A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

call me crazy, but am excited to start with SoftScript - probablynuts

Posted: Nov 01, 2010

I know many will think I'm insane, but I used to work for MQ and actually did really well there.  When they switched over to the open pooling, well my line count went down the drain and I quit.  I have since tried to be rehired, but I am on their do not touch list so I cannot even submit an application.  Probably because my supervisor didn't turn in anything about my 2 week notice I left, as she was let go during my two weeks.  Anyway (sorry to ramble), I just signed on with SoftScript and a lot of the things I loved about MQ seem to be available through SoftScript, i.e. the OT pay, the weekend differential, the shift differential, the production bonus, etc. Anyone working for SoftScript and making a decent living?  Would love some feedback. 

You're not crazy. Each person's experience is unique. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have only been there a month, but I am happy so far. I read tons of negative postings, but I'm glad I didn't let it stop me from applying. There has been plenty of work, the platform is easy to use, and the sound quality is great (had heard lots of people say the sound quality was poor). Sometimes I think communication oculd be a little better, but that is my only complaint. Good luck!

How long was the QA period? - Interviewing with SS 2moro

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm interviewing with DA tomorrow and was just curious as to how long it took them to cut you loose from QA, and were you limited to a certain number of reports per day while you were training? The only drawback to starting someplace new can be that 5- or 10-report limit per day some places impose until you're released from QA.

What is the name of the platform, btw?

Thanks for the info!

I was on QA for about a week. There is no limit as to how many reports sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
you can do each day; you just have to send everything to QA and check your feedback daily. The platform is their proprietary SoftScript platform, but it is Word based, very easy to use. I think you cannot have higher than Word 2007 for it to work, but I'm not totally sure on that.

Good luck!
Thanks so much for the info (sm) - Interview 2moro
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad to hear there is OT available as well as differential pay, etc. It sounds as if they have plenty of work. Can I ask if you were assigned to an account or did they give you a choice? Also, I've heard their pay is actually a bit higher than the usual seen batted around on here; did you find that to be the case as well?

A couple of more questions, then I'll stop bugging you...Were you hired at the conclusion of the telephone interview and how long before they installed the software and you actually began working?

Thanks so much (again) for the info. I'm the sole support of my household, so I'm trying to get all the information possible beforehand since I have a couple of other offers on the table, too, and I'm afraid I'm going to make the wrong decision (I'm always a neurotic mess when it comes to deciding on which offer to accept, lol!).
I'll try to answer your questions ... you're not bugging me at all. :-) sm - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I started out assigned 2 accounts (I did not have a choice), and now have a tertiary account. If you run out of work, you email the qmanager and then they find you more work. It seems to work so far, although learning multiple accounts at once can be a bit mind boggling, but there are account specs for every account, and you are assigned a mentor to help you as well, plus there is someone on the help desk available via Yahoo Messenger.

As for the pay, it seems about average for employee rate compared with companies like TransTech and Keystrokes, and the evening differential is 1/2 cpl and the weekend differential is 1 cpl. I wanted to work both Saturday and Sunday, so that helps a lot, paywise.

I was offered the job at the end of the interview. I took a day to decide as I had other offers. All in all, with them emailing me the offer paperwork, me faxing back the new hire paperwork, and support installing the program, it probably took a week before I actually started. It probably could have been sooner, but I lagged a few days in getting my paperwork back to them as I had to get out and have one of the forms notarized.

I understand your anxiety. You always wonder if you are making the right choice. Two selling points for me with SoftScript are that they do not do VR and they do not outsource, which seems to be a rare find nowadays. (I hate VR.)

Good luck in whatever you decide. If I can help some way, let me know.

SS questions! - Possibly applying!

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations on the new job. I have considered applying with them and may do that now. What is the daily line requirement for full time and are you able to meet it in an 8-hour shift? That is my biggest worry!

Thanks!

This wasn't addressed to me, but line requirement is 135 lph. - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope that helps.

Ok, I'll call you crazy. I really wish any MT well, no - me

[ In Reply To ..]
matter what company they work for. We're all just trying to earn a living, but there is a reason SS is always hiring, so it isn't just the opinion of 1 or 2 MTs.

It was the worst place I ever worked, but if it works for you then good for you.

So, why where they the worst place you ever worked? sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just curious as so far I have seen nothing to be upset about and am quite happy. I hope you have found a place that you like better. Like you, I wish any MT well. We spend so much of our time working, it ought not to be a place that makes us pull our hair out. :-)

Similar Messages:

Actually Excited To Start May 6 W/Nuance
Apr 21, 2013

Just finally able to get established from home and no more commute! Gotta look at the bright side, right? ...

Ok, Call Me Crazy But . . . .
Sep 01, 2011

here?  it seems pretty simple to me.  I type, you pay.  I meet TAT, you meet payroll.  apparently 2+2 does not = 4?  ...

Call Me Crazy But....
Jan 11, 2013

What if there were legislation requiring MT's be paid a base HOURLY wage much like waitstaff?  Below the Fed Minimum but still compensation for the time we spend researching and doing other things directly related to our jobs that take time away from actual typing.  ...

Softscript I Got A Call
Jun 12, 2012

from dol. Anyone else did? ...

Softscript Question: How Many "clicks" Does It Actually Take Before You Start Typing? Sm
Dec 16, 2011

The reason I ask is because I've heard toat Softscript's platform can be cumbersome and taking too much time before you actually get into the document. ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Excited
Jun 16, 2010

Unbanned again.  Long story.  Anyways, I am so excited.  I have an interview on Monday at 3 p.m. at my old in-house facility for a transcription position.  They never, ever have an opening so this is unbelievable.  Would be more money (again) and better vacation/benefits.  I am so hopeful for the first time in a while.  There is hope for us!!!  ...

You Will All Be Excited To Know
Mar 20, 2013

I know I was thrilled. ...

So Excited...
Feb 22, 2014

I have taken a position with Imedx/GIS and could not be happier to get back into transcription. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I did CNA work for a while, long hours, terrible wear and tear on your body and low pay. I had done CNA work prior to transcription. I also currently work at a school as an aide. Low pay, part time, don't get paid for snow days, etc. At least with transcription, I'm at home, I can be flexible with my hours, don't have to worry about ...

Anyone Else Excited About....
Jul 03, 2014

Clocking in and out as work barely trickles in for the next several days??   Email this morning says to make sure we punch in and out as work will be slow-don't want to have to get MUP. It is ridiculous--knowing this happens around every holiday, we should not have to use PTO for the time there is no work---not for a holiday or ever--none of this is new.... Last year I requested off around a holiday and was told that no part-time employees could have it off (It was Labor Day).   ...

Wow, Became Really Excited With The Posting Of A New Job (sm)
Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck????  Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path .... Good luck to anyone else that is looking! ...

I Was Excited About The Job Posting That Just
Aug 20, 2012

showed up until I saw it paid NO SPACES!!  I have MS Word 2000 and FTP.  I will not apply because of no spaces though.  Dislike! ...

I'm Excited About Learning Something New
Sep 11, 2012

I'm getting everything together to start on a new path. I've been impressed with so many of you who have taken on a new career even though you, like me, are well out of your 30s and 40s. I am inspired by people I've met on here who are changing their lives. I've seen you say that it scares you, but you're doing it anyway. I really have to respect that. Congratulations to all of us! ...

Oh People I'm So Excited
Jul 15, 2013

I had an interview with a tiny local MTSO and tomorrow I start training.  She knows I am not quite ready to totally jump ship and is willing to let me try it out and see how it goes.  I should be able to figure out pretty quickly if I can make good money and if so I can finally say goodbye! The benefits may be a problem, but maybe not.  It's clinic work, all straight typing, with templates, templates, templates!  I can't believe my good luck! ...

I'm So Excited...I'm Getting Fired.
Mar 04, 2014

Made an appointment with social security office.  Already receiving TIAA-CREF payout (from divorce...waited 14 years for that)  Will be getting more money than with MM without the headaches and pay cuts.  And just in time, my audit score of 96.1 this month will be a FAILURE next month.  Guitar lesssons, books, and coffee shops HERE I COME. ...

So Excited I Get To Work ANOTHER Holiday!!!!
May 25, 2010

Totally amazing unless the holiday falls on the 1 day a week that I don't work I can't have it off.....and oh no I'm not complaining I love not getting to spend time with my family! This company rocks! ...

Now I'm Excited!! I Saw That Landmark Is Now Hiring
Dec 20, 2011

I have heard so many awesome things and am just very glad they accept Vista.  I am so praying now.  May not be able to give my kids gifts for Christmas, but a new job would help! ...

Egad I Hate That!! I Was Getting Really Excited About The
Mar 03, 2012

post that said psychiatry, psychology, podiatry and found out it was posted in the wrong spot!!  UGH!!  It was by a person named Sheba if a mod sees this so they can delete it! ...

Funny How The Things They're Most Excited About Depress Me The Most.
Apr 17, 2013

Meeting TAT faster? That's because everyone's sitting around waiting on work. More and more work going to ASR?  No comment even necessary on how bad that is... ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

I Am So Very Excited!! I Am Starting A Dental Assistant Program (sm)
Jan 27, 2011

in March, will have it completed on May 1st and will be walking away from MT forever!!!  For anyone who are thinking about leaving this field, I wish you all the best and for those who decide to stay, the same, I wish you all the best as well!!  I am nervous but so excited to start something new!  I just received my W2 and after working long hours, nights, weekends, giving up all of this time with my family, it earned me an incredible amount of $14,000.  I have been told that ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

Breitner Job Offer -- Excited And Hope This Is Good Decision.
May 15, 2012

I just got a job offer after completing their test process.  This were very hard reports to transcribe, but they said I passed.  Really kind of surprised, cuz I am not up on Genetics and lab tests for that specialty.  Also the cardiac cath report was ESL who was hard to understand.   Well anyway just glad I passed.  I have looked through archives on this company and they mostly have positive messages.  They say plenty of work, nice company to work for, pay on ...

Am I Crazy???
Apr 14, 2011

My boss has offered me a 3rd shift position working 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.  I work days now 10 a.m to 6 p.m.  This 3rd position appeals to me because there would be no interruptions and hopefully my production would get even better.  I could be up in the morning around 10-11 am and have the rest of the day to run errands, grocery shop or just do some baking which sounds wonderful.  I am usually a day person, but this sounds intriguing. I realize the first couple of weeks would ...

OK This Is Crazy,
Nov 21, 2012

ASR: The patient had history of DVT and PE. Dictated: Allergies none. This is getting really bad,,,first the simple act of breathing into the phone prints out things that "could" be relevant to the current report..now something like this..Guess it is keeping us employed cause you cant send this stuff through un-edited. ...

Crazy ASR
Aug 09, 2013

Today is frequently adding an extra word of "some" to much of the editing I am doing.  Is it EVER going to learn??????????? ...

AM I CRAZY? I MUST BE.
Aug 23, 2013

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Albert Einstein Well, it suddenly hit me this morning.  With all the changes in this industry over the last 10 years (that's how long I've been in it), and no improvement in working conditions in sight, WHY AM I still doing it?  I must be insane!  I think I must have self-hypnotized myself into thinking that if I keep looking, I'll find some MT position that pays well ...

Maybe I Am Crazy
May 13, 2014

Has anyone else noticed a change in some of the CPs? I KNOW my so-called "primary" account CP  used to say "REPORT FORMATTING:  DQS Guidelines."  It now says "REPORT FORMATTING:  AAMT BOS" and I am getting dinged for things that used to be SOP. ...