A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now I'm excited!! I saw that Landmark is now hiring - sm

Posted: Dec 20, 2011

I have heard so many awesome things and am just very glad they accept Vista.  I am so praying now.  May not be able to give my kids gifts for Christmas, but a new job would help!

Don't get too excited - beenthere

[ In Reply To ..]
They run out of work all the time, overhire and lose accounts. Then they tell you they have nowhere else to put you and a few weeks later, their ads are out again. Be careful.

Ah thanks for the heads up. I kinda wondered since - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
there seems to be one poster always saying how awesome they are.

My take and a ? for LM MTs. - NewLMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally I have heard nothing but good things about LM *BUT* my sources do emphasize that LM is great for PT work but NOT FT. That is because they do overstaff their accounts. For EXTRA MONEY, i.e. for those who already have a FT gig, LM is a great second PT job.

I have been hired by LM and am really excited because the company seems highly professional, which increasingly is a rarity these days. They also value their MTs -- they are one of the few companies who give all their MTs a Christmas gift each year.

After the chaotic, disorganized, stressful, horrible experience I just had with another company, Landmark shines.
I work for LM full time - Landmarker
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't discount the other stories, so I think it all depends on your account. I have only ever worked on the one account, so I can only speak to that one, but the work is steady, it's not overflow, and it's not over staffed.

I've been with LM since 2008, starting out as PT and now FT.

The operations director totally leaves us alone to do our work, communicating necessary information, but not inundating us with crap we have to take our own time to read. There's no bells and whistles with this company. We don't get gifts at the holidays, we get an e mail thanking us for MT week, etc., and quite frankly I don't need those things. I have a good paycheck, I have steady work, and I have an employer who respects me and leaves me alone to do the work that they hired me to do.

Don't let negative reports scare you off. An MT who posts here quite a lot (maybe CrispyCritterMT) says that "everyone's mileage may vary" and she's absolutely right on that.
You didn't get candy? - NewLMMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, thanks for that!

Several LM MTs posted on here that they received gourmet candy in the mail for Christmas. Today I spoke with a friend who works for LM on the telephone, and when I asked her about it she said, "We get it every year."

So this statement of yours ("We don't get gifts at the holidays") has left me befuddled.
Maybe it is on the way - Landmarker
[ In Reply To ..]
Who knows. I'm across the country from them, so it still could be on the way, but it's not something I worry about.

Landmark - Lucy

[ In Reply To ..]
Ditto to the above. When they hired me they did not even have a job for me to train on for 2 days and then they finally had 1 job. In months I never had a full day of work and no other account for backup. You can starve trying to work for them. The owner is nice but she loves to hire people and overhires.
Your tone suggests... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
"She loves to hire people and overhires" sounds INCREDIBLY naïve.

That lady has a strong professional MTSO background and knows EXACTLY what she is doing. She is overstaffing the accounts to decrease the TAT.

Beenthere--another view - Knitter

[ In Reply To ..]
I manage to support myself and one 12-year-old dependent working for Landmark. It has been really good to me, and I just wanted to present my experience.

Yep, BTDT too....sm - Another ex-LMer

[ In Reply To ..]
Thought they would be the perfect fit for me. They sounded wonderful on the boards and hired me without having to take a test. One account doing the type of report I love to do. Then a few months later I got locked out of the system without notice and told there were no other accounts to put me on....only they had ads on here to hire so WHY couldn't they just put me on that account? Be prepared that could happen to you too!

Oh wow!. I'm starting there in a few days. I hope - a little nervous now

[ In Reply To ..]
that doesn't happy to me! Yikes.
Don't be nervous - LM is wonderful.
[ In Reply To ..]
LM truly does shine!
Not for everyone they don't! sm - Above ex-LMer
[ In Reply To ..]
Especially when you're locked out of their system without any notice. I asked constantly for another account and was told over and over again that they didn't have another Bayscribe account to put me on. I seriously doubt it would have been THAT hard to train on Escription when they never even trained me on Bayscribe! Fact is, they overhire, let the employees they do have go without and then hire more when they could just be training the people they already have! I'm not the only person this happened to. I posted on this board when this happened to me and was in contact with a lot of MTs who had the same thing happen to them. Do a search on this board and you will find others who say the same thing.

They do not! - Maybe on your account.

[ In Reply To ..]
Ask for a secondary account if you are running out of work. The account I work on has always been busy.

Not to be snarky but I'm sure they will hire you - They are NOTORIOUS for overhiring

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there briefly and the posters here are quite serious when they indicate this place is notorious for overhiring and apparently many of their accounts are strictly overflow. The brief time I was there, we were called off many times because there wasn't enough work for the in-house MTs and the LM MTs, so we'd have to twiddle our thumbs until (hopefully) there was enough work for all of us.

Really nice people (except I found the QA woman, whom everyone else seems to adore, quite quirky in that sometimes she would respond, sometimes she would not).

If you do get hired (and I've no doubt you will), I'd seriously contemplate using them as a secondary or "Plan B" income because it is definitely feast or famine there.

Good luck to you!

Thanks, but I never heard from them. A blessing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
in disguise probably:)

Similar Messages:

Landmark Is Hiring!
Feb 12, 2013

I work for LM, acute care, Escription account and I have NO WORK!  They have an ad on the job board that they are hiring?  This is CRAZINESS!  I have emailed K and asked to perhaps be moved to another account and no response.  I was thinking of sending my resume to them, like actually applying for the jobs they have posted.  Do you think they would even see the resume?  I swear, the frustrations! ...

Landmark Hiring Again
Aug 08, 2013

Why is this company always hiring.  Do they overstaff, make the MTs wait for work and then all the MTs quit or something?  I am interested, any info --thanks ...

Landmark Hiring
Sep 02, 2013

I have worked for Landmark for almost 2 years.  It was good at first but for about 6 months now I have very little work.  I keep being told that it should pick up, lots of vacations, someone had surgery, etc., but really all of my bills are behind at this point and I have to move on.  I go to look for a job and see that Landmark is hiring for 3 different accounts on the job seekers board.  I emailed K**** and asked her if she could move me over to one of those accounts and I ...

Is Landmark Still Hiring??
Jul 25, 2014

I used to see ads from them here quite frequently but haven't in a while. Was curious to know if they were still accepting resumes. ...

Unbelievable-Landmark Hiring????????
Sep 16, 2011

I cannot believe my eyes that Landmark is hiring, especially on Ex-Text.  Those of us that work on that platform have been out of work all week (see below posts) and it looks like the owner is going on another hiring frenzy, which happens every few months.  Proceed with caution! ...

Landmark Is Hiring, Yet Here I Sit With No Work
Mar 25, 2013

Beware ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

Excited
Jun 16, 2010

Unbanned again.  Long story.  Anyways, I am so excited.  I have an interview on Monday at 3 p.m. at my old in-house facility for a transcription position.  They never, ever have an opening so this is unbelievable.  Would be more money (again) and better vacation/benefits.  I am so hopeful for the first time in a while.  There is hope for us!!!  ...

You Will All Be Excited To Know
Mar 20, 2013

I know I was thrilled. ...

So Excited...
Feb 22, 2014

I have taken a position with Imedx/GIS and could not be happier to get back into transcription. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I did CNA work for a while, long hours, terrible wear and tear on your body and low pay. I had done CNA work prior to transcription. I also currently work at a school as an aide. Low pay, part time, don't get paid for snow days, etc. At least with transcription, I'm at home, I can be flexible with my hours, don't have to worry about ...

Anyone Else Excited About....
Jul 03, 2014

Clocking in and out as work barely trickles in for the next several days??   Email this morning says to make sure we punch in and out as work will be slow-don't want to have to get MUP. It is ridiculous--knowing this happens around every holiday, we should not have to use PTO for the time there is no work---not for a holiday or ever--none of this is new.... Last year I requested off around a holiday and was told that no part-time employees could have it off (It was Labor Day).   ...

Wow, Became Really Excited With The Posting Of A New Job (sm)
Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck????  Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path .... Good luck to anyone else that is looking! ...

I Was Excited About The Job Posting That Just
Aug 20, 2012

showed up until I saw it paid NO SPACES!!  I have MS Word 2000 and FTP.  I will not apply because of no spaces though.  Dislike! ...

I'm Excited About Learning Something New
Sep 11, 2012

I'm getting everything together to start on a new path. I've been impressed with so many of you who have taken on a new career even though you, like me, are well out of your 30s and 40s. I am inspired by people I've met on here who are changing their lives. I've seen you say that it scares you, but you're doing it anyway. I really have to respect that. Congratulations to all of us! ...

Oh People I'm So Excited
Jul 15, 2013

I had an interview with a tiny local MTSO and tomorrow I start training.  She knows I am not quite ready to totally jump ship and is willing to let me try it out and see how it goes.  I should be able to figure out pretty quickly if I can make good money and if so I can finally say goodbye! The benefits may be a problem, but maybe not.  It's clinic work, all straight typing, with templates, templates, templates!  I can't believe my good luck! ...

I'm So Excited...I'm Getting Fired.
Mar 04, 2014

Made an appointment with social security office.  Already receiving TIAA-CREF payout (from divorce...waited 14 years for that)  Will be getting more money than with MM without the headaches and pay cuts.  And just in time, my audit score of 96.1 this month will be a FAILURE next month.  Guitar lesssons, books, and coffee shops HERE I COME. ...

So Excited I Get To Work ANOTHER Holiday!!!!
May 25, 2010

Totally amazing unless the holiday falls on the 1 day a week that I don't work I can't have it off.....and oh no I'm not complaining I love not getting to spend time with my family! This company rocks! ...

Egad I Hate That!! I Was Getting Really Excited About The
Mar 03, 2012

post that said psychiatry, psychology, podiatry and found out it was posted in the wrong spot!!  UGH!!  It was by a person named Sheba if a mod sees this so they can delete it! ...

Actually Excited To Start May 6 W/Nuance
Apr 21, 2013

Just finally able to get established from home and no more commute! Gotta look at the bright side, right? ...

Funny How The Things They're Most Excited About Depress Me The Most.
Apr 17, 2013

Meeting TAT faster? That's because everyone's sitting around waiting on work. More and more work going to ASR?  No comment even necessary on how bad that is... ...

Call Me Crazy, But Am Excited To Start With SoftScript
Nov 01, 2010

I know many will think I'm insane, but I used to work for MQ and actually did really well there.  When they switched over to the open pooling, well my line count went down the drain and I quit.  I have since tried to be rehired, but I am on their do not touch list so I cannot even submit an application.  Probably because my supervisor didn't turn in anything about my 2 week notice I left, as she was let go during my two weeks.  Anyway (sorry to ramble), I just signe ...

I Am So Very Excited!! I Am Starting A Dental Assistant Program (sm)
Jan 27, 2011

in March, will have it completed on May 1st and will be walking away from MT forever!!!  For anyone who are thinking about leaving this field, I wish you all the best and for those who decide to stay, the same, I wish you all the best as well!!  I am nervous but so excited to start something new!  I just received my W2 and after working long hours, nights, weekends, giving up all of this time with my family, it earned me an incredible amount of $14,000.  I have been told that ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

Breitner Job Offer -- Excited And Hope This Is Good Decision.
May 15, 2012

I just got a job offer after completing their test process.  This were very hard reports to transcribe, but they said I passed.  Really kind of surprised, cuz I am not up on Genetics and lab tests for that specialty.  Also the cardiac cath report was ESL who was hard to understand.   Well anyway just glad I passed.  I have looked through archives on this company and they mostly have positive messages.  They say plenty of work, nice company to work for, pay on ...

Response To "Don't Get Too Excited" -- Meclizine Won't Help This Time
Apr 07, 2010

We've already been notified that "lock-down" has been cancelled until they fix some glitch, hours before I start my shift, so I don't get to see "what happens." But I certainly tend to agree with you when you say, "don't get too excited" and then extrapolate. I feel like I've been riding a high-speed rollercoaster for 10 years.  Every time it gets to the top of a hill and I heave a sigh of relief, I find myself being madly flung into the depths of chaos and confusion, ...

For Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

Q1: What is COBRA continuation health coverage? Congress passed the landmark Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) health benefit provisions in 1986. The law amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Internal Revenue Code and the Public Health Service Act to provide continuation of group health coverage that otherwise might be terminated. Q2: What does COBRA do? COBRA provides certain former employees, retirees, spouses, former spouses, and dependent ...

Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

After the flurry of posts on this board this week regarding Landmark and then doing more research on my own in the archives on Landmark, I have decided to move on.  I am an employee of Landmark also.  I believe where there is smoke, there is fire to follow.  I have not seen what others are saying, but the lack of communication I have experienced and I am a person who do not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.  So,  I am finding another job and I suggest everyone on th ...

Landmark??
Jan 31, 2011

The other day I was roaming through the site and saw some very irritated MTs that were talking about Landmark, lack of communication, insurance issues, etc.  Can someone please tell me which Landmark this is?  I believe there are two.  ...

Landmark QA
Sep 29, 2011

For anyone who works at Landmark, I was just wondering how long is the norm for being on 100% QA? I've exceed my 90-day period and am still on 100% QA. Most of my reports come back clean with exception of a period or an a/an, or something simple along those lines. ...