A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody tempted to go with Mercedes just for something to do?!!! - sm

Posted: Oct 07, 2014

I'm beginning to think RecordsOne got the raw end of this deal.

Umm, no - Not just no

[ In Reply To ..]
to the no

Seriously? - What is wrong with the

[ In Reply To ..]
word "hell" that it had to be deleted from my post? Puritans?

Oh my goodness!! I said the same thing to someone else just this morning! - Think they planned it this way?

[ In Reply To ..]
d

I agree. - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Things from my end do not look. I hope things turn around. However, I do not plan to work for Mercedes; I am going to RO a little more time and the apply vigorously with other services.

Mercedes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What makes you think anyone is getting much work from MTI. I have waited days and days and nothing but very sparse and not good dictation.

Not getting anything from RIT because I am limited on the only remaining account that I have there and this was unfair in the very beginning as to why I didn't get the usual work I used to get. That is another story.

I probably will have to quit altogether meaning my lifestyle and well being will suffer as a result. I don't even know where I can afford to live now.

This is not good for anyone.

Not tempted at all by 4-5 cpl. nm - Plenty of other jobs

[ In Reply To ..]

Suggestion - If you need something to do, update your resume. - Hugh - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I signed with Mercedes as a backup, but once OTI announced the split, I started applying to other small services like crazy. I've had numerous offers and signed two new IC accounts over the past couple weeks, both with the same wage as OTI and more work available than OTI had to offer the last year or so. Needless to say I got lucky. I'm making more now than I have in over a year. If I would've just relied on Mercedes at 6.5 cpl, never applied to other companies, I wouldn't be here now saying that things are better for me. I'd be stuck typing my same accounts for a petty 6.5 cpl. I'm worth way more than that!

I terminated my contract with Mercedes once I signed the other contracts and didn't work for MTI for a single day. That's not to say that if I didn't have the offers I wouldn't have worked for MTI for a while - something is better than nothing - but fortunately I didn't allow myself any sort of downtime to put myself in a position to where I solely needed to rely on MTI.

I understand everyone's circumstances are different, and I'm sharing my story - my experience. I had a feeling something was up for a long time with OTI. I had been with them for years and slowly watched the work dry up over the last year or so. I had one account that remained with RecordsOne in the split, and that's dried up now.

So now I'm focusing on my 2 new IC contracts, both with small companies, very much like OTI. So far so good.

My two cents is that if we were good enough for OTI, making the wages we were, why would we lower our standards when there are other companies out there that will pay us the same - if not better - if we search hard enough.

Fortunately, I only have a couple more years in the biz. While I do feel it's unfortunate what's happening with MT, it's been several years in the making and can't say I didn't it coming. That's why I've been preparing.

You're not stuck - MTI isn't the only company out there and at 6.5 VBC equals approx 5 cpl no less! C'mon! You're only stuck if you continue to allow yourself to be.

Suggestion - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I have no idea who are good companies to apply to. How did you know and would you be willing to share by e-mail or something?

Yes - I went through MTstars. - Hugh. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just routinely keep checking the job board. You can tell by the number of views that these companies probably get bombarded with resumes, so the earlier you can respond to a job ad on this board, the better.

The two companies I've contracted with filled the positions immediately. One thing I did when I was sending out resumes like crazy was asking lots questions during the interview. - A LOT of questions. I had to approach it like they need me more than I need them. I knew what I did and didn't want (flexible scheduling, rate of pay, QA, guaranteed work). It may be trial and error for you like it was for me. I worked for 2 MTSOs earlier this year for a few months at the beginning of the year when the work at OTI began dwindling (way before the split - like back in January). I guess I was preparing myself then! I found the whole MTSO experience overall to be awful compared to what I had at OTI. I worked for MedQuist back in the day and remembered why I hated working for an MTSO in the first place.

I truly do wish everyone the best - we are all in this together and it's unfortunate what happened. There is a way out - I promise - and it's better than the slap in the face of the petty VBC rate that MTI is offering.

HTH
Thank you! - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
That helps a gread deal just to know you got responses from this board's job listings. I also worked for MQ for quite a while until they made the big changes there, have to say I actually liked the offices I worked with but no longer have any contact with any of them. Thanks again
You're very welcome and good luck. nm - Hugh
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Good for you - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
on landing another couple of gigs. Not sure what to do here myself but going to need to do something fairly soon. Did you go through MT Stars job openings on your search or just start sending out on your own? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't had my resume up anywhere online in quite some time.

Suggestion - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My gosh all the references I have are all dead now or businesses folded, etc. except for one friend I could use who I used to work with.

I have worked for one national for almost 14 years. That has also changed for sure.

Guess I won't be hired with a resume like that without references.
I know what you mean... - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
zzzz
Don't lose hope. Many don't check references, but...sm - Hugh
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe use the sisters as a reference just in case?
Suggestion - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.

Seems you can beg and beg for work and they are behind, but you don't get it. No rhyme or reason to anything. I have been an MT since 1987 and am thoroughly trained. Never in my career have I ever had a bad review of my work.

So tell me why?
I hear you. My guess is that they have favorites... - or in this case, family
[ In Reply To ..]
getting accounts and whatever work is left.

Frustrating when you're more than qualified. This whole experience has made me step out of my comfort zone. I used to beg for work, beg for accounts. Excuse after excuse "It's the weather bringing the census down, or the winter storm." Whatever. I guess we know now what was up!

I do miss Bayscribe terribly and had some really great accounts and great dictators with OTI. Bayscribe and great dictators still isn't worth what little morsels MTI is offering.
I hear you - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sick of begging this person for work. I do not know why my regular accounts are not coming up. I most always had work and now I don't. Someone is getting a lot of lines to make up for the decrease in pay.

I simply need something I can count on or otherwise, I may become a bag lady not being able to live on what I have. I need this as supplementation and I am really upset that this stupid split had to happen. We are not coming out on top at all. I think that accounts were deliberately pulled that were the best and that now the other side is left with nothing. I also resent the fact that my accounts that I did well on and made good full-time pay were given to other MTs who lost their accounts. Now that in itself is not the problem. The problem is that now that I am on the other end of this stick, I don't get any consideration and okay now I have no work on that account that I am permitted to do.

I have done all sorts of work types and very complex charts, i.e. hospital basic 4 my best and still I am put on clinic notes.

Just who is getting the best dictation, certainly not the people who were with that company before this huge mess now.

I may have to just quit and take my chances but it will probably depress me further. I have the worst of my depression in the fall when all my losses happened throughout my life and an ongoing situation that has no solution.

It is awful when you lose faith in everything and even God.

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate them. I didn't much like the person telling me to move on. As I said, I don't have the people I once did for references as they are all dead. That shows you how long I have been an MT.

I cannot take the insults that I get from a person who I know has not got the same amount of years as I do and will not tell you even though you ask her.

This better get fixed or the company will fold because of her. She is not one bit helpful, always making sure she zings you.

Similar Messages:

ARGH. I'm So Tempted
Oct 03, 2010

those apathetic, mush-mouthed ESLs coughing, burping, mumbling while dictating and tell them they are responsible for my cut in pay.  Obviously MQ wants to cut our pay, but I'm sure the dictators don't know this, and MQ isn't about to train them the right way, or let them know how they really sound to us.  OOHHH, I'm so tempted to get on the phone and ask for Dr. so-and-so and tell them off, or at least humbly ask them to throw me a bone here, to try to enuncia ...

Tempted To Go Back IC
Mar 09, 2014

Moved from Hawaii to Florida and thinking about going back to IC status.  Been doing some research on the state tax law as I heard/read FL is 1 of 7 states who exempts sole proprieterships from filing 1099 and even corporate income tax.  If my understanding is correct, wondering if I should chance IC again, even though it seems MTSOs haven't changed as far as putting you on a schedule :(.  Ideas anyone?  TIA. ...

Tempted To Go Full-time IC Status
Dec 16, 2014

I have a great part-time IC job that I really love. It is so stress-free and I only hear from my account manager when she sends me my pay summary right before pay day. I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have found them especially after working as an employee for a couple other MTSOs. My employee jobs have been so stressful and QA can be so petty with a lot of these places. We have QA where I work now, but I have absolutely no complaints and literally almost always score 100% Here ...

Ever Tempted To Leave Out The Spaces And Hard Returns
Nov 15, 2013

I am so tempted to leave out the items we are not paid for and see how they like it.  I am also tempted to submit jobs just as ASR creates them and let them see what a mess it is.  Sadly, I cannot do that as I have a work ethic that prevents me from doing so, despite the fact that I believe they deserve it!  Wouldn't it be a riot if we all did that for 1 whole day - that would keep "them" busy for a while and off our backs!  Ok, back to this extremely boring and mind num ...

I'm Tempted To Ask To Be Laid Off! I Am Steaming Right Now Sitting Here With No Work AGAIN! Sm
Jan 29, 2014

A week and a half of this and not getting better.  Emails about new quality standards and as I will be transitioning into fluency I will be making below minimum wage which is not going to cut it for my bills.  How is this legal???  No work during shift, complicated procedures which take up MY unpaid time to try and figure out, unrealistic standards when there is work, having to meet an hourly production minimum but get a massive paycut if you need help.  UGH! I'm picturi ...

I Am VERY Tempted To Type Verbatim As Pronounced By This Twit NP
Jun 08, 2015

nm ...

What Do You Think Of Mercedes?
Oct 01, 2014

How has the first few hours with Mercedes been? Should I request a contract with them? ...

Well, I Got My Mercedes Contract...
Sep 06, 2014

Knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad....and VBC, no headers or footers. ...

Mercedes Contract
Sep 10, 2014

I decided to send them the contract e-mail back stating I would not be accepting and why - that with 20 years experience, I will quit the industry before going that low and that there are still other jobs out there willing to pay more (even if it is only for 6 months to a year that they told me it would last).  I said if they get no takers and want to consider offering us more, please feel free to contact me.  Hopefully, we all do the same.  Good luck. ...

Did You Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 11, 2014

Have you signed with Mercedes? Even with the idea of being a temporary thing to do? Do you know how many signed with them? I am nosy and curious. ...

RecordsOne / Mercedes
Sep 13, 2014

Apparently I am probably with one of the "sister" companies in this transition.  Like you guys, I am trying to weigh out my options here.  I'm reading the comments about the offer from Mercedes.  Does anyone know if RecordsOne is offering pretty much the same offer?   I feel like if the "sister" company keeps me onboard, to go on the other accounts they have, are they really able to "absorb" another MT.  I feel like the relative you let sleep on the couch just beca ...

Mercedes Transcription
Dec 22, 2014

I notice this company has some openings.  Awhile back I had noticed some negative posts concerning the company and am wondering if anything has changed.  ...

Mercedes Town Hall--What Did You Think?
Sep 09, 2014

I listened to the Mercedes town hall. What did you think? They did say VBC was coming. Does this sound like Bayscribe to you? They said VBC was coming, but rate of pay would not change. I wonder how that will work. They promised nothing would change as of October 1. I wonder what it will be like on January 1. ...

Mercedes Pay Cut - Would Someone Check My Math?
Sep 10, 2014

On reading the posts below, if an MT makes 8 cpl and pay is cut down to 6.5 cpl, that is an approximately 20% pay cut. Then, going from a 65-character line with spaces to VBC (a 65-character line without spaces), that is an approximately 30% pay cut. So, 20% plus 30% equals an overall 50% pay cut.  Can that possibly be correct? ...

Just Said Goodbye To Most Of My Accounts With OTI That Went To Mercedes.
Sep 30, 2014

d ...

Offer From Mercedes Transcription
May 12, 2015

I have received an offer from this company and she said it paid 0.065 cpl straight transcription.  Well, I start reading over the new hire paperwork and it says pay is 0.065 VBC.  So, I am not working for somewhere if they don't pay spaces.  I email her and say I am no longer interested.    She emails back and says that they do pay for spaces and that it has something to do with Bayscribe which i know nothing about.  She wants me to reconsider?  What do yo ...

OTI/Mercedes - Am I The Only One Who Received No Notice Whatsoever From OTI?
Sep 09, 2014

I received no notice from OTI/the sisters that there would be any change/division of company - the only thing I received in my email has been from Mercedes. Am I the only one who OTI didn't contact before all this went down?  ...

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

I Wish RecordsOne Would Get Those Mercedes Accounts Off The Board!!
Oct 06, 2014

It's depressing to see my accounts that are gone that I could be working on!! ...

What Companies Use Bayscribe Besides RecorsOne And Mercedes?
Oct 08, 2014

d ...

RecordsOne/Mercedes Both Say They Were Previously Oracle. Sm
May 07, 2015

If I do an archive search for Oracle it does not tell me which company is good, bad or if they are both good or bad.  Does anyone work for RecordsOne and if so will you share your thoughts?  Thanks in advance. ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

I Know I'm Beating A Dead Horse Here, But Is There Anyone Here Going To Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 06, 2014

d ...

So, I Hear Mercedes Is Going To Start Hiring New MT's. Any Other Communications From Them?
Oct 03, 2014

d ...

If Anyone Is Going To Join The "Town Hall" Conference Call With Mercedes
Sep 09, 2014

I hope they will share what is said.  I would love to just be a "fly on the wall."  ...