A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Unbelievable-Landmark hiring???????? - Astonished-again!

Posted: Sep 16, 2011

I cannot believe my eyes that Landmark is hiring, especially on Ex-Text.  Those of us that work on that platform have been out of work all week (see below posts) and it looks like the owner is going on another hiring frenzy, which happens every few months.  Proceed with caution!

Landmark hiring but hardly any work - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at Landmark on the Bayscribe platform and haven't had enough work for quite a while now.

Why do they go on these hiring frenzies when the MTs that they already do have are not getting enough work? I just don't understand.

They overstaffed to stay in turnaround, first come first serve-simple as that. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thankfully, I didn't give up my day job - for Landmark

[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark's promise of lots of work when I was hired never did materialize and I ended up with very little work (and quite often no work at all).

So, thank goodness I had decided not to quit my other job until I saw how Landmark was going to work out for me. If I had quit my other job for Landmark, I'd surely be out on the streets by now :-(
Same song, different lyrics here - ExLMer
[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, accepted a position a year or so ago with LM and was assured there was all the work I could ever want. I was given 2 accounts, a primary and a backup.

The primary account was acute care and I thought it would have an abundance of work...but it was OVERFLOW only. Half the time we were called off because there wasn't enough work for the in-house MTs, much less for the who-knows-how-many outsourced MTs.

The backup account sometimes had work but, here again, I found it was all overflow and somehow the apparent multiple re-recording of the audio files made the sound so low, fuzzy and staticky that after a couple of hours I needed at least 2 Vicodin to kill the massive headache struggling to hear gave me. (For those who are wondering, yes, I most certainly did complain - several times, loud and long) about the atrocious quality of the account and begged for suggestions to improve the quality of sound on my end but never received so much as an aknowedgement).

The folks that own Landmark are very nice but, as the saying goes, nice doesn't pay the bills. It was a very disappointing experience for me, and I was certainly glad I hadn't given up my IC job and was able to go back to that full-time and drop Landmark.

Couldn't believe it either nm - as I sit here with no work

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't work at LM but.... - I would

[ In Reply To ..]
be e-mailing them and asking them to work on the accounts they are hiring for since I didn't have enough work. If they offered some crazy or lame excuse (which is likely) not to put me on that account, I would start putting in resumes. There's no excuse for that!!

Yep, I did just that - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have started putting in resumes elsewhere. Sad.

Believe it! sm - Mtinny

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there a few years ago. I was struggling to have any work in my account and eventually locked out of my account. The next day I found an ad on here for full time work on the account I had been working on (I was part-time). There was also an ad for another account. I asked and asked to be placed on another account and was told there were no other accounts. Why they don't allow the MTs they have already to switch to another account is beyond me. When I posted about it on here there were several others who posted the same experience.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Is Hiring!
Feb 12, 2013

I work for LM, acute care, Escription account and I have NO WORK!  They have an ad on the job board that they are hiring?  This is CRAZINESS!  I have emailed K and asked to perhaps be moved to another account and no response.  I was thinking of sending my resume to them, like actually applying for the jobs they have posted.  Do you think they would even see the resume?  I swear, the frustrations! ...

Landmark Hiring Again
Aug 08, 2013

Why is this company always hiring.  Do they overstaff, make the MTs wait for work and then all the MTs quit or something?  I am interested, any info --thanks ...

Landmark Hiring
Sep 02, 2013

I have worked for Landmark for almost 2 years.  It was good at first but for about 6 months now I have very little work.  I keep being told that it should pick up, lots of vacations, someone had surgery, etc., but really all of my bills are behind at this point and I have to move on.  I go to look for a job and see that Landmark is hiring for 3 different accounts on the job seekers board.  I emailed K**** and asked her if she could move me over to one of those accounts and I ...

Is Landmark Still Hiring??
Jul 25, 2014

I used to see ads from them here quite frequently but haven't in a while. Was curious to know if they were still accepting resumes. ...

Now I'm Excited!! I Saw That Landmark Is Now Hiring
Dec 20, 2011

I have heard so many awesome things and am just very glad they accept Vista.  I am so praying now.  May not be able to give my kids gifts for Christmas, but a new job would help! ...

Landmark Is Hiring, Yet Here I Sit With No Work
Mar 25, 2013

Beware ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

Unbelievable MDs
Feb 11, 2010

I was just told by a doc:  *...left nare.  That is N-A-R-E.  There is no such word as naris, please stop transcribing this.*  WHAT!!! I don't know about you all, but since being a transcriptionist, I have lost most respect for physicians.  If I ever need my appendix out, I would probably do it myself.  ...

OMG... UNBELIEVABLE
May 27, 2010

I was getting audited today, noticed earlier in the day.  They had my four jobs and I was maintaining a 96%.  The last job they audited came back with a 81%!   I looked at that job, saw 17 CORRECTIONS, 3 CRITICAL FB!  yet when I listened and re-listened and read and re-read, I don't understand!!! I called this "expert" up and asked what was up.  Apparently, AFTER the job was uploaded, the DOC DECIDED HER STANDARD INSERTED AND THE OLD REPORT DELETED!  So t ...

Unbelievable...pto=??
Feb 16, 2012

anyone out there remember my post the other day about wanting to take pto this Friday and ccm waiting till the last minute to approve.  Instead of the real approval in teamwork for pto yesterday I receive an email I failed the high and mighty 99% audit.  Funny, I had not been audited since last July believe or not and then I was "randomly" selected.  I guess they can't see anyone wanting to have a little happiness at any given anytime.  ...

Unbelievable!
Sep 26, 2012

I ended up today with a report of transcription today with 21 splits, different reports in it. The doctor just dictated 1 report after the other. In between each report I of course had to research and find the new ADT. It took me 3 hours to get through about 50 minutes of actual dictation. I don't know if he always dictates like this or not, I just know I had to work 2 hours past my shift to finish his mess knowing I'd lose it all if I didn't finish it. I sure will complain to my ...

Just Unbelievable
Feb 05, 2013

An account was temporarily added to our pool.  The ADT instructions run a full page.  All this is to be done without compensation of course.  Has anyone else read this?  It is in the West.  I think any MT getting this as a "helper" account should just help herself to the dictation and bypass all the ridiculous instructions.  They seem to think MM is a charity and we are their contributors. ...

IPMedica, NJ - Unbelievable!
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.ipmedica.com/faq.php Allendale, NJ From their website: WHY OUTSOURCE WORK? According to the American Association of Medical Transcriptionists, there is a shortage of qualified, trained Medical Transcriptionists in the US. We can help you avoid costly recruitment and training and reduce staffing shortages and turnover. By outsourcing your transcription, you can reduce a headache, take advantage of s ...

Unbelievable But True
Feb 02, 2015

So Mmodal decided to eliminate my position and I was without work for quite some time.  I took my 401K distribution to survive on.  Just figured out my taxes and low and behold I owe what my 401 K distribution was.  This country needs to get with it.  My family would not have survived without that 401K distribution to live on, yet the government feels that I am overpaid or something.  So sad.  I am so disgusted.  I put my heart in my job, lost it, and did what ...

Four Perfect 100% QC, Unbelievable...sm
Mar 06, 2015

Only work part-time, few days a week, so this week got four jobs audited at 100% each four days in a row, so they keep going until they can find an error and, of course, one small word was found incorrect!  I have never had 5 audits in one week.  How discouraging this is, very sad and pathetic.  ...

You Guys Are Unbelievable. For Months You
Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes lat ...

Unbelievable - Job Seeker's Board
Oct 09, 2010

Just checked out the job seeker's board and came across someone willing to work for 5 cents per 65-character line and 7 cents if the audio is poor quality.  I just cannot believe someone would ADVERTISE or SELL themselves to work for such a low rate of pay, which probably would not even equal  to minimum wage!!!!!!  If you want to get screwed do not advertise, just go to work for a few of the national MTSOs that do not have a good reputation on this board!!!!!& ...

We Type Transcription Company Is Unbelievable
May 16, 2011

This company is unbelievable....sent resume to them to get a letter back from stating that I had to have a proof of passing a certified HIPAA course which ok I get that but then it goes on to state that they want proof of having $300,000 of general liability insurance and want $250 dollars from me as a deposit on their software. Here is the biggest kicker.....they pay 7 cents a line.  That is ridiculous. ...

The System Output Is Unbelievable Today.
Mar 22, 2015

I swear MM ASR is making up reports as it goes along. Very little is actually matching what the doctor says. Nothing but usual phrases in place of what is said. Although..... they did work on the system last night. ...

For Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

Q1: What is COBRA continuation health coverage? Congress passed the landmark Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) health benefit provisions in 1986. The law amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Internal Revenue Code and the Public Health Service Act to provide continuation of group health coverage that otherwise might be terminated. Q2: What does COBRA do? COBRA provides certain former employees, retirees, spouses, former spouses, and dependent ...

Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

After the flurry of posts on this board this week regarding Landmark and then doing more research on my own in the archives on Landmark, I have decided to move on.  I am an employee of Landmark also.  I believe where there is smoke, there is fire to follow.  I have not seen what others are saying, but the lack of communication I have experienced and I am a person who do not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.  So,  I am finding another job and I suggest everyone on th ...

Landmark??
Jan 31, 2011

The other day I was roaming through the site and saw some very irritated MTs that were talking about Landmark, lack of communication, insurance issues, etc.  Can someone please tell me which Landmark this is?  I believe there are two.  ...

Landmark QA
Sep 29, 2011

For anyone who works at Landmark, I was just wondering how long is the norm for being on 100% QA? I've exceed my 90-day period and am still on 100% QA. Most of my reports come back clean with exception of a period or an a/an, or something simple along those lines. ...

Landmark Job Ad
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone know if the job ad Landmark posted recently (oncology) is a new account for them? I have read on here so many posts about how the MTs there say they don't have enough work and was wondering if this account is a new one so there actually would be work to do? I would like to apply but don't want to waste my time if there isn't enough work in the first place.  Thanks for your help. ...

Landmark Really? Sm
Nov 30, 2011

Landmark posting for radiology jobs?  I work for them and barely have any work.  Please look at the people you already have hired before you hire more.  That's why people don't stay.  I'd love to work there full time, but this has become my part time, back up account because I'm making so little money.  So frustrating.  Who else is working there currently for radiology?  I'd love to hear from you.  ...

Does Landmark Use.
Dec 21, 2011

Hi, Does Landmark use the BOS3? Thanks. ...

Landmark W-2
Feb 02, 2012

Hi everyone - I worked for Landmark Transcription out of PA last year until 2011 and I haven't received my W-2 from them yet.  I have sent them 3 emails directly on the website because I no longer have any of my Landmark contacts saved but haven't gotten an answer yet.  Have any of you others out there gotten your W-2 from them yet?   Thanks!! ...

Landmark VR
Feb 18, 2012

I just saw an ad on the job seeker's board for Landmark stating they are hiring for VR because their account is switching to VR. Does anyone know if this is across the board for Landmark? Are they totally switching to VR altogether? Or just one certain account?  I am worried because personally I hate VR and rather enjoy the straight typing I do for them.   Thanks in advance! ...

Anyone At Landmark Get Their W2?
Feb 04, 2013