A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mommy Jobs on Line Experience - cautious

Posted: Dec 20, 2013

Anybody have personal experience with Mommy Jobs on Line they care to share?  Trying to decide if it is worth the $200.

You should know better. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
N M

Be aware of scams - Mommy Jobs

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not fall for those bogus claims. You can find all the MT jobs posted on line; either MTStars, MTDaily, Craigslist, and others. Never pay for something that only gives the illusion of offering their services. Actually there are MT recruiters out there who don't charge. If they find you a job, the employer pays, so "buyer beware." Don't even consider it.

Never EVER pay for a job. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Are you kidding me??? - Huh??

[ In Reply To ..]
nm Pay to get a job???? NOT!

Nice responses. Geez people. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
To OP: I definitely would not pay any money to start a job. I know you may be enthusiastic to stay at home with your kids, but it's not a good idea unless you have 200 bucks to throw away just in case it doesn't work out. I would be wary of anything like that, if I were you. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Mommy Jobs Online, Anyone Know Sm
Mar 05, 2013

anything about this search company?  I got an email from them about a job fair for MTs but it was 35 dollars to sign up for the fair.  It's an employment service but just wondeing if anyone has heard anything about them? ...

Mommy Jobs ONline
Jun 25, 2013

Just saying is just curious:  The ad by Mommy Jobs ONline (forum) doesn't say what the fee, if any, is for MTs.   Surely there is no charge for MTs looking for a job? ...

Mommy Jobs Online--where Do They Get Their Contacts?
Jun 26, 2013

I received an e-mail from this company today inviting me to attend their job fair. I noticed there was some conversation about this on here yesterday, but unlike the posters in that string I do not have my resume posted on any of the sites. Is MT Stars selling our e-mail addresses? ...

Mommy Jobs Online A Disappointment
Sep 08, 2013

I recently participated in an online job fair hosted by MJOL, who implied that their leads were more numerous than I could find on job boards online.  The "fair" started late, and ended early which miffed me as I had paid $50 for an hour.  I got a list of companies "currently" hiring, some with phone numbers.  I applied to every single one I qualified for and I either was told they were NOT hiring or I heard nothing at all other than a nibble about doing some other work for one.&n ...

Any Experience With The Jobs Posted On Elance?
Nov 09, 2013

I'm always curious to check them out. ...

Oticed A Lot Of Medical Assistant Jobs Looking For EMR Experience
Oct 31, 2012

looks like there may be a place for us MTs to go once MT dies out completely ...

Happy Mommy's Day To Everyone!!!
May 10, 2015

Mommy's of all kinds ... those who raised kids, pets (they were your babies), or even plants (needed so much TLC to grow).Let's raise our glasses in a toast too one and all ... hand over heart ... with a special dedication to those whose dictators are so bad they make them feel like they are in labor.  ...

Missing Jobs On Line Count?
Apr 11, 2013

Last couple of jobs NOT showing up.  Anyone else having a problem?   TiA ...

Softscript - Line Discrepancies Due To typed Jobs No Longer In Queue
Nov 22, 2011

Line discrepancies due to typed jobs no longer in queue. Email me if you like with when this happened to you and your contact information - email, phone or otherwise - and let's get some justice for those of us who know what is actually going on with this. Happiest of Thanksgivings to you!  ...

Well, I Have Had The Usual Late Night Line Count Crushing Jobs.
Jul 25, 2014

First 3/4, hanging on 150 lph by a thread.  Now the usual late-night line-killer doctor a couple of times and a long train of bad audio.  Just barely able to get over 110 lph.  Oh, and don't forget that 20-minute job during which the doctor had a hard time making up his mind as to what he wanted to say. Performance management here I am.  Got my first nudge today.  Let's see if they will let me be on line count performance management as long as they did quality ...

Maybe If The The Dang Jobs Would Load In A Timely Fashion Line Counts Would Better.
Jun 13, 2015

Nm ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

In Your Experience
Nov 10, 2009

I have seen that some MTs work two or three companies at a time and during the same hours.  Can you tell me if this was working with the same platform and same computer?  ...

Do You Think MT Experience Will Help In Getting An MR Job?
Feb 11, 2010

There is a hospital in my area that has 2 jobs I am interested in, one is a records analyst and the other is a records clerk.  I am definitely ready to start working outside of the home, but I fear my MT experience will not help me much in getting one of these jobs.  I am just wondering what you all think or if I should bother to apply.  I am thinking they are going to want people with hospital experience.  Thanks a bunch for any information!! ...

MD-IT..any Experience?
Apr 12, 2010

Hi.  I was recently hired as an employee with MD-IT.  I filled out all my paperwork, did my computer audit, background check, etc. and was supposed to call at 9:00 a.m. this morning to begin downloading their transcription platform.  Well, I called and got voicemail.  I left a message and have not heard back.  To me, if you have an appointment scheduled, you should be available for that appointment.  I'm sure they would expect nothing less from me.  I real ...

Experience.
Jun 08, 2010

I have been noticing that the experience level required to even get looked at for an MT job has went up. The 2 year experience mark has now went to 3 in most postings, and alot more postings are stating they want a minimum of 5 years. It is an up hill battle in an already hard market but with these kind of requirements I supose the seasoned MT's can rest a little easier and the newbies I guess can look for another line of work. I have already switched my gears and will finish my MA deg ...