A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mommy jobs online--where do they get their contacts? - Tess

Posted: Jun 26, 2013

I received an e-mail from this company today inviting me to attend their job fair. I noticed there was some conversation about this on here yesterday, but unlike the posters in that string I do not have my resume posted on any of the sites. Is MT Stars selling our e-mail addresses?

A job fair shouldn't - cost $ to attend.

[ In Reply To ..]
I got that same email and was suspicious when it asked for my CC#.

MT Stars does not sell e-mail addresses - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Thank you moderator for the response - Tess

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like I have to really think twice about the ads I respond to. I look for the companies on the web and if they have a professional looking website I will respond, but now I wonder if that is enough. Working as an MT is getting more interesting every day!

But you do sell the resume bank subscription - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
so when someone has access to all those resumes, isn't their contact information visible? I, for one, would never post my resume with contact information on a website.

Heck I got a call - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
Heck, I got a call from this lady stating I put in an application. I did not. I applied for jobs here and on the other site and I'm guessing it was a false job ad and she got my number of my resume. I told her I would never pay for her to find me a job and to never call me again as I am not interested. The nerve of these people. Not only are we getting ripped of in our MT pay as it is by making peanuts and now you want me to pay you so I can make these peanuts. Please. You must be kidding. ???

there is no guarantee of getting a job - from this job fair either

[ In Reply To ..]
so you are basically paying her for nothing. I truly believe there are no jobs as it is, and she is running a total scam! I received two emails back to back yesterday for this place, and I never "applied" with her either.

Mommy - Montana

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't find a place to unsubscribe so I gave them a piece of my mind and told them to leave me alone that I wasn't ever going to pay for a job and should not have to. Hope I'm rid of them.

do not count on it - I did the same thing

[ In Reply To ..]
the last time they sent their scam emails and I could not find an unsubscribe button, and they started sending me more and more emails after that, to the point where I had to enlist help to get them to stop it. They retaliate if you question their motives. beware.

Similar Messages:

Mommy Jobs Online, Anyone Know Sm
Mar 05, 2013

anything about this search company?  I got an email from them about a job fair for MTs but it was 35 dollars to sign up for the fair.  It's an employment service but just wondeing if anyone has heard anything about them? ...

Mommy Jobs ONline
Jun 25, 2013

Just saying is just curious:  The ad by Mommy Jobs ONline (forum) doesn't say what the fee, if any, is for MTs.   Surely there is no charge for MTs looking for a job? ...

Mommy Jobs Online A Disappointment
Sep 08, 2013

I recently participated in an online job fair hosted by MJOL, who implied that their leads were more numerous than I could find on job boards online.  The "fair" started late, and ended early which miffed me as I had paid $50 for an hour.  I got a list of companies "currently" hiring, some with phone numbers.  I applied to every single one I qualified for and I either was told they were NOT hiring or I heard nothing at all other than a nibble about doing some other work for one.&n ...

Mommy Jobs On Line Experience
Dec 20, 2013

Anybody have personal experience with Mommy Jobs on Line they care to share?  Trying to decide if it is worth the $200. ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Contacts Yet?
May 18, 2010

Just curious if anyone is getting contacted from the job wanted board?  Thanks ...

Happy Mommy's Day To Everyone!!!
May 10, 2015

Mommy's of all kinds ... those who raised kids, pets (they were your babies), or even plants (needed so much TLC to grow).Let's raise our glasses in a toast too one and all ... hand over heart ... with a special dedication to those whose dictators are so bad they make them feel like they are in labor.  ...

TTD & No 1099--Here Are Quite A Few Contacts Through The Many "businesses" She Has.
Feb 07, 2013

I too am filing without my 1099 from TTD and no response from "AK", the owner. Going out of my way to fill out another form and gather earnings together and attempts to contact. Here are many ways on Facebook to get a hold of her if needed.  She runs her K9 German Shepherd breeding business, fitness, photography and creations. Wonder how much of this gets reported, especially the high $$$ dogs. She has recently posted on these pages as well. Amy's personal FB:  https://www.facebo ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Online Course??? Help Me!!!
Jan 28, 2010

i have a question for working mt's.  i have decided that i want to get into the mt field and try to work from home if at all possible, while raising a family. i was going to look into doing an online course and i'm just not sure which "school" would be a good choice. it seems that its so hard to find out which school is actually legit. i know there are some schools that are supported by the adhi and accp. and im not sure if "at home" jobs are actually obtainable to ...

Looking For Online ICD-10-PCS
Jan 25, 2014

of any good online education for this alone?  I see AHIMA has one.  I am looking for others.  AHIMA's online courses don't suit me.  I suppose it would look good on a resume, but I want to LEARN it well.  So if anyone has come across a good online course in ICD-10-PCS, please post.  Thank you! ...

Online Library
Mar 02, 2010

Here's something that might be useful to you all who have library cards with your own local library.  I'm not sure if all libraries are connected to netlibrary.com, but mine is. Here's the thing: http://www.netlibrary.com I went there and signed up by using my local library card.  There are a ton of books, in both ebook (pdf) format as well as available for audio download (free).  You can search by subject, author, etc., For instance, when I put "start a business ...

MT Online Schools
Apr 23, 2010

Hello im newly interested to getting certified as an MT and wanting to know about the Online schools that i can trust.   And if this career pays well and is worth getting into ???  Thanks for any input i do appreciate it. ...

Online Or At School
Jun 26, 2010

I am just curious. Is there a big difference between online coding classes and going into school?  I feel (I am taking online course) that maybe going into the classroom would be most beneficial. ...

Online Mt Courses??
Oct 04, 2010

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good online school that you know of that i could do MT course online. I am a stay at home mom that homeschools and would love to let this be a 2nd income to help supplement income with my husbands, and still be able to be at home. please anyone help. thanks!! Amy ...

Online Schools
Dec 07, 2010

I am interested in becoming a medical transcriptionist. I was wondering what online school you would recommend. Two that I saw that was interesting was FutureMT and CareerStep. I want to make sure I pick a good school so i can get a good foundation.Also how long did it take for you to finish school? I heard between 3-6 months. Thanks ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Do The Online Med Insurance
Apr 25, 2011

I was able to get onto the web site but I don't see anything there that indicates enrollment for this new UnitedHealthcare MS MRA insurance.  All of my existing elections are there, but no place can I find anything regarding open enrollment.    Have any of you guys been able to find it?  If so, please let me know.  I tried calling the "benefits" number on Friday, but I got a recording that there were closed for the holiday...LOL.  Not me....I had to work all ...

Online Applications
May 14, 2011

I just had to vent!  I am SICK AND TIRED of companies (mostly hospitals) with these l-o-n-g applications asking you to document your whole life history.  These are several pages long, and many times you are restricted to ANSWERS IN BOXES (drop-down menus) so can't enter free text.  Finally, there is NO WAY TO SAVE IT!  So you can get half or most of the way through and have to stop/pause and/or get stuck because of the dang drop-down stuff, when you can resume you h ...

Choosing An Online MT Course
Jun 08, 2011

Hi, I am considering an online MT course to get certified.  I have been doing transcription for 6 1/2 years for a mental health agency.   I have been doing some online research and there are so many schools/courses to choose from!  Which are the best?  Accredited? Financial aid or pay as you go?   I want to work from home to supplement my income but find that most places you must be certified, have experience, etc....  I have the experience in psychiatry/p ...

Has Anyone Taken The New Online CMT Exam?
Feb 22, 2012

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken the new online CMT exam via webcam.  Did you have any technical problems or did everything run smoothly?  Thanks for the info.  BTW, I already know how many of you feel re the CMT exam, so really just an answer to my question would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

What Online School Is Better???
Apr 24, 2012

I am wondering if a nationally accrediting school is better then just a regular accredited schooling?? Thanks ...

New Ad Stalking Me Online...
Jul 04, 2012

assuming I already have a BA, does anyone think this would be a good alternative career choice to MT?   ...

Online Testing
Oct 22, 2012

Anyone ever test on one the MTTEST online testing sites, knew that you answered all of the questions correct on the multiple choice and fill in the blanks section, only to be told that you failed the test?  It would be one thing if you did not know the answers, but when you know the answers because it is general medical transcription knowledge that is dealt with on a day-to-day basis throughout your job, and be told the answers were wrong?  Something is wrong with this pictur ...

Wouldn't It Be Better To Take An Online
Mar 11, 2014

ICD-10 course rather than be required to stay with them for 2 additional years after the apprenticeship, working whatever shift they feel like sticking you with?  I feel like the difference in the amount of money you'd be making in those 2 years with them versus anywhere else would more than pay for an online course.  I'm not seeing the draw to this. ...

Online Companies
Jun 14, 2014

I have always worked for a hospital in my area and would like to relocate to Florida so was thinking of going with an online service and am looking for some input as to the best services to apply to and the ones to stay away from.  I am single and this is my only income and cannot be without a job and good benefits. ...

Online Transcription Course
Nov 15, 2014

I need input on which is the best online transcription course available for a newbie. I do have a history of 10 years work in radiology but have been out of the field for about 6 years and now am basically starting over since I am not a CMT.  I have looked @ CanScribe and CareerStep, any opionions on these two? Thank you for any information you can provide....   ...

How Difficult Is An Online MT School?
Dec 23, 2009

I'm seriously considering enrolling at one of the "top two" MT online schools.  I'm good at English grammar, spelling, type over 100 wpm with 98% accuracy, a perfectionist, and am also very focused.  I do have a full-time job, but can easily devote evenings and time on the weekends to complete the course.  I'm up for a challenge, but after doing quite a bit of research, this sounds really difficult.  Feedback please! ...

Online Training BIG Gaps...
Feb 01, 2010

O.K. I'm a "senior" woman...(been 29 for years till my daughter became 30...brat) retraining in MT/Coding/Billing after lay-offs in IT. I'm finding significant gaps in my online training and I'm getting worried because I see all the job postings "must have 3 years, 2+ etc. experience" and wonder if: a) I'll be able to get a job b) have the requisite training due to gaps in coverage at my online school. I've got a million questions. I did great in terminology (98% avg) an ...

Anyone Know A Good Shorthand Online Course?
Mar 19, 2010

I finally got my study material for my administrative assistant course, but according to what I've read so far I may need to learn shorthand.  Transcribing my own scrawl is going to be a big step up from transcribing some of the dictators I've listened to, and I gotta say one good thing for my MT career, I don't need to worry about passing the keyboarding section. Anyone know where I can find a good online course for learning shorthand, that isn't too expensive?  T ...