A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

mercedes transcription - onita

Posted: Dec 22, 2014

I notice this company has some openings.  Awhile back I had noticed some negative posts concerning the company and am wondering if anything has changed. 

There's lots of work at Mercedes - Mercedes MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Mercedes Transcription. Nice people. Pay is always on time. The pay is low; however, there is always a ton of work. There's always a tradeoff with any company. The last company I worked for paid more per line but there was never any work.

Yes, but Mercedes does not pay for spaces correct? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That is a HUGE problem for me if no spaces are paid and this is all straight typing right? I had a bad experience with a company who did not pay for spaces, only VBC and it took forever for my lines to add up. Not paying for spacing = Low line count = Low pay check.

I heard they are straight typing, 6.5 cpl for line VBC only. Can you confirm this? Thanks.

No spaces - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet that is right. Seems like that is what I heard on here previously, that is was 6.5 cpl but hadn't heard about spaces. Figured it was VR.

Not true to my knowledge - workerbee

[ In Reply To ..]
To my knowledge, this is not the case yet, because as I understand it, we would not be getting 6.5 cents a line, but even less per line.

Still low pay after having a good pay before. It is true that we do have lots of work. They are always asking for more help on other accounts to comply with TAT. We really come through for them though and manage to get the accounts all within TAT.

I just hope they won't overhire because we will be back in the same condition as when it was all one company.

Good luck on your being hired though. They have already hired a few now.
mercedes - onita
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not been hired, I was just kind of inquiring about the company. I have not even applied yet but was thinking about it. Hope you all don't get in a situation where they overhire.

What I like about Mercedes... - Happy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
Communication is excellent from team leads/others. They let you know how the accounts are looking and answer any questions pretty quickly - often minutes. The pay is a little on the low side but the account I work on has a lot of "normals" which makes up for it and the dictators are excellent.

Set schedule/IC? - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for OTI, so I am wondering if the scheduling works the same under Mercedes, i.e., you just declare the number of lines you intend to produce on any given day, and as long as you meet the requirements for the pay period, they are flexible. When I went on the Mercedes site, there was a question about which shift you'd be willing to work and gave three choices. Do you work within the confines of those hours, or do you adhere to a set eight-hour schedule? Thanks!

Schedules.... - Happy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
On my account they request you advise your lead each week what you'll be working and focus mainly on the number of lines more than the hours of the day - but that may also vary as if an account has very tight TATs they may need to request schedules that are adhered to to meet the client requirements.
Thanks! - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your response. That seems reasonable - to require a certain number of lines within a given timeframe. I'll have to give it some thought. All of my accounts went to Mercedes, so hopefully I'd be able to get some of them back, if I apply and they rehire me. The pay and the hours are concerning. This is why I didn't sign in the first place. It sounds like it's better than we thought at the time of the split. Wish I'd known.

Similar Messages:

Offer From Mercedes Transcription
May 12, 2015

I have received an offer from this company and she said it paid 0.065 cpl straight transcription.  Well, I start reading over the new hire paperwork and it says pay is 0.065 VBC.  So, I am not working for somewhere if they don't pay spaces.  I email her and say I am no longer interested.    She emails back and says that they do pay for spaces and that it has something to do with Bayscribe which i know nothing about.  She wants me to reconsider?  What do yo ...

What Do You Think Of Mercedes?
Oct 01, 2014

How has the first few hours with Mercedes been? Should I request a contract with them? ...

Well, I Got My Mercedes Contract...
Sep 06, 2014

Knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad....and VBC, no headers or footers. ...

Mercedes Contract
Sep 10, 2014

I decided to send them the contract e-mail back stating I would not be accepting and why - that with 20 years experience, I will quit the industry before going that low and that there are still other jobs out there willing to pay more (even if it is only for 6 months to a year that they told me it would last).  I said if they get no takers and want to consider offering us more, please feel free to contact me.  Hopefully, we all do the same.  Good luck. ...

Did You Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 11, 2014

Have you signed with Mercedes? Even with the idea of being a temporary thing to do? Do you know how many signed with them? I am nosy and curious. ...

RecordsOne / Mercedes
Sep 13, 2014

Apparently I am probably with one of the "sister" companies in this transition.  Like you guys, I am trying to weigh out my options here.  I'm reading the comments about the offer from Mercedes.  Does anyone know if RecordsOne is offering pretty much the same offer?   I feel like if the "sister" company keeps me onboard, to go on the other accounts they have, are they really able to "absorb" another MT.  I feel like the relative you let sleep on the couch just beca ...

Anybody Tempted To Go With Mercedes Just For Something To Do?!!!
Oct 07, 2014

I'm beginning to think RecordsOne got the raw end of this deal. ...

Mercedes Town Hall--What Did You Think?
Sep 09, 2014

I listened to the Mercedes town hall. What did you think? They did say VBC was coming. Does this sound like Bayscribe to you? They said VBC was coming, but rate of pay would not change. I wonder how that will work. They promised nothing would change as of October 1. I wonder what it will be like on January 1. ...

Mercedes Pay Cut - Would Someone Check My Math?
Sep 10, 2014

On reading the posts below, if an MT makes 8 cpl and pay is cut down to 6.5 cpl, that is an approximately 20% pay cut. Then, going from a 65-character line with spaces to VBC (a 65-character line without spaces), that is an approximately 30% pay cut. So, 20% plus 30% equals an overall 50% pay cut.  Can that possibly be correct? ...

Just Said Goodbye To Most Of My Accounts With OTI That Went To Mercedes.
Sep 30, 2014

d ...

OTI/Mercedes - Am I The Only One Who Received No Notice Whatsoever From OTI?
Sep 09, 2014

I received no notice from OTI/the sisters that there would be any change/division of company - the only thing I received in my email has been from Mercedes. Am I the only one who OTI didn't contact before all this went down?  ...

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

I Wish RecordsOne Would Get Those Mercedes Accounts Off The Board!!
Oct 06, 2014

It's depressing to see my accounts that are gone that I could be working on!! ...

What Companies Use Bayscribe Besides RecorsOne And Mercedes?
Oct 08, 2014

d ...

RecordsOne/Mercedes Both Say They Were Previously Oracle. Sm
May 07, 2015

If I do an archive search for Oracle it does not tell me which company is good, bad or if they are both good or bad.  Does anyone work for RecordsOne and if so will you share your thoughts?  Thanks in advance. ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

I Know I'm Beating A Dead Horse Here, But Is There Anyone Here Going To Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 06, 2014

d ...

So, I Hear Mercedes Is Going To Start Hiring New MT's. Any Other Communications From Them?
Oct 03, 2014

d ...

If Anyone Is Going To Join The "Town Hall" Conference Call With Mercedes
Sep 09, 2014

I hope they will share what is said.  I would love to just be a "fly on the wall."  ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...