs away from younger MT's" because I DON'T CARE!!! I love my job whether you like me or not!
I did not insult you. I encouraged you to see yourself as worth more. sm - JMO
[ In Reply To ..]
There are other transcription jobs -- why think so little of yourself to accept such a low rate of pay? You hurt yourself and you hurt the rest of us by allowing MTSOs to pay lower and lower wages.

I did not suggest that you leave MT. And I'm sorry about your disability and things that you think limit you. Apparently you can do transcription, so why not transcribe for a company that values you?

As far as me liking you or not, I don't know you. You have made something personal that was not. Sorry for that. I am no spring chicken myself, but my years of experience have taught me that if I do not stand up for myself, no one else will.

Good luck.

They can't over hire. Experienced MTs are insulted by an offer of 6.5 a line! - Count me in as one of them!

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Not so fast. - It all depends on
[ In Reply To ..]
what type of account you have. It certainly sounds like it sucks, this being 2015, but way back when, so far I can't exactly remember, I also make 6.5 for straight typing. As a poster here stated, there were good templates and repetitive dictation. As I recall, I made $36,000 a year with that 6.5 per line. I am now at MM and make 9 for ST and 5 for VR. In the last 2 years, my income has fallen below $30,000 for full time work. It's all relative.

They probably don't overhire because they can't!! - Still Not Buying It

[ In Reply To ..]
Thankfully most of us are not willing to be taken advantage of to accommodate someone else's greed and won't apply for such jobs paying what this company is offering, thus leaving lots of work to be done by those who do work there. As far as I'm concerned you can have it. For the amount of money to be made at this company I'd work at McDonald's where I'd get paid vacation and taxes taken out of my pay and maybe even a burger for lunch!!!

oh this is baloney! - former OTIMercedes

[ In Reply To ..]
They never overhire and are committed not to - yeah right. I worke for Oracle and transitioned with Mercedes, even though the 6.5 cpl was Joke. Aside from less money, things were not to bad until they had to do the "team leads" and then all of a sudden I am on NJA and the jobs that are there aren't even from the docs I had worked with for over 3 years. I begged for work and was told "we will put you on other accounts" but they never did. I quit making $14 on my last 2-week invoice. Yeah, always plenty of work my foot!

Yes, that is legitimate.....I LOVE this company. - MTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
She is telling you the truth. They pay 6.5 cpl with spaces. Bayscribe is not set up to count without spaces.

I am working with them and THEY ARE NOT hard to work for as someone above said.I have always found them very accommodating. There is no line quota AT ALL. Yes, the pay is low, but since they are seriously committed to not overhiring there is ALWAYS work. I have not run out of work since I've worked with them (since they began in October), and have made more money with them than the other places I've worked because there's never any down time.

If you don't have a job right now, I suggest you reconsider and give them a chance. Believe me they are wonderful to work for and although 6.5 cpl seems like a slap in the face, if you're not making anything now, it's better than that.

6.5 is beyond horrible. If - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
people keep accepting these wages, they're going to keep dropping, and we don't have much farther to drop before we'd make more at McDonalds. There is absolutely no sense in MTSOs being this greedy.

6.5 cents/per line is outrageous - oldgrayagingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I started out for a transcription company back in 1982 I started out at 6 3/4 cents a line, not much of an increase since 1982, take away benefits, full-time goes to part-time and you are expected to hit your line/report count weekly. If I was younger I would get out of this business completely and I do not recommend this profession to anyone. I have always loved it but we transcriptionists deserve more than a paltry 6.5 cents per line. WE ARE THE BACKBONE of the companies and without us where would they be - OUTSOURCING everything so it can come back as junk transcription - I just don't understand how these companies can do this to us. You open your mouth and you get fired for it!!!

Here's why I work for them.... - Happy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
The 6.5 cpl does include spaces. While the line count initially seems low the account I work on as a lot of templates that have a lot of text on them that are used that you get paid for and I've been able to create a lot of "unofficial normals" because the doctors on it are very consistent in what they say which has a lot of value over my former employer that the dictators were rarely consistent and you sure as heck didn't get populated templates. The company communicates with people daily on the volumes and what needs to be done to keep the clients happy (i.e. they'll "say looking good, keep it up" or "we're about to get behind team."

Similar Messages:

Mercedes Transcription
Dec 22, 2014

I notice this company has some openings.  Awhile back I had noticed some negative posts concerning the company and am wondering if anything has changed.  ...

Breitner Transcription Job Offer
Jun 20, 2014

I have a job offer from Breitner. Anyone with any comments about this company, good or bad? ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

What Do You Think Of Mercedes?
Oct 01, 2014

How has the first few hours with Mercedes been? Should I request a contract with them? ...

Well, I Got My Mercedes Contract...
Sep 06, 2014

Knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad....and VBC, no headers or footers. ...

Mercedes Contract
Sep 10, 2014

I decided to send them the contract e-mail back stating I would not be accepting and why - that with 20 years experience, I will quit the industry before going that low and that there are still other jobs out there willing to pay more (even if it is only for 6 months to a year that they told me it would last).  I said if they get no takers and want to consider offering us more, please feel free to contact me.  Hopefully, we all do the same.  Good luck. ...

Did You Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 11, 2014

Have you signed with Mercedes? Even with the idea of being a temporary thing to do? Do you know how many signed with them? I am nosy and curious. ...

RecordsOne / Mercedes
Sep 13, 2014

Apparently I am probably with one of the "sister" companies in this transition.  Like you guys, I am trying to weigh out my options here.  I'm reading the comments about the offer from Mercedes.  Does anyone know if RecordsOne is offering pretty much the same offer?   I feel like if the "sister" company keeps me onboard, to go on the other accounts they have, are they really able to "absorb" another MT.  I feel like the relative you let sleep on the couch just beca ...

Anybody Tempted To Go With Mercedes Just For Something To Do?!!!
Oct 07, 2014

I'm beginning to think RecordsOne got the raw end of this deal. ...

Mercedes Town Hall--What Did You Think?
Sep 09, 2014

I listened to the Mercedes town hall. What did you think? They did say VBC was coming. Does this sound like Bayscribe to you? They said VBC was coming, but rate of pay would not change. I wonder how that will work. They promised nothing would change as of October 1. I wonder what it will be like on January 1. ...

Mercedes Pay Cut - Would Someone Check My Math?
Sep 10, 2014

On reading the posts below, if an MT makes 8 cpl and pay is cut down to 6.5 cpl, that is an approximately 20% pay cut. Then, going from a 65-character line with spaces to VBC (a 65-character line without spaces), that is an approximately 30% pay cut. So, 20% plus 30% equals an overall 50% pay cut.  Can that possibly be correct? ...

Just Said Goodbye To Most Of My Accounts With OTI That Went To Mercedes.
Sep 30, 2014

d ...

OTI/Mercedes - Am I The Only One Who Received No Notice Whatsoever From OTI?
Sep 09, 2014

I received no notice from OTI/the sisters that there would be any change/division of company - the only thing I received in my email has been from Mercedes. Am I the only one who OTI didn't contact before all this went down?  ...

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

I Wish RecordsOne Would Get Those Mercedes Accounts Off The Board!!
Oct 06, 2014

It's depressing to see my accounts that are gone that I could be working on!! ...

What Companies Use Bayscribe Besides RecorsOne And Mercedes?
Oct 08, 2014

d ...

RecordsOne/Mercedes Both Say They Were Previously Oracle. Sm
May 07, 2015

If I do an archive search for Oracle it does not tell me which company is good, bad or if they are both good or bad.  Does anyone work for RecordsOne and if so will you share your thoughts?  Thanks in advance. ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

I Know I'm Beating A Dead Horse Here, But Is There Anyone Here Going To Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 06, 2014

d ...

So, I Hear Mercedes Is Going To Start Hiring New MT's. Any Other Communications From Them?
Oct 03, 2014

d ...

If Anyone Is Going To Join The "Town Hall" Conference Call With Mercedes
Sep 09, 2014

I hope they will share what is said.  I would love to just be a "fly on the wall."  ...

I Got A Job Offer!
Jan 17, 2010

Haven't even completely finished school, tested for a part time IC position, and I got the job offer today! It can be done, ****! *** Stop with the snide remarks toward experienced MTs who do not share your point of view for this career.   Moderator *** ...

Offer
Dec 07, 2010

hypertype:  Straight VR - 0.6 cents/line, IC status with 10.00 licensing fee every 2 weeks. Mostly ER. Good offer? or bad offer? ...

Job Offer At TTS ?
Sep 19, 2012

Have an offer,not sure though. Would love to hear from others who work there and in the know. How is their QA done, weekly, monthly, every 3 months like where I work now or just how. Do you think the QA is there, fair, critical, just anything I could find out would be nice.  ...

Non-MT Job Offer
Mar 29, 2013

...Okay, I'm not here to start a fight about union vs non-union, but I was just offered a non-MT job at a hospital that has a union, and I am anti-union.  When she told me that it was a union position, my jaw dropped.  She must have seen the look on my face, because she told me that since this is Florida, we don't HAVE to join the union or pay dues or anything like that.  My face brightened up right away. SO, if you are not pro-union be SURE to ask if the state you live ...

Does Anyone Know What Companies Offer
Nov 12, 2009

Kaiser insurance besides MedQuist?  I want to leave MedQuist but I love my Kaiser insurance.  Please help.  TIA. ...

I Got A Job Offer! - UPDATE
Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process! ...

GOT A BETTER OFFER FROM WAL-MART
Feb 18, 2010

Well after being in this business for almost 20 years, I have decided it's time to hang up the keyboard,  as a single person I can no longer support myself as a medical transcriptionist.  This is not even a good part-time job anymore.  I have worked for more companies than I cared to admit, suffered through intolerable divas as team leads, gestapo QA, constant nip picking on where a comma goes, or a verb, and had my cpl reduced from what started out at 13 cpl to 0.0350 cpl.&n ...

Taking More Than 1 Offer
Mar 15, 2010

I have 2 job offers from 2 different companies, but both of these companies are fairly large and have multiple posts with complaints that there is just not enough work for everyone. Would it be possible to take both offers, on the chance that if one doesn't have work the other will? I might be kinda screwed if they both have a lot of work, but it might be worth it to see how both will work out without closing any doors. Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to run 2 companies differen ...